Devils look horrible, Pittsburg dropping down a notch or two, Buffalo in trouble....Bruins at least 2nd best in the East

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

Devils look horrible, Pittsburg dropping down a notch or two, Buffalo in trouble....Bruins at least 2nd best in the East

Nice win for the Bruins.  I didn't think NJ would take them, especially on the tail end of a back-to-back.

Based on what I've seen early in the season.
    NJ is in a lot of trouble.  The Kovey deal will go down as one of the worst moves for that franchise.  Brodeur looking his age and very normal.  Over the cap and have to make some disperation moves.  No picks, no talent in the minors.
    This could be the beginning of a long slide.

Pittsburg doesn't look dominant outside of Malkin and Crosby.  Although they should be better when Staal returns, I think Fleury is too shaky in net and their defense looks suspect

Buffalo doesn't look good at all.  Myers is leading the league in giveaways and minus rating.  Seems like many defencemen run into sophmore jinks.  They will live and die with Miller, and so far he hasn't been dominant like last year.

Montreal doesn't look scary at all.

Can't really figure Philly out yet, but they look very beatable.

I still like Washington, but Boston has to be favored to at least win their division and 2nd overall in the conference.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Re: Devils look horrible, Pittsburg dropping down a notch or two, Buffalo in trouble....Bruins at least 2nd best in the East

I'm not willing to make any solid predictions this early...

but the Leafs have looked better than anyone in the East!

Washington, Philly and Montreal have looked very good too.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtassinarisoccer. Show jtassinarisoccer's posts

Re: Devils look horrible, Pittsburg dropping down a notch or two, Buffalo in trouble....Bruins at least 2nd best in the East

Dude...they've played 3 games.  Chill out.
    Remember last year??? Bruins fans are in NO POSITION to jump the gun...ever!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Jtass, it's a pretty reasoned assessment and I'm sure LHR is objective (amazing by Leaf Fans' standards ;) and basing their opinions on what they've seen to date (of which I agree on all three points). Can't argue much of the post.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

Washington doesnt scare me at all. It will be the same story with them. 110-20 points in the regular season then lose in the first round of the playoffs.

If Philly can stay healthy, I think they take the Atlnatic and a top 3 seed in the playoffs.

I like how the Bruins look so far. Montreal and Buffalo don't look like last year. The Habs traded the wrong goalie IMO.

I think a sleeper team that is getting no respect is the Islanders. I think Tavares will have a breakout sophomore season just like Stamkos last year. Nino N could make a run at the calder. They have started out strong

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

After last nights win, Boston I think is a top 3 team in the east

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid. Show Chowdahkid's posts

"Bruins are at least second best in conference"

Ok so the Bruins will finish #1 or #2 in the East. Great.

Someone please remind me what happened the last 3 or 4 times the Bruins finished #1 or #2 in the conference...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid. Show Chowdahkid's posts

In Response to Re: Devils look horrible, Pittsburg dropping down a notch or two, Buffalo in trouble....Bruins at least 2nd best in the East:
    "Typical Bruin fan apologist just happy to make it to the second round!  Yay!  They won one round!  Idiot."  I like to think of it as understanding that building a team with a legitimate shot at winning takes time, adversity, and luck.  But then, I actually think. 
    Posted by Bookboy007

Yup so you've been thinking the same thing for the past 18 years eh

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Devils look horrible, Pittsburg dropping down a notch or two, Buffalo in trouble....Bruins at least 2nd best in the East:
    Ah...the Tass Troll and the name copying troll.  They must share an alarm that goes off every time someone on this board posts something optimistic, causing them to quickly switch their underwear to the outside of their pants, tuck a towel into the neck of their underoos and rush to their computers. Soccerboy, you win the award as the trolliest of trolls.  You want to take pot shots at the Bruins and provoke Bruin fans, well, that's one thing, but your posts are almost always personal shots against other posters with absolutely no attempt to talk the sport.  Name-copying troll deserves more respect even though the name-copying thing is the most infantile of trolling strategies.  So I'll answer his question - the last time the Bruins came 1st in the East, they broke through and won a playoff round for the first time in a decade, and took the second round to the limit - OT in game 7.  Historically, this sort of encouraging but ultimately failed bid for a Cup when you're a favorite is an invaluable learning experience for a young team - and the Bruins, with many core players under 25 are a young team that is learning from adversity.  Now, here, you like imitations so I'll imitate you "Typical Bruin fan apologist just happy to make it to the second round!  Yay!  They won one round!  Idiot."  I like to think of it as understanding that building a team with a legitimate shot at winning takes time, adversity, and luck.  But then, I actually think. 
    Posted by Bookboy007

Book, now I don't feel so bad about being drawn into responding to these people, you just got gamed again, just like I have.

These people (or this person) is reasonably skilled at being a vandal, that's all they can do in life.  Clearly not intelligent, not even intelligent enough to change the insults, just change the wording of the insults, that's all.

There must be a web site with the troll instructions.  You just have to know a few facts and then just deny or change the rest.  Even better, claim you are a fan and then say nothing but disparaging things and claim your sincerity all the while.

