Edmonton will extort Bs as Bs want Hall!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulyboy. Show paulyboy's posts

Edmonton will extort Bs as Bs want Hall!

Edmonton will force us to give up some pick(s) or current roster player(s) to allow us to take Hall.  It looks like Hall wants to be here and Hall can make it difficult for Edmonton. Edmonton appears to need a center anyway in Seguin, but they are smart enough to know we are well set at center.  Love Halls game and his dynamic play.  Seguin would be great, just like Hall slightly better.

Any thoughts

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: Edmonton will extort Bs as Bs want Hall!

In Response to Re: Edmonton will extort Bs as Bs want Hall!:
    seguin is the perfect fit for EDM, Hall is the perfect fit for us. The oilers GM will probably approach PC at some point, and say, give us x y and z and torontos first for EDMs first. PC is too smart for that, and will just say, fine but were going to take seguin with the 1st overall pick, or say, fine, I'll give you Torontos first and our 5th for your first, but I don't think it will get any more dramatic than that.
    Posted by pbergeron37

LOL... you're just analysing this to death ! Please not till draft day in June. You guys will kill me.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

yeah, If edmonton is smart, they will trade with the Bruins

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulyboy. Show paulyboy's posts

Does anyone know if there is a bigger salaray cap hit on 1 vs 2? May be another reason they let work out a deal for us to take 1 and they take 2... for a cost in players/picks of course and we get stuck with higher salary cap hit.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Tamballeni inherited a mess from Lowe. Souray demanded a trade today ain't going to happen injury prone too phat of a salary no one will take him! Chiarelli is holding the cards he has 3 of the first 32 picks PC doesn't have to do anything but wait on Edmonton.

http://nhlyoungguns.com/NHL-2010-Entry-Draft-List-Round-One/

Unless PC could get a guarantee as to whom Taballeni is going to pick plus take Ryder off our hands but that's not going to happen.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jet88. Show jet88's posts

Chiarelli just has to tell Edmonton, "I'm taking the guy you don't take."

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

How do you know Bruins want Hall--- do you have inside info just like bruins8 who said we had won the lottery--- look how that worked out--lol.

Stop making up crap--- you dont know didly squat about what the Bruins want and even Chia says he want Hall which he won't-- he could be pulling a Belichek and actually want Seguin.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulyboy. Show paulyboy's posts

jyaso
    put down the bong and relax.. I am looking at current needs and the bs have 3 solid centers and are in desperate need for a winger to replace Kessel. Dont even go there with comparing me to Bruins8 who made a pronounced statement that an inside source told him Bs had #1..  Just an opinion. lighting the F up...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

First: 7/2/2009
    Last: 4/13/2010
    jyaso
    put down the bong and relax.. I am looking at current needs and the bs have 3 solid centers and are in desperate need for a winger to replace Kessel. Dont even go there with comparing me to Bruins8 who made a pronounced statement that an inside source told him Bs had #1..  Just an opinion. lighting the F up  

So its your Opinion that the Bruins want Hall? That must mean that its fact---lol!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from saultont. Show saultont's posts

No way I let Edmonton extort the B's....just take whatever they leave...and for that matter it could be Hall....if not... Seguin just as good if not better as he is a year younger than Hall....The Bruins just wait and grab a winger in the next pick...could take a chance on Kabanov or get a guy like Etem..Mcfarland..Skinner or Toffoli....this is one deep draft and keeping your picks the smartest move..anyhow the B's management must be excited....like the rest of you guys cant wait to see how it unfolds in June....right now GO BRUINS  and kick some Buffalo butt.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JonnyRippit. Show JonnyRippit's posts

In Response to Edmonton will extort Bs as Bs want Hall!:
    Edmonton will force us to give up some pick(s) or current roster player(s) to allow us to take Hall.  It looks like Hall wants to be here and Hall can make it difficult for Edmonton. Edmonton appears to need a center anyway in Seguin, but they are smart enough to know we are well set at center.  Love Halls game and his dynamic play.  Seguin would be great, just like Hall slightly better. Any thoughts
    Posted by paulyboy

