Could Rask Steal the Stanley??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Could Rask Steal the Stanley??

We all know that goaltending/Defense win championships. Rask has been phenominal to this point. Assuming he keeps it up, and the boys in front of him continue to play as they are.........anyone else think the unthinkable might just happen?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrolls. Show notrolls's posts

Re: Could Rask Steal the Stanley??

No chance of getting by Pittsburgh or Washington.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tommy3123. Show tommy3123's posts

Why not? Pittsburgh and Washington are both beatable. Anything can happen in the playoffs.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrolls. Show notrolls's posts

In Response to Re: Could Rask Steal the Stanley??:
    Why not? Pittsburgh and Washington are both beatable. Anything can happen in the playoffs.
    Posted by tommy3123
    True, I just don't see the B's outscoring either team. I hope I'm wrong.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikehawkislong69. Show mikehawkislong69's posts

who wants to bet jtassinarisoccer is going to post on this thread calling everyone a pom pom waving koolaid drinker? he'll make an appearance within the next 3 hours

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

Well, the NHL knows that Ovechkin vs. Crosby will be great for ratings, and really the only way they get any ratings at all.  So I wont be surprised if the refs are "influenced" to tilt the series toward that outcome in the second round.  :conspiracy theory:  lol

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tommy3123. Show tommy3123's posts

Washington's goalies are suspect so I think we could give them a run for their money and we all know what happened between Pitt and Boston this year so the emotions would be running high. I just think that If Rask keeps playing like he does and the B's bring a full 60 minutes of play we can match up against anyone. The B's defensive system is top 5 if not the best in the league. The only problem is we dont score enough sometimes.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

MikeHawk, I'd put that bet at even that's pretty safe wager LoL!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jedi33. Show Jedi33's posts

No chance of getting by Pittsburgh or Washington.
    Posted by notrolls

Why not?

the caps can score but there goaltending is questionable at best,the pens  can be beat as well if the b's can keep up their play

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

Washington's goalies are suspect so I think we could give them a run for their money and we all know what happened between Pitt and Boston this year so the emotions would be running high. I just think that If Rask keeps playing like he does and the B's bring a full 60 minutes of play we can match up against anyone. The B's defensive system is top 5 if not the best in the league. The only problem is we dont score enough sometimes.
    Posted by tommy3123
    I don't think the B's can beat Pittsburgh or Washington. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Raskman. Show Raskman's posts

If he does, his number will be in the rafters before the start of next season.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Pittsburgh and Washington are beatable. Anything can happen. Got to take care of Buffalo first.

GO B's!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

This particular Bruin team has been highly inconsistent and can't score regularly even with Savard in the lineup.It would be a miracle if they won the Cup.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Guys please one game at the time.  I am a big fan of Rask and i have great confidence on him but please don't put too much pressure on him too soon!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Washington is beatable, not sure I could say the same for pittsburgh
    Posted by pbergeron37

What a game last night against Ottawa! Pittsburgh is beatable......and goaltending can be the difference as it was last night. Not that I think Pitt will lose the series, but just an example of what can, and does, happen when a goaltender is hot. Too bad Ottawa can't find a consistently hot goaltender.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Both teams are beatable. We have beat them in the regular season.

I have no idea how fleury plays this well in the playoffs and just good enough in the regular season. But he aint no rask nor miller. He can't come up with those "stolen" saves. We just got to keep shooting him him , and same mentally for caps goalies

We can win but it may not be until the 7th game when we win like 2-1

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

The only way a lower seed team can win it all is if they get unbelievable goaltending  and a bit of luck scoring.  Sorta of describes the Bruins....

So, yes, anything is possible.

Washington and Pittsburg can score but have suspect goaltending at times.

However, Crosby is on a mission like I haven't seen since the Edmonton glory days in spite of the last game that could have gone either way. 

My prediction is Pittsburg at this point.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

Like I said in a post before,can Rask be our Ken Dryden? I think this young man can pull it off because he is great and poisied enough to out do Miller in a any tight game. He has proved it but he has to win this series first.
    If the Bruins can win this series and face the Pens we can beat them because Rask is better than Flueruy. Our D can hold off Crosby and Malikin enough to win a series vs the pens.
    If the Bruins can win this series vs Sabres the confidence of this team will go over the roof, and if Savy and Stuie comes back we will be a force.
    A big if we can beat the Sabres and go on to beat Pit, the Caps will be the team our D will have to beat. There is where the team D has to shine. We can hold our own on D but O we have a prolem.
    I am jumping the gun since we have not beat the Sabres yet, but if we do we have the chance to make a mark and after the season we have had the further we go the better we will be. Rask is amazing and could be our Dryden if we keep playing the way we are. GO BRUINS!!!!!!!!!

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

To RealHomer
    IF hockey is really that way and the NHL shows this than this league is a farse and I will stop being a hockey fan. There is no team in this NHL that doesn't want to win and that statement is just stupid. At the end of the season the Oilers and Canes and even the Leafs played hard to spioil any chance a team had to advance. Teams play hard to the very end and comments like that just show you have no smarts about hockey and any team who can work hard can do well. If that's how you feel about hockey find another sport.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

Well, it's not like the Sabres are the highest scoring team in the league, and they had guys go down in each of the first three games, but they do have, in my opinion, the best goalie in the league, and the B's have managed to get pucks past him. If they can get one more here, and keep the intensity up, they can probably get at least that many past Fleury and whoever the Caps put out there.
    It's not likely, but hey, it's the playoffs...anything can happen. As for me, I'm just gonna sit back, enjoy the ride, and see how much these guys really want it (looks like a lot so far). Let's go B's!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

Please--I love the enthusiasm and Rask HAS been incredible...but looking past even one game is a recipe for disaster.

This series RIGHT NOW against the Sabres IS NOT OVER YET. The only goalie I'd take over Rask right now is the one the Bruins have to try to beat tonight. Miller is capable of stealing this series right back for Buffalo, so PLEASE: Don't look past Buffalo or this game tonight. CAN the Bruins win and move on? Of course! But...

Who knew (myself included, who predicted Buffalo would win this in 5) that the Bruins would suddenly wake up from their hibernation and start playing hockey WAY above their actual talent level--with fire, determination, guts, and all the rest of the intangibles?

But this is still a team that's been burned before (remember 2004 and the 3-1 series lead that looked like a lock vs. Montreal--also w/a young goaltender who at the time looked like the next Ken Dryden? Remember how the Bruins also went up 3-1 on an overtime goal in that game? You know what happened next.)

Don't provoke the Hockey Gods. The Bruins are playing amazing hockey right now, and making believers out of serious skeptics like me...but they're still a team with a ton of holes (lack of scoring ability; snipers; injured players, etc.) and they haven't won ANYTHING yet. Game at a time, please. Game 4 was one of the best hockey games I ever witnessed. I'll enjoy it til the puck drops tonight...but looking past Buffalo is a big... BIG mistake.

Hope for the best--but prepare for the worst.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

13 wins to go....settle down
    Posted by pbergeron37

Quoted for truth

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mainerguy. Show mainerguy's posts

I love all the comments about "settling down" and "taking it one game at a time". You guys might have a point if it were Tuukaa Rask himself saying "Hey, wouldn't it be cool if..." but it's not. We're just a bunch of Bruins fans that are excited about the potential of our team who as of this moment is playing their best hockey of the season. So please, give it a rest and enjoy the ride.

And go B's.