That's all they got.  Limited vocbulary.  Limited facts.  Limited hockey knowledge.  And derive pleasure from annoying people.  Social deviants.

They know that sincere posts are composed of more than 2 sentences and expose vulnerability.  On the flip side of the coin, that vulnerability is easily exploited - a child can do it.  "I like vanilla ice cream."  "only stoopits who have no lives like vanilla ice cream."

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LeafFan. Show LeafFan's posts

Myers led the entire NHL in giveaways last year too but no one seemed to notice. The kid is horrendous defensively. He isn't the future mltiple Norris winner many claim. He needs to drastically improve his defensive play.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

Myers led the entire NHL in giveaways last year too but no one seemed to notice. The kid is horrendous defensively. He isn't the future mltiple Norris winner many claim. He needs to drastically improve his defensive play.
    Posted by LeafFan

agreed. Doughty is the future multiple norris winner, not Myers

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from carloaz. Show carloaz's posts

...anyway you're right, the Bruins look great (even w/o Savard). I have to admit I didn't think they would start out with such fight in their game. I think the addition of the young guys (Seguin, Caron and Marchand) is great medicine for the lethargic play we sometimes saw last season. If you look at the big picture, this team is built to win. Sure I'd like to see the Cup in Boston every year, but there are many of variables involved. I think if they stay relatively injury free, this team is a contender. BO BRUINS GO!!!!!! Thank God hockey is back!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Washington doesnt scare me at all. It will be the same story with them. 110-20 points in the regular season then lose in the first round of the playoffs. If Philly can stay healthy, I think they take the Atlnatic and a top 3 seed in the playoffs. I like how the Bruins look so far.

Montreal and Buffalo don't look like last year. The Habs traded the wrong goalie IMO. I think a sleeper team that is getting no respect is the Islanders. I think Tavares will have a breakout sophomore season just like Stamkos last year. Nino N could make a run at the calder. They have started out strong Posted by screw-cindy-and-ovie

Good call on Washington they do the same win the East with the best record but their goaltending will fail them again during the playoffs.

Buffalo looks terrible and are going nowhere fast agreed. Montreal impressed me last night in their comeback but they cannot take the Bruins in a 7 game series. Ottawa will make the playoffs but their goaltending is shaky.

Good assessment on Islanders they are fast with ol friend Jurcina having 2 goals last night. Watch out for Hotlanta they wooped San Jose last night in California. Oh back to earth for Yzerman's moves for Tampa got blanked by Florida 6-0!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

I think with Savard back & healthy, we can take Washington. With 91 his old self, and barring any other significant injuries, I think we can take on anyone...San Jose, Wash, Pitts, Detroit, Chicago, Vancouver, you name 'em. The Bruins are as good as anyone. Not saying we'll win the Cup, because there's always a bit of luck involved, peaking at the right time, etc, but the Bruins are capable of knocking anyone off, and that includes Ovechkin's Capitals.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Not to knock Savvy, and sincerely hope he can return to full health, but, if the Bruins continue to play as well as they showed, where do you fit savvy? I know he could slide into the Seguin slot, and put Seguin on his or some other wing, but who goes? Only possible so far is Wheeler, who might go when Sturm comes back. Most of us thought that Ryder was gone, but, look at how he is responding to the challenge. Ok, it's too soon, so let's see where we go from here

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Not to knock Savvy, and sincerely hope he can return to full health, but, if the Bruins continue to play as well as they showed, where do you fit savvy? I know he could slide into the Seguin slot, and put Seguin on his or some other wing, but who goes? Only possible so far is Wheeler, who might go when Sturm comes back. Most of us thought that Ryder was gone, but, look at how he is responding to the challenge. Ok, it's too soon, so let's see where we go from here
    Posted by Bogie6

Deal the Wheels.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 306bruinsfan. Show 306bruinsfan's posts

It'll be really interesting to see how the next few weeks work out.  I've really liked what I've seen from the Bruins in the past two games.  Game 1 still has me worried though as it reminds me of the Jekyll and Hyde team from last season.  Let's hope that doesn't happen again.

I think the scoring issue has been solved for the Bruins.  The new issue, from what I've seen, is the breakout.  The first game was especially poor in that respect.  That and the PP, obviously.  It was abysmal again last night against NJ.  they couldn't hold the zone at all.

As far as divisional competition, sadly, the Leafs look like the biggest threat thus far.  We'll see how that holds up.  I really don't think they have a ton of talent but there appears to be lots of chemisty, especially on their top line.

I think Ottawa will start to come on more strongly in the next couple of weeks.  Their biggest issue is goaltending.  Pascal Leclaire getting injured again does not help.

Montreal... Price < Halak.  Although I can't really say that with any substance having not yet seen a St. Louis Blues game this year.  Time will tell but it sure seemed like a bad choice when it was first announced.

