Dynasty

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanGermany. Show PatsFanGermany's posts

Re: Dynasty

Let's just imagine adding a player comparable to Crosby this year and Iginla next year.  We're looking at 6-8 goals per game.  And we still have picks 15, 32 and 30 next year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MILANlucic17. Show MILANlucic17's posts

Dynasty? Lets just win one cup or better yeat at least make it out of the 2nd round. Another thing you have to factor in when talking about a potential dynasty is the salary cap. We may have a bunch of good young players and not be able to keep them all long term. The blackhawks core is young but there is no way they are going to be able to keep all them for a long time under the cap.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigThree. Show BigThree's posts

Well they always said German Beer was strong

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueEyedGuy. Show BlueEyedGuy's posts

>>I'm not sure what the record is for wins in a season.

Easy...the 1995-96 Detroit Red Wings won 62.  They were 62-13-7 and were lead by none other than Scotty Bowman.  Bowman also lead the 1976-77 Canadiens to 60 wins.  These are the only two times any team has won 60 or more games.

Dynasty talk is way too early, way too contingent on so many factors that it's absurd for any team or fan, no matter what draft picks are upcoming, to think about.  And don't forget this one fact about drafts: you are drafting nothing but the potential of an 18 year-old.   It's a gamble at best.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanGermany. Show PatsFanGermany's posts

You have no idea.  It's ruined American beer for me! 

I used to love bud light, but now I use it to wash my dishes. 

Germans say that American beer is like having sex in a canoe, it's f**king close to water!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanGermany. Show PatsFanGermany's posts

Seriously though, there's alot to get excited about.  We have a great team already and could add have one of the best lines in the NHL 2 years from now.

Imagine if Toronto gives us #1 in 2011?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanGermany. Show PatsFanGermany's posts

They almost won the Cup this year.  Had they won, would dynasty talk still be considered ubsurd?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueEyedGuy. Show BlueEyedGuy's posts

There are some great American beers, you just have to look for the right breweries and stay away from the mass-produced stuff.  Me, my favorites come from Belgium.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

PatsFanGermany  I loved your joke, good one. now on a serious note your quite right that we had a great team this year, but only considering the fact that the injuries and the underacheivers of this team
    As far as the future and dynasty, the potential is there and it all begins with PC does at the draft and by July 1st. Then and only then we will know if the potential of a dynasty exists.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MILANlucic17. Show MILANlucic17's posts

natty light is the best

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueEyedGuy. Show BlueEyedGuy's posts

One Cup does not make a dynasty--just ask the Tampa Bay Lightning. So, yes, even if the Bruins, who were still 9 wins away from a Cup this year, had won the Cup I'd consider dynasty talk absurd, no question.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanGermany. Show PatsFanGermany's posts

In Response to Re: Dynasty:
    There are some great American beers, you just have to look for the right breweries and stay away from the mass-produced stuff.  Me, my favorites come from Belgium.
    Posted by BlueEyedGuy

I'd say my favorite American beer is Yuengling.  But for some reason, they don't sell it in Mass.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanGermany. Show PatsFanGermany's posts

One Cup does not make a dynasty--just ask the Tampa Bay Lightning. So, yes, even if the Bruins, who were still  9 wins away from a Cup this year, had won the Cup I'd consider dynasty talk absurd, no question.
    Posted by BlueEyedGuy

Good example.  So let's say TB, who won it all in 2004, had the 2nd overall pick in 05, and #3 overall in 06.  They would've ended up drafting RW Bobby Ryan, and C Jonathan Toews with those picks alone.  Then add Setoguchi and Stastny and the story turns to Dynasty.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from canubthatdumb. Show canubthatdumb's posts

Jualian will turn all these youngsters into defensive minded im scared to shoot players. Or they will become offensive stars and fight with JULIANN and demand to be traded or sign with another better coached team. In two years juliann has lost us Kessell and Thomas. Which if we had the Vezina winner and the teams leading scorer we easily play the winner of the western finals. But there is zero hope while coach dumbo sets behind the bench with his stupid look which means there is no hope for the draft picks the next two years!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanGermany. Show PatsFanGermany's posts

Jualian will turn all these youngsters into defensive minded im scared to shoot players. Or they will become offensive stars and fight with JULIANN and demand to be traded or sign with another better coached team. In two years juliann has lost us Kessell and Thomas. Which if we had the Vezina winner and the teams leading scorer we easily play the winner of the western finals. But there is zero hope while coach dumbo sets behind the bench with his stupid look which means there is no hope for the draft picks the next two years!
    Posted by canubthatdumb

Keep Hope alive brother.  You seem like a glass half empty kind of guy.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

They almost won the Cup this year.  Had they won, would dynasty talk still be considered ubsurd?
    Posted by PatsFanGermany

How did the Bruins "almost win the Cup this year?" Please explain.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In Response to Re: Dynasty : Good example.  So let's say TB, who won it all in 2004, had the 2nd overall pick in 05, and #3 overall in 06.  They would've ended up drafting RW Bobby Ryan, and C Jonathan Toews with those picks alone.  Then add Setoguchi and Stastny and the story turns to Dynasty.
    Posted by PatsFanGermany

pretty good example of backing up your point

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanGermany. Show PatsFanGermany's posts

Well, remember when they were up 3-0 in the series and then lost the final 4 games?  That has happened only like 4 other times in the history of sports.  Had they won, they would've steamrolled the Canadiens like the Flyers are doing now and played in the SC and beat the sh!t out of the Blackhawks. 

