Chiarelli tells Savard hes not trading him and hes part of this organization.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Re: Chiarelli tells Savard hes not trading him and hes part of this organization.

For what it's worth: Sather told Gretzky he wouldn't get traded; Sinden told Esposito he wouldn't get traded; and Bobby Hull told the Blackhawks he would never leave.

Things change, sometimes quickly.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from winexpos. Show winexpos's posts

Re: Chiarelli tells Savard hes not trading him and hes part of this organization.

Things can always change but it's good that he will be starting the season with the Bruins.

I am curious how a line of Lucic, Horton and Savard would be.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

yawn

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

Murphy wrote that story well after the stramash over the Savard rumors had come to a head with Jack Edwards' NESN blog and Murphy's petulant response via Twitter. I don't think this story in particular was discussed, but everything else was.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

In Response to Re: Chiarelli tells Savard hes not trading him and hes part of this organization.:
    [QUOTE]Murphy wrote that story well after the stramash over the Savard rumors had come to a head with Jack Edwards' NESN blog and Murphy's petulant response via Twitter. I don't think this story in particular was discussed, but everything else was.
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

A rumor is a rumor not factual or proven by fact.  Sooooo what is you point other than to say it is a rumor of a rumor. Anacoluthia logic at work.... heh?  Got to love the analysis of how a rumor is not factual, or logical when it is not supposed to be factual or logical.  It is to looked upon as a rumor... commentary should be not factual nor should it be analyzed in retort as factual.  Yawn! How are the apples in Massachusetts?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsNumber4. Show BruinsNumber4's posts

sort of like when PC doesn't want to trade tomas but doesn't mind if he is persued openly by other teams. and if you still think a Savard trade wasn't looked at your crazy, Yawn indeed

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Is this correct:

Murphy:  rumors...Savard...trade...waive NTC...sources say

Edwards:  Savard not going anywhere.

Murphy:  Edwards is not my friend anymore.

Murphy:  Savard not going anywhere.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

No other NHL GM likely wants to acquire his 7 year contract given he is so often injured and only had 33 pts. last season...

Good try, PC !

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

In Response to Re: Chiarelli tells Savard hes not trading him and hes part of this organization.:
    [QUOTE]sort of like when PC doesn't want to trade tomas but doesn't mind if he is persued openly by other teams. and if you still think a Savard trade wasn't looked at your crazy, Yawn indeed
    Posted by BruinsNumber4[/QUOTE]

Chiarelli has admitted to fielding offers for Savard over the summer.  

It would appear that none of the deals were to PC's liking.  

Many posters would likely be surprised how little return there is on an aging, oft injured, "me first" player with a 7 year contract and a NMC.

But it's pretty hard to move a contract like that.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbone77. Show tbone77's posts

Often injured Really? Some of you people on here just love makin sh it up. Check his stats

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

I bet PC fielded a lot of offers during the summer. Doesn't mean he went shopping. Could be he had offers for Savvy but none were to his liking. Nothing in print that I can see where PC was the initator, or the agressor in offering Savard. Burke may have come calling PC & asked him what will it take to get Savard.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reilly24. Show Reilly24's posts

[QUOTE]Often injured Really? Some of you people on here just love makin sh it up. Check his stats
    Posted by tbone77[/QUOTE]

I checked his stats because I don't remember him being "oft injured either". Turns out prior to last season he missed 8 games in the last four years. That's an average of 2 games a year. What a soft player. And that hit that knocked him out last year... c'mon most players would have gotten right up and dusted themselves off never missing a shift.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

I checked those stats again...

33 pts. last year...

Savard missed 41 regular season games to injury last season...

And that was in his contract season...

Am I missing something ?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Savard missed 49 games in the last five years...

That's an average of about 10 games per season...

