dear jacobs..i want to take my 4 yr old boy to a game!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

dear jacobs..i want to take my 4 yr old boy to a game!

but because of your tix prices i cannot...i understand you can sell the tix to the suits..but its a shame..as a 33 yr old dad who has a 4yr old (named cam..after cam neely) that i cant take him to a game because i cant afford 171 per ticket to sit in loge and balcony seats are to high for is eyes (last yr he went and said he wants to sit down there) so between 2 good seat a souviner hat 2 hot dogs and soda and parking im looking at 400-500 about what i take home per week...i undestand mr jacobs you make alot more than 500 pr week but alot of people that truly love you team dont...i wish somehow u and the nhl woul realize this...i use to go see cam neely and bourque with my dad about 30 games a season back in early 90's when it was 40 bucks to sit in loge...and those moments with my dad taking it in watching cam are things you cant put a price tag on...id love to share  this with my son...but looks like u and the nhl are making that impossible.....why did we have a lockout again?   p.s mabye if you ever spent that kind of quality time with charlie you would undestand my point  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

Re: dear jacobs..i want to take my 4 yr old boy to a game!

Ouch! This is a heartfelt message and hits home, painfully. Great post.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

its the truth...we have to watch on tv...and my son cant get into the game that way at 4 yrs old....i cant tell u how much i miss being a kid  looking forward to the game all day in school, going on the train, to the halftime for pizza and the game alone with my dad, having him by me a hat and a foam finger and spilling ketchup from my hot dog on my neely jersey i got for xmas and seeing neely skate around a few feet in front of me...the whole experience is truly what i feel is most important to a kid...all charlie will remembe is his dad throwing money at him spoling him rotten...i will remember fun times with my dad watching the game i love...and to me that will always be enough....i jus wish i could afford to have my own little guy experience this....but at 400-500 a game i simply cant for a family of 5 that makes that kinda money pr week   anyway thanks for reading and go bs!  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pezell04x. Show Pezell04x's posts

to be fair, you could probably take him to a P-Bruins game and he wouldn't know the difference. I took my 5 year old daughter to the Future at Fenway game and she had the time of her life and didn't know it wasn't the Red Sox.

But I hear your point, the ticket prices are absolutely rediciulous. Tickets in general tick me off, I made a post about it on my blog today, how I hate having online raffles and how it screws with the passionate fan.

I mean when I was younger (and I'm only 26), you could walk up to the ticket window at Fenway and get tickets, now its damn near impossible. The Garden will unfortunately become the same way.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ksp1957. Show ksp1957's posts

Great post indeed. I remember when I was 8 going to games and the cost didn't send my parents to the poor house, so I can definitely feel your pain. You can get tickets to the Providence Bruins and not have to take out a second mortgage, but it just isn't the same.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

They call me every day to renew my 12 game pack...I already told them no because the tickets were too expensive

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OldRaspy. Show OldRaspy's posts

In Response to Re: dear jacobs..i want to take my 4 yr old boy to a game!:
    [QUOTE]They call me every day to renew my 12 game pack...I already told them no because the tickets were too expensive
    Posted by KrayzieJoe[/QUOTE]

Don't forget to mention that your "12 game pack" is now a "10 game pack" that costs more than the 12 games did last year for the same seats! 

These arguments that the costs are justified because they charge much elsewhere are unsubstantiated. Check here: http://teammarketing.com.ismmedia.com/ISM3/std-content/repos/Top/Fan%20Cost%20Index/NHL/NHL08-09.pdf. Even last year we had the highest average ticket cost for US based teams.

I signed up for season tickets in early March after enjoying my 12 game deal so much. I got very lucky price wise, but will likely not be able to re-up next year if the price increases take hold. (And before some clown blasts me for being a STH in general, know that it took many years and finally having a car that's paid off before I could afford such a luxury!)

A lot of goodwill may be quickly lost if the team does not perform well in the first half, which is very possible with Krejci and Kessel on the shelf. Let's hope for the best and hope that these increases are a one time event to cash in on the "Classic".

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFaninOntario. Show BruinsFaninOntario's posts

In Response to dear jacobs..i want to take my 4 yr old boy to a game!:
    [QUOTE]but because of your tix prices i cannot...i understand you can sell the tix to the suits..but its a shame..as a 33 yr old dad who has a 4yr old (named cam..after cam neely) that i cant take him to a game because i cant afford 171 per ticket to sit in loge and balcony seats are to high for is eyes (last yr he went and said he wants to sit down there) so between 2 good seat a souviner hat 2 hot dogs and soda and parking im looking at 400-500 about what i take home per week...i undestand mr jacobs you make alot more than 500 pr week but alot of people that truly love you team dont...i wish somehow u and the nhl woul realize this...i use to go see cam neely and bourque with my dad about 30 games a season back in early 90's when it was 40 bucks to sit in loge...and those moments with my dad taking it in watching cam are things you cant put a price tag on...id love to share  this with my son...but looks like u and the nhl are making that impossible.....why did we have a lockout again?   p.s mabye if you ever spent that kind of quality time with charlie you would undestand my point  
    Posted by bruins8[/QUOTE]

I feel your pain, but what is going on doesn't surprise me one bit. Sports are a business nowadays, first and foremost. With television contracts and salaries the way they are, the $ involved are in the domain of the super wealthy. At the end of the day, the ordinary fan (the guy who basically made the game what it is, I might add) gets bent over. Not right, but a predictable outcome when corporations rule. Not much you can do. Hopefully greed won't ruin the game, but it could happen. The Bruins will visit Toronto three times this year, but when it becomes a $400 night for my wife and I to go, I have to start saying "Pass". I'll be lucky to go once this year. And a playoff game? Ha! Dream on! I'll probably never get to one of those.

