Dan Carcillo at it again and Say ain't so Joe - Head shots!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Dan Carcillo at it again and Say ain't so Joe - Head shots!

http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.php/hockey/comments/video_carcillo_hit_on_fedotenko_tonight/

No penalty to Carcillo even as he leaves his feet!

http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.php/hockey/comments/vide_joe_thornton_hit_on_david_perron/

Thornton received five for an illegal check to the head, a ten and game misconduct. What will Colin do ? I say slaps on the wrist but he needs to come down hard but probably won't...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Re: Dan Carcillo at it again and Say ain't so Joe - Head shots!

Wow!! thanks for the links.. It will be interesting to see what the call is by Campbell.. You have a nobody and a superstar in the game both delivering blindside hits to the head..no question.. wanna bet who gets more?

Thorton's was way worse, looks to be premeditated, Perron doesn't even have the puck and delivers a hit to the head.. to me that is minimum 3 games.. but probably as a first offender will get a fine and told not to do it again.. I guess these guys have stopped listening.. didn't take long..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Dawg :

The League will again likely look the other way on this one.

If Campbell had done his job properly in the first place, Carcillo likely should not have even been in this game for the part that he played with Briere in the two man mugging at the end of the Islanders games.

The goonery in this bush league game has gotten much worse rather than better.

It is what it is !  

I quit !

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Ignoring the bad example that these guys set for kids, you would also think that the players would be smart enough to actually think before attempting to cripple and brain damage each other...  

Maybe, I am giving too much credit to Carcillo there...

I thought that this was a sport that involved speed and skill, but it's definitely not worth my time watching this kinda garbage anymore !

Always hated the Broad Street Bullies and always will ! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

In Response to Dan Carcillo at it again and Say ain't so Joe - Head shots!:
    [QUOTE]http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.php/hockey/comments/video_carcillo_hit_on_fedotenko_tonight/ No penalty to Carcillo even as he leaves his feet! http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.php/hockey/comments/vide_joe_thornton_hit_on_david_perron/ Thornton received five for an illegal check to the head, a ten and game misconduct. What will Colin do ? I say slaps on the wrist but he needs to come down hard but probably won't...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Carcillo, Milbury's favorite.  Not clear on the Thornton hit but Carcillo (the clown) has screws missing if he defends his actions tomrrow by saying it was not intentional.  The Nothing Happens League will once again be a justice system based on inconsistencies.  Their are 21st methods to clean up the poor play on ice, the question is, will the NHL system change?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wil39. Show wil39's posts

Campbell's rulings are always puzzling to me.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to Re: Dan Carcillo at it again and Say ain't so Joe - Head shots!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Dan Carcillo at it again and Say ain't so Joe - Head shots! : Carcillo, Milbury's favorite.  Not clear on the Thornton hit but Carcillo (the clown) has screws missing if he defends his actions tomrrow by saying it was not intentional.  The Nothing Happens League will once again be a justice system based on inconsistencies.  Their are 21st methods to clean up the poor play on ice, the question is, will the NHL system change?
    Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]

Does Milbury actually like that punk, or is that tongue-in-cheek?

This is my favorite Carcillo moment:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0GeiWoiiIE

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Both will probably get 2 games. I'm hoping Carcillo gets 40; 39 of them for making the refs look like idiots! 
    For Joe? It may not have been so bad if Perron actually had possession. This is one of these plays where the bigger mans shoulder makes contact to the head. He kept his arm tucked in through the whole hit. This play is a tough one for Campbell. I don't think Joe was targeting the head. Glad Perron was OK.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

If Mike Milbury says he likes that punk, who are we to judge whether he is joking or not ?

Milbury isn't actually the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Anyways, goons win !

"Pansification" advocates out !

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Headshots would stop tomorrow if the Nuckle Head League actually wanted to stop them (see IIHF rules on head shots, for example), but the big question for the NHL is how do you stop headshots without looking hypocritical and still allow fighting ?

The other big lie has also always been that the NHL is trying to cut down on goonery.

Nope !