I bet that he never sees another 70 pt. season...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chiarelli tells Savard hes not trading him and hes part of this organization. : I checked his stats because I don't remember him being "oft injured either". Turns out prior to last season he missed 8 games in the last four years. That's an average of 2 games a year. What a soft player. And that hit that knocked him out last year... c'mon most players would have gotten right up and dusted themselves off never missing a shift.
    Posted by Reilly24[/QUOTE]

Don't forget about the MCL tear of his right knee that Savard sustained on 7 January 2010.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

[QUOTE]Savard missed 49 games in the last five years... That's an average of about 10 games per season... I bet that he never sees another 70 pt. season...
    Posted by RMiller87[/QUOTE]
    You have succumbed to the recency effect.  Savard had a bad, injury-filled season last year.  Prior to that, he had 3 complete seasons and one season with 8 games missed.  One bad season does not make a player "oft injured".
    Gaborik, who only hit 70 games 5 years out of 9 is a far better candidate for the injury-prone label.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]Is this correct: Murphy:  rumors...Savard...trade...waive NTC...sources say Edwards:  Savard not going anywhere. Murphy:  Edwards is not my friend anymore. Murphy:  Savard not going anywhere.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Absolutely the correct sequence of thought... thus Chiarelli has to answer the media?  Consequently the thread topic changes to another Savard thread.  Not that it isn't interesting noting DrCCs's comment above, but quite overdone in these threads.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonbruins69. Show bostonbruins69's posts

[QUOTE]Savard missed 49 games in the last five years... That's an average of about 10 games per season... I bet that he never sees another 70 pt. season...

Thats some tough math.  Seeing as Reilly24 clearly stated that prior to last season, Savy had only missed a total of 8 games in 4 years, which isn't bad at all in hockey.  Last year was just one of those years.  So you just took Reillys numbers and added last season on just to make it appear worse.  Savy was hurt, came back, and got a concussion.  He ended up missing half the season because of it.  I don't think just because he had one injury plagued season out of the last 5 that it's time to right him off.  He's actually been pretty durable in a Bruins uniform.  Even with Savy missing 41 games last year, he was still 7th on the Bruins in points scored.  If he is in the lineup, he is going to put up points.  No question about it.  If you think he will never have more than 70 points in a season your crazy.  Just look at the line hes going to be on this year.  With a true sniper on his side hes going to light it up.  If he plays a full year he should get close to 90.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

RMiller's back on a dime, defending it against all reason.  Should I be insane enough to try to reason with him? ... Sure!

You can't measure whether someone is injury prone by number of games missed to injury.  A player who suffers a season ending injury 10 games in and misses 72 games isn't "injury prone" even if his games/season average suddenly drops 10-15 games. He had one injury. Could have been a cheap shot like Cooke on Savard, a semi-cheap shot like Jones on Bergeron, or a total accident like Sturm's knee.  But that's one injury no matter how it happened.  Another player might miss a total of 72 games over 5 seasons with a series of injuries - one or two a year causing him to miss between 13 and 17 games per season.  That player is injury prone because he gets injured frequently. That's the difference: injured severely vs. injured frequently.  Frequently=prone.  Severely doesn't.

Savard had a rash of injuries last year, but had only one injury severe enough to cause him to miss games in the previous four years.  That's not injury prone.  Try again.

Also note that the number of points he had last year has no real bearing on whether or not he's injury prone.  His numbers were down.  So were the numbers for everyone but Bergeron.  One year isn't a trend.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonbruins69. Show bostonbruins69's posts

[QUOTE]RMiller's back on a dime, defending it against all reason.  Should I be insane enough to try to reason with him? ... Sure! You can't measure whether someone is injury prone by number of games missed to injury.  A player who suffers a season ending injury 10 games in and misses 72 games isn't "injury prone" even if his games/season average suddenly drops 10-15 games. He had one injury. Could have been a cheap shot like Cooke on Savard, a semi-cheap shot like Jones on Bergeron, or a total accident like Sturm's knee.  But that's one injury no matter how it happened.  Another player might miss a total of 72 games over 5 seasons with a series of injuries - one or two a year causing him to miss between 13 and 17 games per season.  That player is injury prone because he gets injured frequently. That's the difference: injured severely vs. injured frequently.  Frequently=prone.  Severely doesn't. Savard had a rash of injuries last year, but had only one injury severe enough to cause him to miss games in the previous four years.  That's not injury prone.  Try again. Also note that the number of points he had last year has no real bearing on whether or not he's injury prone.  His numbers were down.  So were the numbers for everyone but Bergeron.  One year isn't a trend.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

