Chiarelli tells Savard hes not trading him and hes part of this organization.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Re: Chiarelli tells Savard hes not trading him and hes part of this organization.

In Response to Re: Chiarelli tells Savard hes not trading him and hes part of this organization.:
    So far, no one has answered the question... If Chiarelli didn't prematurely sign his UFAs like Svard and Ference instead of waiting until the season was over (like the intelligent NHL GMs do), would the Bruins be offering Savard a 7 year, $28 Million contract TODAY ? I say that there's no way that Savard gets that contract today. Best be sure that someone's paying the pied piper for Chiarelli's inept cap management again.
    Posted by RMiller87

Waiting till the off season like intelligent GMs's do??  Really? Cause most GM's are signing their "core" players before they ever hit free agency to protect them, as well as blocking other gm's from driving up the price for that players services.. Talk to me about what intellegent GM's waited till the off season to sign their core guys, not role guys.. Another statement with no knowledge behind it..

Kovalchuk was the only marquee free agent this season and that is only because he baulked at a 10y $101m dollar deal from atlanta..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Re: Chiarelli tells Savard hes not trading him and hes part of this organization.

BB,
    Please...enough of this reason and dessemination of pertinent facts.
    Can't you just see that RMiller has you dead to rights.

Let's review...

-4 million cap hit for Savard is ridiculous for a center who is not even one of the 30 best at his position.
    -His wingers made him.
    -He's selfish.
    -His teammates hate him with a passion.
    -He's never won anything.
    -He is injury prone.
    -He was on a 66 point pace last year.
    -He's over the hill.
    -He's been on 4 teams for chrissakes (if you count the 28 games with NYR).
    -The power play was fine without him.
    -He only became a PK player because the system warranted it.
    -He's holding Seguin back (which actually doesn't matter because Seguin will be back in Juniors anyways...just ask the sage RMiller).

These "facts" and "arguments of reason" will get you nowhere.

Great White Buffalo
    Great White Buffalo

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

RM,
    the fact is you don't like savard, and your opinion of him is he won't score 70 points again, and nearly no one agrees with you, you try to dig up "fact" after fact to support this and come up with nothing digger yourself deeper and presenting information which is incorrect (such as your gretkzy comment) and then you never want to admit your wrong, so when people point out players who produced well past that "age" you say they can't be compared.. You incorrectly call a guy injury prone because you don't understand what that really means, and then you critisize his contract (in hind sight btw) because you have failed to be correct on a single point right now.. The only thing you have done correctly is take 41X2 and apply that to 33 points.. Though that does not correctly "project" an 82 game season.. That kind of projection really can only be applied to a guy who is coming up from the minors, or a contract dispute etc, and even then is never an accurate portrayal or a players stats.. The smaller the sample the far less accurate the "projection" will be... Bochenski scored 22 points in his 31 games with the bruins, that projects to almost 60points, hows that projection work out??

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to Re: Chiarelli tells Savard hes not trading him and hes part of this organization.:
    BB, Please...enough of this reason and dessemination of pertinent facts. Can't you just see that RMiller has you dead to rights. Let's review... -4 million cap hit for Savard is ridiculous for a center who is not even one of the 30 best at his position. -His wingers made him. -He's selfish. -His teammates hate him with a passion. -He's never won anything. -He is injury prone. -He was on a 66 point pace last year. -He's over the hill. -He's been on 4 teams for chrissakes (if you count the 28 games with NYR). -The power play was fine without him. -He only became a PK player because the system warranted it. -He's holding Seguin back (which actually doesn't matter because Seguin will be back in Juniors anyways...just ask the sage RMiller). These "facts" and "arguments of reason" will get you nowhere. Great White Buffalo Great White Buffalo
    Posted by seobrien

I'd say that just about sums it up.

I really love the "cancer in the locker room" assertions in light of this:

"I’m happy that he’s still a part of the team because I’ve felt that in the three years I’ve been here, he’s one of the guys that I’ve been closest with. We have a special bond off and on the ice, so I’m happy that he’s back and I hope he’s happy that he’s still around too." - Milan Lucic

Savvy's turning Lucic to the dark side! Oh noes!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

seobrien - yeah...thanks.  I don't know what I was thinking.  Maybe...maybe reason is a sort of prophylaxis against others contracting what RM's got? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

I concur (Catch me if you can.... fitting heh?) .... hahahaha... Great White Buffalo!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"He came back early from the knee injury to get the head injury."

The above statement will go down as one of the more classic RMiller quips!

