Columbus rumor revised

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DarrenRyan9. Show DarrenRyan9's posts

Columbus rumor revised

clearly we are not trading Savard, and i think its rediculous that ESPN is even reporting it, just do some homework and anyone can figure it out......however i do think there is some validity to these two team working on a deal, Columbus and the Bruins seem to be a good match, what about doing something like this

To Columbus

15th pick
    Zack Hamill
    Marc Stuart

To Boston

4th pick

Most teams are going to ask for Wheeler, if thats what it take to get the pick then i would add him and take out both Hamill and Stuart

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from derrickmorin. Show derrickmorin's posts

Re: Columbus rumor revised

In Response to Columbus rumor revised:
    clearly we are not trading Savard, and i think its rediculous that ESPN is even reporting it, just do some homework and anyone can figure it out......however i do think there is some validity to these two team working on a deal, Columbus and the Bruins seem to be a good match, what about doing something like this To Columbus 15th pick Zack Hamill Marc Stuart To Boston 4th pick Most teams are going to ask for Wheeler, if thats what it take to get the pick then i would add him and take out both Hamill and Stuart
    Posted by DarrenRyan9

I don't think they'd even do it if you threw in Wheeler along with Hamill and Stuart.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

clearly we are not trading Savard, and i think its rediculous that ESPN is even reporting it, just do some homework and anyone can figure it out......however i do think there is some validity to these two team working on a deal, Columbus and the Bruins seem to be a good match, what about doing something like this To Columbus 15th pick Zack Hamill Marc Stuart To Boston 4th pick Most teams are going to ask for Wheeler, if thats what it take to get the pick then i would add him and take out both Hamill and Stuart
    Posted by DarrenRyan9

I'm not sure this offer is very far from offering the #15 for the #4, Hamill is a fringe prospect at the moment and Stuart is an unsigned #5 or #6 Dman.  If you put Colbourne in Hamill's place, and there choice of Hunwick (signed), Wideman (signed), Ference (signed), Stuart(RFA rights), I think your still talking about adding 1 or two more pieces to make this trade worthwhile for Columbus, Maybe 15th pick, Colbourne/Caron, the 32nd pick and Wheeler (RFA rights).  Still I think Columbus walks away from the offer.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

How about Ryder instead of Hamill?

It's the same pipe dream.

Oh wait.  I got a better one.  Why doesn't Columbus just give us the 4th pick outright?  Who says they have to trade for ANYBODY?  Find me the rule that we have to give them something back in return?

But seriously folks - Hamill as well as Ryder ARE NEGATIVES.  If I was Columbus, I'd rather get nothing than either of those 2 jokers.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

There apparently has been talk.....Wheeler..Savard...and the 15th

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

If there is even a shred of validity to this, it's because of a conversation that went like this:

Scott, what would it take for me to pry the 4th pick from you?

Well Peter, I'm not sure you have what I'm looking for, which is a centre for Nash, an established young NHLer, and a first round pick.

That sounds like a lot - how about 15, 32, and Wheeler if you can sign him?

Take out 32 and add Savard and we're in the ballpark.

I can't do that Scott.  I just signed him to a 7 year deal.

Well, then I'm afraid that's that.  Sorry Peter.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Regarding-that-Marc-Savard-to-the-Blue-Jackets-r?urn=nhl,249557&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Fact: Aaron Portzline, the plugged in beat writer for the Columbus Dispatch, tweeted today, "It's bunk. A total fabrication. Hasn't been discussed. Think no more of it." He sounds skeptical.

Puck Daddy's take and yes it would take allot to pry the #4 overall pick away.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Posted by DarrenRyan9

A middle of the round pick
    a crappy prospect
    an unsigned stay at home defenseman

For

#4 overall

Should be a lock!

If that's not enough, the B's will throw in an underachieving big body with questionable work ethic and heart...who is an RFA.

