Cold hard facts about the 2010-2011 Bruins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DarrenRyan9. Show DarrenRyan9's posts

Cold hard facts about the 2010-2011 Bruins

Taylor Hall will be a Bruin next yr

It's obvious that Edmonton would be happy with either one of Sequin or Hall, and i believe Chiarelli realize that if Sequin falls to Boston, then he would have to make a tough decision and trade someone he doesn't want to move, so Chiarelli overpays and gets his scoring winger 

To Boston

#1 Pick - Taylor Hall

To Edmonton

#2 pick - Tyler Sequin
    Blake Wheeler
    Matthew Hunwick

One of Michael Ryder or Dennis Widemen will be gone

Widemen has value around the league, ive heard from a friend of mine that atleast 3 teams called for Widemen at the deadline, after this post season its obvious that his value went up even more, please dont say he has no value, doesnt make sence. Ryder on the other hand doesnt have much value IMO, i see him being bought out if anything, I know Boston fans cringe at this because we just got out of the Murray contract, but if we can buy him out and get Boychuk and maybe a Asham/Mayers/Eager type of player in here i would do it.

To Dallas

Dennis Wideman

To Boston

Fabian Brunnstrom
    Mid level Propect

Tim Thomas will be shopped but stays with the Bruins

Chiarelli will explore his options but finds no serious offers for Timmy, Rask will be the opening day starter next season and Timmy will get his fair share of starts to keep Rask fresh, If Rask plays well Timmy will be moved at the deadline, right around the expected return of Sturm

Bruins will win the devision with this lineup

Lucic   Savard   Hall
    Brunnstron  Krejci   Ryder
    Caron   Bergeron  Recchi
    Eager   Hamill   Thornton

Chara   Seindenberg
    Stuart  Boychuk
    Ference  Alexandrov / Mcquaid

Rask
    Thomas

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Cold hard facts about the 2010-2011 Bruins

Your Eager-Hamill-Thornton line will be a -450 before Halloween.

Dallas has plenty of cap room and very high hopes for Brunnstrom  They're not going to move him.

The difference between Hall and Seguin today isn't a 25 year old defenseman and a 23 year old winger.

Sturm should be back well before the deadline.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sparky1313. Show sparky1313's posts

The fact is PC holds the cards and will dictate what happens. The B's are close to a cup and need scoring and will take either player. Edmonton needs everything. PC will hold them over a barrel and say "this is all we are willing to give" and they have no other choice, either take a second rounder or Ryder for a salary dump or what ever, because Edmonton needs new faces and picks to rebiuld. On the other hand PC will take either player and be very happy if nothing happens. Odds are when Hall is up for a new contract and is not already a Bruin he will seek to become one, that's obvious from all that he has said and done with the #4 and Orr for an agent and trying to become a power forward. So maybe Seguin wold be a better choice in the long run for the B's.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

None of these are facts.  "Cold hard speculation" doesn't sound as good though, does it?

Fact: The Bruins have the #2 pick in the draft; 3 of the last 4 #2 picks stepped directly into the lineup. (Staal, Doughty, Hedman - the exception was vanRiemsdyk)

Fact: The Bruins have more of their own first and second round picks currently assigned to Providence than they've had at any time in recent history with Hamill, Colborne, and Caron (firsts) and Alexandrov and Sauve (seconds) under contract.  They didn't even have that many high picks in the AHL during the lockout.  Adam McQuaid could be included to extend the list - he's a 2nd rounder by Columbus.

Fact: ~$19.75M of the Bruins current cap hit for 2010-11 is assigned to four players in the last year of their deals before becoming UFAs.  That's more than 1/3rd of the total projected cap.

Fact: The only players to have "career years" for the Bruins in 2009-10 were rookies.  Every other player experienced a statistical downturn.

Fact: The Bruins have ~$18.5M committed to 5 defensemen with a former #1 pick and playoff #2 D yet to sign.  If they sign at roughly $3.5M, the Bruins will have $22M committed to seven defensemen with ~$1.4 being the lowest cap hit.

