DEAR MANAGEMENT, PLEASE B I T E ME

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shadowcpt. Show Shadowcpt's posts

Re: DEAR MANAGEMENT, PLEASE B I T E ME

Unfortunately the only way Jacobs is going to get the message is if attendance drops, which will probably happen and will be sad. Although I have not lived in Mass. for many years, I still follow our teams closely and it is sad to see the way the Jacobs runs the B's. The man has no real love for the game of hockey, when he talks about it - you can tell he doesn't know Jack **** about it, why he wants to run the Bruins is beyond me. With the Sox, Pats, and Celtics its clear that their ownerships loves their respective teams and appreciate the fans. But with Jacobs its an entirely different and disturbing feeling. God I wish he would put the B's up for sale.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kivvak. Show kivvak's posts

I agree that Bruins management really F@&%$#d up with ticket prices this year, But Please stop telling us how wonderful the Red Sox and Patriots are to the fans. They are soaking every last penny out of their fans as well. The only difference is that they won championships. You win in this city and fans will give you their first born just to watch a game and all of the owners know it. As bad as Jacobs is Kraft and Luchino are no better.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

First of all, Milbury, I think you might just be right about a lot of the people who bought tickets for resale. Business opportunity for scalpers and others, but that goes on in all sports. It's about speculation, as we know. How much do you think the team and its tickets will be worth, yada yada yada.

Kennedy, well said.

As for activism, including letters, phone calls, etc., that stuff doesn't always work, but whenever things are bad somewhere and something does end up getting done, it's usually at least in part because enough people complained.

It's just weak to think that we shouldn't be complaining, on the basis that other teams also charge a lot. Bad argument. There's a lot of cr ap in the world, and you don't just welcome it into your country or state just because there's worse going on elsewhere, do you?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from havelrstarm. Show havelrstarm's posts

In Response to Re: DEAR MANAGEMENT, PLEASE B I T E ME:
    I agree that Bruins management really F@&%$#d up with ticket prices this year, But Please stop telling us how wonderful the Red Sox and Patriots are to the fans. They are soaking every last penny out of their fans as well. The only difference is that they won championships. You win in this city and fans will give you their first born just to watch a game and all of the owners know it. As bad as Jacobs is Kraft and Luchino are no better.
    Posted by kivvak

kivvak, Do you realize that the Red Sox and Patriots both have the smallest seating capacity in thier sports? They have to squeeze every cent they can to be Championship contenders every single season. If the Bruins were a real Cup threat every season instead of just winning 1 playoff round every 10 years then people would put up with the rediculous prices, but as we all know this is not the case.

Jacobs should never even be put in the same sentence with Kraft and the Sox ownership.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonteaparty2. Show bostonteaparty2's posts

How about some political action?  Letters to the editor for starters, and perhaps a Globe writer will do a story on it.  Also other newspapers.  Then, put up placards around sports bars and the Garden itself, explaining and protesting.  Also a demonstration outside the Garden or ticket sales office would attract TV coverage.  Call in to radio talk shows.  Organize a BOYCOTT.  That will get attention.  Distribute fliers at public gatherings and at any sports events-- for instance the Sox.  Also distribute fliers to the state legislators.  Make Jacobs look bad however you can.  Embarrass him.  Compare his approach to the Red Sox approach, which many of you have commented on. Some of you are good writers and could come up with the text of the fliers-- catchy headlines etc. Don't take this insult lying down.  Get up, stand up for your rights.  You are the fans and support of the team.  I am a fan too but I live 700 miles away and DirecTV is my connection.  If I were still in the Boston area I would organize a PROTEST and BOYCOTT. Some of you can start by just doing some of the above.  But eventually it would be good to meet somewhere and ORGANIZE.   Go, true Bruins Fans !!!  
    Posted by CarolinaClamMan

CCM there is already a website devoted to that stuff www.PleaseSellTheBruins.com

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

Here here, havelrstarm.

