Clearing waivers, how does it work - Sabourin will have to clear waivers.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Clearing waivers, how does it work - Sabourin will have to clear waivers.

How does it work with all the different possibilities?  If no one takes him, then the Bruins own him, I'm sure of that part.  Is that not clearing waivers or clearing waivers?

If someone else picks him up, how does that part work?  Is there any way the Bruins can still retain him?  And what effect would that have on the Bruins cap space?  I would think his salary should be taken off, right?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pezell04x. Show Pezell04x's posts

Re: Clearing waivers, how does it work - Sabourin will have to clear waivers.

If he has a 1-way contract, he has to clear waivers.

Basically, every team has a chance to grab him before he heads down to the minors. If a team grabs him, he is no longer of Boston's property and thus they don't have to pay him.

If he isn't grabbed by another team, he has cleared waivers and will play in the minors.

Waivers, I believe, begin the day before the season starts, so they could designated him down now and wouldn't have to go through the waiver process.

If it's a 2-way contract, then there is no waiver process.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pissttt. Show pissttt's posts

...PUT HIM ON WAIVERS, IF ANYONE CLAIMS HIM I,LL DRIVE HIM TO THE AIRPORT.........

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

He is pretty terrible, so it wouldnt be a big loss

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwnset22. Show dwnset22's posts

In Response to Clearing waivers, how does it work - Sabourin will have to clear waivers.:
    [QUOTE]How does it work with all the different possibilities?  If no one takes him, then the Bruins own him, I'm sure of that part.  Is that not clearing waivers or clearing waivers? If someone else picks him up, how does that part work?  Is there any way the Bruins can still retain him?  And what effect would that have on the Bruins cap space?  I would think his salary should be taken off, right?
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

If he clears waivers before going to the minors, his salary is clear, also initially when placed on waivers he is claimed the other team is responsible for his salary and it comes off our books. If he does clear and go to the minors and is recalled he will go through waivers again and if he is claimed on reentry then the bruins will have to pay a portion of his salary, which is why most low level players only get claimed on re entry not when they ar ebeing sent down.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pezell04x. Show Pezell04x's posts

In Response to Re: Clearing waivers, how does it work - Sabourin will have to clear waivers.:
    [QUOTE]...PUT HIM ON WAIVERS, IF ANYONE CLAIMS HIM I,LL DRIVE HIM TO THE AIRPORT.........
    Posted by pissttt[/QUOTE]

and I'll buy him coffee on the way there! haha

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

In Response to Re: Clearing waivers, how does it work - Sabourin will have to clear waivers.:
    [QUOTE]...PUT HIM ON WAIVERS, IF ANYONE CLAIMS HIM I,LL DRIVE HIM TO THE AIRPORT.........
    Posted by pissttt[/QUOTE]

i'm not high on him either but was kessel the only player on the bruins you actually liked?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2010. Show StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2010's posts

Dont worry no team will claim Sabourin ...he was signed to play with Providence since Rask will play with the B's ....

I wouldnt be surprised to see Rask becoming no.1 before the end of the season ...so the B's need a few goaltenders in the system so if ever they feel comfortable enough with Rask they could potentialy trade Thomas for a big forward or a big D ..remain to be seen

I heard from the Mtl newspapers that Lethoten is looking very good on the ice ...anyone has seen him played ???

GO BRUINS ! ! !

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I can't find if he has a one or 2 way contract anywhere.  All my google searches come up with is one year 500k terms and conditions not released.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pissttt. Show pissttt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Clearing waivers, how does it work - Sabourin will have to clear waivers. : i'm not high on him either but was kessel the only player on the bruins you actually liked?..... no, i like all the players, i probably liked kessel the least, don,t like his all around game at all. but i don,t like the front office and ownership. exception being cam neely. and i don,t agree with you much but you do know your hockey
    Posted by dkrejci46[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

the problem is, i don't even know if you know your hockey, because you never tlak about hockey, you just talk about the past problems of ownership......dude, the franchise has turned over a new leaf, stop the pessimism and enjoy the season

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]the problem is, i don't even know if you know your hockey, because you never tlak about hockey, you just talk about the past problems of ownership......dude, the franchise has turned over a new leaf, stop the pessimism and enjoy the season
    Posted by dkrejci46[/QUOTE]

I was one of the biggest haters of all time, but even I must admit the organization has turned a new leaf.  It's become a friendly place for players, witness Ward to Carolina - where he lives and wants to retire.  They will go out of their way to benefit players, thus making Boston an attractive play for players. 

In the Sinden era, the dirty laundry got aired big time, remember nickel and diming Ray Bourque?  You must admit, there was little, argueably no dirty laundry airing during the Kessel thing.  It was only after some dirt came out, but we never heard numbers or who said what like we did in the Sinden days.

JJ deserves blame where it belongs, what he is doing to the NHL as chairman of the board of governers is helping to ruin hockey.  Go after him for that.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pissttt. Show pissttt's posts

[QUOTE]the problem is, i don't even know if you know your hockey, because you never tlak about hockey, you just talk about the past problems of ownership......dude, the franchise has turned over a new leaf, stop the pessimism and enjoy the season
    Posted by dkrejci46[/QUOTE]... i saw my first bruins game in person in 1964, my parents held 4 season tickets for 20 yrs which came to myself and brothers when weston adams jr. sold the team to jeremy jacobs in 1975. i played for matignon high in hockey 1973 to 75, i was a goaltender  my college career cut shot at northeastern u. with a broken leg and ankle which kept on the sidelines for almost 18 months. 2 of my uncles were N.H.L. scouts one with Vancouver, one with Chicago. my favorite sports team is, and will always be the Boston bruins. you can still catch me at 20 or more games thanks to generous brothers who still have there season tickets i do this not support jacobs but to support the team and the players i root for.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from IceGoalie3014. Show IceGoalie3014's posts

I don't see what the knock on Sabourin is.  He is basically a career AHLer with a potential to be a decent back-up on most teams.  I think the reason people are hating on him so much right now is because the less-informed have expecations the expectations that the entire roster should be an all-star at all times.  Sometimes, you have to put things in perspective, see the reality and not trash the guy.  If it's based on last night's performance, he still stopped 30 and you can't really judge in either direction because there wasn't any video feed.  The guy is going to start in Providence unless there is an injury in Boston.  Why knock a guy for trying to make the NHL club?  Sometimes I wonder how people acquire their hockey "knowledge."  Personally, I am VERY happy that the Bruins have goaltending depth like this and you all should be too.

Sections
Shortcuts