CHIARELLI!!!!!!!...YOUR FIRED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

CHIARELLI!!!!!!!...YOUR FIRED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What in heavens name is PC up to?

I am so completely puzzled on why he dished out $3.3mill on Morris. The cap space looked like it had promise for a matter of hours. I really thought he had a bigger deal in the works either by signing Kessel or trading him for an impact D-men and leaving that money for "future" use (Trades / Injuries).

Well, i don't know how to react but i am sure a confused Bruins fan right now.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tricky-Dicky-Hambone. Show Tricky-Dicky-Hambone's posts

Re: CHIARELLI!!!!!!!...YOUR FIRED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

good god man... it's "YOU'RE"..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celticsownthegarden. Show Celticsownthegarden's posts

In Response to Re: CHIARELLI!!!!!!!...YOUR FIRED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:
    [QUOTE]good god man... it's "YOU'RE"..
    Posted by Tricky-Dicky-Hambone[/QUOTE]

What kind of nerd would pick out a spelling mistake and then post about it on a frigging hockey board?? Get a life.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SCORE6. Show SCORE6's posts

think of the team before chiarelli.... and since he got here....i love ward, but he`s getting old,hurt alot.....at the trade deadline morris was the hot defenseman alot of teams wanted...he under acheived with the rangers,an under acheiving team.....i think claude will get the most out of him....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from flossy8. Show flossy8's posts

Left Boston: Ward, Axelsson, Yelle, (Kessel?)

Added: Begin, Morris...

This is supposed to make us better?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

YES, it is supposed to make us better, the Bruins needed a good d man that can move the puck and play physical, they got him, they don't need Kessel, it would be nice to keep him but if he demands more than 3.2 or so, send him packing.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from flossy8. Show flossy8's posts

[QUOTE]YES, it is supposed to make us better, the Bruins needed a good d man that can move the puck and play physical, they got him, they don't need Kessel, it would be nice to keep him but if he demands more than 3.2 or so, send him packing.
    Posted by dkrejci46[/QUOTE]

LOL

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SCORE6. Show SCORE6's posts

BIGGER,YOUNGER,BETTER

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

[QUOTE]Left Boston: Ward, Axelsson, Yelle, (Kessel?) Added: Begin, Morris... This is supposed to make us better?
    Posted by flossy8[/QUOTE]

Yep yelle was a one year stop gap liked him but he did what we needed for one year. Bitz replaces Ax younger, bigger and stronger plus cheaper (for now). We get Recchi for a full year going to improve on his goal output bet on it.

Morris gets a 1 year contract to go and prove himself on a better team which will make him better. Not having to play in Phoenix and New York but now along side Stuart and Chara I like his chances. Begin is also younger, grittier, tougher cheaper upgrade of both AX and Yelle.

Although i'm still pissed about Begin's crack to the back of Savard i'll live with it for now hopefully Begin prove to me he isn't a coward!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

As for the Wardo deal, all I can say is that it was much easier to stomach his trade before I read this:

http://www.nesn.com/2009/07/ward-has-mixed-emotions-on-trade-to-hurricanes.html?ccrm

I know most of you are male, and I haven't gotten emotional about a trade yet, but come on man. Tell me this reaction didn't strike a chord in your heart.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[QUOTE]As for the Wardo deal, all I can say is that it was much easier to stomach his trade before I read this: http://www.nesn.com/2009/07/ward-has-mixed-emotions-on-trade-to-hurricanes.html?ccrm I know most of you are male, and I haven't gotten emotional about a trade yet, but come on man. Tell me this reaction didn't strike a chord in your heart.
    Posted by BruinsUnite[/QUOTE] After reading that article my respect for PC just went up another notch.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

[QUOTE]YES, it is supposed to make us better, the Bruins needed a good d man that can move the puck and play physical, they got him, they don't need Kessel, it would be nice to keep him but if he demands more than 3.2 or so, send him packing.
    Posted by dkrejci46[/QUOTE]

Uhhh, just how are we going to do that now, sign him for 3.2 if he will take it ?  I know you don't want to trade Kob.  Got any other ideas?

PC has said he is done trading for now.

Kessel to Providence?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tricky-Dicky-Hambone. Show Tricky-Dicky-Hambone's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CHIARELLI!!!!!!!...YOUR FIRED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : What kind of nerd would pick out a spelling mistake and then post about it on a frigging hockey board?? Get a life.
    Posted by Celticsownthegarden[/QUOTE]

it's more of a grammatical error than a spelling error. If you're not intelligent, at least try to look like you are on the interwebs... That's what Hambone always says...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

If only people would LISTEN to the man....

When he traded Ward, he stated it was not to clear cap space for Kessel, and that he was looking to add another defenseman. He did.

And for those freaking out about Morris's contract, it is the GOING RATE for a puck-moving defenseman, and Morris actually took a pay cut.

He has said, repeatedly, that the Bruins LIKE Kessel, that he's a good young player, a good person, and they will match any offer sheet that comes his way.

