Do we really need Savard?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Do we really need Savard?

All summer, I was singing the praises of one Tyler Seguin and what he could do on this team.

I knew that, given a chance, Seguin could improve the role that Savard plays on this team; allowing the team trade bait in Savard for another piece to be added. All of you let me have it with both barrels including insults, attacks on my intelligence, and hockey knowledge. What do I know, right?

Now that we are eight games into the season and you have all had a chance to see for yourselves... Do we really need Savard?

Your constructive thoughts, please.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

Re: Do we really need Savard?

It's very early in the season, but I've liked what I've seen from all of the lines.  I don't think the Bruins "need" Savard, but I don't see them leaving him in the minors, and there's no way they will be able to trade him.  So, I guess they're kind of stuck with him.  Which s_cks because the current roster seems to have a lot of chemistry, and I would hate for Savard to disrupt any of that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from POWERSURGE. Show POWERSURGE's posts

I would like Savard to play with Seguin. I believe that putting Tyler on the wing won't affect his play also. With Savy and Seguin; and Krejci/Lucic/Horton, we would have 2 top scoring lines...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlackandGold24. Show BlackandGold24's posts

I found myself pondering this very thought just yesterday. If and when Savard comes back, the B's are going to have to make a decision for cap space. If the team is playing the way it is right now, with the chemistry and the scoring and the wins, I would be very hesitant to break them up. Especially that first line. So, to answer the question, if their play is consistent until his point of return we don't need Savard. But of course we want PC to ice the best team possible. Does that include Savard at center and Seguin on the wing? Or is it best to trade Savard, let Lucic-Krejci-Horton stay lethal for years to come, and let Seguin develop at his natural center? I say let's cross that bridge when we have to, and just enjoy the excellent hockey we are seeing right now.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Horton's cooled off the last 2 games.  Let's hope that isn't a trend.

Savard, if healthy, makes this team's PP one of the most dangerous in the league.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

The bruins need savard healthy in a bad way. That second scoring line would make the bruins a top cotender.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Savvy is the difference between a deep playoff run and a repeat of last year. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Savard and Sturm could replace Wheeler and Ryder and I think the chemistry would still be there.  Of course that still leaves a cap problem.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

NO

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

Do you really expect Bergeron, Krejci, and Seguin to all stay completely healthy for 82 games plus hopefully 15+ playoff games. Absolutely, we could still use Savard

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

What team doesn't need a 80 goal scorer?  Every team needs a savard.. I'd lose Wheeler, Ryder and Sturm first.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SteveM. Show SteveM's posts

In Response to Do we really need Savard?:
    Do we want to win the Cup?

Yes on both counts.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

come on Wheatskins !!!  Not another thread like this.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

In Response to Re: Do we really need Savard?:
    Do you really expect Bergeron, Krejci, and Seguin to all stay completely healthy for 82 games plus hopefully 15+ playoff games. Absolutely, we could still use Savard
    Posted by screw-cindy-and-ovie

Good thought!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Having Sturm and Savard makes our team that much better. Wheeler has been playing ok but has stone hands. Ryder is playing well enough not to get benched/demoted but you can't forget how badly he played last year still.

I rather have Sturm and Savard vs Wheeler and Ryder

Sections
Shortcuts