Chiarelli tells Savard hes not trading him and hes part of this organization.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Chiarelli tells Savard hes not trading him and hes part of this organization.

Facts that cannot be argued as pointed out by DRCC:

Prior to his first missed game last season, he had 7 points in 7 games.

The final 7 games before his second injury (the MCL tear) he had 7 points in 7 games.

His final 10 games before (and including) his encounter with Cooke he scored 8 points.

More facts pointed out is Savard did not have injury plagued seasons prior to the past one and he also had to put up with Sturm and Ryder this past year Marc now has Seguin and Horton to pass to this year.

Bruins PP in 2010 when Savard was out was abysmal than when he was healthy. More facts Savard is here to stay!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Re: Chiarelli tells Savard hes not trading him and hes part of this organization.

I think that I might see the problem now...

Many of you think that Marc Savard, a player who has averaged 73 points per season over his career, belongs in the same sentence as superstars like Steve Yzerman and Joe Sakic...

Let me assure you that he doesn't...

If PC was offering a player of Sakic's or Yzerman's calibre, you can be darn sure that 29 other NHL GMs would have been interested... 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Some of you, folks, sure seem to have trouble dealing with the facts on Savard...

Anyways, is anyone really surprised that a guy with a 7 year, NMC contract didn't get picked up by another NHL GM especially when he has been producing at a 0.43 PPG since returning from his head injury...

I doubt that the lowly Leafs even made an offer on this guy. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

That Henrik Sedin is a bum.  He's only averaged 64 points a season over his career.  He'd have to average 121 points a season for the next four years to be a point-per-game player when he's 33!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Now, you are simply reaching with the comparison to a Hart trophy winner like Henrik Sedin...

Sedin might be called a late bloomer, but he's certainly not past his prime like Savard is...

He also didn't have a concussion, MCL tear last season nor was his GM trying to trade him over the summer...

If Gillis had been trying to do that, you can be darn sure that 29 other NHL GMs would have been interested....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"I think that I might see the problem now"

You only see what you want to see and ignore facts it's a sad existence!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from gapc. Show gapc's posts

It's obvious that RMiller has an issue with Savard - whether he is a Habs troll just looking for attention, or a Bruins fan with a hair across his crack over Savard is the question.  The fact is that Savard has a very cap-friendly contract and the prognosis of of a 75 point season with Horton and Lucic playing on his wings is good

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

In Response to Re: Chiarelli tells Savard hes not trading him and hes part of this organization.:
    [QUOTE]Now, you are simply reaching with the comparison to a Hart trophy winner like Henrik Sedin... Sedin might be called a late bloomer, but he's certainly not past his prime like Savard is... He also didn't have a concussion, MCL tear last season nor was his GM trying to trade him over the summer... If Gillis had been trying to do that, you can be darn sure that 29 other NHL GMs would have been interested....
    Posted by RMiller87[/QUOTE]
    Wow, talk about totally missing the point.  You are constantly harping on Savard for only having 0.89 points per game in his career, at 33.  For Sedin to match that by 33, he will have to average 92 points for the next 4 years.  Sure, he may do that - and then he would be the same as Savard.  Okay, suppose he scores 110 all 4 seasons.  If he does that, he would be a career 0.96 point-per-game player, all of 7.6% better than Savard. 
    So now do you see why your referring to Savard's career points-per-game statistic is misleading?
    No, no of course not.  You don't like Savard, so the only way of interpreting data in your world is the way that makes him look bad.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Trust me, RMiller, your assurance regarding anything is worth a stack of water-stained Alan Pederson rookie cards.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to Re: Chiarelli tells Savard hes not trading him and hes part of this organization.:
    [QUOTE]That Henrik Sedin is a bum.  He's only averaged 64 points a season over his career.  He'd have to average 121 points a season for the next four years to be a point-per-game player when he's 33!
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

That's a fascinating stat, and quite revealing. Savard is a very special player.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

For those inclined to associate Savard's impending decline in productivity on last year's stats, I would like to know who his regular linemates were when he was healthy?  I would be surprised if he had any regular linemates and, considering that the only player without a downturn in productivity last year was Bergeron, I would doubt that any of Savard's linemates, whoever they were, did much to support Savard's point production.

A quote from one young Milan Lucic, who may well play with Savard and Horton:

Milan Lucic said he's feeling back to normal after his sprained left ankle had more time for rest this offseason. Partly because of the injury, Lucic found himself on the fourth line at times during the playoffs last year. But this season, assuming good health, Lucic could be alongside Marc Savard and Nathan Horton on the No. 1 line. "I'm happy he's still going to be part of the team," Lucic said of Savard. "For the last three years, he's one of the guys I've been closest with. We have a special bond on and off the ice. I'm happy he's back."

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/

Consider that the Bruins will start the season with a healthy Seidenberg, Stuart, Ference, and Lucic - none of whom had healthy seasons last year.  What do those healthy players add to a healthy Savard, in terms of production and his dreaded stats?  Throw Nathan Horton and Tyler Seguin in the lineup with an again-healthy David Krejci with another year's experience, and I think Savard will be very productive with a much better balanced set of lines and a stronger lineup overall.

Just my thoughts.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]             "I think that I might see the problem now" You only see what you want to see and ignore facts it's a sad existence!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

"mine shaft logic", RMiller these guys are writing not too necessarily shame as you have posted some positive stuff ie. "Slegler" commentary for instance.  Capitulate please! You have lost this with some of the very best of posters trying to convince you of the errors of your thinking.  All I can think of is Fredericksburg Civil War battle where Ambrose Burnside charged a hill six times directly into the confederate army.  Sad.   

