Did Globe's KPD claim Savard willing to waive NTC for HABS

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxx. Show mxx's posts

Did Globe's KPD claim Savard willing to waive NTC for HABS

Has anyone heard KDP say Savard is willing to waive NTC for Habs, I hate the idea of moving Savvy--Spector claimimg this came from KPD.

I can't think of a worse place to send him! He would haunt Bs for years as a hab!  I hope the trade Savvy talk is all just more fan forum BS than a real thought on Chia's mind.   If Chia is really thinking of trading a guy he just signed to a great contract and the best pnt produced we have had in years, then Chia has some head problems and if he is sent to the Habs, well then Chia needs medication!

One has to question why Chia would sigh TT and Savvy and then start trying to unload them before thier new contracts even start---what the heck is that stratgy. If that's true, then it's not unreasonably for one to think Chia may be a little meesed up. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

Re: Did Globe's KPD claim Savard willing to waive NTC for HABS

Doesn't Savard have 5 teams on his list that he's willing to be traded to?  No need to trade him to a division rival.  I've heard that Calgary might be one of those teams, which would be nice, because the Bruins practically never play them.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Sportsnet just reported Savard's choice is Toronto or Ottawa

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

Montreal would be an amazing place to play hockey. If I were a professional hockey player, Montreal would be high on the list.

No sense denying it, just ask players in the league. They get goosebumps during regular season games. The place is like no other in hockey. Don't tell me I was the only one that saw empty seats at the TD Bank North garden during the playoffs.

I wouldn't get down on Savard for saying he wants to play there

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

In Response to Re: Did Globe's KPD claim Savard willing to waive NTC for HABS:
    Sportsnet just reported Savard's choice is Toronto or Ottawa
    Posted by mattbs

I've heard that too, but if he has already made a list of 5 teams he's willing to go to, can't the Bruins trade him to one of those other three teams?  Honestly, that was my understanding of his NTC, but I have no clue.  No one has been able to explain his contract very well.

That being said, the Leafs don't sound like a good trading partner for the Bruins.  They would need to include Kadri/Bozak AND Schenn for me to even consider a deal with Toronto.  As for Ottawa, I've always wanted to see Alfredsson in a B's uniform.  Michalek wouldn't be that bad either, but they would need to include a good prospect (Cowen) or the rights to Volchenkov.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxx. Show mxx's posts

I'm not down on Savvy at all.

I like him right here on the Bs setting his teammates. I'm more questiong Chia on this matter. I'll be real confused about what's in Chia's head if he signs a pnt producer to a cap friendly contract and then ships him to the Habs before the 1st day the contract starts. What the heck does that say about Chia GM skills.

Also wanted to see if you all heard that KPD said Montreal was a team on Savvys list.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

I'm not down on Savvy at all.   I like him right here on the Bs setting his teammates. I'm more questiong Chia on this matter.
    Posted by mxx

yeah you're right, my b. I kinda twisted what you were saying.

I posted on another thread that MSNBC reported (or re-tweeted) that Savy wanted Toronto, Montreal or Ottawa

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

I'm not down on Savvy at all.   I like him right here on the Bs setting his teammates. I'm more questiong Chia on this matter. I'll be real confused about what's in Chia's head if he signs a pnt producer to a cap friendly contract and then ships him to the Habs before the 1st day the contract starts. What the heck does that say about Chia GM skills. Also wanted to see if you all heard that KPD said Montreal was a team on Savvys list.
    Posted by mxx

Supposedly KPD's report is a bunch of cr_p.  "Multiple sources have told me Marc Savard naming Montreal as place he'd accept a trade is completely innacurate. Not sure where it came from."

http://twitter.com/hackswithhaggs

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

Toronto Sun is reporting...

THIS N’ THAT
    : It didn’t go down Saturday but the Bruins are working on a deal involving Marc Savard. He is going to have to waive his complicated “no move” clause before he goes anywhere, however, Savard isn’t likely going to kill a trade so the Bruins don’t have any worries. The Coyotes, Rangers, Thrashers and Leafs are all looking for help at centre. Savard has Montreal, Toronto and Ottawa on his list of preferred destinations this season ..

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

What I really what to know is, can Savard waive his NTC for individual teams, besides the 5 he has already listed?  Since he has already listed Montreal, Toronto, Ottawa, etc. the Bruins can trade him to those teams.  But what if the Coyotes (just an example) have a good proposal for the B's?  If PC approaches Savard and he's O.K. with going to Phoenix, can the trade still be made?

I would love an answer to this question, because it seems few people actually know the fine-print behind Savard's NTC.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bs2010. Show bs2010's posts

What I really what to know is, can Savard waive his NTC for individual teams, besides the 5 he has already listed?  Since he has already listed Montreal, Toronto, Ottawa, etc. the Bruins can trade him to those teams.  But what if the Coyotes (just an example) have a good proposal for the B's?  If PC approaches Savard and he's O.K. with going to Phoenix, can the trade still be made? I would love an answer to this question, because it seems few people actually know the fine-print behind Savard's NTC.
    Posted by TimThomas-god

My understanding is that he can go anywhere he wants. So yes he could go to phoenix. Right now he has said the bruins can send him to either ottawa or toronto without getting his permission. On july 1st they can also send him to chicago montreal or philly. Then next year 5 more teams are added to that list. I think its tampa,florida, washington pitt and atl. Then the following year they can move him to any eastern confrence team. Then finally the next year he can go anywhere in the NHL I believe.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I don't remember where I read it, probably on some stupid iPhone app, but it made me laugh.  It said something like, "Marc Savard has agreed to waive his NTC to go to Toronto, Ottawa or Chicago.  The problem is, none of those teams want him."

