Colburne available now

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ocram. Show ocram's posts

Colburne available now

Denver loses 2-1 in the first round of the NCAA's, Colbourne scores the only Denver goal on the PP.

reportedly on boston.com he will sign soon, I say give him a shot on the big club and not providence, why not?  only 9 games left.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

Re: Colburne available now

Bring Colborne up and throw him in the mix.....excited to see this kid play...I watched 4 or 5 games of Denver's this year and he was dominant every time.

Yes I know there is a big difference between the NCAA and NHL.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

Just for the fun of it, I would like to see him on a line with Lucic and Bergeron.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Just like with Hamill, I don't think now's the time to be trying to give a rook his first shot at the NHL.  Now, if you send him to Prov. to play with Hamill and he puts up a few goals in his first few games and looks strong, maybe you get him in for the a game or two if the situation is right.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

Lucic-Bergy-Colborne.......if the kid can play, it sounds fun to me.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

I'm convinced the Bruins will never call up Hamill.  I understand the concern over experience vs. inexperience, but I say see what Colborne can do.  Give him 4th line time and see how he does.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

I think what really makes pulling him up so interesting is his power play scoring this season....21pts....11goals. Our power play su@ks.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

Some articles...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

Looking at Denver University's academic schedule, their Spring Quarter just started on March 22, and ends on June 1-3.

I'm not sure if Joe wants to finish his academic school year or not, but if he does, he won't be available until after June.

Therefore a Lucic-Bergeron-Colborne line (or whatever other line he may be on), may have to be put on hold. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

You guys are getting me all excited.  I agree with you guys though that it does not cost much to give it a try. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

I think the chances that PC gives this kid a call up is about 1%, given his track record and CJ interest in playing young guys.  

To me, I really don't understand the rational of not given this kid some NHL minutes at the end of a season. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

In Response to Re: Colburne available now:
    Just like with Hamill, I don't think now's the time to be trying to give a rook his first shot at the NHL.  Now, if you send him to Prov. to play with Hamill and he puts up a few goals in his first few games and looks strong, maybe you get him in for the a game or two if the situation is right.
    Posted by Bookboy007

The Bruins should not have called up Craig Janney either.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Probably true about Janney, but would Janney have succeeded without the lightning in a bottle chemistry with Neely and Joyce? 

While we're on the topic of prospects - Caron's Huskies put up 9 on Val-d'Or last night - Caron had 1-2-3, Sauve a goal.  Over in the OHL, Hutchinson, the goalie drafted in the 3rd on '08, just won 4 of 5 with a high 2's GAA with London.  He's on to round two.  Hall and Seguin?  As always, they're tied in scoring at 10 points, but Seguin's played his fifth game last night; Hall's played 4.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Love the updates on prospects guys,,Great Job keep them coming.
    Thankyou

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Julien will not be in favor. He hardly plays Marchand after seeing chemistry with Sabotka and Lucic

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyFan. Show BobbyFan's posts

Remember Craig Janney and Bobby Joyce?
    Huge playoff boost that year.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

Just for the hell of it, I would like to see him on a line with Lucic and Bergeron.
    Posted by NumbaFouwer

Ditto. That would be a your "Tank" line. Bergeron 6'2", Colb 6'5", Lucic 6'4".

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

I'm convinced the Bruins will never call up Hamill.  I understand the concern over experience vs. inexperience, but I say see what Colborne can do.  Give him 4th line time and see how he does.
    Posted by mannyortez3424

I agree. As soon as Sobotka went down i thought Hamill would actually get a shot. I guess they are not convinced that Zack is ready or maybe will never fit in here in Boston.

Colburne, however, is a very mature kid and has improved and grown into his frame. If Lucic stuck with the team out of Juniors then why can't Colburne, whose a pure skilled power-forward do the same? Obviously, it's a different situation but letting the kid get a sniff for about 5 games is not going to harm his confidence.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

He needs a few games in Providence first....now he is going to play with men not with kids.....if he does well after 3 or 4 games ....we could always give him a trial with the big team .we never know ...I know the BRUINS are going to win the Cup so maybe he is the one that will carry the team ....

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2010

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

In Response to Re: Colburne available now : I agree. As soon as Sobotka went down i thought Hamill would actually get a shot. I guess they are not convinced that Zack is ready or maybe will never fit in here in Boston. Colburne, however, is a very mature kid and has improved and grown into his frame. If Lucic stuck with the team out of Juniors then why can't Colburne, whose a pure skilled power-forward do the same? Obviously, it's a different situation but letting the kid get a sniff for about 5 games is not going to harm his confidence.
    Posted by xenimus

My thoughts exactly...it would also be nice to let him know what he is in for, something to help him prepare for next season.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

An interview taken a few months ago...

I like the kids responses....seems confident and well spoken.  I also like that he acknowledges the expectations and work that it takes to achieve them,

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

PC was also in attendance at Colborne's playoff game. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

I think the chances that PC gives this kid a call up is about 1%, given his track record and CJ interest in playing young guys.   To me, I really don't understand the rational of not given this kid some NHL minutes at the end of a season. 
    Posted by TuukkainNet

Because this organization believes in "EVALUATING"... Seriously, he cannot possibly do or be any worse than anyone we have now on the team. I posted this a while ago but i read an article from a Junior scout that said if Colburne would be in this year's draft he would be a top-3 pick. That's saying a lot considering it may be one of the biggest draft in the last 6 years. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

You know, it's easy to say that he can't be any worse based on how bad certain guys have been, but I'm not so sure.  All it takes is one blown defensive assignment that a vet wouldn't have blown and that costs the Bruins a goal, then a game, then the season for a kid's confidence to get rocked. He looks around the room, and if the faces he sees are saying f'n rook, it makes it pretty hard to show up the next year full of confidence. We've seen some pretty good young players look totally turned around - far more than we've seen go Janney-Joyce (and how much of that success was playing with that Neely kid?).  League-wide, I'm trying to remember the last time late season call-ups had that kind of impact and I'm drawing a bit of a blank.  We've talked about Bobby Ryan elsewhere, but that's from the A.

So - desperation move.  Practice him a few times and see if he has the strength to contribute on the PP.  If so, try it.  If not, P-town.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ed-PBruins-Fan. Show Ed-PBruins-Fan's posts

Send him to Providence.....they are God awful. Send Hamill back to juniors...he is too small. So easy to knock him around. Was at the PBs game last night.....man  they have god awful lately....what the hell is going on? Injuries ok but everyone at the same time??? At the Providence game last night I asked my girl friend last night, "is bad hockey better than no hockey?" Headscratcher it is!!! But anyway, send him to Providence first......look at Yannick Riendeau......sick numbers last year in Juniors.....1 AHL goal.....c'mon, the guy ain't Sindney Crosby.....give him a a year down here first.....please sign some better quality AHL guys next year.......what's the problem???