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

What`s sad is that none of you can logically debate this.

Your bringing up Yzerman, Sakic and Henrik Sedin only make me laugh more...

Savard is definitely not in the class of any of those players...

In fact, Savard has never won anything is his life...

The fact of the matter is also that if PC hadn`t signed him prematurely as a UFA last season (like he also did with a oft injured Bruins`defensemen,) the Bruins wouldn`t be stuck with a 7 year, $28 Million dollae on an over the hill player that few other NHL GMs are interested in acquiring... 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

[QUOTE]For those inclined to associate Savard's impending decline in productivity on last year's stats, I would like to know who his regular linemates were when he was healthy?  I would be surprised if he had any regular  linemates and, considering that the only player without a downturn in productivity last year was Bergeron, I would doubt that any of Savard's linemates, whoever they were, did much to support Savard's point production. A quote from one young Milan Lucic, who may well play with Savard and Horton: Milan Lucic said he's feeling back to normal after his sprained left ankle had more time for rest this offseason. Partly because of the injury, Lucic found himself on the fourth line at times during the playoffs last year. But this season, assuming good health, Lucic could be alongside Marc Savard and Nathan Horton on the No. 1 line. "I'm happy he's still going to be part of the team," Lucic said of Savard. "For the last three years, he's one of the guys I've been closest with. We have a special bond on and off the ice. I'm happy he's back." http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/ Consider that the Bruins will start the season with a healthy Seidenberg, Stuart, Ference, and Lucic - none of whom had healthy seasons last year.  What do those healthy players add to a healthy Savard, in terms of production and his dreaded stats?  Throw Nathan Horton and Tyler Seguin in the lineup with an again-healthy David Krejci with another year's experience, and I think Savard will be very productive with a much better balanced set of lines and a stronger lineup overall. Just my thoughts.
    Posted by huscroft28[/QUOTE]

Lucic isn`t exactly a goal scorer.

I don`t see how he`ll be lighting the lamp up on a line with Savard.

Lucic actually belongs more on a third or fourth line.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE]What`s sad is that none of you can logically debate this. Your bringing up Yzerman, Sakic and Henrik Sedin only make me laugh more... Savard is definitely not in the class of any of those players... In fact, Savard has never won anything is his life... The fact of the matter is also that if PC hadn`t signed him prematurely as a UFA last season (like he also did with a oft injured Bruins`defensemen,) the Bruins wouldn`t be stuck with a 7 year, $28 Million dollae on an over the hill player that few other NHL GMs are interested in acquiring... 

You're lost.  Just...lost.  My standard reply to your posts, when I can't resist the temptation, will be to sit and mutter:

Great white buffalo

Great white buffalo

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Regardless of what any of you, spin doctors, say...

I stand by original contention that Savard will never surpass the 70 point plateau again in his career...

I think that time will again prove me correct on that point...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Great white buffalo

Great white buffalo

Great white buffalo

Great white buffalo

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

[QUOTE]Your bringing up Yzerman, Sakic and Henrik Sedin only make me laugh more... Savard is definitely not in the class of any of those players...
    Let me point this out again.  Right now, Sedin has 0.78 points per game in his career.  At the comparable point in his career, Savard had 0.797 points per game.  In terms of scoring, they've followed each other impressively.
    I'm sorry, but you are entirely basing your argument on what your heart tells you - that you don't like Savard.  Little logic involved.
    That doesn't mean there is zero support for your stance, or even that you will be wrong - simply that the data you are trying to use to prove your point is so cherry-picked and misleading that it hurts your cause more than it helps.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

I bet that most of you also thought that Theo Epstein`s `run prevention strategy`was brilliant....

PC had screwed up this whole Savard signing by prematurely offering him a 7 year contract with a NMC...

He obviously didn`t foresee Savard`s 0.47 PPG playoff performance, the MCL tear, the severe concussion, the too many men on the ice penalty and now the Bruins have a $28 Million contract stuck in their cap equations FOR THE NEXT 7 years...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Anyways, time will prove me right...

I`ve got another 7 years to remind you, guys, about this...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Great white buffalo

Great white buffalo

Great white buffalo

Great white buffalo

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chiarelli tells Savard hes not trading him and hes part of this organization. : Let me point this out again.  Right now, Sedin has 0.78 points per game in his career.  At the comparable point in his career, Savard had 0.797 points per game.  In terms of scoring, they've followed each other impressively. I'm sorry, but you are entirely basing your argument on what your heart tells you - that you don't like Savard.  Little logic involved. That doesn't mean there is zero support for your stance, or even that you will be wrong - simply that the data you are trying to use to prove your point is so cherry-picked and misleading that it hurts your cause more than it helps.
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

Sedin is a Hart trophy winner...

He is only 29 years old and coming into his prime now...

Savard is 33 years old and past his prime...

The two players are in no way comparable...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

[QUOTE]Great white buffalo Great white buffalo Great white buffalo Great white buffalo
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

Ummm... I believe that you have said that already...

It makes a little more sense than comparing a washed up, oft injured, has been who managed 33 pts last season to a Hart trophy winner like Henrik Sedin though...

Not a whole lot more, however...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]Great white buffalo Great white buffalo Great white buffalo Great white buffalo
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

::points to ignore button::

Spare yourself the aggravation, my friend.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

If you were actually comparing Henrik Sedin today to Marc Savard of four or five years ago, I might understand your comparison...

Sections
Shortcuts