Define elite hockey player ----> BRAD BOYES!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Define elite hockey player ----> BRAD BOYES!!!!

It's been 38 years since there's been a Stanley cup in Boston and I am SICK TO DEATH of waiting.

The only thing that can cure my sickness is a STANLEY CUP.

NOW is not soon enough!!!

ONLY SHEEP and LEMMINGS want a Stanley Cup this YEAR!

Go ahead and be delusional, but the Bruins MUST win the 2008-2009 Stanley Cup and the only guy who can make it happen is BRAD BOYES.

Scoring goals is the most difficult thing to do in hockey, everyone knows that.

The Bruins traded for Wideman and then that became Horton, so the trade is really Boyes for Horton.  And you can't compare Boyes to Horton this year, because that's not what the trade was for.

To be fair about it, you have to compare Boyes 08-09 season (72 pts) to Horton's 08-09 season where Horton only got 45 pts.

PC is an idiot!  He traded a PROVEN 50 goal scorer for a guy who did not even get 15 goals that year????  True, the stats say that Horton got 22 that year, but 7 do not count because they were EN, easy or fluke goals.

Boyes is a PROVEN 50 goal scorer because he got 43 goals on a TERRIBLE BLUES team.

If he were playing for the Bruins that year, he would have gotten 60 goals.

In 4 playoff games Boyes scored 2 goals and an assist.

I will START 2 or 3 threads every day about how GREAT Brad Boyes is until the Bruins finally win the 2008-2009 Stanley Cup.

TRUE - I might tick everyone off by being disturbingly obsessed with Brad Boyes, but I won't quit until the Bruins win the 2008-2009 Cup and EVERYONE admits that Boyes is great and we should have had him on the team then.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: Define elite hockey player ----> BRAD BOYES!!!!

Since I am a lifelong Bruins fan I sure hope the Bruins can win the 2008-2009 Stanley Cup, but I don't see how they can without a PURE GOAL scorer like BRAD BOYES.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

(Name and avatar is not correct.  I am really Broons8)

Excellent post BadHab!!!

When will these idiots realize that PC is a fool and we need to win the 2008-2009 Cup!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDecision. Show TheDecision's posts

You do know Horton is on pace for 50 goals and 41 assists...good for 91 points?

I think that's a little better than Boyes...who is only on pace for 36 points?

Oh, and Horton is 4 years younger...so you really want Boyes?  Wow...sweet post man

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

(Name and avatar is not correct.  I am really polo2020)

exlnt pst bdhad u knw ur sht.  ur w.ut a dbt th mst knlable fn n th wld n mbe th unvrs.

scrng gls s th nmb on thng n hcky.

nly thng tht cn wn oh-ate-oh-nin cup is brd bys!!!!!

go brns!!!  go brns!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDecision. Show TheDecision's posts

I think you should go seek mental help..because your attempt at being funny has failed epically

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Define elite hockey player ----> BRAD BOYES!!!!:
    You do know Horton is on pace for 50 goals and 41 assists...good for 91 points? I think that's a little better than Boyes...who is only on pace for 36 points? Oh, and Horton is 4 years younger...so you really want Boyes?  Wow...sweet post man
    Posted by TheDecision

So what!!!  So what if he gets 100 goals this year????

How is that supposed to win us the 2008-2009 cup????

When will you people get it????

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I think you should go seek mental help..because your attempt at being funny has failed epically
    Posted by TheDecision

Not trying to be funny at all.

NOTHING comical intended whatsoever.

Making a point.

That 2008-2009 is IRRELAVANT to the roster we have now.

And that going on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on about a player that we had in 2008-2009 is IRRELAVANT.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Nice post Badhab ! While we're in the mood for impersonating I have one for you .

It's about heart, grit and character ! And those are all in the DNA. AND you're 1000000000000000000000 % correct . You might want to consider taking that post down OR ELSE .

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

chowdah is looking for a beating !
    BadHab, don't worry the Pats game starts in about 1hour.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

chowdah is looking for a beating ! BadHab, don't worry the Pats game starts in about 1hour.
    Posted by BsLegion

Tough guys sometimes fight the wrong guy !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ff1YAq_neb0

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

LOL great thread  Bad Hab :)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Define elite hockey player ----> BRAD BOYES!!!!:
    It's been 38 years since there's been a Stanley cup in Boston and I am SICK TO DEATH of waiting. The only thing that can cure my sickness is a STANLEY CUP . NOW is not soon enough!!! ONLY SHEEP and LEMMINGS want a Stanley Cup this YEAR ! Go ahead and be delusional, but the Bruins MUST win the 2008-2009 Stanley Cup and the only guy who can make it happen is BRAD BOYES . Scoring goals is the most difficult thing to do in hockey, everyone knows that. The Bruins traded for Wideman and then that became Horton, so the trade is really Boyes for Horton.  And you can't compare Boyes to Horton this year, because that's not what the trade was for. To be fair about it, you have to compare Boyes 08-09 season (72 pts) to Horton's 08-09 season where Horton only got 45 pts. PC is an idiot!  He traded a PROVEN 50 goal scorer for a guy who did not even get 15 goals that year ????  True, the stats say that Horton got 22 that year, but 7 do not count because they were EN, easy or fluke goals. Boyes is a PROVEN 50 goal scorer because he got 43 goals on a TERRIBLE BLUES team. If he were playing for the Bruins that year, he would have gotten 60 goals. In 4 playoff games Boyes scored 2 goals and an assist . I will START 2 or 3 threads every day about how GREAT Brad Boyes is until the Bruins finally win the 2008-2009 Stanley Cup. TRUE - I might tick everyone off by being disturbingly obsessed with Brad Boyes, but I won't quit until the Bruins win the 2008-2009 Cup and EVERYONE admits that Boyes is great and we should have had him on the team then.
    Posted by BadHabitude

And let's not forget about the Bruins trading a proven star in Barry Pederson for an unknown named Cam Neely and a stupid draft pick(turned out to be Glen Wesley).Imagine all of the cups Boston missed out on by acquiring those 2 bums for Pederson.Maybe management should just start listening to the smartest fans like us if they want to win.....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

No chance that I'll get thru to some of these dense morons, but I had to try to make my point.

