Claude Julien hired - TSN confirms

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from zippythechimp. Show zippythechimp's posts

Lou is a no-nonsense guy. He rules with an iron hand. Robbie ftorek was fired because of a disagreement with Lou even though the team had a good record. He makes Harry Sinden look like a push over when he ran the bruins. Could Lou have had another disagreement with Julien and used the excuse that the team wasn't ready to win in the playoffs, even though the devils had a good record?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cjlang. Show cjlang's posts

Julien got a lot out of the Habs who were not a terribly talented bunch the year they knocked the B's out. There is no doubt he's fiery! He had his team seeing red over the McLaren hit, which he used to get his team flying, and they basically took over the series from there.

At least there will be some life behind the bench. Not sure what went on with Lamoriello, but he fires all his coaches late in the season so he can be the hero.

I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt.... what choice do we have. Whining and crying because we didn't bring nutjob Milbury back isn't gonna do any good. As far as toughness goes, I remember him discouraging the team from fighting one year, and Keith Crowder looked like a dope turtling. Cherry went on a rant against Milbury on his hockey show...... No, we don't need Mike back.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggz. Show biggz's posts

When the Bruins sign Jeremy Roenick, and Sergei Fedorov from NHL 96 (Sega Genesis)

Only then, will they be back in contention

F Ulf Samuelson

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggz. Show biggz's posts

What they really need is Zarley Zalapski patrolling the blue line, and quarterbacking the power play

www.legendsofhockey.net:8080/LegendsOfHockey/gallery/000075/000546236.jpg" />

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from imaslacker77. Show imaslacker77's posts

Honestly, who cares about the Bruins! The franchise is a joke. 16 coaches in 30 years and 0 cups. That says it all. I haven't bought a ticket since Bourque left and won't be anytime soon. The mark of a good franchise in any sport starts with ownership and JJ couldn't care less about the sport. So why should we??

F U JJ

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from capecodder11. Show capecodder11's posts

We're not going to win squat, until we are able to get good ownership. The "Jacobs" are cheap son's of b****** and have no class. They only look at the bottom line and don't give a rat's a** about this team. They took an original six franchise and made then a laughing- stock in one of the only great hockey cities left. Can anyone say pre- lockout player dumping? Let's hope we can get some good players in there and let Claude do the job he's brought in to do. Let's get back to the days when we were feared, rather than the team everyone wants to play to get in the win column. Hey Jacobs family....YOU SUCK!

Cape- Codder

Boynton Beach, FL

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ckphotodigital. Show ckphotodigital's posts

Who are the Bruins, some sports team?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

God forbid if they screw this up and Julien ends up in Ottawa.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from roberto678. Show roberto678's posts

jeremy and his son are a couple of ham-sleds

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggz. Show biggz's posts

not sure what a meat sled is, but if being one gets you into the NHL signe me up

also, you can't go wrong with Jagr, Mario, and Ronny Francis and those Pitt teams....

just filthy

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from drschnapps. Show drschnapps's posts

I heard Steve Heinz and Joe Juneau were coming back next season

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeye4. Show joeye4's posts

IT does not matter what the Bruins do. They have been a failure for over thirty years. Owners continue to produce mediocre products. When they leave the Bruins will start to get better.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonsportsfan1982. Show bostonsportsfan1982's posts

Do you really want to watch the same style of play that the Devils played last year, I don't. I thought I was bored with Lewis' style, I think I will be bored even more with this. It seams Chiarelli is trying to bring too much of a defensive trap system to Bruins but he should realize with the people he has that this team should be geared for a more offensive style. I hope Julien realizes this

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from walnutpony65. Show walnutpony65's posts

what possibly can make one think this coach will bring the bruins to the promise land? the problem is more than coaching, the problem is that the bruins franchise is one of the worst in sports and has no credibility in pro hockey. their situation is disheartening and there is no light at the end of the tunnel. the only thing that can stimulate a positive change is new ownership. the fish rots from the head. i wonder if mr. kraft likes hockey?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeye4. Show joeye4's posts

I agree but my patience is gone. I felt duped the last couple of years. Show me progress and I will be more supportive. The lack of intensity and toughness is pathetic. Show me you want it and I will be happy to get on board.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from uncool926. Show uncool926's posts

Amen, brother!

All conversation about this subject should begin with the owners who make all the "major" decisions (and all the concession money).They know nothing about putting together and keeping a true championship team. They issue funny quotes like "we feel we have what it takes to make a competitive team." In this case "competitive" means just showing up and drawing people in the seats, not being a winner. If you find fault with their lack of insight or ability to inspire and reward adequately you get a chance to go play with a real team. Just ask Adam Oates, Byron Dafoe, Kyle McLaren and Jumbo Joe for starters.

This past week I heard baby Jacobs say something like it will be an "entertaining" team...

"Entertaining?" Like the Charleston Chiefs? Gimme a huge break.

Mike Illich once offered Sergei Federov a $10 Million bonus if the Wings won the cup.

Guess what happened...