Fact: The Bruins will start the pre-season with as much as $14.5M committed to players who are currently injured and recovering from surgery (Sturm, Krejci, Thomas, Ference).  That number jumps to $22M if you include Chara's finger surgery.  It goes higher if you count Mark Stuart and Vlad Sobotka, who are currently without contracts.

Fact: In terms of cap hit, the Bruins have committed to ~$49M (7 forwards, 5 defensemen, 2 goals, two buy-outs), giving them roughly $9M to fill 5 F and 1 D (maybe 2 because Claude likes to have a guy in the press-box).

Fact: The #2 overall will have a cap hit of close to $4M leaving $5M for 5 players.

Fact: the Bruins have 4 picks in the first two rounds, including two second round picks.  The last three times the Bruins have had two second round picks, they've found at least one core player on the current roster (Bergeron and Marjamaki; Krejci and Karsums; Alexandrov and Lucic).  Two of those players made the lineup out of their first camps.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from captainbergeron. Show captainbergeron's posts

Cold hard fact Peter Chiarelli has stated publicly that he is happy with whatever player Edmonton doesn't pick.

Wideman will still be a bruin, because if you trade him you at least need a puck moving defenceman in return to replace him and you won't find a taker in this offseason.

Ryder I can see being bought out for some salary cap relief, but I hope PC can work around it, because I don't want 2.5 Million in buyout for another two years.

I agree TT will still be a bruin, but I disagree in him being shopped. Peter Chiarelli has the goal situation handled for two more years, when Rask's contract ends and TT NTC ends. At that time Rask will challenge for the undisputed #1 spot, but until then TT is your #1 splitting time about evenly with Rask.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobby774. Show bobby774's posts

Um where's the cold hard facts all I see are speculations!!

Its in bookboys post Good job bookboy getting the true cold hard facts!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

In Response to Re: Cold hard facts about the 2010-2011 Bruins:
       Cold hard fact Peter Chiarelli has stated publicly that he is happy with whatever player Edmonton doesn't pick.    Wideman will still be a bruin, because if you trade him you at least need a puck moving defenceman in return to replace him and you won't find a taker in this offseason.    Ryder I can see being bought out for some salary cap relief, but I hope PC can work around it, because I don't want 2.5 Million in buyout for another two years.    I agree TT will still be a bruin, but I disagree in him being shopped. Peter Chiarelli has the goal situation handled for two more years, when Rask's contract ends and TT NTC ends. At that time Rask will challenge for the undisputed #1 spot, but until then TT is your #1 splitting time about evenly with Rask.                     
    Posted by captainbergeron

Actually, if Ryder is bought out, we'll have somewhere around 2.5 in cap space.  That's not the cap hit, that's 1.333

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

I think there's a slight chance Chara could be traded.  If so, I would like to see what they can snag from Dallas.  Maybe:

To DAL: Zdeno Chara
    To BOS: James Neal, 1st in 2010 (11th Overall)

I think Chiarelli will feel around and see what he can get for Thomas (which isn't much) but will end up keeping him.  I think Ryder will be bought out or buried, and Wideman may not be back next year (he probably will be though).  Alexandrov will fight hard for the open D position.  They'll trade Hunwick so they can keep Boychuk and Stuart without having a total logjam, as on of Kampfer, Alexandrov, and Bartkowski will get that final D position.  After Hall's spectacular performance at the Memorial Cup, Tambellini will either take Hall or risk being run out of the country.  We'll end up with Seguin (perfectly fine, he's amazing) and he'll most likely start out as a winger with either Krejci or Bergeron, depending on how the lines shape up.  I also think there's a chance we sign a guy like David Clarkson.  Tough as nails with a bit of scoring touch.  IF all of that happens (some will, some won't), I think the lineup is:

Lucic - Savard - Neal
    Clarkson - Krejci - Seguin
    Sobotka - Bergeron - Recchi
    Marchand - Whitfield - Thornton
    Sturm (until he comes off IR)

Seidenberg - Boychuk
    Stuart - McQuaid
    Kampfer - Ference
    Bartkowski/Alexandrov

Rask
    Thomas

When Sturm comes off IR, he'll replace Sobotka on third line wing, Sobotka will replace Whitfield, and if it were me in charge, I'd then send Whitfield down and bringup either Caron or Colborne.  Most likely Caron, as Colborne may need a litle more seasoning.