PS. Somehow though the little boy with his shovel will top it because anyone who believes athletes wanting another injury after just coming back from one has too like jamming tacks in his fingers for pleasure!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sclifton-4-freespeech. Show sclifton-4-freespeech's posts

"He came back early from the knee injury to get the head injury." The above statement will go down as one of the more classic RMiller quips! PS. Somehow though the little boy with his shovel will top it because anyone who believes athletes wanting another injury after just coming back from one has too like jamming tacks in his fingers for pleasure!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

i know right! almost as if he is hittting himself in the head with the shovel, and screaming "thank you sir may i have another"! whack!! "thank you sir may i have another"!

i like how all of sudden a guy who makes his lving from outstanding passes and racking up assists is selfish. 4mil a season i think there would be 29 other teams lining up to sign him. the guy is wizard with the puck!!!!!!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

In Response to Re: Chiarelli tells Savard hes not trading him and hes part of this organization. : Probably not.  But you are trying to argue that the decision was wrong at the time based on information that didn't exist then.   What would have happened if Savard and Toews never collided, Savard clicked with Sturm, and he finished the season with 80 points?  He would have wanted a better contract right?  But that's how these things go - you have to make decisions based on the information available, not what random things may or may not happen in the future. You do know time flows linearly, right?
    Posted by DrCC

He continues ignoring the rest of the "Chiarelli lap dogs..."

They know who they are...

There was never any need for Chiarelli to prematurely sign Savard to a 7 YEAR, $28 Million contract before last season was over because he is never going to be an impact player...

Never has, never will be...

Ditto for Ference...

These two losers have never won anything in their lifes, and likely never will...

Savard is a yappy, team cancer type of player who both the Rangers and Flames were happy to part with...

But if you wanna worship false gods like that, who am I to stop you ?

SEVEN MORE YEARS !

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chiarelli tells Savard hes not trading him and hes part of this organization. : i know right! almost as if he is hittting himself in the head with the shovel, and screaming "thank you sir may i have another"! whack!! "thank you sir may i have another"! i like how all of sudden a guy who makes his lving from outstanding passes and racking up assists is selfish. 4mil a season i think there would be 29 other teams lining up to sign him. the guy is wizard with the puck!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by sclifton_4_freespeech[/QUOTE

29 other teams ???

Yet, Chiarelli couldn't get a trade for him...

And the Rangers, Flames and Thrashers all previously had him, and their fans didn't care when he left at all.

33 pts. does not a wizard make...

So when he played with Kovalchuk and Kessel -- two wingers who could put the puck in the net, he had a PPG for a few years...

The rest of his career he has been a 6 pts - 65 pts. kinda player...

He'll never likely top 70 pts. in a season again -- Book it, PC's yes men !

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

In Response to Re: Chiarelli tells Savard hes not trading him and hes part of this organization. : I'd say that just about sums it up. I really love the "cancer in the locker room" assertions in light of this: "I’m happy that he’s still a part of the team because I’ve felt that in the three years I’ve been here, he’s one of the guys that I’ve been closest with. We have a special bond off and on the ice, so I’m happy that he’s back and I hope he’s happy that he’s still around too." - Milan Lucic Savvy's turning Lucic to the dark side! Oh noes!
    Posted by duinne

Cute !

Lucic has a "special bond off and on the ice" with Savard...

Sweet !

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

In Response to Re: Chiarelli tells Savard hes not trading him and hes part of this organization. : He continues ignoring the rest of the "Chiarelli lap dogs..." They know who they are... There was never any need for Chiarelli to prematurely sign Savard to a 7 YEAR, $28 Million contract before last season was over because he is never going to be an impact player... Never has, never will be... Ditto for Ference... These two losers have never won anything in their lifes, and likely never will... Savard is a yappy, team cancer type of player who both the Rangers and Flames were happy to part with... But if you wanna worship false gods like that, who am I to stop you ? SEVEN MORE YEARS !
    Posted by RMiller87

So prioritizing resigning one of the teams top offensive producers = stupid GM idea.  Understood.  Ference is another can of worms.

You must have access to some good entrails.

Oh - and just to make your head explode:  I don't like Savard very much.  I could list my reasons, and they are somewhat different than yours, but I don't have time.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

PC would have been much smarter not to sign the deal with the devil that he did before knowing that he would be drafting another Centre (a future potential #1) in the 2010 draft...

What he ended up doing in Savard's case was just bad management...

I am also certainly not a fan of PC's attempts to covertly circumvent the NHL's salary cap with the kind of lengthy, front loaded deal that he offered Savard...  

The fact that this will all likely comeback to haunt the Bruins for the next 7 years makes it bittersweet for me though... 

Sections
Shortcuts