Congrats to Bergeron for making Olympic team.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from woodtick7. Show woodtick7's posts

Congrats to Bergeron for making Olympic team.

Congrats to Bergy for being named to the team. The hockey intelligence showed by Team Canada selection comitee has to shut up all the nay sayers regarding Bergeron.  He showed great preseverance coming back from the concussion. Bergeron should be quite proud of his accomplishment.

For Rattlehead and Marco i would take Bergy any day over Kessel as he is a 2 way player.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

Re: Congrats to Bergeron for making Olympic team.

bergy is in with the best ,and with him making this team should help boost his play going forth .congrats ,and hope you win the gold , 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pbergeron37. Show pbergeron37's posts

link?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pbergeron37. Show pbergeron37's posts

nevermind, tsn JUSt released it

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

The intangible that got Bergeron on the team is his chemistry with Sidney Crosby from previous international events.

Patrice deserves this chance. Well done.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Canada is loaded what a choke if they blow it on home ice. Patrice played real well pre-concussion days for Canada. They'll need him against Kovalchuk-Ovechkin-Malkin. It's going to be a great Tournament Congrats to Patrice!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hendy77. Show hendy77's posts

Why would it be a choke to lose on home ice???

I guess you haven't seen the rosters of the Swedes, Finns, Russians???

This tournament features teams that are loaded with talent. In short tournaments, it is the team that has the best goaltending that takes home the medals of any colour.

While it's true Canada could ice two teams that COULD medal, not winning gold could hardly be considered a choke.

Back on topic, Bergy was an excellent choice who played his way onto this team.
    He is the first player to ever make the Canadian team who was never invited to their summer evaluation camp. Congrats!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

And he likely will play with Crosby and Nash...he had great chemistry with Sid at the world juniors...I am from Canada and I absolutely love our team going fwd.  The US could make a lot of noise as well...scarey thing about the Canada entry is that they could easily have 2 and possibly 3 teams that could compete....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dave24. Show Dave24's posts

Congrats to Krejci too for making the Czech team

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelf101. Show michaelf101's posts

Cant wait to see him show his offense with two star linemates.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canbostondoit. Show Canbostondoit's posts

Bergeron deserves it and Thomas also deserves being a Team USA goalie even as a back  up to Miller, him and Bergy has a common factor never give up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Great to see Bergy get rewarded with a spot on Team Canada for his great play this year. My hope for him is that he manages to score the winning goal to take home the gold! He certainly deserves it after all he's been through.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from beerpaul. Show beerpaul's posts

Isn't anybody scratching their head as to why Savard was never considered, seriously, by Steve Yserman.....at any point...for team Canada.    Dating back to even the summer selection camp?    I didn't know Yserman hated Savard that much.    To me...for Savard not to be on this team...is laughable.    When Canada comes up short....because they didn't have enough offense...or couldn't convert on a key pp......everyone will start saying.....Oh..maybe we should have considered a "Savard".    

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lereve77. Show lereve77's posts

Congrats to Bergeron! I haven't seen who else is in the lineup but he will most likely see time on the wing. If he can ride shot gun with Crosby maybe he can do the same with Savard. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canbostondoit. Show Canbostondoit's posts

I still scratch my head about Savard I think because of his injury made Stevie a little skeptical and same with Looch, their is so much talent to choose from (Crosby Thornton Heatley PP)( Bergeron Morrow Richards PK) somebody from other teams the fans will be scracthing their heads ie Green WSH.
    Carter PHL. Fisher OTT. Robisda COLU..
    This Canadian Bruins fan is happy at least one Bruin made it to team Canada and now to see who team USA will pick for roster can be interesting to see.
    Thomas deserves to be there because of his never give up attitude! Even if he will be back up to Miller.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from beerpaul. Show beerpaul's posts

Re Canbostondoit.   Yserman never....at any point....seriously considered Savard.    Even at the Summer invitee camp....Savard was not one of the 45 players listed.    Yserman...and his ex-coach(red wings)coach Babcock.....named Dan Cleary on the list...but no Savard.   Cleary could carry Savards hockey sticks.    For some reason.....Savard is a zero..to Yserman.    That's the botton line.    They loved Lucic.....and wanted dearly to put him on this team....but Luc had missed too much time.     Again.....offensively....Luc couldn't carry Savards hockey sticks.   I know...there's is more to hockey than points....but doesn't points count for anything?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from relicsun. Show relicsun's posts

Yes a much ado to Krecji for makine the Czech squad. #46 is the man!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelf101. Show michaelf101's posts

Bergeron will be flying tonight.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

I thought  Bergeron was a lock for the team based on some interviews I heard with Yzerman a while back.. Two way responsible forward , good on PK, PP faceoffs.. brings a lot of diversity to the team.. typical Yzerman player..Also I think Crosby had a hand in it as well as he and Bergy are great friends and they performed Magic back in the Jr's World Championships in 05.. Wouldn't be surprised to see them on the same line..

As for those pining for Savard, just not in the cards. .. has not had a great year to be frank.. injuries played a big part as well , but this team is stacked down the middle... Crosby, Getzlaff, Thorton.. no room for Savard..

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsking. Show bruinsking's posts

congrats to bergy,  yzerman said they needed a good 2 way who could win face offs . i hope he loses but that he does well as far as savard goes his refusel to play in any world games made thaat decision easy . congrats to sturm ,chara and krecji but i hope none of them win either go USA

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottm50. Show scottm50's posts

Way to go Patrice!!!  Nash-Crosby-Bergeron will be awesome in Vancouver, can't wait for the games to start!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pbergeron37. Show pbergeron37's posts

beerpaul.....team canada.....was looking for....a 4th line center who is versatile, can kill penalties very well, win defensive face-offs, and still provide offense.....other centers on the team....toews.....richards......crosby....thornton.....staal (eric)....they aren't looking for a playmaking wizz who specializes in the offensive aspects of the game......2-way player is what they want.....savard had no chance......

....also, team canada will not be blowing that big power play chance or whatever becuase they have thornton, crosby, or toews in there instead of savard.
    ............................................its yzerman

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtassinarisoccer. Show jtassinarisoccer's posts

YAWN

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from beerpaul. Show beerpaul's posts

Re: pbergeron37.  They are looking for a 2-way centre?   What is Richards?  What is Teows?   Do they want the whole team to have 2- way centers?   Has anyone taken a look at the Russion roster?   There is so much offense there...its scary.   When Canada is trailing Russia....do they still need a 2-way center...which it's sounds like to me....you'd like to have every center on Canada be....or do you want one of the most offensively gifted centers in Canada.... you can find..to throw over the boards and get/set up.... that needed goal?    SAvard could/should have been named over Richards or Teows.   Canada doesn't need both those guys....just one of those guys.     I'm telling you....it's an absolute joke that Savard is not on this roster.   Mark my words after the tournament...when Canada comes up short...offensively.

Sections
Shortcuts