1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

Draft, Day Two

When does it start? Is it televised?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

Re: Draft, Day Two

In Response to Draft, Day Two:
    When does it start? Is it televised?
    Posted by MDsizzle

I just came on here to ask the same thing.  The info on Comcast has it on the NHL Network at 9.  But it doesn't specify whether it's Day 2 or a replay of Round 1.  So I'm with you.....what time/channel??? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

NHL Network is reviewing the draft right now with NHL on the Fly then at 9AM round 2 starts.
    Boston enters the second day of the NHL Entry Draft with seven picks: Nos. 32, 45, 97, 105, 135, 165 and 195.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mamico3308. Show mamico3308's posts

Pretty sure @9am is the replay of Day 1 and 1pm on NHL Network starts Day 2

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wingnut11. Show Wingnut11's posts

In Response to Re: Draft, Day Two:
    Posted by mamico3308

Per ESPN:
    When: June 25 (Round 1), 7 p.m. ET
    June 26 (Rounds 2-7), 1 p.m. ET

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tremha. Show tremha's posts

Chiarelli could have had Cam Fowlwer at #15 but he thinks Colin Campbell's son is more valuable as a 4th liner.  Unreal.  A nice, deep draft and Chiarelli trades #15 away for basically a cheap component part.
    Posted by russgriswold

Fowler wasnt there at 15 and what about Horton who was a #3 overall?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

Chiarelli could have had Cam Fowlwer at #15 but he thinks Colin Campbell's son is more valuable as a 4th liner.  Unreal.  A nice, deep draft and Chiarelli trades #15 away for basically a cheap component part.
    Posted by russgriswold

Less than a day and you are already a bit RUSTY on the draft. Fowler was picked before 15. PC used that pic to get Horton, do you really think Campbell was the center of that trade?? Get up to speed man, have you been on VACATION?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bigpapa1977. Show Bigpapa1977's posts

Posted by russgriswold

This is an old post, it doesn't make it correct if you post it 50 times.

Trade:

Dennis Wideman
    2010 #15 overall (player chosen: Derek Forbort, Fowler + Gormley not available)
    2011 3rd rounder

Nathan Horton
    Gregory Campbell

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

Agree...this is what I saw too
    Posted by mamico3308

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxx. Show mxx's posts

No one thought Fowler was going to drop that far.  How the heck was Chia going to know that?? What do you think he had some sort of crystal ball or he could channel the NHL draft gods! Come on, guys!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

a cheap component part ... russgriswold....????

Horton is one of the best Power forward in the NHL ...128 goals in his last 5 seasons with a defensive team ....57 points last year in only 65 games and he is only 25 ...you call him a cheap component part ?????????????????

So many useless messages ,,,,,

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

Agree...this is what I saw too In Response to Re: Draft, Day Two :
    Posted by TomOBrien

That makes sense to me now.  I had posted pre-morning coffee.  Because if I thought for a second, I would have realized that 8am Eastern is pretty early in L.A.  LOL!!!!!

Can't wait to see what PC does with #32!!!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Posted by russgriswold

I don't think Horton is related to Colin Campbell.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Draft, Day Two :  You are telling me you'd rather have Horton, Seguin and Campbell over Wideman, say a winger like Tanguay, Frolov or yes, Raffi Torres and #15?  They could have grabbed Gormley at #15. So, Wideman, Seguin, Frolov and Gormley is worse than Horton, Seguin and Campbell? Okie dokie, then.
    Posted by russgriswold

Your inclusion of Raffi Torres has defined what you know about the NHL and where you get your information.  Rusty, please use this time to tell us how many goals Torres scored for Buffalo after they traded a second round pick and Paetsch for him.  Also, please let us know how many minutes he played in Games 5 and 6 in the first round.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Who cares what he scored playing on a brand new team?  Torres is a very, very good two winger who scores 20-25 goals per year.  He's 27, plays both ends and would be deadly playing next to Savard. He;d hit 30+ because he's not afraid to get in front of the net.   Not to mention, he is one example of a 20-25 type goal scorer.   One example. How many 40+ point defenseman do you see available out there? I don't see any unless you trade for one.
    Posted by russgriswold

Torres hasn't hit 30 yet.  He hasn't hit 20 since '05-06. 