That's how they almost won the Cup. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueEyedGuy. Show BlueEyedGuy's posts

In Response to Re: Dynasty : How did the Bruins "almost win the Cup this year?" Please explain.
    Posted by Kennedy97

9 wins away is the new "close" or "almost" these days.  Soon enough it will be finishing 9th on the final day of the season that will replace "9 wins" as being "close" to winning a Cup.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

Well, remember when they were up 3-0 in the series and then lost the final 4 games?  That has happened only like 4 other times in the history of sports.  Had they won, they would've steamrolled the Canadiens like the Flyers are doing now and played in the SC and beat the sh!t out of the Blackhawks. 

That's how they almost won the Cup.

This is, of course, completely ridiculous.

By your logic, Michael Ryder almost scored 40 goals this season. After all, he scored 18 goals and he hit 25 posts. Had his shot been better by just an inch....only an INCH....he's lit the lamp 40 times. After all, he had the goalie beaten to hit the pipe in the first place....and hitting the post is ALMOST a goal.

The Bruins are in great shape for the future. But the rest (especially the "logic" above) is foolishness. How about winning one Cup (as opposed to 7 playoff games, less than 1/2 necessary to win it all) and then talking potential dynasties?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

I think you have to win 1 first before considering any talk of dynasty.

Having said that; I don't think there will ever be a dynasty in the NHL again due to the salary cap.

You build to take a run for 2-3 years tops.

If any team has a chance at a dynasty; it might be the  Black Hawks but they are already in salary cap trouble next year. 

Before you get too excited; Who does Boston have to match up to;
    Keith Duncan, Toews and Kane all young and all are now proven superstars.
    Offensively, the  Bruins have NO proven superstar, although this year's draft may bring them one in time.

The other ingredient is grit and character.  Look what Mike Richards brings to the table, for example.  No one on the Bruins matched that.  Flyer intensity in the playoffs is what separated them from the Bruins ultimately.  Even Rask couldn't save them.

I like Boston's core team, though, and if they can acquire some pieces they will certainly challenge.  Have to wonder, though, what the playoff collapse to the Flyers will do to their heads.  It will either strengthen their resolve or make them fragile.

2011 should be fun.....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In Response to Re: Dynasty : How did the Bruins "almost win the Cup this year?" Please explain.
    Posted by Kennedy97

Like you kennedy, I don't think they almost won the cup.  the german makes a pretty good point though.
    they proved they can play very well against good teams, they just couldn't sustain it.  that suggests they may be on the brink with a few tweaks.  the future does look pretty good, and the b's do have several options moving forward to strengthen the team.
    the only thing that guards my optimism...is that for the past 2 years, the bruins had the easiest road to the finals, and they still whiffed.  If they have the golden opportunity, to reach the finals, 2 years running, without having to beat an elite team, yet still fail.........
    .............what does that say?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanGermany. Show PatsFanGermany's posts

Well, remember when they were up 3-0 in the series and then lost the final 4 games?  That has happened only like 4 other times in the history of sports.  Had they won, they would've steamrolled the Canadiens like the Flyers are doing now and played in the SC and beat the sh!t out of the Blackhawks.  That's how they almost won the Cup. This is, of course, completely ridiculous. By your logic, Michael Ryder almost scored 40 goals this season. After all, he scored 18 goals and he hit 25 posts. Had his shot been better by just an inch....only an INCH....he's lit the lamp 40 times. After all, he had the goalie beaten to hit the pipe in the first place....and hitting the post is ALMOST a goal. The Bruins are in great shape for the future. But the rest (especially the "logic" above) is foolishness. How about winning one Cup (as opposed to 7 playoff games, less than 1/2 necessary to win it all) and then talking potential dynasties?
    Posted by Kennedy97

How is that completely ridiculous?

Maybe a little ridiculous, but not completely.

There's only two other teams with more wins in the playoffs.  The Flyers who we should've beaten and the Blackhawks.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueEyedGuy. Show BlueEyedGuy's posts

>> If they have the golden opportunity, to reach the finals, 2 years running, >>without having to beat an elite team, yet still fail.........
    />>.............what does that say?

Yeah, the Bruins had an exceedingly favorable opponents (could they have picked better ones in each round?) in both rounds this year and couldn't get the job done.  For all the progress some believe they have achieved this year, the fact that they collapsed against a lower seed has to be considered a negating factor to it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

The main point is on target, let's even dismiss the dynasty idea. 

They are getting a franchise player this year.  PC outright said in the last press conference that they are either going to get Hall or Seguin.  If you've watched them even a little, you'll recognize that they have leadership that can be seen on the ice.  I saw Taylor Hall try to block a shot by diving face first the other night.

Between their own first round pick and the second round pick and with some luck they could end up with a player *LIKE* Bergeron or Lucic - ok, take that with a bit of salt.  Yes, luck must be involved, but the odds are increased since we have 2 shots at landing an NHL starter with a 1st round pick and a second.  Even throw that aside, you will certainly get a depth AHL guy out of one of them.

Then add the other prospects already in the system and the other draftees and let's say they ALL go to the AHL.  One will develop, just based upon odds you will get a guy like Sobotka.

Other than whoever might end up as NHL regulars, the AHL pospect guys will be loaded and will make trade bait.

For 2011, we could repeat a similar scenario.  Things sure don't look good for the Leafs from where I sit.  I would be surprised to see them get out of the bottom 10 and shocked if they make the playoffs.  Even dismiss a really good pick from the Leafs in 2011, 2 first rounders are a good thing.  Worst case scenario you'll get a good looking prospect out of the deal just based upon odds.

I'd be shocked if this team wasn't a "second tier" Cup contender next year and a legit cup contender for the next 3, and possibly all the way to 10 years after that similar to the Detroit experience that we now see dying down.

It's just odds, and odds are on that we make out from these drafts.

Sections
Shortcuts