Does Ryder deserve suspension?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikehawkislong69. Show mikehawkislong69's posts

Does Ryder deserve suspension?

Do you guys think ryder will/should get suspended???

For those of you who missed todays game Ryder gave a hit that is similar to, but not as bad, as the hit randy jones put on bergeron 2 seasons ago. Luckily blake comeau was able to leave the ice on his own power after being down on the ice for a few minutes and it looks like the damage will be nothing near what happened to bergeron

Personally I dont think he deserves a suspension. Ryder had him lined up and Comeau turned around at the last second. I think that a 5 minute bording major and a 10 minute misconduct is fair given the fact that comeau was able to walk off the ice

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

Re: Does Ryder deserve suspension?

The damage was done by Ryder's elbow.  The hit itself was not that bad (except that the puck had already left the area)  But Ryder gave Comeau an elbow to the head and , yes, he should be suspended for a few games.

I am a Ryder fan (there are some of us who like him), but this hit was out of order.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

Yes.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

By the suspensions that they've given out, Ryder should get one game -maybe- or no suspension at all if they are going to be in the least bit consistent about handing out suspensions.

I'm talking about consistency.  Look at what Lapierre did, premeditated and intended to injure, IMO Lapierre should have gotten 15 games for that.  It was almost after the play, the player was out of the play, it was a cross check from behind into the boards when the player was defenseless.  In light of 4 games for Lapierre,Ryder should get none.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Yes,

The first hit he has all year and its dirty...I said two yrs ago that he was a terrible signing...I stand by that...never liked him...and I would rather a young guy get his ice anyway...b/c Ryder will be in Europe or the KHL next year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

It was a chase gone bad summed up by Brick, it was a penalty yes, intentional, no.

Will it be a suspension, yes, 2 minimum, probably 4 games as done earlier the week.

The speed of the chase made it look worse than the hit was, there are many slams up against the boards every game with no penalty, but as soon as someone drops, you know there should be a penalty coming.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I will never reccommend a Bruin player receive a suspension! I didn't see the game or the hit,but after some of the cheap shots the Bruins have been given over the years without Suspensions being handed out,there is no way he gets either a suspension or a fine.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottm50. Show scottm50's posts

Doesn't deserve a suspension but will probably get a couple of games. No intent to injure in my oppinion, in fact Ryder hasn't had an intent to hit all season!!! hahaha  Not noted as a dirty player, it was just the way they both went into the boards...NO WAY CLOSE to what Jones delivered to Bergy!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

Ryder doesn't have a previous history of being dirty, thus he will not be suspended. The hit wasn't that bad.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Ryder will not be suspended..first off he is a first time offender...and frankly the guy turtled into the corner and Ryder caught him in a bad position.. 5 minutes and a game was sufficient punishment.. but then again, I have to keep in mind that we are dealing with the ultimate idiot of handing out punishment.. Colin Campbell..
    The sooner the NHL gets rid of this fossil the better...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

What elbow ? Comeau went down and stayed down like he was taught. Main point is Ryder never extended his arms for that last push that means allot.

Another reason icing should be automatic like the Olympics. Campbell will of course act like the insignificant GM he was and blow it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

In Response to Does Ryder deserve suspension?:

Posted by mikehawkislong69

No.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

If the NHL wants to get rid of those hits he has to be suspended.  Players have to learn how to be more carefull.  Otherwise serious injuries will occur. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bsdel1. Show bsdel1's posts

It was Comeau's last second turn that got him in an awkward and dangerous position. Still, Ryder should know better than to make contact with someone's numbers, especially with a 2 goal lead in a must win game!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ssags111. Show ssags111's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRl5fxm_vB

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBn8orCfntE
    Ryders elbow was at the back shoulders not the head. Comeau tried to duck away from the check which is his fault and ryder was commited to finish his check.
    NO suspension

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Read on Twitter "Makes sense considering Ryder's lack of a rep Now hearing the league will not be reviewing the Ryder/Comeau hit."

Hope it is true because I don't believe it to be dirty nor worth a suspension.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Get rid of the "Brodeur rule" (no trapezoid) and these types of hits will not occur with frequency.  He should not get a suspension but he will.  I agree with SanDogBrewin here.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from uvguy07. Show uvguy07's posts

To me the NHL would do the Bruins a favor by suspending him for the rest of the year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Sorry -- suspension or not -- this is a scenario and hit that happens hundreds of times per season usually resulting in a simple board check. Was Ryder supposed to check to see that Comeau had his double runners on and know that Comeau also has the balance of a 1 year old taking his first steps. The garbage that some of these guys get away with is a joke. Case in point -- Savard is laying on the ice motionless thanks to a blow to the head by Cooke (Same guy suspended last year for a cheap shot on Rozsival). Forget the game -- Cooke needs to leave this game the same way Savard did -- on a stretcher.....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Will Cooke get suspended for the cheap shot on Savard?

Sections
Shortcuts