DEAL!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

#4 should be available for Wheeler, #45, and the rights to Stuart OR Boychuk. Hope they don't make that deal though. Some of the above posters are really under-valuing the B's assets, or over-valuing the 4.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from darrenryan. Show darrenryan's posts

REALLY????...haha

i thought it was a decent offer, Stuart is not just a 5th or 6th def, he brings leadership and a physicality that not many people have. Hamill might just need a shot, he is a gifted passer and might look great feeding Nash

but looking at the comments it seems everyone thinks i am way off so it must be me....ok how about this one

to Columbus

Blake Wheeler
    Brad Marchand
    Matt Hunwick
    15th overall

To Boston

4th overall
    Jared Boll

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

15th could bring in a great player, I think the Bruins should just hold onto their pics. we don't need to rebuild

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

In Response to Re: Columbus rumor revised:
    REALLY????...haha i thought it was a decent offer, Stuart is not just a 5th or 6th def, he brings leadership and a physicality that not many people have. Hamill might just need a shot, he is a gifted passer and might look great feeding Nash but looking at the comments it seems everyone thinks i am way off so it must be me....ok how about this one to Columbus Blake Wheeler Brad Marchand Matt Hunwick 15th overall To Boston 4th overall Jared Boll
    Posted by darrenryan

You're still not giving Columbus enough.  When your losing a guy and it doesn't heard you to think of them going you get an uninspiring player back.  When you package a bunch of these guys you may end up getting some value back.  However that value will not be worth 11 spots in the first round of a very highly touted draft.  Once again I think if you want to get the #4 without  giving up Savvy you start with #15, Caron or Colbourne, and Wheeler's RFA rights, and still you will need to add to that.  Options for sweetening include using TO's first rounder from next year, 32 and 45 this year, possibly even to the point where you would have to include Caron and Colbourne.  These are the assets that teams looking at the bruins will covet.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

REALLY????...haha i thought it was a decent offer, Stuart is not just a 5th or 6th def, he brings leadership and a physicality that not many people have. Hamill might just need a shot, he is a gifted passer and might look great feeding Nash but looking at the comments it seems everyone thinks i am way off so it must be me....ok how about this one to Columbus Blake Wheeler Brad Marchand Matt Hunwick 15th overall To Boston 4th overall Jared Boll
    Posted by darrenryan

I don't mean to rain on your parade, but come on.  Jared Boll?  It's the backup goaltender's job to man the defense gate.  What else could that complete goon bring to the team? 

Keep in mind that Columbus is looking for a #1 center to connect with Rick Nash.  If they're going to move that pick, there has to be one of the B's top centers in return.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

Posted by DarrenRyan9

The original deal with Savard involved makes the most sense. The whole point for Columbus to make this deal is to get better immediately & to find someone to play with Nash. Columbus & Howson have to make the playoffs hence trading the # 4 pick to get better right now. This way they get Savard & a young player who can also help now in Wheeler. Columbus would have absolutely no interest in your offer because it does not make them substantially better right now.

It makes sense for Boston to do it because they can open up a spot in the middle if they draft Seguin, they open up some desperately needed capspace & they trade there 3rd best center. Both Bergy & Krejci are more complete players right now & both are 10 years younger with Krejci having the potential to be the # 1 center & racking up 90 points with the additional icetime on the PP & getting better players around him by using the additional capspace. The Bs also get rid of that horrible 7 yr contract of Marc Savard. They get a stud Dman in the system (Gormley or Gudbrandson) which is desperately needed as there D prospects is very thin. 

How people still believe Marc Savard gave a "hometown discount" is beyond me. Savard was not going to get a 29 million dollar contract as a UFA. Definately wasn't going to get a 7 yr deal from anyone. The low caphit is a smokescreen that the Bs decided to do because it lowered the caphit but the thought of Savard taking up 4 million in capspace in 4 years is a scary though. Not alone in 7 yrs.

Also, with Neely taking over Savard maybe one of the ones Neely means when he says " Is there any fight in that dog." Lets not forget Savard's selfish penelties, his whining & diving & his unaccountability after game 7 for his too many men gaffe that he put on Sobotka. Pus his comments earlier in the year regarding how the team missed him & guys were playing out of position with him out. Not long after he received his new contract. Also, at the deadline his comments about how he hoped the Bruins should acquire someone to play with him. I am sure all those comments did not go over well in the room.

For those who feel it will hurt the Bruins image if they deal him so soon after signing him to a new contract. Well how about Atlanta giving Savard an opportunity with Kovalchuk & having him rack up the points & then when he became a UFA he bolted for the best offer in Boston on July 1st. It was a business then & it is a business now.