I can understand Savard wanting to go to Montreal.  I would be floored if it happened.  I think the last Montreal/Boston trade was Jeff Hackett in the threeway deal with San Jose with McLaren and Jillson.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

I don't remember where I read it, probably on some stupid iPhone app, but it made me laugh.  It said something like, "Marc Savard has agreed to waive his NTC to go to Toronto, Ottawa or Chicago.  The problem is, none of those teams want him." I can understand Savard wanting to go to Montreal.  I would be floored if it happened.  I think the last Montreal/Boston trade was Jeff Hackett in the threeway deal with San Jose with McLaren and Jillson.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Yeah, I don't see a Boston-Montreal deal happening either.  It s_cks that Cammalleri is on the Habs, because he would be a great fit for the Bruins.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

In Response to Re: Did Globe's KPD claim Savard willing to waive NTC for HABS : My understanding is that he can go anywhere he wants. So yes he could go to phoenix. Right now he has said the bruins can send him to either ottawa or toronto without getting his permission. On july 1st they can also send him to chicago montreal or philly. Then next year 5 more teams are added to that list. I think its tampa,florida, washington pitt and atl. Then the following year they can move him to any eastern confrence team. Then finally the next year he can go anywhere in the NHL I believe.
    Posted by bs2010

Thank you for your explanation, now I completely understand the Savard situation.  It would be interesting to hear the offers from Tampa, Washington, and Atlanta if the Bruins held onto Savvy for one more year.  That being said, there are only a few forwards (St. Louis, Semin, Kane) that I would be interested in.  I wouldn't mind a Savard for Cammalleri swap, other than the fact that he's on the freaking Habs!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Kane!  LOL  What are you including with Savard?  Krejci, Lucic, Hamill and the next ten first round picks?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

Prediction: If Savvy is traded this year, this board will be talking about where Seguin will be traded before Savvy finishes his (7-year) contract.

The insanity continues...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

twitter.com/FriedmanHNIC

"Report that Marc Savard waived no-trade for Montreal is incorrect. He did waive, though, for Toronto and Ottawa...are they interested?"

But where is the report coming from ? Nowhere! Toronto and Ottawa media said this stuff last year when they were hoping Savard wouldn't re-sign with Boston then Marc did.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

twitter.com/FriedmanHNIC " Report that Marc Savard waived no-trade for Montreal is incorrect. He did waive, though, for Toronto and Ottawa...are they interested?" But where is the report coming from ? Nowhere! Toronto and Ottawa media said this stuff last year when they were hoping Savard wouldn't re-sign with Boston then Marc did.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

the Toronto Sun, which I linked above

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Did Globe's KPD claim Savard willing to waive NTC for HABS : the Toronto Sun, which I linked above
    Posted by OlsonicCreations

Your source is legit, OC, but I think the point is that their source might be bs.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

There is about as much chance of the Bruins trading Savard to the Habs as there is of Michael Vick being named the Chairman of PETA, or Pamela Anderson being named CEO of KFC.

And for the record, if the Bruins dump their #1 center BEFORE Seguin is ready for that role, we're in trouble. I'm not sure Krecji is a #1 center, Bergeron neither, and before you all rip on me, I like both of those players A LOT, I'm just not sure they're capable of replacing Savard. Seguin yes, but not as an 18 yr old. And do you really think we have a shot at the Cup next year without a true #1 center?

At age 35, Savard's skills will start to diminish, and Seguin will be ready for primetime. Make the deal then, or shortly before. Not now.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

Savard's limited no trade clause doesn't kick in until Thursday...until then he can be traded to anyone...although I'm sure PC is trying to get him to a team he would prefer...

It can't look good to sign a player to what could be his final contract and then trade him before that contract even starts.  PC had no way to know we would land Seguin, but still.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

Any conversation involving the trading of Savy should not be happening. The Bruins need scorers and he is one of our best and there are not too many in his price range that says he wants to be a life long bruin. Wake up PC there is nothing out there that can replace Savy's p-roduction at 4 mil and will stay a bruin. If I were Savy and felt not wanted, I would remove the NTC just to come back to screw the Bruins the way it looks like they doing it to him. What the hell is wrong with this organization? They will not keep good players they have signed in order to keep on improving and ones that are loyal. Good luck in the UFA department when you need it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

Any conversation involving the trading of Savy should not be happening. The Bruins need scorers and he is one of our best and there are not too many in his price range that says he wants to be a life long bruin. Wake up PC there is nothing out there that can replace Savy's p-roduction at 4 mil and will stay a bruin. If I were Savy and felt not wanted, I would remove the NTC just to come back to screw the Bruins the way it looks like they doing it to him. What the hell is wrong with this organization? They will not keep good players they have signed in order to keep on improving and ones that are loyal. Good luck in the UFA department when you need it.
    Posted by brunod

This is lunacy.  Unless something great is returning in this trade, it makes no sense.  I'm not even going to attempt to name players that make this a good move because; 1) no GM will give up that type of player, and 2) it will give NAS a reason to post. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigjeezy. Show bigjeezy's posts

i agree with you charawins i have been saying this all along weve been mad this whole year that charelli didnt get a number 1 winger for savvy and now when we get horton everyone wants to trade him. Seguin will be a number 1 center but not this year. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Posted by brunod

If Savard were to be traded, how is that screwing him?  He'll still be in the NHL and he'll still be earning every penny of the contract he signed.  Professional athletes get traded all the time.  It's part of being a professional athlete.

Sections
Shortcuts