DIE HARD FED UP

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: DIE HARD FED UP

In Response to Re: DIE HARD FED UP:
    Its kind of funny reading the same excuses year after year from the same kind of people.
    Posted by gymrat63

You know what's funny .... actually pathetic  . Someone like you that has to use somebody else's nickname.
    IT'S CALLED BEING A TROLL .
    The rest I can agree with as the Bruins are $ucking upto date.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Maybe they're just not as good as all you pollyannas thought. Maybe all those "real fans" who chided people like me and Marco100 et al., who were REALISTIC about how "good" this team really is--told us we didn;'t know anything about hockey blahblahblah should fess up that we were right all along. I find it hilarious that know-it-alls like dkrejci46are now talking about not making the playoffs (a distinct possibility) when before the season started anyone who DARED to question the worth of this team and the loss of kessel were called "haters." Who's hating now, geniuses? This team stinks on ice and you know it. But keep giving JJ your money...he loves you for it.
    Posted by TryToBearIt

Read the other poster and you will see it's not the same person,  reversed the "cj" spelled name wrong purposely to be  A TROLL !  Don't be fooled you're to intelligent for that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

Great attention to detail, Legion! Tell me you were not at the game this last weekend... oh would I ever have LOVED to be at the Canes massacre though...

They should provide free reg season tickets to all those who bought playoff tickets last year :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Great attention to detail, Legion ! Tell me you were not at the game this last weekend... oh would I ever have LOVED to be at the Canes massacre though... They should provide free reg season tickets to all those who bought playoff tickets last year :)
    Posted by BruinsUnite

Yes Saturday nite. Missed the 1st period though.  When the 2nd got going I was blaming myself and was preaching how I should stayed on the town eating and drinking BUT I'm a DIEHARD and wow what a nice 3rd period !
    Much much negative talk though and everyone missing Kessel. That's the reason to the Bruins bad start or season according to the local B fans.  Just like Manny's bat , LOL
    Next day went and see the last season game of the Sox ! Sux!
    Now I know why ZillaGodis back . His baseball season is over also. Welcome back Zilla !

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

In Response to Re: DIE HARD FED UP : Read the other poster and you will see it's not the same person,  reversed the "cj" spelled name wrong purposely to be  A TROLL !  Don't be fooled you're to intelligent for that.
    Posted by BsLegion

Wow. Shame on me I guess for not noticing the c and j switched. Honestly, when I start paying attention THAT closely to all this nonsense I know it's time to take a break.

But my main point still holds: Those of us who had serious doubts about how good this team is were (and still are) being unfairly slammed for it by a LOT of posters who just assumed this team was on the road to the Cup this year. we're called "haters" and "not real fans", when really we're TRUE fans fed up with the incompetence year after year.

And B's Legion I also consider you a knowledgable fan so I have to ask: don't you think --even beyond the Kessel issue--those of us who didn't buy into the whole "Bruins as a Top 3 team" thing this year had a point??? And please don't give me that 'it's early" excuse. Anyone who knows hockey must admit that this team is seriously flawed, and unless drastic changes are made are going absolutely nowhere. Fast.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: DIE HARD FED UP : And B's Legion I also consider you a knowledgable fan so I have to ask: don't you think --even beyond the Kessel issue--those of us who didn't buy into the whole "Bruins as a Top 3 team" thing this year had a point??? And please don't give me that 'it's early" excuse. Anyone who knows hockey must admit that this team is seriously flawed, and unless drastic changes are made are going absolutely nowhere. Fast.
    Posted by TryToBearIt

Early excuse.  Yes, something is not working but even if Kessel was here (besides he being hurt) would not make the difference . I think we'de be blaming Kessel also.
    The problem I see with the Bruins and they way they are playing right now would point out to players like him . His lack of defensive back checking would be even more evident . 
    BTW go see my post on " The Pens in 10th last season " and kind of supply my excuses to your question.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

This is not about Kessel. This is about a team that's simply not as good as was advertised (my October 5 issue of SI has the Bruins going to the Finals and losing to Chicago....the last time SI picked the Bruins to go to the Finals --and win--they didn't even make the playoffs, so there's a kiss of death right there).