Pure specualtion here, but that looks like a good enough lineup to compete next year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbking. Show paulbking's posts

Um where's the cold hard facts all I see are speculations!! Its in bookboys post Good job bookboy getting the true cold hard facts!!
    Posted by bobby774

i think ryders cap buyout # is 1.33 for 2010 then a credit of 1.33 for 2011 capgeek.com buyout calculator.says because the buyout is spread over two yrs.
    p.s. another good post bookboy i think from now on if there are ridiculous posters on here we should throw the book at em!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Seidenberg - Boychuk Stuart - McQuaid Kampfer - Ference Bartkowski/Alexandrov
    Posted by beantowngm15

That is one heck of an awful defense.

Boychuk has played a total of 69 NHL games.  Seidenberg has been a cast away for the majority of his career.

There is no way those guys could be the 1-2 on an NHL team.

Stuart-McQuaid?  McQuaid isn't even an NHL defenseman, let alone good enough to be relied upon to play 3-4 minutes.

Ference and someone with zero NHL experience at 5-6.

Unless you have Rask, Brodeur and half of a brick wall in front of your net, the B's will allow 15 goals a game.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbking. Show paulbking's posts

In Response to Re: Cold hard facts about the 2010-2011 Bruins : That is one heck of an awful defense. Boychuk has played a total of 69 NHL games.  Seidenberg has been a cast away for the majority of his career. There is no way those guys could be the 1-2 on an NHL team. Stuart-McQuaid?  McQuaid isn't even an NHL defenseman, let alone good enough to be relied upon to play 3-4 minutes. Ference and someone with zero NHL experience at 5-6. Unless you have Rask, Brodeur and half of a brick wall in front of your net, the B's will allow 15 goals a game.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

agree 100% if you put maquaid out with stuart or ference the puck would be in our end the entire time. im old school offensive guy with defensive guy makes a pairing
    chara boychuck
    siedenberg wideman
    ferrence hunwick-yikes plus to left handshots stuart?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from captainbergeron. Show captainbergeron's posts

In Response to Re: Cold hard facts about the 2010-2011 Bruins : Actually, if Ryder is bought out, we'll have somewhere around 2.5 in cap space.  That's not the cap hit, that's 1.333
    Posted by beantowngm15

Sorry, you're right. I rushed my math and forgot to divide it over two years, but none the less I don't want 1.333m on the cap when Glen Murray's just came off.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

That's the problem with these trade ideas. They think just because a guy had one decent playoff run, they are good enough to replace a top tier defenseman. Rarely works.

There is no question that the B's have to open up some CAP room, or they are stuck with the same team as last year, that couldn't score. They need scoring, grit ( aka "A Winner") , and a puck moving defenseman. Maybe there is some of each in the minors or from this draft, but that is wishful thinking.

How brave is PC in making changes? So far, he hasn't done much so I don't expect him to change his strips now.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

Such carping,whining,moaning,groaning,kvetching,gnihctib,criticizing,slamming,smearing,negativeity and and downright bitterness.The Bruins are a more than solid team with a plethora of very good young, and improving players,a core of veterans most notably Savard and Chara,plus two firsts and two seconds in a very deep draft.Yes it was tough to watch a 3-0 lead in the second round of the playoffs evaporate but you are buring your head in the sand if you fail to recognize that injuries were a major factor(and injuries aren't,as so many like to espouse,an alibi they are a reality)and that the flyers were a team getting healthy and were a very good to begin with.Were the B's inconsistent,did they show a lack of heart at times and were a couple players(like Rydar,Hunwick and,to a lesser extent,Wideman)playing below their respective abilities:Yes.But,again,given the injuries they suffered it wasn't a season that deserve the vitriolic deluge of damnation laid on on the players and front office.The entire Bruins organization,like all but one or two NHL teams,needs to be evaluated and problem areas addressed but they were not the unmitigated disaster the so many imply they were.Ease up guys. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

That phrase: "Cold, Hard facts".... I don't think it means what you think it does