I love my Bruins, but until they're good enough to be in the same class as the Pats & Red Sox, I wanna see sweat, blood, tears, hard work and a little freakin humility. From the suits.

In Response to Re: DEAR MANAGEMENT, PLEASE B I T E ME : kivvak, Do you realize that the Red Sox and Patriots both have the smallest seating capacity in thier sports? They have to squeeze every cent they can to be Championship contenders every single season. If the Bruins were a real Cup threat every season instead of just winning 1 playoff round every 10 years then people would put up with the rediculous prices, but as we all know this is not the case. Jacobs should never even be put in the same sentence with Kraft and the Sox ownership.
    Posted by havelrstarm

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

I'd  suggest trying stubhub.  They'll have plenty of inventory under face value.
    Posted by Gardensupporter

LOL, do you work behind the counter or does your boyfriend?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from vanoosten. Show vanoosten's posts

Try living in Toronto and seeing the prices up here. Your ticket prices are extremely low to begin with. Maybe they thought the Bruins would have some real fans since they started winning so they raised them a bit. But the world knows Boston fans are Bandwaggon Fans.  You whine more than any other fans in sports.

GET OVER IT. Pay up and see your Bruins. Maybe if you stopped whining about prices you'd go out and make more cash for fun stuff.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins13909. Show Bruins13909's posts

The higher ticket prices do s*ck, that is obvious. Unfortunately, I doubt the management team regrets it. They have sold well over the amount of season tickets then they did last season. Almost double. and they have sold more then double of the amount of tickets they did last year, two days after their availability.... 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I'll maintain that bRUINS are a 2-parade team: One parade when jacobs leaves; the other when the put it all together. Posted by BTownExpress

I would attend both of those in a heartbeat! However we are doomed the Jacobs family will hand this team down for generations just like the Steinbrenners will with the Stainkees!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonteaparty2. Show bostonteaparty2's posts

Try living in Toronto and seeing the prices up here. Your ticket prices are extremely low to begin with. Maybe they thought the Bruins would have some real fans since they started winning so they raised them a bit. But the world knows Boston fans are Bandwaggon Fans.  You whine more than any other fans in sports. GET OVER IT. Pay up and see your Bruins. Maybe if you stopped whining about prices you'd go out and make more cash for fun stuff.
    Posted by vanoosten

What are you talking about? Bruins ticket and concession prices are now #2 in the entire NHL

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

Try living in Toronto and seeing the prices up here. Your ticket prices are extremely low to begin with. Maybe they thought the Bruins would have some real fans since they started winning so they raised them a bit. But the world knows Boston fans are Bandwaggon Fans.  You whine more than any other fans in sports. GET OVER IT. Pay up and see your Bruins. Maybe if you stopped whining about prices you'd go out and make more cash for fun stuff.
    Posted by vanoosten

I lived there for many years, and I must say, you do sound like a Torontonian.

You missed the point here.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from crawfordcounty. Show crawfordcounty's posts

Maybe Jacobs tripled the ticket prices this season to pay Kessel? I mean Steve Begin...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chef09. Show Chef09's posts

One of the problems with Hockey is that the majority of the revenue still comes from butt$ in seats. There are some NFL teams that could survive if no none showed up for games for a whole season. The NHL has no real TV revenue stream to speak of: Thank Bettman and perhaps the fact that hockey is purely regional. Most of these owners are also footing the bill for the losses incurred by: Phoenix,Florida, Altlanta, Nashville and a couple others.Here in Vancouver people always say-"They bettter blah blah blah , or I'llget rid of my seasons tickets."There are about 2000 people on a waiting list to scoop those up.Supply and demand they can charge what they want here. I don't know if the B's can get away with the same crud though.I'm going to take my son to some Vancouver Giants games this year to see some future Looch's. More bang for the buck. I'll watch my B's on iffy low bandwidth internet streams.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RJbeefberger. Show RJbeefberger's posts

I feel bad for all the people who got conned into buying season tickets this year. What an awful waste of money at the 2nd highest ticket prices in the NHL

Sections
Shortcuts