As for 40 point defensemen available, well, no one is really available right now.  Once 7/1 rolls around, we'll know who is out there.  Pressing for an answer with a gun to my head, I might point to Gonchar.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from teibore1. Show teibore1's posts

With two picks in the second round I wouldn't be suprised to see Chia make another move.  From what I last heard the B's are about 4 mil under the cap before signing Recci and Seguin.  They can buy out Ryder for 1.4 which would save another 2.6 .  Not sure on the IR status of Sturm.  He's getting his paid either way it's just a question of whether they get cap relief or not.  Stuart, Sobotka and Wheeler are still unsigned. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

Gonchar blows. We saw him disappoint here badly when O'Connell traded for him right before the lock out. He can't play D.
    Posted by russgriswold

Let me let you in on a little secret, since you apparently didn't watch the Bruins last season.  Wideman can't play defense either.  Not without Chara to mop up his numerous blunders.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

Power forwards like Nathan Horton are really hard to find.  That's a steal of a deal.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

the nhl network has 2-7 rounds starting at 1 eastern....were all not happy that we gave up the 15th pick,but we did what we did & probably had to do to pull off the trade....horton will turn out to be a good, maybe great bruin....i also wish PC could have pulled off something to get us the 2 Dmen, etem or tinordi....we are not privy to the war room conversations & dont know what PC tried to do....be happy with what we got so far & hope PC can tidy up a few things before this all ends....it will be a long summer, anxiously awaiting the start of next year....enjoy the next couple rounds its been fun so far

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

russgriswold....Hey Lunatic !  Have a coffee and please wake up ...its not Wideman for Horton and our no.15 for Campbell.....its Wideman + our no.15 for Horton and Campbell ....leave me alone with your pick no.15 ....we still can draft Merill at 15 and accordong to NHL mock draft we should have picked Merill at noé15.....Horton and Campbell are two great additions to the team and they both can play right now ...if you are a real Bruins fan you will go nuts when you see Horton getting 40 goals next season and Campbell on ShortHand. ...he is bigger,  faster, younger and better than Begin....you liked Begin ??  You will love Campbell.....

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

NHL Network is reviewing the draft right now with NHL on the Fly then at 9AM round 2 starts. Boston enters the second day of the NHL Entry Draft with seven picks: Nos. 32, 45 , 97, 105, 135, 165 and 195.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

I guarantee that Boston will not keep all 7 picks. Theres bound to be some movement today amongst teams, more so than last night. #32 and #45 may intrigue some teams, im anxious to see what goes down.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

I think NHL.com is streaming draft coverage

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Don't get these picks ,  another two centers (at least this what NHL on the Fly states)  ? 
    I would have swore they'de go after a D-man.
    Somewhere down the road the Bruins will make some trades. 
    Now I'm only waiting to see where Kabanov goes.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

Same ole bRUINS on Day 2.  They draft two more centers; small bodies.  A few days ago, the GM squawks about getting bigger.  Are these wasted picks?   I thought they had too many centers?

This team must be so complete at the blue line and wings that it can afford to spend picks on centermen.  Perhaps, it's a good thing they traded the #15 away...would have just grabbed another center.

Now, they can ship Savvy out in the hopes that one of these players becomes as good as him.  Then, they can trade him for a bag of Doritos when it's time to pay for production...like they did to Thornton.

Every time I start to feel good about this franchise, they do something stuipid to upend it all.  Same ole bRUINS...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlazeTrailer. Show BlazeTrailer's posts

It's becoming clear that Chia is planning on throwing 5 centers on the ice. Perhaps they can trade Thomas and back up Rask with a center as well.

Sections
Shortcuts