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

NAS - want to revise the +/- on that Eager-Hamill-Thornton line assuming this was the D?  -650?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlackandGold24. Show BlackandGold24's posts

None of these are facts.  "Cold hard speculation" doesn't sound as good though, does it? Fact: The Bruins have the #2 pick in the draft; 3 of the last 4 #2 picks stepped directly into the lineup. (Staal, Doughty, Hedman - the exception was vanRiemsdyk) Fact: The Bruins have more of their own first and second round picks currently assigned to Providence than they've had at any time in recent history with Hamill, Colborne, and Caron (firsts) and Alexandrov and Sauve (seconds) under contract.  They didn't even have that many high picks in the AHL during the lockout.  Adam McQuaid could be included to extend the list - he's a 2nd rounder by Columbus. Fact: ~$19.75M of the Bruins current cap hit for 2010-11 is assigned to four players in the last year of their deals before becoming UFAs.  That's more than 1/3rd of the total projected cap. Fact: The only players to have "career years" for the Bruins in 2009-10 were rookies.  Every other player experienced a statistical downturn. Fact: The Bruins have ~$18.5M committed to 5 defensemen with a former #1 pick and playoff #2 D yet to sign.  If they sign at roughly $3.5M, the Bruins will have $22M committed to seven defensemen with ~$1.4 being the lowest cap hit. Fact: The Bruins will start the pre-season with as much as $14.5M committed to players who are currently injured and recovering from surgery (Sturm, Krejci, Thomas, Ference).  That number jumps to $22M if you include Chara's finger surgery.  It goes higher if you count Mark Stuart and Vlad Sobotka, who are currently without contracts. Fact: In terms of cap hit, the Bruins have committed to ~$49M (7 forwards, 5 defensemen, 2 goals, two buy-outs), giving them roughly $9M to fill 5 F and 1 D (maybe 2 because Claude likes to have a guy in the press-box). Fact: The #2 overall will have a cap hit of close to $4M leaving $5M for 5 players. Fact: the Bruins have 4 picks in the first two rounds, including two second round picks.  The last three times the Bruins have had two second round picks, they've found at least one core player on the current roster (Bergeron and Marjamaki; Krejci and Karsums; Alexandrov and Lucic).  Two of those players made the lineup out of their first camps.
    Posted by Bookboy007

Fact: The highest possible salary for a drafted rookie is $900,000. This is not the NFL

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Fact: Salary and Cap Hit are different things.  Cap Hit includes the total value of some very makeable bonuses for a rookie who will have every opportunity to hit them.  Total salary+bonuses offered to Tavares and Hedman this year - just under $4M.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Blackandgold, the highest base salary, but base and bonus allows a cap hit of 3.75m, which will be counted against the cap till the the player reaches a point that they can not reach certain incentives.  Wheeler earned 900k this year, and missed a bonus of 275k or something (20g), but carried a cap hit of 2.35m...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Sorry DarrenRyan9 but this would be one of the worst trade in NHL history ...I wouldnt even trade Wheeler one on one for Taylor Hall ....Wheeler is one of a rare kind...a big young talented power forward that all GM's in the NHL would love to have on their roster ...Wheeler with Lucic and Krejci are 3 untouchables with the BRUINS...oh LORD will you please stop talking about a trade involving one of top 3 future Superstar in this league

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

Sorry DarrenRyan9 but this would be one of the worst trade in NHL history ...I wouldnt even trade Wheeler one on one for Taylor Hall ....Wheeler is one of a rare kind...a big young talented power forward that all GM's in the NHL would love to have on their roster ...Wheeler with Lucic and Krejci are 3 untouchables with the BRUINS...oh LORD will you please stop talking about a trade involving one of top 3 future Superstar in this league
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011

Get over you Wheeler man-crush already, would you?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

Ok, i got something new for a lineup now.