Hopefully Chia pulls this trade off because it makes sense for both teams. The only thing I don't understand is why Chia signed Savard to this new deal in the first place.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

For those who feel it will hurt the Bruins image if they deal (Savard) so soon after signing him to a new contract. Well how about Atlanta giving Savard an opportunity with Kovalchuk & having him rack up the points & then when he became a UFA he bolted for the best offer in Boston on July 1st. It was a business then & it is a business now. Hopefully Chia pulls this trade off because it makes sense for both teams. The only thing I don't understand is why Chia signed Savard to this new deal in the first place.
    Posted by Newfiebullet

Maybe this will put an end to the whole theory of "no one will every sign with the Bruins ever again if they xyz"?

Awesome point!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

For those of you who keep suggesting trades for say the 4th pick in the draft this year why would you include Colborne.   If he was in the Draft this year coming from College-- he would be in the top 5.  I saw 1 proposal with Hunwick, Colborne and the 15th for the 4th--- Just Plain STUPID!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

First: 7/23/2009
    Last: 6/18/2010
    Posted by darrenryan

You're still not giving Columbus enough.  When your losing a guy and it doesn't heard you to think of them going you get an uninspiring player back.  When you package a bunch of these guys you may end up getting some value back.  However that value will not be worth 11 spots in the first round of a very highly touted draft.  Once again I think if you want to get the #4 without  giving up Savvy you start with #15, Caron or Colbourne, and Wheeler's RFA rights, and still you will need to add to that.  Options for sweetening include using TO's first rounder from next year, 32 and 45 this year, possibly even to the point where you would have to include Caron and Colbourne.

SEE MY POST ABOVE--- Why dont we throw in more of our top prospects to get the 4th pick---- lol.  Come on guys--- use your heads before posting this nonsence.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

In Response to Columbus rumor revised : The original deal with Savard involved makes the most sense. The whole point for Columbus to make this deal is to get better immediately & to find someone to play with Nash. Columbus & Howson have to make the playoffs hence trading the # 4 pick to get better right now. This way they get Savard & a young player who can also help now in Wheeler. Columbus would have absolutely no interest in your offer because it does not make them substantially better right now. It makes sense for Boston to do it because they can open up a spot in the middle if they draft Seguin, they open up some desperately needed capspace & they trade there 3rd best center. Both Bergy & Krejci are more complete players right now & both are 10 years younger with Krejci having the potential to be the # 1 center & racking up 90 points with the additional icetime on the PP & getting better players around him by using the additional capspace. The Bs also get rid of that horrible 7 yr contract of Marc Savard. They get a stud Dman in the system (Gormley or Gudbrandson) which is desperately needed as there D prospects is very thin.  How people still believe Marc Savard gave a "hometown discount" is beyond me. Savard was not going to get a 29 million dollar contract as a UFA. Definately wasn't going to get a 7 yr deal from anyone. The low caphit is a smokescreen that the Bs decided to do because it lowered the caphit but the thought of Savard taking up 4 million in capspace in 4 years is a scary though. Not alone in 7 yrs. Also, with Neely taking over Savard maybe one of the ones Neely means when he says " Is there any fight in that dog." Lets not forget Savard's selfish penelties, his whining & diving & his unaccountability after game 7 for his too many men gaffe that he put on Sobotka. Pus his comments earlier in the year regarding how the team missed him & guys were playing out of position with him out. Not long after he received his new contract. Also, at the deadline his comments about how he hoped the Bruins should acquire someone to play with him. I am sure all those comments did not go over well in the room. For those who feel it will hurt the Bruins image if they deal him so soon after signing him to a new contract. Well how about Atlanta giving Savard an opportunity with Kovalchuk & having him rack up the points & then when he became a UFA he bolted for the best offer in Boston on July 1st. It was a business then & it is a business now. Hopefully Chia pulls this trade off because it makes sense for both teams. The only thing I don't understand is why Chia signed Savard to this new deal in the first place.
    Posted by Newfiebullet

I cannot disagree with your argument at all.  Nice read.  I am not sure Columbus would settle even for Wheeler and Savard.  Excluding the offers from other teams, Savard would fit nicely with Nash.  The number 4 pick trade or the like trade means the Bruins team is preparing for a resurgence in a couple years.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jessup07. Show jessup07's posts

why is this 4th overall pick soooooo valuable???  we could easily draft a better player at #15, i wouldnt trade savard straight up for the number 4, thats plain stupid unless he wanted out and was going to hold out and stuff.  we are talking about prospects here.  sure there has been alot of good ones over the last 5 years, but there is also lots of duds.  imagine people were saying the year of wheelers draft that they just HAD to draft up to #5?  really?  would you be willing to give savard and a 15th overall for him?  alot of people need a reality check here...savard is cap friendly and could easily go back to point per game next year, sheesh.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

