Downie Almost Takes Out Crysby

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruWingFan. Show BruWingFan's posts

Downie Almost Takes Out Crysby

Almost!

Now the Pens fans are crying for a suspension. Jerks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHeh3tyUL10&feature=player_embedded#

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

Re: Downie Almost Takes Out Crysby

Wow, what was that?  I thought that Downie had cleaned up his act this season.  There has been some ugliness in all of the Penguins games that I have seen parts of since the Cooke non-suspension.  It looks like every team has a grudge against Cooke and his team now, most notably the Lightning.  They were public in their criticism of Campbell's decision not to suspend Cooke.  It will be interesting to see if a suspension comes of this. 

The irony in all of this is that Downie's huge suspension when he was a Flyers prospect is what led to the non-suspension of Richards for his head shot on Booth.  The man who Colin Campbell deferred to due to the case involving the team that Campbell's son plays on (Panthers) apparently agreed with the Flyers fans who claimed that their players were suspended more often than players from other teams.  That poor decision became the "precident" that Campbell used to slither out of suspending Cooke.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KJBruinswin. Show KJBruinswin's posts

Big shocker that the NHL poster boy will probably use this as an excuse not to play in the Bruins game. Bergeron probably told him we'll be head hunting  because it's legal.  Let me guess, next Malkin will be hurt before the B's game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KJBruinswin. Show KJBruinswin's posts

And how is that a dirty play, Downie fell on his leg attempting a hit after Orpik checked Stamkos.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Pittsburgh had it coming..  Cooke's hit on Lecavalier and now Savy is beginning to bare fruit.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

There's a slightly different camera angle on this one which gives a pretty decent view as they skate past. Although it must have hurt it looks clumsy but no more than that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsJtvXPhqXE

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

I watched that game and it was purely accidental. They interviewed Crosby between the first and second period and he was fine.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

In Response to
    Although it must have hurt it looks clumsy but no more than that. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsJtvXPhqXE
    Posted by Kurako

Are you implying that it wasn't deliberate?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

How is this a cheap shot ? A penalty ? Yes ! Holding or Interference. And then they get tangled up. Don't like what Downie's done in the past and don't like to see Crosby get hurt on a play like that but that was just a hard hockey play.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

In Response to Re: Downie Almost Takes Out Crysby:
    In Response to Are you implying that it wasn't deliberate?
    Posted by bim09

I think the injury was accidental. They were having a bit of a tussle and there was a trip for sure. Was his intention to jump on Crosby's knee? I don't think so. I'd have to call it wreckless rather than malicious.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Downie Almost Takes Out Crysby:
    Pittsburgh had it coming..  Cooke's hit on  Lecavalier and now Savy is beginning to bare fruit.
    Posted by bim09

You got it right that the Lightning have it against Cooke.  He tried taking out Lecavalier not too long ago.
    Maybe wasn't done on purpose but....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

Call it Karma Wink

Sections
Shortcuts