Well put!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

[QUOTE]RMiller's back on a dime, defending it against all reason.  Should I be insane enough to try to reason with him? ... Sure! You can't measure whether someone is injury prone by number of games missed to injury.  A player who suffers a season ending injury 10 games in and misses 72 games isn't "injury prone" even if his games/season average suddenly drops 10-15 games. He had one injury. Could have been a cheap shot like Cooke on Savard, a semi-cheap shot like Jones on Bergeron, or a total accident like Sturm's knee.  But that's one injury no matter how it happened.  Another player might miss a total of 72 games over 5 seasons with a series of injuries - one or two a year causing him to miss between 13 and 17 games per season.  That player is injury prone because he gets injured frequently. That's the difference: injured severely vs. injured frequently.  Frequently=prone.  Severely doesn't. Savard had a rash of injuries last year, but had only one injury severe enough to cause him to miss games in the previous four years.  That's not injury prone.  Try again. Also note that the number of points he had last year has no real bearing on whether or not he's injury prone.  His numbers were down.  So were the numbers for everyone but Bergeron.  One year isn't a trend.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

Savard is 33 years old, and tore his MCL and suffered a class II concussion last season...

That's two different injuries, actually...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Regardless, it really looks like PC couldn't get the deal that he must have wanted for Savard...

Not all that surprising, really...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chiarelli tells Savard hes not trading him and hes part of this organization. : Thats some tough math.  Seeing as Reilly24 clearly stated that prior to last season, Savy had only missed a total of 8 games in 4 years, which isn't bad at all in hockey.  Last year was just one of those years.  So you just took Reillys numbers and added last season on just to make it appear worse.  Savy was hurt, came back, and got a concussion.  He ended up missing half the season because of it.  I don't think just because he had one injury plagued season out of the last 5 that it's time to right him off.  He's actually been pretty durable in a Bruins uniform.  Even with Savy missing 41 games last year, he was still 7th on the Bruins in points scored.  If he is in the lineup, he is going to put up points.  No question about it.  If you think he will never have more than 70 points in a season your crazy.  Just look at the line hes going to be on this year.  With a true sniper on his side hes going to light it up.  If he plays a full year he should get close to 90.
    Posted by bostonbruins69[/QUOTE]

90 pts ???

If Savard had played a full year last season, he would have had a projected 66 pts, and that was before his head injury.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

"Even with Savy missing 41 games last year, he was still 7th on the Bruins in points scored."

Considering that the Bruins were one of the lowest scoring teams in the entire League, that's really not saying alot...

Would have likely had 66 pts. before his head injury...

I sincerely doubt that Savard ever has another 70 pts.+ season in his career...

Time will tell...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chiarelli tells Savard hes not trading him and hes part of this organization. : Savard is 33 years old, and tore his MCL and suffered a class II concussion last season... That's two different injuries, actually...

What's your point?  I didn't say he'd had one injury.  I said he had a rash of injuries last year (those two being the only ones severe enough to keep him out of the lineup). 

Are you suggesting that his age is the reason he had injuries last year?  Maybe, but again, one year isn't a trend - especially when the second injury was a cheap shot.

Savard projected at 66 points - an off year. The team had a terrible statistical year due to injuries across the lineup.  And you're taking a one year dip, trying to correct for injuries, and suggesting Savard won't better that pace by four points ever again in his career?  Not sure why you're so convinced.  But then, like I said, you seem to find a dime, put your foot down, and refuse to move.

Sections
Shortcuts