Dont You guys get it, If we get Kovelchuck (sp)................

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kylequinn. Show kylequinn's posts

Dont You guys get it, If we get Kovelchuck (sp)................

look guys, the odds of us getting him to begin with is far fetched, but if we do, then we are no better then toronto...you have one star player, sourounded by a group of misfits. Kessel is the only player toronto has, but hes no good, if theres noone to set him up or protect his net. same story is we get kovelchuck, not to mention we would have to trade the only player that have scored ANYTHING all year. dont get me wrong, the logic of bruin management is "out to lunch at times" but bothers, they're not Fvcking stupied.

we need to go after 2 or 3 2nd line guys with poetential...yes another rebuilding year...(sigh), but ilya??? I dont want him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyBruin. Show BradyBruin's posts

Re: Dont You guys get it, If we get Kovelchuck (sp)................

While I think its HIGHLY unlikely they get him, they have no one to go with him? He would have Savard setting him up with Lucic on the other wing. He would have an ELITE set-up man and a tough guy to clear room. Opposite of Toronto, we would be bringing him in to compliment our best player in Savvy. We would be doing to make a run at the Cup, not to try and sell tickets to show we are rebuilding....

But

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

no who would want a  6,3 230 lb  26yr old 50 goal guy    bs get kvoalchuk order the rings...unlike most teams with all these picks the bs can keep their core together and add him its a no brainer you don pass the chnace to acquire 1 of top 5 payers in the game today  10-11 mil that equals 2-3 players hes better than them combined

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from yahoo827. Show yahoo827's posts

Now we have a bunch of misfits surrounded by no stars. I would gladly take a scorer on this team. I don't care if he fits into Juliens strong backchecking mold or not.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogsk8r. Show bogsk8r's posts

I agree that we need a scorer but I'm not willing to give up Krejci or Bergeron at this point.  Savy NEEDS someone with hands that can put it in the net.  No body is better than Savy along the boards with the puck but we don't have a natural scorer on the team which means no shot at the cup.  We have no legit first line that we can put together, just a bunch of 3rd liners.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBRUINS. Show StanleyCuptotheBRUINS's posts

yahoo827

Hey Moron ..its not after 30something games that the season ends...tell me abot the stats at the end of the season until then go back to sleep and cheer for another team

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

So happy to have such an intellectual thread to read. 

After you boys are done calling each other names on the jungle gym you should finish your homework.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Guys Kovalchuck made it clear that his priority is not the Stanley Cup but the Gold medal.  Do you really want to give a guy like that 11 millions for the next 10 years.  You need good canadian players to win the Cup plain and simple.  Look at the past teams who won the Cup other than Detroit, they all had key players that where Canadians.  Kovalchuck was never close to be an MVP and the only time he made the playoffs he was non existent on the ice.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Take him, but not at 10 mil (5 year 7, 7.5, 8, 8.5, 9) 8 mil sal cap ;

or ridiculous trade of talent,

2 seconds, first 2011-12 and Hamill and Wideman and Ference

We are losing 2 d to clear cap room, that at this time even though I like both these guys they are not playing to half their potential and are being pushed around like pups. We keep the picks this year and are giving up a non producing prospect.

I would prefer Sturm Wideman Ference and go after another solid D man in the Morris type mold.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

PC will make a push at the deadline to rent Kovalchuk at the deadline it's going to happen. I'd say the odds are pretty good Boston get's him however i'm not counting on it. Odds if you're a betting man are ok but not great.

I really do think Waddell is convinced the KHL will do what it takes to bring there beloved stud home which leaves Don in the same position has he was with Hossa.
    Get the most for him at or around the trade deadline. It's going to take allot and someone will get that rental. PC will be in the running even if it costs Wheeler, Hunwick, Toronto's 2010 First and Arniel/Colborne DO IT!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFaninOntario. Show BruinsFaninOntario's posts

Kovalchuk is going to Russia. He's nothing more than a six week rental for us. A damm good rental, maybe even a Cup, but still a rental. I wouldn't go broke then, given that we would have him only six weeks. Not worth giving up Taylor Hall for the next 15 years.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