2005-2006  --   466 Fights in the NHL

2009-2010  --   714 Fights in the NHL

The fact is that this Bush League really need the Carcillos of this League to promote the sport in places where goonery sells, and Bettman needs to maintain the illusion that a big National television in the US is just around the corner (which it isn't.)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

i wish Savard bit off Carcillo's hand last year. I seriouly hope this guy gets his a%%% beat somtime

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

The RMiller Ratio on this thread is 2:5.  Dude's Ritalin ran out.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Oh - and Joe Thornton is no "first time offender".  He's gotten slapped a few times, though not under the new head-hits rule.  If they go easy on him, the only argument they have is the "he's big" crap.  Guy didn't have the puck.  Refs gave him 5 and the gate.  He's got to get at least 3 games, doesn't he?  How can you not call that a cheap shot and an attempt to injure?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Perron didnt get control of the pass, it glanced off his stick and thornton was already commited for the hit, that was not a late hit.as mentioned above his shoulder and elbow  was tucked in and no intent at all. I would be stunned if he got anything.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

RMiller,

I am assuming you are young and just started watching hockey.  70-80's makes todays hockey look like Ringette.  If you wanna watch European hockey go ahead.  Or just turn the TV off.  The Goons in the league are slowly becoming a thing of the past.  What you get today are guys like Konopka/Prust/Carcillo/Rypien.  More middle heavy weight guys with some skill.  Carcillo can play the game/hense him being on the #1 line for a while with Richards and Carter.  Carcillo also fought in that game as he answered the bell.

I am tired of the sissy girl crying about head shots.  NEWS FLASH- They have always been there.  The fact that concussions are reported now is why the pink skirts are in an uproar. 

There are risks involved in playing hockey, all the players know that.  Anyone that has played will say the same thing. 

Bush league?  I don't think so.  again, go back in time and watch some footage.  The big thing in the 70-80's is that players were allowed to hold up the forecheckers so the dmen wouldn't get pasted.  They were allowed to use their sticks and bodies to hook some.  The problem with todays game is that it is more wide open/euro style.  Problem is there are alpha dog canadians/americans thats still play with passion and grit. 

Tired of reading something after someone gets hit (clean or legal).  I don't mind hits like Cooke being debated(actually no debate on that one).  But everytime someone gets hit now its on the news.  

Let me ask you.  Did you think the Willie MItchell hit on Toews last year was brutal.  Guess what.  Its hockey.  Keep your head up. 

Let's just take hitting out of hockey so the pink skirts can get their wish.  Oh what a violent cruel sport. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Im with the last 2 posts.  Thorntons hit wasnt nearly as bad as its being made out to be, whereass Carcillos hit was REALLY ugly.  Its at least a charging.  I cant understand why they dont penalize him there.  Also, in the game where he faked getting hit in the face (think it was aginst the Rangers) Devorski was giving Laviolette crap about it, but never gave the dive penalty.  WHY IS THAT!?!?!?!?!?!?

Im sick of hearing how every big hit is a head shot.  How about they make a rule where only guys of certain height and size can be on the ice at the same time so the bigger guys cant hit the smaller guys?  That would work, right.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

I don't see the problem with Thorton hit. He made the move for the hit, and the guy lost the puck. That isn't Joe fault. Also, it wasn't a blind shot.
    And he could have really leveled him if he wanted. He held up.

Carcillo is a punk. Mouthy and with little or no talent. I see no reason for him to be in the league.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

I saw Milbury speak of the "Clown" at the beginning of last year's season.  It was during his NESN NHL predictions session (sorry no link).  He spoke of his spirited character being a key for the success for the Phily team.  A love affair gone awry.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mikeonetwo. Show Mikeonetwo's posts

Its hard to tell from the video's.  I don't really think either hit was all "that" dirty.  In Carcillo's hit, did the other guy get up and skate away? He got his arms up and it was a glancing collision as Carcillo tried to jump out of the way.  I can see why no penalty was assessed.  A lot of times in hockey a ref will let questionable calls slide if the committing player also falls.  I'm not defending Carcillo, its just my observation.  The other guy saw him coming, he got his arms up.

