Dallas looking for 2nd line winger

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canbostondoit. Show Canbostondoit's posts

Dallas looking for 2nd line winger

Fourth period rumours are saying the Stars are looking for a second line winger and they are also trying to shop Robiero cause of long contract.

(A) The Bruins should jump in on this and trade not for Robiero but for James Neal
    Trade one- Ryder Hunwick Boston's 1st pick James Neal(RFA) and d man Jeff Woywitka(650,000) 6'1 217 LBS WHL top d man 2002-2003 with NHL experience and Robiero was once line mates with Ryder back in Montreal days and clicked very well maybe this lure Dallas in to keeping Robiero for one year to see it the chemistry will happen.
    (B) Trade two- if trade one open the phone lines with Bruins and Stars but not quite convincing for Nieuwendyk then Ryder Maixim Suave and Boston's 1st pick for James Neal and Woywitka.

All the posters are saying nobody wants Ryder but reassurrance it is very possible if it means giving toronto's first pick to get James Neal then I would definetly  do it.

(C) Ryder Hunwick Toronto's 1st pick for James Neal and Woywitka and if Bruins need to give up Maxim Suave or Caron to get Neal then do it.

With Ryder and Hunwick off the books will enough to sign James Neal

Boston potential 1st and 2nd lines
    Lucic Savard Horton
    Neal Krejci Wheels

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from puckhog9966. Show puckhog9966's posts

Re: Dallas looking for 2nd line winger

why again would a team who wants to add a top six forward give up one of thier top 3 forwards? neal is also due a decent contract that the bruins wont beable to afford.

If the bruins add in toronto's 1st pick then im sure it gets done as they could get most any player in the league with that in the trade package. Ide rather see them hold onto the pick and get another lottery player out of it that has 3 years at cheap cap money.

The cup is won through the draft these days not trading for players who will demand contracts that you cant keep anyhow. The last couple teams to win it have both drafted the core of the team with lottery picks... pitts and chicago.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canbostondoit. Show Canbostondoit's posts

Good point puck but can we get a James Neal with next years pick the Bruins will need another second line scorer. I do like Ryder but will he prevail this year that is big ? And how big of a contract is Neal looking for is another ? If Dallas is having a hard time negoiating with Neal then what is problem does really want to stay in Dallas or go to bigger hockey city ie one the original six teams.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

1.  This makes the littlest amount of sense out of anything posted here in the past four months.  A team wants a second line winger won't trade their first line winger to get it done.

2.  A minor league question mark and the lesser of the B's first round picks will not get a 23 year old winger who will score 25+ goals.

3.  If .

You know what?  I hate to tell you this, but this idea is so dumb, I just can't respond any further.  I'll end with this:  If Dallas wanted to pay $4M for garbage, there is plenty of it available on the market.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from STFU-Yankee-fans. Show STFU-Yankee-fans's posts

This is what happens when people who watch one game in 10 years try and play GM.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Dallas will get a deal done with Neal before they attempt trading for another top 6 forward (ryder if you may ) The math of adding ryder:s 4 mil and trade away neal in the same process is just plain dumb. Enticing them with torontos 1st pick and a prospect, maybe but doubtful. If dallas is indeed in the market for a top 6 forward, ryder can be had as we all know it for draft pick likely a 2nd or 3rdrd

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from puckhog9966. Show puckhog9966's posts

well there is another factor as well to think about ... if your looking at giving him a 4 mil a year contract for any length of time then y not just dump both hunwick and ryder in the minors where they have to clear waivers to bring back up, i believe. Then you put that 4 mil or so that u now have under the cap and just sign him to an offer sheat and force the dallas hand. A 4 mil offer sheet is what 2 first rounders compensation? niether of which will be toronto's.

