Re: Down the river with Jack Edwards
posted at 11/14/2009 7:22 PM EST
In Response to Re: Down the river with Jack Edwards
[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Down the river with Jack Edwards : Fair enough. You don't like him. Without the sarcasm and insults thrown out randomly at those who do like him, what are your reasons?
Posted by BruinsUnite[/QUOTE]
My reasons why I don't like Edwards, hmmm....
1) I don't like the expressions he invents.
2) I am tired of his complaining that composite stick explode whenever a player touches a puck.
3) He isn't that knowledgeable about hockey (#2 proves that. Wood sticks broke frequently, but the blades broke - not the shafts. The player would drop the stick and it would not be noticed as much as the composites because the blades never break, but the shafts do). Tell me something that I didn't know.
4) The conversations between Edwards and Brick are not as good as let's say, Cusick and Sanderson who were much more informed.
5) The color guy should provide the color. The play by play should do the play by play. Maybe I'm really different, but I like things that way.
6) Hockey is an exciting sport, you don't need an anouncer to get as wound up about it as Edwards does. It loses its meaning when the emotion is always at a fever pitch.
7) Making up his own words, like Thornton's "Fisticability".
8) I think all of this indicates a huge ego, to me he's trying to be the star rather than the Bruins.
That's all I can think of for right now, I will probably have more after tonight's game. He is good at coming up with more things I don't like.