Duponts' Salary Cap article and comments...any thoughts?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

Duponts' Salary Cap article and comments...any thoughts?

Wow....tough time to be a GM.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohno1957. Show ohno1957's posts

Re: Duponts' Salary Cap article and comments...any thoughts?

i have said all along, this cap is to low to provide a team that plays by the rules   the right to sign there own free agents. this cap is for greedy and inept owners. the greed comes in when you have owners who constantly want more profits  because there constantly in a hole ( coyotes, Nashville, thrashers) and than you have the inept (toronto, lightning, islanders, and punish the teams like Chicago, Boston, who after years of  not making the play-offs and drafting in a high slot the inability to sign there younger players after years of development in there system.  this system of a salary cap can not work unless it starts at 60 mil a team.... and if you can,t afford the cap  SELL !

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MTLBRUINFAN. Show MTLBRUINFAN's posts

This article is basically saying its near impossible to sign both Kessel and Krejci given the salary cap and the Bruins available funds? KP goes on to say they'll have $8 to $10 million maybe, hows that not enough ?

The article mentions dealing maybe Bergeron or Ryder , what if Fernandez retires does this free up more cap money ? I would try to deal Ryder or Sturm (no trade clause or not) before losing a younger more productive Kessel.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Bergeron, Ryder, Sturm (Next year is last year of Marcos contract) and Savard all have no trade clauses. Fernandez is off the books this year but Rasks contract is almost as big a cap hit.

Krecji or Kessel will have to go. I predict someone will sign Kessel to an offer sheet. Then the Bs get 2 #1 draft picks. Not a good time to be PC is correct!

It's all about the youth movement though and I like it!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ocram. Show ocram's posts

The RFA the other teams would go for is Krejci.  I dont think Kessel will draw as much interest as Krejci would.

I like the guy but they guy they have to move is Bergeron. 4.75 for a 3rd line center is too much money.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nmiller3. Show nmiller3's posts

Bergeron, Ryder, Sturm (Next year is last year of Marcos contract) and Savard all have no trade clauses. Fernandez is off the books this year but Rasks contract is almost as big a cap hit. Krecji or Kessel will have to go. I predict someone will sign Kessel to an offer sheet. Then the Bs get 2 #1 draft picks. Not a good time to be PC is correct! It's all about the youth movement though and I like it!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

If you read the mailbag fluto has said that rask's base contract isn't that high. The incentives in the contract are what make it look so high. there are ways for an organization to limit the chances that the player meets those incentives.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nickvox. Show nickvox's posts

Dump whomever to keep the two K's....Axe, Ryder, Bergeron, Sturm, Kobasew...let em all go and keep the two kids period + sign Lucic for 3-4 years.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohno1957. Show ohno1957's posts

RASK BASE  SALARY FOR 2009 2010.......  850.000

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MTLBRUINFAN. Show MTLBRUINFAN's posts

Dump whomever to keep the two K's....Axe, Ryder, Bergeron, Sturm, Kobasew...let em all go and keep the two kids period + sign Lucic for 3-4 years.
    Posted by nickvox

I agree , keeping both youngsters would be great. Too bad the B's can't move Sturm because his no trade clause. I like Sturm, but the Bruins did well without him and he could warrant a good return in a trade like a tough d man or bigger bodied foward

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

Posted by nickvox

I don't know if I let KOBESEW go. He has the heart of a lion.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

If you read the mailbag fluto has said that rask's base contract isn't that high. The incentives in the contract are what make it look so high. there are ways for an organization to limit the chances that the player meets those incentives.
    Posted by nmiller3

Yes, you can limit what you wind up paying Tuukka, but what you cannot limit is his cap hit. For example Wheeler's base salary was 800K this season, but he had a cap hit of 2.8 million, thats the way the CBA works, the bonuses counts against the cap

Sections
Shortcuts