Beyond the NE Division, I've hardly seen any hockey at all other than Edmonton and Calgary.  Neither will compete.  Both are fairly awful.  Edmonton's young guns sure are fun to watch though.  The one thing I've noticed, though, is that I like Seguin's game more than Hall's.  I think he'll be a better player overall.  The hockey IQ is much higher with Seguin, or so it seems.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 306bruinsfan. Show 306bruinsfan's posts

Do you really think that the Bruins can beat the Habs in the playoffs? If yes,You have short memories
    Posted by BlueChip99

Does it really matter what teams in the past have done?  Is Ken Dryden still playing for the Habs?  The answer to both of those questions is no.  Maybe if Halak was resigned I'd be worried about a playoff matchup against Montreal, but with Price between the pipes I'd look foward to it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

And the original post is gone - or we'd have to go back to the late 80s and say since 1988, who has won more of the head-to-head series?  That would be the Bruins - 6-4.

Habs fans must be getting a little worried that the glory days are receding into the mists - gettin' close to 20 years since they won an improbable one.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

Habs fans must be getting a little worried that the glory days are receding into the mists - gettin' close to 20 years since they won an improbable one.
    Posted by Bookboy007

Maybe. But we're not worried about what fans whose team has had precious few glory days at all are saying! Wink

Wink
    Montreal's had a decent enough start, as has Boston and Toronto. I don't think we should be crowning any Northeast Division champions yet.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

In Response to Re: Devils look horrible, Pittsburg dropping down a notch or two, Buffalo in trouble....Bruins at least 2nd best in the East : Maybe. But we're not worried about what fans whose team has had precious few glory days at all are saying! Montreal's had a decent enough start, as has Boston and Toronto. I don't think we should be crowning any Northeast Division champions yet.
    Posted by Kennedy97

Then why are you here? I do understand the fact that Montreal has a successful franchise with 24 cups, but they are going no place fast in the new world of hockey. You must have been very bitter watching the Bruins lay the broom to the Habbies on their 100yr celebration in their own rink. The Bruins may never win 24 cups but in MY OPINION they are closer to glory than Montreal. Bob Gainey was like Rick Moranis except he shrunk the Habs.

Cheers to the rivalry and may it heat up. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

In Response to Re: Devils look horrible, Pittsburg dropping down a notch or two, Buffalo in trouble....Bruins at least 2nd best in the East : Then why are you here? I do understand the fact that Montreal has a successful franchise with 24 cups, but they are going no place fast in the new world of hockey. You must have been very bitter watching the Bruins lay the broom to the Habbies on their 100yr celebration in their own rink. The Bruins may never win 24 cups but in MY OPINION they are closer to glory than Montreal. Bob Gainey was like Rick Moranis except he shrunk the Habs. Cheers to the rivalry and may it heat up. 
    Posted by lucicfan

Because I live in New England, see lots of Bruins games, and like to talk hockey. And I don't hate the Bruins; in fact, I have a lot of respect for the franchise.

That answer your question, Kemosabe?

And how do you know the Habs "are going noplace" in the new world of hockey? The same way we all knew the Bruins were going to win the Eastern Conference last year, and finish 13th the year before? The only thing certain about the new NHL is that teams can rise and fall with amazing rapidity.

Here's to the rivalry. And your wishful thinking.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

Folks, wouldn't between the first 15-20 games of the season be a more accurate measuring stick than the first 3 or so?  Nothing wrong with a little forecasting but perhaps more of the "dust" will have settled by then.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

In Response to Re: Devils look horrible, Pittsburg dropping down a notch or two, Buffalo in trouble....Bruins at least 2nd best in the East : Because I live in New England, see lots of Bruins games, and like to talk hockey. And I don't hate the Bruins; in fact, I have a lot of respect for the franchise. That answer your question, Kemosabe? And how do you know the Habs "are going noplace" in the new world of hockey? The same way we all knew the Bruins were going to win the Eastern Conference last year, and finish 13th the year before? The only thing certain about the new NHL is that teams can rise and fall with amazing rapidity. Here's to the rivalry. And your wishful thinking.
    Posted by Kennedy97

you are right, I dont know that the Habs are going nowhere. I was thinking about Carey Price instead of Halak and I jumped the gun. Infact I think Carey can be a great goaltender but he probabaly has to get out of Montreal to do it. The fans treat him like garbage and it doesnt help with his confidence.

Good point about teams rising and falling I do agree, and it is occuring more often. Sometimes I just talk out of spite, I have no disrespect towards the Habs organization what so ever. I read here almost everyday and you are a knowledgable poster for the most part, but you are defending an enemy on its rivals turf, because you live in New England and follow the Bruins I now understand why you are here.

No hard feelings?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In Response to Re: Devils look horrible, Pittsburg dropping down a notch or two, Buffalo in trouble....Bruins at least 2nd best in the East : Maybe. But we're not worried about what fans whose team has had precious few glory days at all are saying! Posted by Kennedy97

And yet...here you are!  Making sure the point doesn't pass without comment!  Habs fans cling pretty tight to a history many of them aren't old enough to remember.

Sections
Shortcuts