Lucic - Savard - Neal
    Clarkson - Krejci - Seguin
    Sobotka - Bergeron - Recchi
    Marchand - Whitfield - Thornton
    Sturm (IR)

Gonchar - Seidenberg
    Boychuk - Stuart
    Kampfer - Ference
    Alexandrov/Bartkowski

Rask
    Thomas

Chara Trade:
    To DAL: Zdeno Chara
    To BOS: James Neal, 1st in 2010 (11th overall)

Chara is the kind of puck moving defenseman that Nieuwendyk covets.  The askign price should be high, but not insanely high.  James Neal is 22 years old, had 27 goals last year with practically 0 help, and is only going to get better.  Neal would have to be given up in almost any deal for a good D-Man like Chara or Kaberle.  With the 11th pick, we can take Jeff Skinner or Mark Pysyk and either let them play another year in juniors or have them sharpen their skills down in Providence for a year.

Clarkson Trade:
    TO NJD: Michael Ryder, 1st in 2010 (15th Overall)
    To BOS: Rights to David Clarkson

Ryder usually is killer when he's not the main offensive threat for defensemen to focus on.  Before he struggled in MTL, he had that and same here.  he'd be good shadowed by parise.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Stanley, your love for Wheeler really is over the top, I mean you have nothing to back it up even but what? instinct??  There isn't a single part of his game that is outstanding, that you could argue the rest of his game will develop around. (Lucic for instance has an outstanding phsyical game tie that with development of the rest of his game and he will improve) Krejci has good vision, and excellent puck control.
    You call him one of the leagues top players repeatedy.. The leagues top players tend to have immediate impacts.. I will give you large guys take longer to develop, but wheeler doesn't play a big mans game.. And he's not young all things considered he's 2 years younger then bergy, and 2 years older then krejci or lucic.. So what is making him one of the leagues top players, cause its not any single one of his skills, and it doesnt look like its going to be hard work or determination..

I see a player who is currently better then marco sturm with half the effort, so they balance out, and in that scenario I will take the guy who is working hard.. good speed, decent hand, shot is certainly not a strength, and at times looks scared to handle thepuck thus leading to rushed decisions and poor puck control.

I agree he has talent, and potential and an upside, but nothing to suggest he will even be top five, and nothing to suggest he would even be top 3 on the bruins.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Chara is the kind of puck moving defenseman that Nieuwendyk covets. 
    Posted by beantowngm15

What information could this possibly be based upon?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Ok, i got something new for a lineup now. Lucic - Savard - Neal Clarkson - Krejci - Seguin Sobotka - Bergeron - Recchi Marchand - Whitfield - Thornton Sturm (IR) Gonchar - Seidenberg Boychuk - Stuart Kampfer - Ference Alexandrov/Bartkowski Rask Thomas Chara Trade: To DAL: Zdeno Chara To BOS: James Neal, 1st in 2010 (11th overall) Chara is the kind of puck moving defenseman that Nieuwendyk covets.  The askign price should be high, but not insanely high.  James Neal is 22 years old, had 27 goals last year with practically 0 help, and is only going to get better.  Neal would have to be given up in almost any deal for a good D-Man like Chara or Kaberle.  With the 11th pick, we can take Jeff Skinner or Mark Pysyk and either let them play another year in juniors or have them sharpen their skills down in Providence for a year. Clarkson Trade: TO NJD: Michael Ryder, 1st in 2010 (15th Overall) To BOS: Rights to David Clarkson Ryder usually is killer when he's not the main offensive threat for defensemen to focus on.  Before he struggled in MTL, he had that and same here.  he'd be good shadowed by parise.
    Posted by beantowngm15

Wowweee wow wow, do you just pull nouns and phrases out of a hat and expect no one to notice?

"James Neal is 22 years old, had 27 goals last year with practically 0 help"

There is a guy on that team you might have heard of.  His name is Brad Richards.  He had 91 points last season.  Anohter fella you might recognize is Loui Eriksson, he of the 71 points last season.  They were Neal's linemates.  Is that "0 help"?

Beyond that, why would Dallas trade Neal?  Oh, that's right, because Chara is the type of player that Nieuwendyk covets.  This is clear, because in his only season as as GM, he traded for none of them.

On to Clarkson, very briefly:  You want to trade a potentially very high first round pick and a player for a player who needs a new contract and can't score 20 goals.

You very well may be a smart man or a smart kid or whatever, but these two ideas, which are filled with things you simply made up, are near the top of the dumbest ideas I have read here.

Sections
Shortcuts