Claude "The Gerbil" Julien must go

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

Re: Claude "The Gerbil" Julien must go

In Response to Re: Claude "The Gerbil" Julien must go:
    [QUOTE]I don't think the coach or the coaching staff is the problem. I think the problem is the leadership in the room - and the two responsible there are Chara and Savard. Chara doesn't impose himself enough in the room, and Savard imposes himself too much - and both lose some respect because of it. Therein lies the problem. With Savard gone, this will give Krejci, Bergeron and Lucic a bigger and more respected leadership role.
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]

You've got access to the Bruins locker room? Tell us more! You must have some great stories!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mebackagin. Show mebackagin's posts

after inserting whitefield in the lineup and putting paille on the 1st line he should be axed directly after the playoffs. Need a new coach Wheeler - Ryder- Thomas- and Sturm have to go!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Leadership should come from everyone that dons a Black and Gold sweater and not to be left to certain individuals even if they wear the " C" .. I have no proof that Chara doesn't impose himself in the room or not.. by all accounts I have read from some of the players they say that Chara is one of the best captains they have played for .. Krejci and Bergeron are no vocal leaders at least don't give that impression just by watching them on interviews.... they are good players that fit the mold of leading by example and would never say boo in front of teammates..It's not their style...  I think the silent leader in the room has been Mark Recchi but even he couldn't muster the troops ... Its about total team committment and its about a coach willing to instill a never say die attitude in his team.. Thats not Julien... The worst move the Bruins ever did was let Laviollete leave the organization..This guy would have won a Cup with the Bruins already..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gardensupportor. Show Gardensupportor's posts

Claude is a good regular season coach, he has his "team structure" which can pile up the points in the regular season and get you to the playoffs but his formula is obviously not translating in the playoffs.

Lets face it he is 0-3 in Game 7's since being here, his only brief playoff success came against Boston in 04 but thats not saying much since everyone has success against us.

I don't see Julien being the future for this team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southernsox. Show southernsox's posts

Claude "The Gerbil" Julien must go

It starts with coaching and leadership, he has to go after this collosal collapse.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Well it has taken me about 4 days to get over this "CHOKE" job by our beloved team.. This will go down in history as we will be talking about it for years to come..unfortunately..

I was hoping at this morning's exit press conference that Claude would be relieved of his duties ..The Bruins need a new voice and most importantly new leadership behind the bench.. A total overhaul of the staff is in order...This guy does not instill the passion , committment , to rally his troops to do battle as was clearly evident in the last 4 games of this series.. They folded their tents in Game 5 .. offered mild resistant in Game 6 and well, we know how Game 7 turned out..

He was taken to the woodshed in all facets of the game by Laviollete.. no question about it.. He basically threw Thomas away like a piece of trash and paid dearly for it.. To not have the awareness that his young goalie who was going thru his FIRST  long playoff run would run out of gas emotionally and physically was as bad  a failure that any coach can bestow on his team..  Yet, Claude wanted no part of TT for whatever reason and who in my estimation would have willed his team to one more victory in the last 4 games.. He is a battler, he is a Vezina trophy winner and he hates to lose..  Rask gave up  22 goals against, no matter how you slice it and never once "STOLE" a game for his team and that will win you zero series...It is just not acceptable... A change was needed in goal after Game 4...Rask was weak on a number of goals in that game and the Bruins scored enough to win that game..You want to give your team an opportunity to win a series and Claude did nothing to change the direction or give his team some confidence to enable his team to regain momentum in this series.. we all saw it slipping away so easily.. Too bad Claude never did..

He needs to go..and fast...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

You are forgetting who owns this team. This upcoming season is the first year of Julien's shiny new contract extension.
    I don't envision Jacobs paying Claude to NOT coach the bruins for the next 3 or 4 years.
    Even if Chiarelli had the balls to ask Jacobs for permission to fire Julien, you know Jacobson would insist on hiring someone cheap (insert name of any ex-bruin player you prefer) as the new coach.
    We all know how well those work out.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

I don't think the coach or the coaching staff is the problem. I think the problem is the leadership in the room - and the two responsible there are Chara and Savard.

Chara doesn't impose himself enough in the room, and Savard imposes himself too much - and both lose some respect because of it. Therein lies the problem.

With Savard gone, this will give Krejci, Bergeron and Lucic a bigger and more respected leadership role.