Crosby vs Ovechkin

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stourque. Show stourque's posts

Crosby vs Ovechkin

Anyone know any chemistry? 87 minus 8 equals 79 which just happens to be the atomic number for GOLD!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Greatseason. Show Greatseason's posts

Re: Crosby vs Ovechkin

Did U see that famous russian yesterday??

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

11January1976  Philadelphia vs Russia

Van Impe lays out Kharlamov with a body check (clean) and Russian Coach Loktev after screaming for a penalty, pulls his team off the ice.

And the words heard round the world
    "They're going home, The Russians are going home!"

The usual bs by the Russ faking injuries had done it against the Bruins earlier and their phantom trips not unlike last night.

ov saying it will be nice to beat Canada in Canada.(Arrogant sob). They were having ice problems during the game, I guess ov's stick was too hot!

Anyhooooowwwww...

Sorry but I have to say it not ov but OLE! OLE! OLE!

"They're going home, The Russians are going home!"

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

I love Crosby's game.  He's intense, a great leader and a good player-maker.  He is also a very opportunistic goal scorer.  Elite player no doubt.

But seeing them now, if the draft came up all over again and it was a choice between these 2 great players, I would take Ovey every day and twice on Sunday's in spite of his last-lustre game against Canada.

He is a threat to score, setup a pass, or kill someone every shift he's out there.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Crosby hands down!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from KJBruinswin. Show KJBruinswin's posts

Ovechkin is clearly the best player on the planet but Crosby has the Stanley Cup at the moment. The question is whether or not Sid the kid keeps it this year or Ovie leads the Caps to the promise land.    

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

I think the debate between who you would draft depends on your team, do you want the player who has the most complete game, and makes everyone else better, or the player who is the most dominate in the game?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

PB, ov disappeared against the Canadian Juniors a couple of years ago as well.

I'll take Crosby no matter what you have for a team, he is an elite complete player, you can have ov.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Crosby without a doubt.  I would have said Ovechkin before the Olympics but he changed that in one game by not showing up when it counted.  That's a pet-peeve of mine.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Goal tending buried them, down that quick it would have been hard for anyone to stay up...And for canada it was a team effort, not crosby 0pts for both guys..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Take Ovechkin off the Caps average team. When Malkin is injured the Pens are less than average. No Malkin no cup for the Pens!

If i have to choose one player to pick first overall to start a team Ovechkin!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

Much has been said about Crosby's improvement this year .... more goals. But this has been done at the expense of his total points per game. And if Gonchar or Malkin aren't in the Penguins lineup, Crosby is very ordinary, as are the Penguins. 

On the other hand, very little has been said about Ovechkin's improvement this year. He now has a pass first mentality, thus his assists have gone up this year, without his points total going down. Ditto for his plus/minus.

Thus, I would go with Ovechkin. But he's not head and shoulders above Crosby. I think it boils down to whose personality and style of play you like better.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

Crosby is a Wuss--- I'd take Ovechkin in a second.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikehawkislong69. Show mikehawkislong69's posts

I CANNOT wait to see the capitals get the #1 seed and then crumble in the playoffs. The canada russia game is a PERFECT example of what is gonna happen to washington this spring. No matter much offensive firepower you have, you will NEVER, I repeat, NEVER win a cup with subpar defense and goaltending. Mike Green what a joke. Gary Bettman is going to be pissed when both washington and pittsburg get eliminated in the playoffs

Also, I hate when people say crosby won a cup. Thats not true. Crosby has never won a cup. However, the pittsburgh penguins have won a stanley cup most recently. Hockey is a team sport. Last time I checked, Malkin won the conn smyth, max talbot scored both goals in game 7, and Fleury kept a dangerous red wings offense to 1 goal in game 7. Yea crosby contributed to the cup, but people act like its crosby's cup and that crosby won the cup-that is pure BS

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbone77. Show tbone77's posts

OV is gonna get his clock cleaned one day and i'm surprised it hasn't happened yet. Every time he goes for a hit his feet leave the ice i dont know why anyone hasn't killed him yet. Crosby would score just as much if he took 10 shots every freaking game.                                                                               

Sections
Shortcuts