I see that as a more likely scenario then trading for him. I dont see any way that dallas will willingly trade him for ryder and hunwick. But they are in a very structured money situation because they are being sold and the owner of the team filed bankruptcy last summer, if i remember right ? Witht hat being said i dont see them matching an offer sheet. The will more then likely take the draft picks in compensation and let them new owners start anew with thie rown drafted players.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"But they are in a very structured money situation because they are being sold and the owner of the team filed bankruptcy last summer, if i remember right ?"

That's correct Dallas is not looking to increase payroll at this point. PC can't get rid of Ryder and Nieuwendyk can't get rid of Ribiero they both have been shopped till they can be dropped. My feeling is Chiarelli doesn't want to include that 2nd rounder or a 1st rounder to get rid of Ryder because Peter already wasted (Horton payout yet to be evaluated) a high pick to get rid of Wideman.

Another part of the reason PC probably won't be accompany high picks like that again is he knows he can trade down now for players like Spooner and Knight in the draft and feel confident. I myself would include the Bs own 2011 2nd or the 2011 2nd round pick Boston received from the Wild to rid ourselves of Ryder but this does not look like this will happen.

Batman and Robin from their Montreal days got their money then licked the pot of honey clean. Ryder better have a good year or he will be out of hockey next year I for one will not have a problem with that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from puckhog9966. Show puckhog9966's posts

im not as down on ryder as alot of people are. after play hockey for a long time myself, goal scoring has some luck involved in it. How many pipes did he hit last year .... it was a Sh!T ton and he hit them solid as well, which means he beat the goalie and just got some bad luck. I'll still take him high in the slot on a 3v2 rush anyday with that release he has and he has a great move on the offside boards strong to the slot. It's all about that move for him... he makes that move consistantly and he'll pot 30 this year.. if he slinks the puck around the boards and stands still waiting for it to come back to him then he gets 14-15 again and will be run out of town.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Dallas looking for 2nd line winger:
    im not as down on ryder as alot of people are. after play hockey for a long time myself, goal scoring has some luck involved in it. How many pipes did he hit last year .... it was a Sh!T ton and he hit them solid as well, which means he beat the goalie and just got some bad luck. I'll still take him high in the slot on a 3v2 rush anyday with that release he has and he has a great move on the offside boards strong to the slot. It's all about that move for him... he makes that move consistantly and he'll pot 30 this year.. if he slinks the puck around the boards and stands still waiting for it to come back to him then he gets 14-15 again and will be run out of town.
    Posted by puckhog9966

All players hit posts.  All that means is the shot didn't go in.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from puckhog9966. Show puckhog9966's posts

there is a big difference between smacking the post with a good shot and a denis wideman penalty shot. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nedfgvagWLM

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: Dallas looking for 2nd line winger : All players hit posts.  All that means is the shot didn't go in.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

You forgot to mention. Hitting the post or crossbar also means he missed the net.....AGAIN!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

He's got only the slightest bit of logic here.  I wouldn't be surprised to see Neal wearing a different jersey next year.  They're right up against their self-imposed budget, and with Neal looking for around $4M, they won't be able to afford him unless they can get rid of Ribeiro (doubtful)  The trades you proposed are awful.  Why would Dallas spend $4M on a garbage second/third line winger and trade their first line winger who will make aroundthe same money?  You'd have to entice them with picks and prospects, and you may have to have Nieuwyndyk drunk to even begin negotiations.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canbostondoit. Show Canbostondoit's posts

Hey beantown then i will send Nieuwendyk a good bottle of scotch and a case of cold canadian beer if that what it takes LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

Hey beantown then i will send Nieuwendyk a good bottle of scotch and a case of cold canadian beer if that what it takes LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by Canbostondoit

Believe me, if Nieuwyndyk offered me Neal and Woywitka for Ryder, hunwick, and a first, I'd say yes before even thinking.  Neal replacing Ryder would be a dream scenario (key word there is dream)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

The only two people in the NHL who would want Ryder for 4 Million per....
    are Claude Julien and Peter Chiarelli. Fans are just going to have to deal with and hope for the best. Maybe PC will take this into consideration the next time CJ lobbies for a players services.

Sections
Shortcuts