FACE IT--WE HAD TO LET RAY BOURQUE GO SO HE COULD WIN A STANLEY CUP...FINALLY!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxpatsceltsbs. Show soxpatsceltsbs's posts

Oh great!! Julien preaches the neutral zone trap. Adding more boredoom to an already boring team. Three coaches in one year!?!? It's obvious the front office has no idea and direction. Bruin fans please stop going to the games so maybe Jacobs will FINALLY get a clue!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeye4. Show joeye4's posts

You are right on target. We all would have to be stupid to get excited. The last two years my son, who lives now in New York would ask me how the Bruins look. I used to take him to games every year or so and really enjoyed it due to the way they played and especially the intensity...ie O'Reilly et al. Last year I said I think they may really be getting better prior to the season. What a disappointment. The bozos in the organization who think winkie hockey is the way to go are so far off that they have no chance if they dont get some toughness onto this team. Quality players surrounded by a couple of crash and fight guys is how you win. Forget the ice capades, it does not work. Again, they need to prove they are worthy of Bruins fans. No more getting excited until they clearly establish they are going in the right direction!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from money273. Show money273's posts

I bet season tickets sales are THROUGH THE ROOF with this important news.....lmao.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from its82degrees. Show its82degrees's posts

THANX GOD FOR ALL THE GREAT COLLEGE HOCKEY GAMES AROUND ALL OF NEW ENGLAND,BRUINS HOCKEY DIED WHEN MIKE MILLBURY WAS TOLD TO TELL HIS PLAYERS TO STOP HITTING SO MUCH AND STAY OUT OF THE PENALTY BOX.....REMEMBER??

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve82953. Show steve82953's posts

Does anyone know what the problem was with Julien in NJ? It seems ludicrous to me that a) the team would fire him when he'd coached them to a winning record and a place in the playoffs; and b) that the Bruins would HIRE a guy who'd been let go under those circumstances.

One other thing: The Bruins are now the banana republic of pro sports. Used to be this was the Patriots' main claim to fame, but now the Bruins have taken over. Pick a f****** coach and stick with him!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rlsrd. Show rlsrd's posts

The Bruins are always looking for a scapegoat. They shipped allof here good players out of town and they became stars for others. Mariz chesercowsky, Sami paulson, Jumbo Joe, Kyle McLaren, need I go on. They blamed poor Blane Lacher when he was in reality a shooting gallery duck - no defense in front of him, Blamed Byron Defoe. Got rid of numerous coaches and thry're still pitiful.

Then they bring in Charelli and he blows his first coaching appointment. Then comes in wiith this guy. I think he should start out revamping his scouting infrastucture and go from there. But first he has to fire JJ and his son. There the reason the bruins got into this mess.

Then lets fire the commisioner any idiot that would make a deal so you hjhave to have the outsdoor network to see hocket games has got to be an idiot.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from taxationwithoutrepresentation. Show taxationwithoutrepresentation's posts

A dead organization in an almost dead sport.

No one cares.

The owner has no idea what the sport is about and does not know how to hire the right people. Chirelli is terrible. His decision process has been terrible. Those he hires are going to be based on terrible decisions, and therefore will be the wrong people.

Bad move hiring this guy, too. Fired from two first place teams? Hidden baggage.

Pat Burns would have been the best move.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from lukin. Show lukin's posts

"They shipped allof here good players out of town and they became stars for others. Mariz chesercowsky, Sami paulson, Jumbo Joe, Kyle McLaren, need I go on."

That'd quite a list of "stars". The only star on there is Joe. McLaren was a good player here and is a good player in SJ, but by no means is he a star. As for Czerkowsky, again a good player with some offensive talent, but not a star. Paulson, thats just flat out funny. The one that irritates me the most is Knuble, although now without Joe he would be a large, slow offensively challenged forward. Had they retained him Joe would not have been traded, and they would have had a mush better team. They made up one solid first line.

The biggest problem with the B's is drafting and player development. Joe was their last great draft choice (#1 overall I think). Sammy was fun to watch but was never star quality. Since then they have drafted one exciting player in Kessell. Other than that there have a bunch of good players (and some not so good), but nothing to show for it. This new coach will be ok. I personally think that with all the y'guns up here from Providence that Scott Gordon (who has been successful with Prov) was a better choice. Oh well.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from allmma. Show allmma's posts

Dead a** team.

Growing up, I learned hockey from three people: My Dad, Cam Neely, and Ray Bourque.

I learned that if you played hard nosed hockey, played your position, and played with intensity, you could make the playoffs and do some damage.

I also learned that for several seasons in the late 80s and early 90s, heartbreakingly, that the B's were the second best team in the NHL.

The only thing I wanted as a kid was to see a Bruins game at the Garden. I asked for tickets every Christmas and birthday, but they weren't available, couldn't be had for a king's ransom.

Today, I'd be hard pressed to raise a son as a Bruins fan. You want passion, grit, intensity, and winning spirit? Watch Hockey East. What MIAA HS Hockey. For God's sake, walk into any rink in MA and watch the mighty-mites.

The Bruins are a distant fourth team in this town. The Sox and Pats dominate year round as news stories. The Pats weren't even on TV when I was growing up because of all the blackouts. Just goes to show what no plan, no effort, and no desire gets you.

Don't go to the Shawmut/Fleet/Bank of America/TD Banknorth Garden folks. It's not getting us any where.

Ineptitude. It's called Bruins.

Hey, at least the new Unis are nice!