Dan Hamhuis?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustyisacat. Show dustyisacat's posts

Dan Hamhuis?

http://bruinsrumors.wordpress.com/ 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Re: Dan Hamhuis?

Well if there gonna add another D does that mean one is going ?  Interesting.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustyisacat. Show dustyisacat's posts

Hamhius makes 2.5 and is a UFA at the end of the year .

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Hamhuis contract ends this season.  Sounds like a rental player.  Nashville has solid defensemen.  I just hope it is a #4 pick not anything else unless Nashville decides to take Ryder.  Then the deal could be more complicated.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

I don't like it. The guy's name freaks me out.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from captainbergeron. Show captainbergeron's posts

I'd didn't know much about Hamhuis, this is what I found. The first two are fights and all three are crushing hits.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8bR1cCjvNs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35e1LVcSVMg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNgfHTE7y8w

I'd be happy with him in a bruins jersey, but you goes? They'll want a defensemen in return. My money's on hunwick.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In Response to Re: Dan Hamhuis?:
    I don't like it. The guy's name freaks me out.
    Posted by bridgemanusa

Awesome. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from roydelaney. Show roydelaney's posts

Who goes in return?  Better be Wideman!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mabou. Show mabou's posts

No. Hamhuis to Boston. Wideman goes somewhere else as part of a package for a forward who can actually score.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

2M cap hit with 538K left for this year.

JJ wants him, as his Smithers, he is from Smithers, BC, Canada.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mebackagin. Show mebackagin's posts

no thanks!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

I have read several different sources claiming this same thing, it seems like it is already a done deal, they are just waiting until after the olympic break roster freeze to announce it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins6. Show Bruins6's posts

I have always liked him. I hope if he is acquired we could sign him in the off season.It will be interesting to see who we give up for him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

Might be Bitz, he didn't dress much prior to the break and he's Nashville's type of player. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

I wouldn't give up on Hunwick, I think that he needs at least another season to prove his worth, which is strictly as an offensive defenseman. That doesn't help this year while nobody is scoring, because he stretches the ice so easily and cuts through the neutral zone so fast it can leave opposing defenseman and forwards on their heels.  His problem is when the puck isn't in front of him.  He has an unbelievably difficult time knocking guys off the puck and when the puck isn't in front of him, he loses possession or makes a bad pass to the other team's forwards.  We need to see what Chiarelli does to improve the offense next year, which will benefit Hunwick and his offensive skills, which is why the Bruins signed him.  I do like Hamhuis though, would be good to put him on the D and send Wideman to the minors if it is possible, he needs a 'motivation' stint.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I have read several different sources claiming this same thing, it seems like it is already a done deal, they are just waiting until after the olympic break roster freeze to announce it.
    Posted by abra-cadaver

Can you give those sources?  I'm trying to zero in on the most credible rumor mills.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from roydelaney. Show roydelaney's posts

I agree on Hunwick.  He has a lot of potential and he is playing with more confidence lately.  I think his play in our end has improved dramatically in the past 5 or 6 games.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.nesn.com/2010/02/sources-dan-hamhuis-raffi-torres-alexander-frolov-on-bruins-trade-radar.html

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustyisacat. Show dustyisacat's posts

In Response to Re: Dan Hamhuis? : Can you give those sources?  I'm trying to zero in on the most credible rumor mills.
    Posted by BadHabitude

badhab , i don't know if this is credible but i found this. http://www.spectorshockey.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=981:nhl-trade-a-free-agent-news-february-19-2010&catid=5:trade-rumors&Itemid=4

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Who goes in return?  Better be Wideman!
    Posted by roydelaney

So stupid.  Wideman has been a top minute guy for the B's.  Yeah, he had some struggles, but I bet you weren't crying for his departure last season.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Dan Hamhuis? :   So stupid.  Wideman has been a top minute guy for the B's.  Yeah, he had some struggles, but I bet you weren't crying for his departure last season.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

?!?!?!?!?!
    I was begging for him to be gone last year, he's the same guy this year except he's not putting up the points this year.  Good Lord can't you remember him giving up a couple of breakaways to the Hurricanes by not containing pucks at the blue line?  He's a detriment.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanJohnthan. Show StanJohnthan's posts

In Response to Re: Dan Hamhuis? : Can you give those sources?  I'm trying to zero in on the most credible rumor mills.
    Posted by BadHabitude

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from roydelaney. Show roydelaney's posts

Yeah, Not-A-Shot, top minute guy and WORST player on the ice for a lot of games!  'Struggles'?  He's been downright awful for most of the season.  I admit he's been better of late but I would gladly see him go to free up $4 mil for a more reliable D or a good wing.  Boohoo!!!!, Yup, I'm crying!  Please get rid of him! 

And Yes, I didn't like him last year either.  I've never liked his play.  I would much prefer Boyes in our line right now, even with his own 'struggles'.

Boohoo, boohoo, boohoo....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan4778. Show bruinsfan4778's posts

Hamhuis has little offensive upside tho...a defensive defenseman is what we need?not too sure about you posters but I feel we need more scoring(duh). Laughing

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Dan Hamhuis? : ?!?!?!?!?! I was begging for him to be gone last year, he's the same guy this year except he's not putting up the points this year.  Good Lord can't you remember him giving up a couple of breakaways to the Hurricanes by not containing pucks at the blue line?  He's a detriment.
    Posted by BadHabitude

While I find myself agreeing with much of what you normally have to say,this time I strongly disagree.As you may or may not have noticed I have been a Wideman supporter for a few weeks now.I have taken a lot of flak for it but honestly feel like he has been great for 8 or 9 games now.He is the best on the team for starting the breakout and I don't think our recent surge in the standings could have come without an improved breakout.If you have NHL.com you can watch archived games.You will see that the recent success was due to a better transition game leading to odd man rushes.Watch for Wideman in particular on the breakout and you will see how many 3on2 and 2on1 rushes he created with either lugging the puck or making a great first pass.Look,I know how awful he was most of the year.I also know he is better than he has shown and I am not ready to give up on him.