More than Kess it's little things like missing PJ's contributions, and most of all--not upgrading in any significant way from last year's team.
    Can they turn this around? Yeah. I don't think they're a non-playoff team (tho' they're playing like it right now), but I'm telling you--without a SERIOUS big time trade using those draft picks for an elite sniper to play w/Savvy, these guys are a 2nd round KO again.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottm50. Show scottm50's posts

ALL of the above posters should look up James Duthie's article on "Premature Evaluation" on the TSN website.  It is a perfect take on whats happening to fans who panic 5 GAMES INTO THE SEASON!!!!! Could somebody please link this article so we can put a stop to the insanity....Die Hard my A $ $ !!! 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottm50. Show scottm50's posts

Check this out ......PLEASE ...and then shut up for at least another 10 games!!

http://www.tsn.ca/columnists/james_duthie/?id=294197

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

This is not about Kessel. This is about a team that's simply not as good as was advertised (my October 5 issue of SI has the Bruins going to the Finals and losing to Chicago....the last time SI picked the Bruins to go to the Finals --and win--they didn't even make the playoffs, so there's a kiss of death right there). More than Kess it's little things like missing PJ's contributions, and most of all--not upgrading in any significant way from last year's team. Can they turn this around? Yeah. I don't think they're a non-playoff team (tho' they're playing like it right now), but I'm telling you--without a SERIOUS big time trade using those draft picks for an elite sniper to play w/Savvy, these guys are a 2nd round KO again.
    Posted by TryToBearIt

That's why I'm not fully disagreeing with you.  Like I was saying even if Kessel was a still a Bruin and playing the situation would not be any different.
    Here's my comments when fans compare Bruins this year and Pens of last:

I made a couple of comparisons to Pens of last year but the talent of Corsby/Malkin the Bruins don't come close.  Those are top 3 players in the NHL for years to come.
    On the otherhand the Bruins are built differently.  They don't rely on 2 super stars  but play a team game .  Team game that this season is not working.
    Also the Pens did not go to the final with thesame team that started in 10th at the beginning of the season.  Management saw they needed to make change and when those changes were made (after at least 35 games) then they went on fire and to cup final.
    It's too soon for Bruins to punch the panic button BUT they need to work on a lot of things.
    1- Their powerplay is unacceptable . Not only can it not score but they've already gotten more short handed goals against than the whole season last year.
    Last year they were deadly on the PP and teams were on their heels and that helped the Bruins 5 on 5 . Last year Kessel was a threat, Wheeler and Ryder.
    The latter two MUST pick it up or any argument that Bruins replace Kessel is out the window,

2- Penalty killers.  Begin might replace Yelle but he is not as good on faceoffs as Yelle was and that's one of the most important  issues on the PK.  In your zone if you win the faceoff it's out of your zone.
    Then there's PJ ,  was he amazing or what ??? where are all the PJ haters now !

3- Just these two first points and any team will lose.

4- Because these two first points are not working the Bruins must play a team game and move up the ice together and come back together. Clog the centre ice. Yes it's called boring hockey.
    They need their confidence back piece by piece.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

But my main point still holds: Those of us who had serious doubts about how good this team is were (and still are) being unfairly slammed for it by a LOT of posters who just assumed this team was on the road to the Cup this year. we're called "haters" and "not real fans", when really we're TRUE fans fed up with the incompetence year after year. And B's Legion I also consider you a knowledgable fan so I have to ask: don't you think --even beyond the Kessel issue--those of us who didn't buy into the whole "Bruins as a Top 3 team" thing this year had a point???  Posted by TryToBearIt

Extremes are the nature of the beast, TTBI, and they go both ways.  If I say that I disagree, and even give you reasons why I think this core of players has the ability to go on the kind of playoff run you need to win the Cup, someone's going to call me a sheep - or post a pretty funny picture of a sheep.  Maybe you.  Point is you're asking for a lot if you expect anyone on this board to concede that you're right after five games.  And the fact that it is early works on both sides too - can you really tell me that you'd be convinced that you were wrong if they'd gone 5-0 on this homestand?  I doubt I'd see a post from you saying "yeah, I guess we didn't need Kessel!" or "who needs Kovalchuk!"  And hey, I can respect that.  No one's wrong here until the team wins the Cup or gets knocked out.  But I think it takes bigger Kohos (can you make Spanish-to-Hockey Equipment puns?) to argue that they have a chance than that they don't just because you're going to be right a lot more often arguing that your team won't win the Cup.

