Draft Lottery

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Draft Lottery

In Response to Re: Draft Lottery:

This last week has been just great for the Bruins.  They were able to move up in the standings AND the Leafs clinched 2nd last, all the while forcing Montreal to play the Caps in the first round.  It's been great.  Tuesday will be a big day.  We can only hope that the Bruins are able to steal first overall, however I am more than willing to settle for second.  Third would be devastating. Posted by 306bruinsfan

^This

....Except for "Third would be devastating" Fowler and Connolly would be devastating in a good way. Disappointed to not have Seguin or Hall yes but not devastated.

Book, You're watching you know will yer cracking me up.

"The NHL will host the 2010 LG NHL Draft Lottery at 8 p.m. on April 13 to set the order of selection for June's Entry Draft. The program will be televised on Versus and TSN, and streamed live on NHL.com."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

Careful with Iginla. He's 33 this summer and his goal totals have declined the last 2 years: 50-35-32. You really want to trade picks to get him? I'd have been all for it if this was Iginla at 27 in 2004...not now.

Besides...look at the guys drafted in the top 3 since 2006 (long enough to be established players). Not all have turned out great (Svitov, TB) but most have been exceptional NHL players.

Even in the worst case, Boston will get a guy who could be a cornerstone player and be a better fit for the Bruins than Phil Kessel was. And if they get 2 or 1, the chances of that happening get even higher.  Take the chances with the pick and forget about Iginla, who is still a very good player but has already peaked.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

8 pm???  8 pm???  I took the day off from work because somewhere I heard 5 pm.

I have to time my drinking just right, 1 or 2nd and celebration drinking.  3rd pick and it is still really good, can't look a gift horse in the mouth and have to keep good perspective and the celebration will be subdued.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MILANlucic17. Show MILANlucic17's posts

Bad hab me and my fellow bruins loving friends up here and maine are having a drinking party for the lottery gald to see I am not the only idiot hahaha

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

trade the pick for iglina and cal pick...thats a proven 40 goal guy playing with savard how great would that be...and a good young forward at the 8 spot...probably 4 or 5th forward....hall is a 30 goal at best guy and thats not to 3-4 yrs down the road...  we already got colbourne who is miles ahead of hall just look at the size we need jerome a proven goal scorer
    Posted by bruins8

Not sure how far ahead Colborne really is.  After a great start to his pro career, he's struggled.  Over the weekend, he was 0-0-0- -6.  Not good.  College to Pro is a big jump.  Predictions for next year might be premature; he'll be a good player, but it might take another year before he's ready for Boston.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

8 pm???  8 pm???  I took the day off from work because somewhere I heard 5 pm. I have to time my drinking just right, 1 or 2nd and celebration drinking.  3rd pick and it is still really good, can't look a gift horse in the mouth and have to keep good perspective and the celebration will be subdued.Posted by BadHabitude

Typically NHL.com and ESPN.com post EST I'll let you be the judge. The fun part is whittle nerdy Bettman will host it with his mono tone voice.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=525049

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

trade the pick for iglina and cal pick...thats a proven 40 goal guy playing with savard how great would that be...and a good young forward at the 8 spot...probably 4 or 5th forward....hall is a 30 goal at best guy and thats not to 3-4 yrs down the road...  we already got colbourne who is miles ahead of hall just look at the size we need jerome a proven goal scorer
    Posted by bruins8

Only a couple of more months of reading bruins8 comments about trading the pick. Can't wait for the June draft and then his thoughts on this subject will be over . Oh by the way............

0 Kessel comments
    1 40 goal scorer comment = 1 goal
    2 Hall comments = 2 assists
    total 1+2=3
    Total to date - 24 goals + 10 assists = 34 points ( since April 4 )

P.S. Surprising that there were no boyfriend (PK) comments !!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

let me remind everyone hall or seguin are not at the level of crosby or ovechkin or stamkos  at best 30 goal scores in their 4th-5th year   gotta be patient
    Posted by bruins8

Did you also predict it would take Stamkos this long too ? ( 2nd year over 50 goals) bruins8, you never seen Stamkos play junior hockey like Hall/Seguin so you have no idea what you're talking about . And then you say 'gotta be patient' at  2:28 p.m. and at 3:07 p.m. you want to trade the pick away. What happened to 'gotta have patience ' ? It lasted 39 minutes. Your thinking is off the charts bruins8 and for those two posts you deserve a big .......'HUH'. Oh by the way......

