Did Globe's KPD claim Savard willing to waive NTC for HABS

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

Re: Did Globe's KPD claim Savard willing to waive NTC for HABS

this is from KPD's colum yesterday...
    He cannot be traded prior to the upcoming 2010-11 season. However, the Bruins gain more trade flexibility with his contract as the years go by.

To wit:

■In 2011-12 — Savard can be dealt to Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Philadelphia and/or Chicago.

■In 2012-13 — The previous five clubs remain in play, along with Florida, Tampa, New York Rangers, Washington and/or Pittsburgh.

■In 2013-14 — Can be traded to any club in the Eastern Conference.

■In 2014-15 — Can be traded to any NHL club.

The premise behind this is that Savard's family is in Ontario, so he wants to remain close to them. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

In Response to Re: Did Globe's KPD claim Savard willing to waive NTC for HABS:
    I think that the Senators would be more interested in trading for Savard if they could move Spezza first and they are reportedly having a tough time doing that. I too would love Alfredsson but there is a good chance he remains a Senator for his entire career.
    Posted by GillesGilbert

Alfredson cap hit is 4.9 for 3 years with a 35+ contract.  Good player, but no thanks. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

How about Savard for Spezza ?????

Stanley cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013,,,thanks to our 2 late picks

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from brandonboys1. Show brandonboys1's posts

There is about as much chance of the Bruins trading Savard to the Habs as there is of Michael Vick being named the Chairman of PETA, or Pamela Anderson being named CEO of KFC. And for the record, if the Bruins dump their #1 center BEFORE Seguin is ready for that role, we're in trouble. I'm not sure Krecji is a #1 center, Bergeron neither, and before you all rip on me, I like both of those players A LOT, I'm just not sure they're capable of replacing Savard. Seguin yes, but not as an 18 yr old. And do you really think we have a shot at the Cup next year without a true #1 center? At age 35, Savard's skills will start to diminish, and Seguin will be ready for primetime. Make the deal then, or shortly before. Not now.
    Posted by CHARAWINSTHENORRIS

They seemed to do just fine w/o Savard in the playoffs. His trade value will in fact be much lower when he reaches 35. Trade now while u get something decent in return. It's a smart move.     

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Spezza is injury prone & can be a head case at times. What about a 3 way deal between Leafs, Sens & Bruins.

To Leafs- Spezza
    To Bruins- Kaberle
    To Sens  - Savard

Not a huge fan of Kaberle but all 3 teams would fill a need & Bruins get puck moving Dman. Don't really want to trade Savy, but at least we get something in return & Leafs are his first choice. There is all kinds of speculation here in Ontario that Leafs & B's are talking trade.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

Spezza is injury prone & can be a head case at times. What about a 3 way deal between Leafs, Sens & Bruins. To Leafs- Spezza To Bruins- Kaberle To Sens  - Savard Not a huge fan of Kaberle but all 3 teams would fill a need & Bruins get puck moving Dman. Don't really want to trade Savy, but at least we get something in return & Leafs are his first choice. There is all kinds of speculation here in Ontario that Leafs & B's are talking trade.
    Posted by jpsoxfan

2 words: Loui Eriksson

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsGENIUS. Show bruinsGENIUS's posts

I am down with trading Savard, AS LONG AS WE GET EQUAL OR GREATER VALUE.
    By that I mean not some other teams salary dump either. There has to be a 1rst round pick, an offensive roster player and a stud prospect at the least.

And I would be all over Hartnell for TT.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

I am down with trading Savard, AS LONG AS WE GET EQUAL OR GREATER VALUE. By that I mean not some other teams salary dump either. There has to be a 1rst round pick, an offensive roster player and a stud prospect at the least. And I would be all over Hartnell for TT.
    Posted by bruinsGENIUS

Could you elaborate on "an offensive roster player"?  By saying that, do you mean a star player in addition to a 1st round pick and a stud prospect?  Because if that's what you're saying, I don't think other teams would go for that deal.  I think Savard's good, but he's not THAT good.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Spezza is injury prone & can be a head case at times. What about a 3 way deal between Leafs, Sens & Bruins. To Leafs- Spezza To Bruins- Kaberle To Sens  - Savard Not a huge fan of Kaberle but all 3 teams would fill a need & Bruins get puck moving Dman. Don't really want to trade Savy, but at least we get something in return & Leafs are his first choice. There is all kinds of speculation here in Ontario that Leafs & B's are talking trade.
    Posted by jpsoxfan

I think your proposal is reasonable framework.  I see the value in getting Kaberle, also need to sign Stuart.
    D-Pairs:
    Chara- Seids
    Kaberle- Boychuk
    Ference- Stuart
    7th D: Hunwick

Could you imagine a softer line than the Spezza-Kessel- and whomever line? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan4778. Show bruinsfan4778's posts

you deal Savard only if someone is grossly overpaying....so trade him to our insane buddy Brian Burke...he will overpay.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

you deal Savard only if someone is grossly overpaying....so trade him to our insane buddy Brian Burke...he will overpay.
    Posted by bruinsfan4778

Savard for Kaberle AND Kadri.

Sections
Shortcuts