And he ALSO said, at the beginning of the summer, that he did not plan to do much in the off-season. Seriously, why should he? The Bruins were a stupendous team last year. Their biggest handicaps in the playoffs were lack of experience and myriad, massive injuries. They are, overall, a YOUNG team, and you don't start moving pieces of a young team around; you shed some of the older parts (Yelle, Ward, Axelsson, Hnidy, Fernandez) and give the kids room to grow and improve. YES, they will be better, with guys like Hunwick, Wheeler, a healthy Krejci, a healthy Bergeron, a healthy Kessel, a vastly improved Stuart (man, he was impressive down the stretch and in the playoffs), and up-and-coming Rask on the roster. A lot of these guys were just getting their feet under them last year. Don't you think, with experience, and another year playing together, they're going to be better?

And to get back to Chiarelli, how anyone can say he's FIRED! when he, as I said elsewhere, pulled this team out of the basement and into the penthouse in the space of three years is out of his mind. If you want a look at a franchise that's shot itself in the foot, check out the Blawkhawks. A little perspective is always a good thing.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RyanBhoy. Show RyanBhoy's posts

[QUOTE]Left Boston: Ward, Axelsson, Yelle, (Kessel?) Added: Begin, Morris... This is supposed to make us better?

What was the deal with Axel leaving? They just didn't pick his contract back up?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CHIARELLI!!!!!!!...YOUR FIRED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : What kind of nerd would pick out a spelling mistake and then post about it on a frigging hockey board?? Get a life.
    Posted by Celticsownthegarden[/QUOTE]

Correcting all the bad spelling in these forums would be an impossible job anyway!!  BUT, I have to agree with Hambone on this one-- it just looks weird to have YOUR FIRED like Chairelli owns a "fired" instead of YOU'RE FIRED, meaning "you are fired", which is what the author surely intends. 

Not to be picky, folks...but, really....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from fp4778. Show fp4778's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CHIARELLI!!!!!!!...YOUR FIRED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : Correcting all the bad spelling in these forums would be an impossible job anyway!!  BUT, I have to agree with Hambone on this one-- it just looks weird to have YOUR FIRED like Chairelli owns a "fired" instead of YOU'RE FIRED, meaning "you are fired", which is what the author surely intends.  Not to be picky, folks...but, really....
    Posted by CarolinaClamMan[/QUOTE]

Man!!! Okay I suggest you give Hambone a shout to let him know that the first word in a sentence should  start with a capital letter if that will make both of you feel better. Hey CarolinaClamMan I have no problem with YOU'RE headline.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CHIARELLI!!!!!!!...YOUR FIRED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : What was the deal with Axel leaving? They just didn't pick his contract back up?
    Posted by RyanBhoy[/QUOTE]

Axelsson is an unrestricted free agent, so technically there is no contract to pick up. He's free to sign wherever he wants.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

[QUOTE]If only people would LISTEN to the man.... When he traded Ward, he stated it was not to clear cap space for Kessel, and that he was looking to add another defenseman. He did. And for those freaking out about Morris's contract, it is the GOING RATE for a puck-moving defenseman, and Morris actually took a pay cut. He has said, repeatedly, that the Bruins LIKE Kessel, that he's a good young player, a good person, and they will match any offer sheet that comes his way. And he ALSO said, at the beginning of the summer, that he did not plan to do much in the off-season. Seriously, why should he? The Bruins were a stupendous team last year. Their biggest handicaps in the playoffs were lack of experience and myriad, massive injuries. They are, overall, a YOUNG team, and you don't start moving pieces of a young team around; you shed some of the older parts (Yelle, Ward, Axelsson, Hnidy, Fernandez) and give the kids room to grow and improve. YES, they will be better, with guys like Hunwick, Wheeler, a healthy Krejci, a healthy Bergeron, a healthy Kessel, a vastly improved Stuart (man, he was impressive down the stretch and in the playoffs), and up-and-coming Rask on the roster. A lot of these guys were just getting their feet under them last year. Don't you think, with experience, and another year playing together, they're going to be better? And to get back to Chiarelli, how anyone can say he's FIRED! when he, as I said elsewhere, pulled this team out of the basement and into the penthouse in the space of three years is out of his mind. If you want a look at a franchise that's shot itself in the foot, check out the Blawkhawks. A little perspective is always a good thing.  
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

Stuart was the man in the playoffs, yes.

And of course, this is a rational analysis. Don't mind the reactionaries. PC has showed class and smarts. Let's be glad for it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pezell04x. Show Pezell04x's posts

Of course it does.

Axelsson and Yelle are old man and Axe was overpaid for a guy who provided little to no scoring on a 4th line. There's a reason why Yelle took minimum money, because teams weren't sure he could play. Begin will be able to fill in Yelle's spot on the team as a 4th line player and a penalty killer.

People are making Yelle and Axelsson out to be godsends for the team. Losing them isn't going to make the team collapse, instead it gives Bitz more playing time and more time to mature. A Thornton-Begin-Bitz line is exactly what a 4th line should be.