You can't look at goals alone.

The past is gone.  Over.  Done with.

Based upon the way that SEVERAL people thought - Boyes was going to be a 50 goals scorer no problem.

You can't pick the years to compare players on some arbitrary basis.  The whole idea of the trade was for Seguin THIS year is outright preposterous.  Why not last year?

*IF*
    if this.  if that.  if something else.
    hey, if I fought my first wife better in my divorce I'd be retired right now.
    if I made ONE right decision I would have gotten a full sports scholarship.

if if if if if - counts for nothing.  43 goals does not equal 50.  30 something goals does not equal 40.

This is the best Bruins start since I can remember.  They are looking awesome NOW.  Literally yesterday.  Yet some people want to harp on the past.

The Bruins DID NOT win the Stanley Cup in 2008-2009 with the line up they had then - that is a fact.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

way to give them what they want badhab
    Posted by pbergeron37

Not one moron posted to this thread yet.  That's a success so far.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Define elite hockey player ---- /> BRAD BOYES!!!! : Not one moron posted to this thread yet.  That's a success so far.
    Posted by BadHabitude

Thanks BadHab.It really feels good when someone tells me I'm not a moron.I tell people all the time that I'm not a moron but do they listen?Maybe if I say the same thing over and over again for a thousand posts people will get how smart I am.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Define elite hockey player ---- /> BRAD BOYES!!!! : And let's not forget about the Bruins trading a proven star in Barry Pederson for an unknown named Cam Neely and a stupid draft pick(turned out to be Glen Wesley).Imagine all of the cups Boston missed out on by acquiring those 2 bums for Pederson.Maybe management should just start listening to the smartest fans like us if they want to win.....
    Posted by dezaruchi

That's actually quite a good analogy.  A really good one.
    Pederson was close to 50 goals a couple of years and 40 once.

When it was immediately evident that Neely was the superior player, at least the Pederson lovers knew enough to shut up.

Neely never cracked 100 pts in his career and Pederson did it twice.

If it were these people today they would STILL be arguing that Pederson would have been better if he was playing for the Bruins rather than a weak Canucks team.

And I was going to say that Wesley was just gravy in the deal, but the gravy had a ribeye steak in it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Define elite hockey player ---- /> BRAD BOYES!!!! : That's actually quite a good analogy.  A really good one. Pederson was close to 50 goals a couple of years and 40 once. When it was immediately evident that Neely was the superior player, at least the Pederson lovers knew enough to shut up. Neely never cracked 100 pts in his career and Pederson did it twice. If it were these people today they would STILL be arguing that Pederson would have been better if he was playing for the Bruins rather than a weak Canucks team. And I was going to say that Wesley was just gravy in the deal, but the gravy had a ribeye steak in it.
    Posted by BadHabitude

People have to realize that if you expect a good return in a trade you have to usually give up something good.Nobody's going to trade you a Jaguar for a K-car but some fans expect it.Oh well,the Bruins look awesome so far so I'm happy.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

WOW badhab lets have a beer and watch the 2010 Bs get to where you want them.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

Great thread Badhab.  I love it and will be looking forward to your next one and next one and next one and next one.  It too bad this will go right over their heads.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Bd Hb,
    ur thinkin ur fnny bt yr not...I run a 5th percentile cmpny and noone cmplains when I typ my cmpny memos like this....the yeer that Boyes scored 50, not only wr they gols fr another team, you hav to subtract those from the bruns. but it's ok cuz you just liv in yr moms basment. tell yr mom i said hi

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Bd Hb, ur thinkin ur fnny bt yr not...I run a 5th percentile cmpny and noone cmplains when I typ my cmpny memos like this....the yeer that Boyes scored 50, not only wr they gols fr another team, you hav to subtract those from the bruns. but it's ok cuz you just liv in yr moms basment. tell yr mom i said hi
    Posted by seobrien

Priceless.  Not that often someone can get me laughing out loud.
    Funny none of those guys are reading this thread or any other thread without their blow up doll hero in them.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Bd Hb, ur thinkin ur fnny bt yr not...I run a 5th percentile cmpny and noone cmplains when I typ my cmpny memos like this....the yeer that Boyes scored 50, not only wr they gols fr another team, you hav to subtract those from the bruns. but it's ok cuz you just liv in yr moms basment. tell yr mom i said hi
    Posted by seobrien

he never scored 50

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Define elite hockey player ---- /> BRAD BOYES!!!! : he never scored 50
    Posted by dezaruchi

get with the program.  New math.  36 equals 40 and it's proven that it should be 50.

Should not trouble you that 43 equals 50.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

Well done all around. 

Sections
Shortcuts