Good luck my friend. I hope you're able to take your son somehow someday soon.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

OldRaspy - Any chance you know of a table detailing highest, lowest, and median ticket prices?  That might be more informative than a simple average ticket price.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OldRaspy. Show OldRaspy's posts

[QUOTE]OldRaspy - Any chance you know of a table detailing highest, lowest, and median ticket prices?  That might be more informative than a simple average ticket price.
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

No, I don't have that info. However, the number most pertinent to this thread is the FCI-the average cost for a family of four to attend a game, eat, park, etc. Still the highest in the league. Obviously, it's not fair to compare that number to a market like the Hurricanes where the standard costs of living are less, but we are still higher than major market teams who have produced winners for years.    

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from raa5150. Show raa5150's posts

Unfortunately guys they don't give a s**t about us, never have and never will. And that my friends is what is wrong with professional sports.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

[QUOTE]However, the number most pertinent to this thread is the FCI-the average cost for a family of four to attend a game, eat, park, etc. [/QUOTE]
    I'm not sure I agree with this.  The average ticket price includes the most expensive tickets - and I don't think your average family will be getting those.  I would have prefered one based on the median ticket price.  Oh well.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenian1967. Show fenian1967's posts

The reason we had the lockout is so the owners can make even more money while the "EVIL" players drive up salaries with outrageous demands.

The lockout/CBA was not designed to save the poorer teams it was meant to make the richer teams/owners even richer.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsCupiN09. Show bruinsCupiN09's posts

its not only the prices that are going to blow, its also the fans. think about it a majority of the tickets will be bought by companies and used for promotional reasons instead of having true black and gold blooded bruins fans. this will effect how the players play because the fans at the garden have been such rowdy and energetic crowds will become less and less energetic until maybe playoff time. but im only in my teens still and i do feel the pain your going through. used to be a diehard sox fan but couldnt go because prices were way too high. overall it jus blows and we all can say that jeremy jacobs is a selfish son of a bit*ch

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

The child won't know the difference if you take him to a Providence Bruins game? Well, my nephew knew the difference at age 4, and so did my niece, so...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

A very sad post indeed but on closer review, Bruins8 is just as much a fraud as JJ.  Check out his post on another thread about JJ Having the right to raise prices, where he talks about his season tickets:

"yes the tix increase is for sure a very big jump....but you cant blame jacobs for doing this....the sox did it...look at the box seat prices now..same for pats...its supply and demand...so stop complaning if you cant afford it dont go...it stinks i had to split my season tickets to afford it.."

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kanes-Donuts. Show Kanes-Donuts's posts

you want a good team it costs money but more tickets for the rest of us i guess lol.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Murphy72Bs. Show Murphy72Bs's posts

Its funny that the players and owners can go into a lock out to get more money... but when it comes to advocacy for the fans there is no one!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

if u read my post my son cant get into the game in the upper balcony.. he asked to sit in loge which is well over 100 which no i cant afford 

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from choclab511. Show choclab511's posts

I understand the frustration, but that is the free market society we live in. People pay fair market value. If that value exceeds what many families can afford, well, that's the way the ole cookie crumbles. What do you want, the government to mandate that half of the tickets be sold at 10% of what they currently cost? Perhaps a sliding scale: ticket prices based on how much an individual can afford?

This city is one of the best places to live in for hockey and you don't need to drive to Providence to see it. NU, BC, BU and Harvard all have very good programs right now with a number of NHL-drafted players. They play exciting hockey and the crowds are always intense. There is also minor league hockey in Worcester, Springfield and Lowell. Playoffs? Just about every year the Frozen Four has a regional site somewhere in the area, and those games are fantastic.

Instead of bemoaning the ticket prices, perhaps this is a teaching opportunity for you and your son.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigjeezy. Show bigjeezy's posts

its not right but there are other ways you can sit in the balcony seats? you dont have to sit in the 130 dollar seats i myself am a working class citizen and  im lucky if i can even get to one game a year. now i dont think i can afford to go to one. there are also other ways to get there you can take the train also there theres alot of ways not to spend that much money but still very expensive

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beer-League-Goalie. Show Beer-League-Goalie's posts

Yes, there is lots of cheap, crappy local hockey to watch. It's not the NHL, but kids won't know the difference as long as they have a hotdog, a drink, popcorn and a foam finger they'll have a great time.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from abc12370003. Show abc12370003's posts

if tickets in the loge were $40, they would sell out the instant they went on sale, and you would be forced to pay some second party the pric JJ is asking in the first place.  He has a family section, and the P-bruins are not very far away.
    Supply and demand my friend, you see it at its best with the sox