Clear some Cap space 21.5 million worth

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nashoba33. Show Nashoba33's posts

Re: Clear some Cap space 21.5 million worth

In Response to Clear some Cap space 21.5 million worth:
    Chara      7.5   Does not bring it when it counts zero shots in game 5 looks slow not worth the money.   Thomas   6.0    Tuukka time sorry TT lots of teams looking for help.  Wideman  4.0    Tied for first in D scoring, lets move him now and hopefully we some sucker steps up to the plate. Ryder      4.0     Change of scenary someone comeback that that needs the same.    Hall or Seguin along with Krejci, Lucic, Bergy, Savvy, Stuart , Boychuk, and Rask. This team will be set for a long long time. In 2 years this team will be the Blackhawks of the East. Let's face it this team was lucky to be up 3 games against Philly. In a way losing to Philly will finally push the management to get rid some of the underachievers. Montreal did it last year and look at them this year.
    Posted by mitchco98
    The blackhawks with a goalie. even better

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

HUNWICK should be going before Wideman, at least Wideman played well in the playoffs.

And where's STURM?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Wideman and Ryder need to go. The old addition by subtraction probably at work there. Change of scenery, wake-up call, whatever it is, it doesn't seem like it will happen here.

Thomas will be very valuable to someone. I'd LOVE to have a player like him on the bench, but not at that money. Bad contract, but maybe they can salvage something.

I don't agree about Chara. I think he's very solid. He's huge, so people want him to be a lot tougher, and he's not. He's on the slower side...again, he's HUGE. He did kind of fold as the pressure rose, but he was still solid on the back end, even if offering nothing on offense. He plays 30+ minutes a game, and kills the HELL out of PPs. Big number, but I like him as one of the few veteran leaders for this tea, Remeber who the only people were to try and stand up to PITT...Thornton and Chara.

I just hope they get Hall, they are plenty deep already at C, and if Seguin is the guy, they likely have to trade someone.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

In Response to Re: Clear some Cap space 21.5 million worth:
    Wideman and Ryder need to go. The old addition by subtraction probably at work there. Change of scenery, wake-up call, whatever it is, it doesn't seem like it will happen here. Thomas will be very valuable to someone. I'd LOVE to have a player like him on the bench, but not at that money. Bad contract, but maybe they can salvage something. I don't agree about Chara. I think he's very solid. He's huge, so people want him to be a lot tougher, and he's not. He's on the slower side...again, he's HUGE. He did kind of fold as the pressure rose, but he was still solid on the back end, even if offering nothing on offense. He plays 30+ minutes a game, and kills the HELL out of PPs. Big number, but I like him as one of the few veteran leaders for this tea, Remeber who the only people were to try and stand up to PITT...Thornton and Chara. I just hope they get Hall, they are plenty deep already at C, and if Seguin is the guy, they likely have to trade someone.
    Posted by ma6dragon9

Not necessarily.  They could always have Seguin play wing.  Center is obviously the Bruins' deepest position, but they shouldn't make the posistion worse by trading Savard, Krejci, Bergeron, or Sobotka.  Move Seguin to wing.

But I agree with pretty much everything else you said, including Chara.  I'd hate to see Wideman go, because he was the Bruins 2nd best player in the playoffs (behind Krejci).  I guess his trade value is at its highest, so if they could get a talented forward... 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

im hoping they go the youth route from season opener on....they have a great young core of forwards with krecji,lucic,bergeron,sobotka & yes even wheeler....add colbourne,marchand,sauve,caron & hall or seguin  with savard & sturm as verteren pressence the group could be a fast,explosive unit learning the game at the nhl level as they go,feeding off each other....defensively is alittle thin youth wise but chara & boychuk are a top end front pair....why they signed ference so quick surprised me,i think i would of invested in seidenberg first....they have to find 4 top end dman to compare with philly....but of course this is all for not if julien is still around as him & youth dont go hand in hand....he rather have that old reliable vet,defensively strong...so here we be 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from everyname. Show everyname's posts