And yeah, it's got to be a rational and well-observed argument.  If not, feel free to break out the sheep.  Break out the drunk highlanders too if you want.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

In Response to Re: DIE HARD FED UP : Extremes are the nature of the beast, TTBI, and they go both ways.  If I say that I disagree, and even give you reasons why I think this core of players has the ability to go on the kind of playoff run you need to win the Cup, someone's going to call me a sheep - or post a pretty funny picture of a sheep.  Maybe you.  Point is you're asking for a lot if you expect anyone on this board to concede that you're right after five games.  And the fact that it is early works on both sides too - can you really tell me that you'd be convinced that you were wrong if they'd gone 5-0 on this homestand?  I doubt I'd see a post from you saying "yeah, I guess we didn't need Kessel!" or "who needs Kovalchuk!"  And hey, I can respect that.  No one's wrong here until the team wins the Cup or gets knocked out.  But I think it takes bigger Kohos (can you make Spanish-to-Hockey Equipment puns?) to argue that they have a chance than that they don't just because you're going to be right a lot more often arguing that your team won't win the Cup. And yeah, it's got to be a rational and well-observed argument.  If not, feel free to break out the sheep.  Break out the drunk highlanders too if you want.
    Posted by Bookboy007

Bookboy--I have no interest in calling you or anyone else a "sheep." I don't play those games like some posters on here (i.e. I don't ever call anyone an "idiot" like some posters have when they've been angry at me for daring to suggest that JJ be held to a certain amt. of responsibility fort the team he owns, YES, even in the cap era.)

You make some salient points re: it is only 5 games in, and as I indicated to B'sLegion, I do believe there's plenty of time to turn this around, but I think my main point is still getting lost: I'm not basing my assessment on these first 5 games or even the loss of Kessel (which I think will hurt later on if an adequate sniper of equivalent or better talent is not acquired)...I'm saying that this is essentially the same team as last year, only worse, at best not upgraded, and with so many other teams better this year or as good as they were last year (Wash,. Pitt., Phil., NYR) the B's are simply not as good as a lot of people think and are CERTAINLY NOT a Cup contender.

My point is that as a long suffering B's fan--I have a right to demand not just another "team that's tough to play against" but a bona fide Cup contender....and I sure as heck shouldn't be labeled a "hater" for wanting that.

If PC shows me he's willing to wheel some draft pix for a stud sniper like Kovalchuk i'll start believing they're committed to winning. Otherwise, like I've said a billion times, exit stage round 2. I'm just sick of that play.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from slicksteve38. Show slicksteve38's posts

There are really only a few things the Bruins need to work on here to get right back in it:
    A. Goal scoring....they just dont have the offensive punch they had last year they are middle of the pack in scoring at 15th
    B. Goalkeeping- still think Thomas is the best goalie in the league? 27th in the league in GA/G
    C. Penalty Killing- whenever they get called for a penalty so far this year, you almost EXPECT a goal to be scored agains them. 24th in the league
    D. Power Play- How old IS Recchi anyways? 25th in the league
    E. Ownership- who did they sign in the off season to improve the club?

I think that just about covers it.....everything else they are doing well in.
    I know its early but I am going to call "I told you so".  This team doesnt have the punch to sneak up on people this year, they lost scoring punch and didnt gain any grit either.....not good folks....where is the team speed??

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 640Toronto. Show 640Toronto's posts

New season same old dissapointing Bruins. enough is enough.

Sections
Shortcuts