Losing Ward isn't cathestrophic at all. He's old and his play was beginning to break down. Is Morris worth $3.3 million? No, but all offseason everyone cried for a puck moving defenseman, so here you go.

You can't cry about wanting a defenseman who can get the puck out of the zone, then cry when you get one because of the price tag. That type of dman is a premium in the league so its going to be a higher paid position.

In my eyes Begin, Morris /> Axelsson, Yelle and Ward by a long shot.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyBruin. Show BradyBruin's posts

YES
    Ward vs. Morris - Morris has nearly twice as many goals and assists (is 6 years younger) and is known for being durbale. Upgrade!
    Axellson - seriously? You think losing Axe is making us worse? He is replaced by Bitz full time. Upgrade!
    Yelle vs. Begin - either way its your 4th line center and your not talking about much difference. Draw
    Kessel if gone - Sturm fills in his spot - yes I know he's not going to score as many goals - but is a much better 2-way forward and will still pop-in around 30 goals. Plus you have Recchi for a full season and have serious depth in your top 9 forwards with Bitz and Sobotka still sitting on your 4th line or in the booth waiting.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from guy0677. Show guy0677's posts

The title of this Thread is ridiculous.  The vast majority of Chiarelli's moves have been outstanding and the team has improved dramtically.

As for Morris, he definitely underachieved with Phoenix, but they were an absolutely awful team. He admitted this in his comments after the signing.  By giving him a very reasonable one-year contract (including pay cut), he has an opportunity to prove that his talent can be seen on a good team.  He has an oustanding shot and he gives the Bruins another defenseman that can move the puck.  The only way you could argue they don't need that is if you didn't watch the Carolina series when they kept moving the puck behind their own net and almost never had a crisp breakout in the first 5 games of that series. 

As for Kessel...it is very easy to say sign him no matter what.  It's sexy to have a guy that scores like he does, but this team has a lot of offense and Sturm returning.  Kessel has proven somewhat injury-prone.  I give him all the credit in the world for bouncing back from cancer and adding some mild grit to his game.  But why oh why do you think he isn't signed already???  1.  The economics of the cap make it hard this year to be a highly paid FA.  2.  NOBODY knows if he's going to do it again!  He's young!  He needs to take a 1-year deal...man up...repeat his performance and be eligible for arbitration next year.

Oh and by the way...if this happens and he scores 15 goals next season, I wonder if the same idiot that started this thread will come back and apologize to PC.  I think his handling of this offseason has been just plain brilliance!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Axe signed in Sweden, and Sturm can take his spot on the PK.

I dont know much about Morris, but I hope he works out.  I liked Ward, but he was pretty slow and he was showing his age in the playoffs.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsdiehard. Show bruinsdiehard's posts

[QUOTE] The Bruins were a stupendous team last year.

And to get back to Chiarelli, how anyone can say he's FIRED! when he, as I said elsewhere, pulled this team out of the basement and into the penthouse in the space of three years is out of his mind. If you want a look at a franchise that's shot itself in the foot, check out the Blawkhawks. A little perspective is always a good thing.  
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

These words Duinne...stupedous...penthouse...are you another one of those fans who's been mesmerized by another Adams/Northeast division Banner?

Here's some more perspective for you: How was last year any different from 2004, 2002, 1993, 1992, 1991? These are the only type of Bruins I've known for my entire life (born in 1986): high expectations going into the playoffs, followed by poor performance. At least in 91 and 92 they went to the conference finals. And you love to bandy about the word "younger" when referencing the Bruins, those teams of 91 and 92 were actually OLDER in average age than the team we've got now in 2009, and they've had the most success out of all those teams i just listed.

I'm not trying to pick a fight with you, and I'm in no way saying that PC should be fired. Thats a ridiculous idea, considering what the man has done. But what I am saying is he's still got a ways to go and hes made his share of mistakes along the way, and since you are apparently so fond of "perspective" lol, i thought i'd share some wth you.

And actually, I wouldn't want to get into the blackhawks for too much this year, they look on paper like a real contender in the west.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TommyD603. Show TommyD603's posts

Morris is a younger iron-man defender who can move the puck. That's an upgrade over the slow-footed and oft-injured Ward (who I love).
    Sobotka is an offensive upgrade and defensive downgrade from Axelsson. Probably come out pretty even.
    Begin is a defensive downgrade over Yelle, but is also an upgrade in phsyicality. Probably a downgrade overall, but keep in mind, it's a 4th line center... if you were going to take a hit, this is the line to take it on.
    If Kessel leaves, Sturm essentially replaces him. Slight speed downgrade, and a talent downgrade, but an upgrade in everything else (physicallity, compete level, character). I prefer him to Kessel.
    Lucic--Savard--Wheeler

Recchi--Bergeron--Kobasew

Sturm--Krejci--Ryder

Thornton--Begin--Bitz--Sobotka

Chara--Morris

Ference--Wideman

Stuart--Hunwick--Boychuk
    Thomas--Rask
    Better than last year? Yup.

Sections
Shortcuts