Posted by DarrenRyan9

Actually, ESPN is not the only sports-outlet that has this rumor going. CBC, David Pagnotta (TheFourthPeriod), and Pierre Lebrun voiced similar trade rumors between Boston and Columbus. When multiple sources report the same thing it usually has some validity on the surface, but like all rumors, it's just that...a rumor.

"Clearly we are not trading Savard"?... That's a bit strong. With the draft being as deep as it is and trades being discussed amongst all NHL GM's, don't think that anyone is "untouchable". That includes Krejci, Bergeron, and Lucic as well. If you have the chance to obtain another top-5 pick in this draft do it. I would not mind another - Thorton / Samsonov situation. We got to great players that year. If it was not for that tragic wrist injury Samsonov (with his elite puck skills) would of become a 35g player.

Just think about the possibility of nabbing a franchise player in Hall or Seguin and a potential all-star defensemen in Gudbranson, Fowler, or Gormley. In addition, you free up cap-space for potential trades or to sign a free agent like Patrick Marlaeu (i rather pass). Or even explore extending Chara or Bergeron (if not traded). 

Savard is going to turn 33 in July, that means he probably has 2 really good years, 1 decent year, and possibly 2 "veteran" complimentary years left. If you can get value for Savard or any other players on this roster that's going to inject some talented youth then pull the trigger.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

Posted by darrenryan

Seriously, why do people ALWAYS think about whats good for the Bruins and not whats fair for the other team. 

That's a ludicrous offer from Columbus's perspective. An under-achiever (has the talent tho), 4th-line grinder/pest, and a 3rd-pair defensemen. That's an AWESOME deal! I'm pretty sure Columbus already faxed their #4-pick over to the Bruins on that one.

You have to give in order to get. I bet if the situation was reversed Bruins fans would want the whole world for the #4 pick. "Hey Columbus, we would want Nash+ your first rounder." ...Typical bias fans. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

why is this 4th overall pick soooooo valuable???  we could easily draft a better player at #15, i wouldnt trade savard straight up for the number 4, thats plain stupid unless he wanted out and was going to hold out and stuff.  we are talking about prospects here.  sure there has been alot of good ones over the last 5 years, but there is also lots of duds.  imagine people were saying the year of wheelers draft that they just HAD to draft up to #5?  really?  would you be willing to give savard and a 15th overall for him?  alot of people need a reality check here...savard is cap friendly and could easily go back to point per game next year, sheesh.
    Posted by jessup07

You're one of the few on here making sense. Good thing some of these other @$$clowns don't run the Bruins.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jontarbox. Show jontarbox's posts

In Response to Columbus rumor revised : Actually, ESPN is not the only sports-outlet that has this rumor going. CBC, David Pagnotta (TheFourthPeriod), and Pierre Lebrun voiced similar trade rumors between Boston and Columbus. When multiple sources report the same thing it usually has some validity on the surface, but like all rumors, it's just that...a rumor. "Clearly we are not trading Savard" ?... That's a bit strong. With the draft being as deep as it is and trades being discussed amongst all NHL GM's, don't think that anyone is "untouchable". That includes Krejci, Bergeron, and Lucic as well. If you have the chance to obtain another top-5 pick in this draft do it. I would not mind another - Thorton / Samsonov situation. We got to great players that year. If it was not for that tragic wrist injury Samsonov (with his elite puck skills) would of become a 35g player. Just think about the possibility of nabbing a franchise player in Hall or Seguin and a potential all-star defensemen in Gudbranson, Fowler, or Gormley. In addition, you free up cap-space for potential trades or to sign a free agent like Patrick Marlaeu (i rather pass). Or even explore extending Chara or Bergeron (if not traded).  Savard is going to turn 33 in July, that means he probably has 2 really good years, 1 decent year, and possibly 2 "veteran" complimentary years left. If you can get value for Savard or any other players on this roster that's going to inject some talented youth then pull the trigger.
    Posted by xenimus

Great Post...right now the Bruins are at about 50.35.mill. on the salary cap...the cap is 58.8 mil and they have 14players under contract....they need to sign 5 players plus  Seguin/Hall(900,000)..Trading Savard(plus whatever) for the 4(plus whatever)....give Columbus the center they need for Nash ....frees up some cap space(4mill) for the Bruins...and gives the B's a shot at Fowler,Gubranson,Gormley or ....my choice Connelly

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

Let's clear a few things up here.