1 Hall/Seguin comment= 1 assist
    Total to date- 24 goals + 11 assists =35 points

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

if from what all you posters say is correct about hall then yes why wouldnt calgary make that trade?   ah ha are we on to something?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

Bad hab me and my fellow bruins loving friends up here and maine are having a drinking party for the lottery gald to see I am not the only idiot hahaha
    Posted by MILANlucic17

Back in the early days of the Lewiston Maineiacs, the team used to hold a draft day / night party at one of the local watering holes, since the team was going to have a player picked in the 1st Round. So you're not the only crazy...people go nuts for the draft.

I remember watching it in PEI 3 summers ago...talk about a place crazy for the draft. This was in little Charlottetown, but the sports bars were filled and every TV was on to the 1st round.

It's good stuff. I sometimes wish it was more like the NBA or NFL when the guy you pick may be in your lineup next season, but other than most teams having to wait to see the guy they select make an impact on their team, it's hard to top the excitement.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

i am excitedabout bs getting a good young player but people are acting like he is a franchise type player...which they are not

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

if from what all you posters say is correct about hall then yes why wouldnt calgary make that trade?   ah ha are we on to something?
    Posted by bruins8

1 hall - 1 assist
    Total 24 +12 =36

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

i am excitedabout bs getting a good young player but people are acting like he is a franchise type player...which they are not
    Posted by bruins8

On what basis do you make this statement ? And what's your definition of a franchise player ? Your boyfriend ?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Posted by bruins8

If they're going to trade a guy with Iginla's pedigree they're going to be looking for more than just moving up a few spots.  And they'll get it - think about what Atlanta got for Kovalchuk and you're in the ballpark, I think: young roster player with high upside, a second  roster regular, and a first round pick.  You're talking about giving up a guy who has not only 2 50 goal seasons in the bank, but hasn't had fewer than 30 in decade, and even then he had 29 and 28.  He's also not a one-dimensional sniper - most years he has about the same number of assists as goals, and he fights, and he hits.  Personally, if Hall matches Iginla point for point and hit for hit over the next three years, I think that would mean Hall's everything you could ask for.  So you'd be asking Calgary to give up their Captain for a player who will give them no more production than Iginla would have over the next three years.  (Just so we're clear, Iginla's numbers are down this year, but he had a 67 point year after the lockout, then followed with 94 in 70 games, then 98 and 89 in full seasons.)  Even Sutter won't make that deal even though Hall looks like he'll score 20-30 in year 1.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MILANlucic17. Show MILANlucic17's posts

In Response to Re: Draft Lottery : Back in the early days of the Lewiston Maineiacs, the team used to hold a draft day / night party at one of the local watering holes, since the team was going to have a player picked in the 1st Round. So you're not the only crazy...people go nuts for the draft. I remember watching it in PEI 3 summers ago...talk about a place crazy for the draft. This was in little Charlottetown, but the sports bars were filled and every TV was on to the 1st round. It's good stuff. I sometimes wish it was more like the NBA or NFL when the guy you pick may be in your lineup next season, but other than most teams having to wait to see the guy they select make an impact on their team, it's hard to top the excitement.
    Posted by Kennedy97

The last 3 years i lived just outside of lewiston then moved back to northern art of the state where I grew up because of my job. I miss watching the mainiacs in person was great hockey for a little amount of coin. I miss this place called mixers more because of all the durty whoores I used to bring home from that place haha

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

franchise player  ray bourque cam neely mario wayne alex sid the kid should i go on someone that dominates games and leads by example...a player who will score 40 goals consistently each yr... listen i agree with you..these 2 kids should be good...but to expect stamkos production is just crazy..so say 30 goals at best..i think we can and should get more

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

here it is, im happy the bruins will get a young good player...only thing is the majority of posters out here are basically saying this is a franchise move for the bs...if thats the case we need to be getting a superstar and thats not we are getting i guess maybe my definition of a superstar is different than some..to me only crosby and ovechkin are supertsars  if stamkos puts 50 again next 2 yrs we can put him that category...but we are gonna get a nice piece 2nd tier kid  im willing to say he doesnt even play with savy on 1st line next yr  i hope im wrong

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stanleycomehome. Show Stanleycomehome's posts

