Dear NESN

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DARVISH55. Show DARVISH55's posts

Dear NESN

Dear NESN,

When shooting Jack Edwards on an HD camera...PLEASE do not show his teeth. Its disgusting, I mean seriously you see it, we all see it. Who wants to look at that? Id rather see some former player with 5 teeth missing than a full set of ratty ones that have rotted to a nice 2 shades lower than Bricks orange spray tan glow. 

Thank you

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from epavao. Show epavao's posts

Re: Dear NESN

In Response to Dear NESN:
    [QUOTE]Dear NESN, When shooting Jack Edwards on an HD camera...PLEASE do not show his teeth. Its disgusting, I mean seriously you see it, we all see it. Who wants to look at that? Id rather see some former player with 5 teeth missing than a full set of ratty ones that have rotted to a nice 2 shades lower than Bricks orange spray tan glow.  Thank you
    Posted by DARVISH55[/QUOTE]

HIS TOOTH BRUSH HAS BLOWN A TIRE

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

and i thought there was something wrong with my t.v.

so much for HD

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

His toothbrush is NOT VIBRATING!!

His Dentist must have a BEE IN HIS BONNET!!

and the number one..

HE CLEANS HIS CLOCK!

...but not his teeth

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctbruin. Show ctbruin's posts

Did anyone hear the comment about how Milan ignored him "like a horsefly"? I had to stop watching because I can't take Jack Edwards anymore. NESN, are you listening? I'm a Bruins fan and I've stopped watching your broadcasts because the announcer is awful and annoying. NHL Network shows me what I need to see, and the radio broadcast is much more appealing. Maybe I'll just tell your sponsors.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from epavao. Show epavao's posts

In Response to Re: Dear NESN:
    [QUOTE]His toothbrush is NOT VIBRATING!! His Dentist must have a BEE IN HIS BONNET!! and the number one.. HE CLEANS HIS CLOCK! ...but not his teeth
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

now that was good

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

[QUOTE]Did anyone hear the comment about how Milan ignored him "like a horsefly"? I had to stop watching because I can't take Jack Edwards anymore. NESN, are you listening? I'm a Bruins fan and I've stopped watching your broadcasts because the announcer is awful and annoying. NHL Network shows me what I need to see, and the radio broadcast is much more appealing. Maybe I'll just tell your sponsors.
    Posted by ctbruin[/QUOTE]

You could always mute your TV.

Did anyone notice during one of last week's games (I don't know which one), Jack said the following:

"Stuart knocks him down like an executive desk toy!"  

If someone could please tell me what this means, that would be great.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from fireballer58. Show fireballer58's posts

I love how every time a Bruins player bumps into the other team's player and the guy like trips or brielfy falls over and Jack is like OHHHH WHAT A HIT HE CLEANED HIS CLOCK and then a Bruins player get laid out and he's like so and so loses an edge. hahahahaha

But seriously he has PUMPKIN TEETH !!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

[QUOTE]I love how every time a Bruins player bumps into the other team's player and the guy like trips or brielfy falls over and Jack is like OHHHH WHAT A HIT HE CLEANED HIS CLOCK and then a Bruins player get laid out and he's like so and so loses an edge. hahahahaha But seriously he has PUMPKIN TEETH !!!
    Posted by fireballer58[/QUOTE]

I am TimThomas-god and I wish you would stop saying that.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from closetightly. Show closetightly's posts

HIS TOOTH BRUSH GOT SENT DOWN THE RIVER

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Apparently Edwards never sees the reflection of his teeth OFF GLASS.

Edwards teeth are CAVEMAN DIRTY!

Edwards STICKS A FORK IN IT, his teeth are done!

Edwards has performed a GRAND LARCENY on dental hygene!

Edwards SAUCER PASSED his toothbrush out the window in 1993!

Edwards COCKS AND FIRES his toothbrush!

Edwards toothbrush was last seen in Gretzsky's office!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

Executive Desk Toys

Not to sound smart or anything, lest I be attacked for not being cool enough for hockey like ya know, but the exec desk toy is a physics concept.

Do a search for "Newton's Cradle" and you'll understand.

Juding from Jack's reference to scientific expressions, I'd say he studied physics.

Instead of making fun of him for not being dumb, or not being quite as dumb as most hockey fans, and before deciding to wear your lack of command of the English language on your sleeves by making fun of terms that exist even though you've never heard them, you should look them up. You'll learn something and then you can sound smart too!

ps. Making fun of people's teeth sounds like real smart too though!! Eeeehaww!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]Executive Desk Toys Not to sound smart or anything, lest I be attacked for not being cool enough for hockey like ya know, but the exec desk toy is a physics concept. Do a search for "Newton's Cradle" and you'll understand. Juding from Jack's reference to scientific expressions, I'd say he studied physics. Instead of making fun of him for not being dumb, or not being quite as dumb as most hockey fans, and before deciding to wear your lack of command of the English language on your sleeves by making fun of terms that exist even though you've never heard them, you should look them up. You'll learn something and then you can sound smart too! ps. Making fun of people's teeth sounds like real smart too though!! Eeeehaww!!
    Posted by BruinsUnite[/QUOTE]

He's a public figure and I have first amendment right to make fun of him in any way I choose.  I am sure you are aware of this right, (see Miller v California 1973 and of course Hustler Magazine v Falwell 1988).