I said be4, I'll say it again. How do we know Kovy can do it in the play-offs? He's only played 4 games in his career against a very weak defensive team the Rangers. So, we're going to send a DK, A Bergy with most likely Wheeler for someone that we don't know how they'll perform in the play-offs? I know there's some of you saying, yea but Kovy didn't have Savvy passing him the puck. That's true he didn't, but he did have one of the strongest players with the puck in the game in Hossa. I think Kovy has loads of talent & I think he could help with some offense, but enough to get us a cup? And in the meantime we end up losing our 2nd or 3rd Center who in a lot of cases would be a Number 1 center on over half the league? Don't forget people when we went to the cup finals in 88 & 90. We had a sniper & a great set-up man. Our # 1 line was great, but it was the secondary scoring that we didn't have. Now, you're all saying, but we don't even have a first line scoring! This team has the potential to be 3 lines that can score. Lack of secondary that's what hurt us, besides Ranford in 90 playing out of his mind. In 5 games that yr. Neely had 4 assist & 25 shots. Kovy is no Neely! He would never be able to bring it & take the grind & beating that Cam did. So it'll be all well & good to have a world class player, but is he world class? Is he worth getting rid of potential & players that have shown they can do it in the play-offs? Ryder scored 7 in 11 games last yr. Nothing wrong with that is there?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Heelsox. Show Heelsox's posts

Selling off the future for 3 months is not the right route to go...not with this franchise, not with how close we are to being a powerhouse for many years to come.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Whatever it takes. I'd give up Lucic too. Sorry, but the B's MUST have a proven bigtime goal scorer. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Healsox.... a powerhouse? Who cares. I want a WINNER. Not a close, but no cigar type team. I've seen too many of them. I WANT A CUP!!!!!!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Heelsox. Show Heelsox's posts

I'd MUCH rather have a shot at the cup consistantly every year for a solid 6-7 year stretch than a shot at the cup for 1 year with no future.

You realize that getting Kovalchuk doesn't guarentee anything right? It puts us on the level of the elite teams...but I wouldn't call us a favorite even after Kovalchuk...there would be zero depth to this team if we gave up more than 2 forwards or defensemen.

I pray to god you're nothing more than an 11 year old playing NHL 10 hoping this will happen...because if you're not...you really have no grasp of building a franchise. Key word...BUILD.

Look at the teams that win. New Jersey, Pittsburgh, Detroit, Chicago. They've all built from within, they didn't trade their futures away for rental players. They built a foundation, and then from that built around it.

You see time and time again teams trading future for win now and it never works. We've got one of the most prime examples in the NHL right now in Tuukka.

Be patient, good times are coming on the horizon.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

I don't see the Bruins being close enough to a Cup team this year to take a gamble on Kovalchuk, who wouldn't bring them enough to make them a real bona fide Cup contender.

However, with the stockpile of young talent and draft picks, the Bruins could realistically be a serious Cup contender for several years.

Why take the risk of trading assets for a guy who is in all likliehood not going to stay in Boston past July 1 anyway? Set yourself up to be a Detroit/NJ-like franchise for the 2010's.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Agreed Kovalchuk is not going to be with the team that rents Ilya. He will be worth the right price for a run at the cup. Watching him make fools out of NHL defensemen every night not just tonight. PC should pursue this for the right price.

I'd rather see the Bruins make a run at the cup with Ilya than without. Kennedy if Gainey made a run at Kovalchuk would you be unhappy ?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

SanDog, the Habs couldn't fit him in money wise anyway, I don't think. But if you're asking if I'd be unhappy if they traded for him, unless it was straight up for Georges Laraque, absolutely. The Habs aren't winning the Cup with or without him, so trading for him for 3 months (again--unless they only lost Laraque!) wouldn't make any sense.

I see a lot of potential in MTL (not as much as Boston, but the Habs have some good young talent). Why gve up any of it when a) you're not going to win the Cup and b) the  player you receive will in all likliehood leave for somewhere else after 2 months on the ice?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I would make a push for Kovalchuk only because of a) PC has 5 of the first 60 picks in the 2010 Draft (this will play a major factor to Waddell) b) The Bruins defensive make up goaltending and at times stingy defense. c) Ilya Kovalchuk is a game breaker like I see every time he plays on NHL Center Ice this year and every year.

PS. Hate having to say this but the Habs with a healthy Markov and Gionta are going race up the charts and do some damage.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

I think the Habs will make the playoffs--Markov alone makes them a different team,and Gionta (when he's back) will be a big help to the scoring. But they just don't have the horses to win 16 playoff games. They're a 2nd Tier Eastern power...probably 6-10 in the standings. Kovalchuk would make them a likely 4-6, but I don't think he gets them into the Finals, let alone 16 playoff wins.

I see the Bruins the same way--they'd be better with Ilya, but not good enough to win it all. I do see your point about the cornucopia of picks...that's something the Bruins have as a luxury that a team like MTL wouldn't, and that gives them more ability to have less to lose if they make a deal. Still....I don't deal for a rental unless I think he moves a team from dark horse to definite contender, and I don't think Ilya quite does that for this year's Bruins. I think they'd be better to use the picks and put themselves in a position to be the envy of the league in the upcoming several seasons, something that I think is completely within their reach.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Did you buy your "Kill Chara Kill" shirt ? Cheers!

Sections
Shortcuts