In Response to Clear some Cap space 21.5 million worth:
    Chara      7.5   Does not bring it when it counts zero shots in game 5 looks slow not worth the money.   Thomas   6.0    Tuukka time sorry TT lots of teams looking for help.  Wideman  4.0    Tied for first in D scoring, lets move him now and hopefully we some sucker steps up to the plate. Ryder      4.0     Change of scenary someone comeback that that needs the same.    Hall or Seguin along with Krejci, Lucic, Bergy, Savvy, Stuart , Boychuk, and Rask. This team will be set for a long long time. In 2 years this team will be the Blackhawks of the East. Let's face it this team was lucky to be up 3 games against Philly. In a way losing to Philly will finally push the management to get rid some of the underachievers. Montreal did it last year and look at them this year.
    Posted by mitchco98

I have to disagree with the first 3.  Chara has more value than you could ever imagine (just ask the people of Ottawa who still cry about him being gone). 

Ryder, maybe should go.  He'd be worth it if he was more consistent.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

In Response to Clear some Cap space 21.5 million worth : I have to disagree with the first 3.  Chara has more value than you could ever imagine (just ask the people of Ottawa who still cry about him being gone).  Ryder, maybe should go.  He'd be worth it if he was more consistent.
    Posted by everyname

Yeah, but he isn't consistent.  Ryder was like that in Montreal.  If you can find a team that will take him, then you need to trade Ryder.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

KEEP Chara- any team would love to have him.  Not pleasing to message board GM's because he is not flashy and doesn't score goals.  He is a MONSTER on D and a top talent in the NHL.

Clear Sturm, Ryder, Wheeler, TT.  This will give the team plenty of space to wheel and deal

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBRUINS. Show StanleyCuptotheBRUINS's posts

Posted by stingerjp[/QUOTE]

Hey Moron you clear Wheeler and I clear your face ,...he is the type of player that all GMs in the NHL would love to have 23 years old 6"5 215lbs talented strong greatsense of hockey ...(check his highlights on youtube) ...what a bunch of Morons you are ...there are 4 untouchable on this team Lucic-Wheel-Krejci-Boychuck

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Posted by stingerjp
    Hey Moron you clear Wheeler and I clear your face ,...he is the type of player that all GMs in the NHL would love to have 23 years old 6"5 215lbs talented strong greatsense of hockey ...(check his highlights on youtube) ...what a bunch of Morons you are ...there are 4 untouchable on this team Lucic-Wheel-Krejci-Boychuck
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBRUINS[/QUOTE]

Dude, calm.  Just calm.  Your love affair with Wheeler is getting too serious.  Potential - yes. 
    Time to give up on him - no. 
    Is he a sure thing - no.
    Krecji has demonstrated he can play in this league and has shown signs of improvement.
    Wheeler has not improved since last year, he's put on more muscle so maybe he's getting used to that.
    I sure hope he gets it together, but it is not a sure thing yet.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

Posted by stingerjp
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBRUINS[/QUOTE]

1st of all, you need to calm down, everyone is entitled to their own opinions.  You probably don't want to here this, but stinger is right.  Wheeler is not strong, and it's about time you realize this.  He also is not a pure goal scorer, which doesn't make things any better.  And you said he had a "great sense of hockey"?  That probably explains why he has such poor communication with his linemates, resulting in lost odd-man oppurtunities.  He has had 1 good year, so let's not make him out to be the next Cam Neely.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

....why they signed ference so quick surprised me,i think i would of invested in seidenberg first....Posted by pucman

Its easier to trade a player who is under a reasonable cap freindly contract than it is without.
    Me thinks PC was looking at this possibility and I hope I am right .I hope he deals him away, and sorry guys, Hunwick also.these 2 are just not a good fit.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tremha. Show tremha's posts

I would trade Chara.  

While he can dominate defensively with his size, i dont think you get the same at both ends from him that you should for the $$$ he is getting.  

I would re-sign Seidenberg for sure.  

I would not re-sign but paille.  

Sobotka needs to be more responsible defensively.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wolfwood. Show wolfwood's posts

sturm is in injury exemption so atm  he does not count against the cap

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

KEEP Chara- any team would love to have him.  Not pleasing to message board GM's because he is not flashy and doesn't score goals.  He is a MONSTER on D and a top talent in the NHL. Clear Sturm, Ryder, Wheeler, TT.  This will give the team plenty of space to wheel and deal
    Posted by stingerjp

How do you clear those guys?