As for Mr. Edwards intellectual prowess and vocabulary, I am certain that "fisticability" is not a word (he was referring to Mr. Thornton's pugilistic skills).

Given that his face appears frequently on television in front of our children, don't you think he should be setting a good dental hygiene example for them?  Isn't he encouraging poor dental hygiene amongst the Bruins youth?  The medical community has recognized that poor dental hygiene can cause other much more serious health problems.

I was not the one who mentioned the desk toy.  I am familiar with the phrases he  uses, but he has invented some of them himself.  He has used popular phrases, but out of their familiar context to describe certain actions in the hockey game.  I assume this is to amuse the listener, but I find it annoying as several other viewers have noted.

To summarize, I say Edwards suxx bad!

Thank you.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from gapc. Show gapc's posts

I think Edwards is a riot!  Granted he is over-the-top, but that doesn't bother me.  He brings enthusiasm to the broadcast, but I can certainly see how others might not find this as entertaining as I do.

Some of his cliches are unknown to me.  I coud have sworn I heard him use beaver paddle last year on more than 1 occasion.  Does anyone know what thsi is?  It sounds a little kinky to me.

My favorite is "He knocked him down like a dummy in a children's playground"  Not sure of this reference, but it made me laugh

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lereve77. Show lereve77's posts

Jack should go to CVS to get all the film developed off his teeth. 

you guys are laughs today!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobby774. Show bobby774's posts

I urge you to send an e-mail to fan relations department, to voice your displeasure in regards to Jack Edwards, i would suggest writing in a dignified manner so as to betaking seriously, I have done this and they say they'll conceder my concerns of this matter, but being one person I'm sure it was tossed. But if we can do things in numbers maybe they will at lease now there is an issue with their fans being turned off by this announcer.

fanrelations@bostonbruins.com

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyBruin. Show BradyBruin's posts

If I hear one more "under and over" during a fight I might snap, thankfully I'm going to Fridays game so I don't have to listen to him.
    Its embarassing watching NHL on the FLY and listening to Edwards during highlights, guy is brutal.. of course watching NHL on the FLY you realize he actually is NOT the worst out there, so I'm thankful for that on this Thanksgiving.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DARVISH55. Show DARVISH55's posts

[QUOTE]Executive Desk Toys Not to sound smart or anything, lest I be attacked for not being cool enough for hockey like ya know, but the exec desk toy is a physics concept. Do a search for "Newton's Cradle" and you'll understand. Juding from Jack's reference to scientific expressions, I'd say he studied physics. Instead of making fun of him for not being dumb, or not being quite as dumb as most hockey fans, and before deciding to wear your lack of command of the English language on your sleeves by making fun of terms that exist even though you've never heard them, you should look them up. You'll learn something and then you can sound smart too! ps. Making fun of people's teeth sounds like real smart too though!! Eeeehaww!!
    Posted by BruinsUnite[/QUOTE]

Guy, you need to relax. You questioning the integrity of this forum because it discusses the horror of Jack Edwards' teeth, just makes me sick. Not because of what you're saying, but because I'm forced to relive the horror of seeing them in my mind. Have you seen them?! Tell me sir, HAVE YOU SEEN JACK EDWARDZIZZIZZ TEETH

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I thought this board was about as ridiculous as it could get.

Then I see this.

Is there anyone out there over the age of 8?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

[QUOTE]As for Mr. Edwards intellectual prowess and vocabulary, I am certain that "fisticability" is not a word (he was referring to Mr. Thornton's pugilistic skills).
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]
    It's fistic ability.  Two words.  From dictionary.com:  fist-ic: adj.  Of or relating to boxing or fighting with the fists.

Jack Edwards' vocabulary /> yours.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulmend. Show paulmend's posts

Damn I thought it was just me that noticed the teeth thing! LOL!
    I will play along with this game a little, On Edwards' tooth brush...I guess it was "intentionally wide" of his mouth!

I had to add that one...I hate it every time this year when a player misses the net, Bruins or oposistion, he says, "________ Shoots intentionally wide. C'mon JACK GUYS MISS THE NET, not always on purpose, just ask Dennis WIDE-MAN!

While we are on the topic of wide shots, Andwew Ference might be in second place behind Dennis.

But I don't hate Edwards. Maybe it's because I am a Bruins fan, but NESN is much better to watch then a lot of other team's broadcasts. Here in FL with the NHL Center Ice package, I get to hear other teams a lot. For example the Blues telecast the other night was awful...on Wheeler's goal the announcer took a while to identify which player scored. I always hate Buffalo's as well! A good away telecast is the Lightning's announcers. Everytime the Bruins play Tampa I get the local broadcast and the 2 guys are very informative of both teams.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Well, Compared to some of the other announcers out there. I'll take Jack & his teeth any day! Jack had a lot of admiration for the late Great Danny Gallivan of HNIC & he made up a lot of crazy words, but they really were made up by him. Like cannonalizing shot, schilating save! When it was brought to Danny's attention that these were not actually words. Danny's reply "Well...They are now!" One of the greatest ever Danny was. I like Jack's passion behind his calls. "This building is vibrating!"

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from STFU-Yankee-fans. Show STFU-Yankee-fans's posts

GET OVER IT.