Thornton, fits the blindside hits rule.  He came laterally to a players blindside.  However, Perron was looking behind him.  I think it was good check.  The pass was going to Perron and contact happen just after the pass glanced of his stick.  I agree with the penalty call due to the new rules.  I don't think he deserves a suspension.  Everyone who plays/played hockey knows there is a giant green light on players who skate with their heads down.  That's why you skate with your head up and stay with the play.  If you get ahead of it like that and look over your shoulder for the pass, don't be suprised when you get laid out.

This isn't gospel.  It's my opinion.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]I saw Milbury speak of the "Clown" at the beginning of last year's season.  It was during his NESN NHL predictions session (sorry no link).  He spoke of his spirited character being a key for the success for the Phily team.  A love affair gone awry.  
    Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]

Wow, seriously? Thanks for the enlightenment.

Carcillo is such a punk. There's no other way to describe him. I can't stand it when people say "you'd love him if he was on your team." No, I WOULDN'T.

PS: I thought RMiller pledged to leave the board if Seguin wasn't sent back to junior?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

What was really funny last night during the NHL highlights was a pregame chat between Avery and Carcillo at center ice while the teams were doing their pre-game skate.  Talk about 2 clowns.....

They were right beside each other on their own side of center, right next the boards.

Carcillo was really laying into Avery who mostly laughed and tried to ignore him.   After about 30 seconds, the bogieman comes up and taps Avery on the shoulder and replaces him at center ice next to Carcillo.

It was like Carcillo saw a ghost and he seemed to immediately shut-up.

It was priceless.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie

"Would have felt better if Carcillo got 5 and GM, same as Thornton. Gonna be some hard miles before this rule gets fully ironed out."

twitter.com/DarrenDreger

"Joe Thornton has a 2pm conference call, discipline hearing for hit on David Perron."

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Yeah, looking at it again, I will admit to being a little overzealous in describing the Thornton hit.  I thought there was a longer delay between Perron missing the pass and Thornton burying him.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Isla - no more Pogo?!?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

[QUOTE]RMiller, I am assuming you are young and just started watching hockey.  70-80's makes todays hockey look like Ringette.  If you wanna watch European hockey go ahead.  Or just turn the TV off.  The Goons in the league are slowly becoming a thing of the past.  What you get today are guys like Konopka/Prust/Carcillo/Rypien.  More middle heavy weight guys with some skill.  Carcillo can play the game/hense him being on the #1 line for a while with Richards and Carter.  Carcillo also fought in that game as he answered the bell. I am tired of the sissy girl crying about head shots.  NEWS FLASH- They have always been there.  The fact that concussions are reported now is why the pink skirts are in an uproar.  There are risks involved in playing hockey, all the players know that.  Anyone that has played will say the same thing.  Bush league?  I don't think so.  again, go back in time and watch some footage.  The big thing in the 70-80's is that players were allowed to hold up the forecheckers so the dmen wouldn't get pasted.  They were allowed to use their sticks and bodies to hook some.  The problem with todays game is that it is more wide open/euro style.  Problem is there are alpha dog canadians/americans thats still play with passion and grit.  Tired of reading something after someone gets hit (clean or legal).  I don't mind hits like Cooke being debated(actually no debate on that one).  But everytime someone gets hit now its on the news.   Let me ask you.  Did you think the Willie MItchell hit on Toews last year was brutal.  Guess what.  Its hockey.  Keep your head up.  Let's just take hitting out of hockey so the pink skirts can get their wish.  Oh what a violent cruel sport. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

"Its hockey."

It's a game and these losers are supposed to be role models for kids ?

But I don't actually recall players throwing obvious elbows to other players' heads (like Cooke's hit on Savard last year and Carcillo's recent hit on Fedotenko) going unnoticed by NHL referees back in the 1970s.

"Or just turn the TV off."

Thanks, shupe.

That's just what I plan to do !

This isn't the hockey game that I remember.

Buttman has ruined it !

Peace, out !

Sections
Shortcuts