Sturm is going to make 3.5 million next year and then be a UFA. He'll be 32 when the season starts. He's coming off another injury. Trade Desireablity Rating: LOW

Ryder will make 4 million next year and then be a UFA. He will turn 31 next season. He's an enigmatic player that looks great one night and terrible the next 3. He's coming off a disappointing season. Trade Desireability Rating: NIL

Wheeler is a Restricted Free Agent as of July 1, 2010. He only made 875,000 for last season, and will be 24 when the season starts. Trade Desireability Rating: NIL, unless a contract agreement is in place.

Tim Thomas will make 5 million dollars next season, as well as in 2012 and 2013. He is 36 years old. He's coming off a season where he played well for the most part--a .915 save % and a GAA of 2.56. That said, he lost his job to a younger goaltender with more potential in Tukka Rask. While teams need goaltending help, Thomas age, insane contract (both pay and length) and limited success in the postseason will make a deal more difficult. Trade Desireability Rating: Low (but you never know; the Habs gambled on Scott Gomez and his crazy deal, so someone out there may take TT).

All in all, I think you're going to have a hard time clearing cap room when it comes to these 4 players.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from fastfive. Show fastfive's posts

FOR WHAT BRUINS FANS PAY TO SIT,EAT AND DRINK AT THE GARDEN,THE TEAM SHOULD PERFORM !PERIOD .

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Begin is gone his experiment is over Sobotka will be signed for 1 year to do the what Begin couldn't do this year Vlad is ready. Wideman is not going anywhere PC shopped him last winter to no avail he is back in my good graces for now.

Ryder wil need to have a draft pick with him to dump him probably a 2nd. If PC can't dump him then he needs to be passed through waivers. Sturm will be on LTIR until that time his cap hit will be half his salary so there will be some relief.

TT is gone and there will be plenty of suitors St. Louis, Detroit, Wash., Philly or San Jose (When Nabokov lets them down again). Chara is not going anywhere and will get extended along with Bergy this summer both should not expect raises.

PC should will be able to get Siedenberg, Stuart, McQuaid and Manchuk signed but it looks like Hunwick will be the odd man out traded with TT on draft day.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

Anyone who doesn't understand how good a hockey player Chara is just flat-out doesn't understand hockey.

Any team would KILL to have Zdeno Chara on their blue line. We are, as Bruins fans, extraordinarly lucky to have him.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DarrenRyan9. Show DarrenRyan9's posts

I agree...people are nuts to think he isnt a great player

if they put him on waivers for 7.5 million 29 teams would put a claim on him...i guarentee it

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

From Twitter@NaokoFunayama

"Seidenberg believes his agent is in talks with the Bruins, would like to return to Boston, would ideally like a longer deal."

From Twitter@NaokoFunayama

"Boychuk, Paille, Stuart say they have not engaged in talks yet with the Bruins about re-signing, but all want to return to Boston very much."

These players know that when healthy Boston can play with any team in the league!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

From Twitter@NaokoFunayama   "Seidenberg believes his agent is in talks with the Bruins, would like to return to Boston, would ideally like a longer deal." From Twitter@NaokoFunayama   "Boychuk, Paille, Stuart say they have not engaged in talks yet with the Bruins about re-signing, but all want to return to Boston very much." These players know that when healthy Boston can play with any team in the league!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Of course they do. LMAO at the poster who claimed "no free agents are going to want to play for the Bruins!"

Thanks for the info. Nice to see. :-)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Wheeler could actually be available for les (his cap hit was 2.85m due to bonuses clauses.. ) Has proven to be no where near worth that, and again not strong enough to make it though a full NHL season.  He had a bonus for 285k for instance that kicked in at 20 goals, he had 17 goals with 14 games to play, went 11 games with out putting up a point..

I do still think though signed or unsigned he is an attractive player to alot of teams, even if its just trading his rights, as I am sure many teams think he would perform better under a different coach, or different enviornment.. He is talented, but those mentioning his size, he doesnt play a big game so his size really doesnt offer much in that department..

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Marc Savard should be the cap space that is cleared!  I would love to see Peter trade Savard to Anaheim for a sign and trade of Bobby Ryan!