Could Rask Steal the Stanley??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Re: Could Rask Steal the Stanley??

Should Rask do this, we would have to start calling him Clyde.  I won't speculate on who would be Bonnie.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

Hey...you don't have to beat em all just the team in front of you. 

Remember when Calgary beat VAN, DET and SJ in 2004.  Those were the 3 top seeds in the West that year.  Get a good matchup, hot goalie and an injury or two to the other team and anything can happen.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

In Response to Re: Could Rask Steal the Stanley??:
    13 wins to go....settle down
    Posted by pbergeron37

I'm as hopefull as the next guy but this one about sums it up.

...its the whole cart before the horse thing.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Should Rask do this, we would have to start calling him Clyde.  I won't speculate on who would be Bonnie.
    Posted by DrCC

Larocque? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fp4778. Show fp4778's posts

I guess he could steal the cup if the guy who has it at the time leaves his door unlocked.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

Ok, here's what I think happens.

Bruins vs Sabres - Bruins in 6

Penguins vs Senators - Penguins in 6

Capitals vs Canadiens - We all know what happened in that series

Flyers vs Devils - Again, we all know what happened there

So, we would play the Penguins in Round 2(correct?).  Keys to that series:

Key 1: Tuukka needs to continue to keep his cool and remain stoic throughout the series

Key 2: We need to keep that drive to score that we have within us now and carry it into this series.  Pepper Fleury with shots just like we did with Miller

Key 3: The easiest way to keep Evgeni Malkin out of a game is by dropping him with a big clean check from Chara, Boychuk(aka the Iron Fist), Stuart or Seidenberg in a corner.  I've seen it happen many times before.  Malkin is easily intimidated, and when he gets intimidated he becomes invisible.  Crosby, well, I can't think of any way to force him to become invisible.  He feeds off of pressure(similiar to Jayson Werth of the Philadelphia Phillies, and our very own Jonathan Papelbon) and even if he gets intimidated, he uses that to drive himself to do better and force his opponents into silly mistakes.  The only way I can think of is to just keep smothering him when he goes for the puck and just block all the shots we can from him.  The same thing goes for Jordan Staal.  Smother him when he goes for the puck and block his shots and for god's sake, have Sobotka wreck him like he did last year, just for fun.

Key 4: Well, this isn't a key, but it would be pretty funny to see it happen.  Dream scenario: Bruins trade for Evander Kane.  Kane plays on a line with Sobotka and Lucic.  Sobotka wrecks Matt Cooke.  Cooke gets irritated and tries to go after Sobotka.  Lucic, seeing what is going on, drops Cooke with a hit to the head.  Becoming increasingly irritated, he targets Evander Kane(again), Kane avoids Cooke's hit, then knocks him out cold with a pure hockey punch to the head(again).  There is no chance this would EVER happen, but I like to dream sometimes.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

How about just stealing us Game 6?  Tonite was a night I think he would rather forget.. Gives up a stupid first goal by playing non chelantly and gives life to the Sabres and drains the life out of the Bruins right away..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtassinarisoccer. Show jtassinarisoccer's posts

who wants to bet jtassinarisoccer is going to post on this thread calling everyone a pom pom waving koolaid drinker? he'll make an appearance within the next 3 hours
    Posted by mikehawkislong69

ok...done.  One prediction you actually got right

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmo14. Show cosmo14's posts

No, I don't think this is possible. And it is downright silly. I predicted the Bruins would be trounced in game 5, then lose game 6. Game 7 is a the end of the line. Unfortunately, the Bruins fans will call this a success and the team will not have to move forward again. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerjack. Show jerjack's posts

In Response to Could Rask Steal the Stanley??:
    We all know that goaltending/Defense win championships. Rask has been phenominal to this point. Assuming he keeps it up, and the boys in front of him continue to play as they are.........anyone else think the unthinkable might just happen?
    Posted by 4everbruins

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerjack. Show jerjack's posts

We all know that goaltending/Defense win championships. Rask has been phenominal to this point. Assuming he keeps it up, and the boys in front of him continue to play as they are.........anyone else think the unthinkable might just happen?
    Posted by 4everbruins

I've been thinking the unthinkable for all these years, but when you come down to it, too many teams with real offensive heat that's going to stop the bruins sooner than later. Still thinking just the same.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerjack. Show jerjack's posts

Posted by 4everbruins

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Raskman. Show Raskman's posts

Could we get to the second round before we start talking Cup?  IMO, tonight is game 7 for us.  I don't like our chances going back to Buffalo is we lose.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerjack. Show jerjack's posts

I've been thinking the unthinkable for all these years. not enough firepower on this team yet to get past maybe 2 rounds. Let me think, Pittsburgh may be next, huh?
    It's time to play golf anyway, but I'll keep thinking.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

No he can't. But if the B's get some goal scoring, together they might. We need a a guy to go on a crazy scoring run. If Lucic, or Ryder, or anyone can start lighting it up, and carrying the team, like Pasanni did for Edmonton a couple years back, then yes it could be done. That is a big IF considering the lack of scoring this team has had all year.

Note... is anyone else done with Wheeler? I just don't see him becoming what we all hoped he would. Hopefully I am wrong, but he just doesn't seem to have that scorers' touch. He doesn't use his size, doesn't drive the net, and he doesn't have a bullet shot.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

TUUUUUUUUUUUUUUKA! Closes out Buffalo. Bring on round 2.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Good job for Tukka to stay focussed after the brutal giveaways done by his teammates!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBostonBruins. Show TheBostonBruins's posts

Posted by 4everbruins

Hey 4everbruins: Yeah, I think Rask could steal the Stanley! Great thread, man! Steal the Stanley! IT IS TIME TO STEAL THE STANLEY!!! GO TUUKA!!!

Sections
Shortcuts