Ference - untouchable, signed to a 3 year extension late in the year, hasn't started the first year of new deal yet.  Trading him = GM Suicide
    Lucic - Untouchable, signed to 4 year extension early in the season, yet to play a game under new deal.  Trading him = GM Suicide
    Savard - Untouchable, signed to a 7 year extension in the middle of the year, hasn't played at all under new deal.  Trading him = GM Suicide
    Rask - Untouchable, signed to 2 year extension early in the year, yet to play under new deal.  Trading him = GM Suicide
    Seidenberg - Untouchable, signed to a 4 year extension recently, hasn't played under new deal at all.  Trading him = GM Suicide
    Thornton - Untouchable, signed to a 2 year extension recently, hasn't played under new deal yet.  Trading him = GM Suicide

Furthermore, Savard sholdn't be put into a package for a high pick.  An unproven draft pick straight up for Savard is clearly lopsided towards who acquires Savard.  Savard signed a 7 year deal here.  To those of you who don't think he signed at a hometown discount, who cares.  He is still an elite playmaking center who shouldn't be traded because currently, he is what makes the offense go (when he's healthy of course).  Same with Ference.  I, like pretty much everyone else, think that Ference's contract is disgusting and should not have been signed.  Giving a guy a raise from 1.4 to 2.25 is absurd when he is hurt more than half of every season.  But, if we EVER want ANY veteran to sign a long term deal with us again, we can't trade Ference.  Trading him or Savard just screams out to all veterans looking for a ling term deal "Hey guys, come sig with us!  We'll probably trade you before the deal even takes effect, but who cares!" 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Let's clear a few things up here. Ference - untouchable, signed to a 3 year extension late in the year, hasn't started the first year of new deal yet.  Trading him = GM Suicide Lucic - Untouchable, signed to 4 year extension early in the season, yet to play a game under new deal.  Trading him = GM Suicide Savard - Untouchable, signed to a 7 year extension in the middle of the year, hasn't played at all under new deal.  Trading him = GM Suicide Rask - Untouchable, signed to 2 year extension early in the year, yet to play under new deal.  Trading him = GM Suicide Seidenberg - Untouchable, signed to a 4 year extension recently, hasn't played under new deal at all.  Trading him = GM Suicide Thornton - Untouchable, signed to a 2 year extension recently, hasn't played under new deal yet.  Trading him = GM Suicide Furthermore, Savard sholdn't be put into a package for a high pick.  An unproven draft pick straight up for Savard is clearly lopsided towards who acquires Savard.  Savard signed a 7 year deal here.  To those of you who don't think he signed at a hometown discount, who cares.  He is still an elite playmaking center who shouldn't be traded because currently, he is what makes the offense go (when he's healthy of course).  Same with Ference.  I, like pretty much everyone else, think that Ference's contract is disgusting and should not have been signed.  Giving a guy a raise from 1.4 to 2.25 is absurd when he is hurt more than half of every season.  But, if we EVER want ANY veteran to sign a long term deal with us again, we can't trade Ference.  Trading him or Savard just screams out to all veterans looking for a ling term deal "Hey guys, come sig with us!  We'll probably trade you before the deal even takes effect, but who cares!" 
    Posted by beantowngm15

The player that gets traded gets to keep his contract.  Being traded is a part of all sports.  Some players ask to be traded.  Some players demand to be traded.  Players know it's part of signing a contract.

The theory of "GM suicide" is incredibly stupid.  Unless, of course, you can point to a GM who made unpopular trades and the team suffered there after.

I've been talking hockey with tons of people in many different mediums for a couple of decades.  I have never experienced such worry over "they won't like us" than here on this discussion forum.

Get it out of your mind.  It's very unlikely that any of those trades happen anyway, but if there was a way to improve the team, Chiarelli isn't going to worry about hurting someone's feelings or having future players decide not to sign with the B's because of it.