[QUOTE]here it is, im happy the bruins will get a young good player...only thing is the majority of posters out here are basically saying this is a franchise move for the bs...if thats the case we need to be getting a superstar and thats not we are getting i guess maybe my definition of a superstar is different than some..to me only crosby and ovechkin are supertsars  if stamkos puts 50 again next 2 yrs we can put him that category...but we are gonna get a nice piece 2nd tier kid  im willing to say he doesnt even play with savy on 1st line next yr  i hope im wrong
    Posted by bruins8[/Q          What are you basing this on? Central scouting says hall is a kovalchuk/patrick kane mix and seguin is compared to yzerman. I will go with their opinion over yours. You said the same crap about crosby his rookie yr,said bergeron would get 35 pts more than crosby,i ain't saying they are crosby but I am gonna let them play before i pass judgement. How many times have you seen them play?what are their strengths and weaknesses?why can't these 2 succeed like the top 2 picks in the last 5 drafts,wow your a hockey genius predicting an 18 year old won't get 40 next year. I don't post often but I read alot and I am so tired of your repeititive stupid posts that have no facts to back them up,everytime you have posted about these kids not doing anything you have never posted a reason why,are they too slow?weak shot?don't see the ice well? your boring everyone!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

1st i never said anything about bergy being better than crosby..lets get this straight what are you basing the hall is kovlachuk on?  ill bet you my house kovalchuk outscores hall in goals the next 5 years....hall and seguin are good players great they are not

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stanleycomehome. Show Stanleycomehome's posts

1st i never said anything about bergy being better than crosby..lets get this straight what are you basing the hall is kovlachuk on?  ill bet you my house kovalchuk outscores hall in goals the next 5 years....hall and seguin are good players great they are not
    Posted by bruins8

pit pit has noone to compare to joe t no 40 goal scorer like murray they have crosby whoo hoo bergeron will outscore him by atleast 15pts and lemieux big deal unless he is the player he was 10 yrs ago give me a break pens would be lucky to be in playoffs                  Here it is pal,sorry you only said 15 pts,I got the 35 pts in my head because that is the amount crosby outscored bergy by,i love the way you mock the crosby pick with the woo hoo  just like your doing now with these kids. I only checked because I wanted to see what you said about him because the way you are knocking these kids. you were still on that 40 goal guy kick back then huh,I guess pitt would have been better off with a 40 goal guy like murray than waiting for some kid to develop.  8/2/2005 page 89 or 90 in your comment history. as for your bet you can keep your moms basement and I will keep my basement and the house that goes with it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stanleycomehome. Show Stanleycomehome's posts

Posted by bruins8

"It's been fun and it's been long because they are our most visible players," said E.J. McGuire, the NHL's director of central scouting, who said it's as close between Hall and Seguin as any top two picks he remembers.

Ultimately, it could come down to need. He compared Hall's game to that of Ilya Kovalchuk, mixed with a bit of Patrick Kane. He sees a lot of Steve Yzerman in Seguin.

So, what do you want — a franchise center or high-scoring winger?       I might be going out on limb but I bet he has seen them play many times and knows alot more than you.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Hall only 30 goals? Are you kidding me? The guy is clutch. He is a poor man's crosby. At least 40 goals in his 2nd year

Seguin will take a while to make an impact however. The guy is fraile and also doesn't seem like he has the "want it" factor. Sakic was like that early in his career until he woke up at the later part of his career

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

Hey Fellas (and ladies)

Just had to check in and say i'm so excited about tomorrows lottery. And don't be nervous about getting the #3 pick. Cam Fowler is a heck of a defensemen and will dramatically improve this team in the future.  Stay positive, realize #3 is a great pick, #2 or #1 is just the frosting on the cake.

GO B'S!!!!!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxpeat. Show soxpeat's posts

If the B's get the 1st or 2nd pick, April 13th will feel like Christmas.  Fowler would be good at number 3, however, we need scoring and long term scoring.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

Last week, Hall's junior coach, former NHLer Bob Boughner, was on THE FAN 590 here in Toronto and he said he might be biased because Hall plays for him but he likened him to a bigger Pavel Bure but with the same speed; that he was "puck-hungry and will go to any area of the ice to retrieve it." 

Although the Bruins' most obvious need is offence, it sounds like any of the top 3 would be a welcome addition to our club.  The fact that one of these top prospects would be joining an already competitive Bruin team makes it that much sweeter.  Here's hoping whomever PC and company choose, makes an eventual, if not, immediate impact.