They will extort us...just like Florida did to Columbus in 2002.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

I give them our 4th pick for Hall, if it comes to that.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reilly24. Show Reilly24's posts

I agree with most here. Let Edmonton take whoever they want and don't give up anything we don't have to. I want Hall on this team as much as anybody but I think Seguin could become the better player. He has played wing before so it's no big deal. I say don't give Edmonton anything, wait and see what happens and go from there. Boston has the most chips in this poker match so there are many, many options on draft day or throughout the summer. However you look at it, thanks to the Leafs our future looks pretty good today.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

If Hall helps his team win another memorial cup edmonton won't trade him.

Otherwise i think PC may trade his 2nd and 32nd pick for hall. I doubt he will trade both of his 1st round pick to get hall.

Seguin is not the guy who will help us. I rather trade him and other prospects for Fowler and Nerreiter

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reilly24. Show Reilly24's posts

If Hall helps his team win another memorial cup edmonton won't trade him. Otherwise i think PC may trade his 2nd and 32nd pick for hall. I doubt he will trade both of his 1st round pick to get hall. Seguin is not the guy who will help us. I rather trade him and other prospects for Fowler and Nerreiter
    Posted by yaz16

You left your helmet on the short bus today didn't you.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Who is ranked no.1 right now ????

Tyler Seguin ....what the oilers need ??  A center ...so where is the problem do you think they will pick Hall over Seguin ??? No way

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2010

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SupportLocal81. Show SupportLocal81's posts

Seems to me this thread is similar to  a movie quote from Crocodile Dundee ( from about 15-20 years ago) when he commented about two fleas arguing over who owns the dog... Doesn't much matter at this point.. PC owns the cards no matter how you look at it... he can stay where he is and take the fallout of who the Oilers do not take.. and fill voids with other picks... God knows, he is stacked with them.. Hope the B'r braintrust parlees this to their advantage and gets the farm team stacked..... Not sure any pick will have an immediate impact but should be fun as these kids develop /mature and end up becoming elite players for many years to come.. How's things in Toronto working out Mr. Burke?... 'Phil the thrill' just may have become your albatross...but was it worth it?  Next to last place, no #1 pick this and next year....yep... great horse trader....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

The Bruins need Hall's skill sets way more the Seguin's. Some type of trade scenario isn't that bad an idea.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vilho. Show Vilho's posts

Edmonton's not trading to the Bruins.  We want Hall maybe, but if you get Seguin they're not in ANY trouble.  They shift someone to wing and voila, the lineup has depth.  Nothing wrong with that as we have some versatile guys like Bergeron, Colborne coming up, etc.  Enjoy having one of the guys we're going to get and don't be an idiot overanalyzing, criticizing and being a hater.  It's why half the good players we get underperform cause theyr'e torn apart on a daily basis by too many backseat goofballs :)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Seems to me this thread is similar to  a movie quote from Crocodile Dundee ( from about 15-20 years ago) when he commented about two fleas arguing over who owns the dog... Doesn't much matter at this point.. PC owns the cards no matter how you look at it... he can stay where he is and take the fallout of who the Oilers do not take.. and fill voids with other picks... God knows, he is stacked with them.. Hope the B'r braintrust parlees this to their advantage and gets the farm team stacked..... Not sure any pick will have an immediate impact but should be fun as these kids develop /mature and end up becoming elite players for many years to come.. How's things in Toronto working out Mr. Burke?... 'Phil the thrill' just may have become your albatross...but was it worth it?  Next to last place, no #1 pick this and next year....yep... great horse trader....
    Posted by SupportLocal81

Me thinks the same on that issue.  Chiarelli should not play poker, the game was won on last night's deal.  To think next year the Bs have two picks is also intriguing.  I am sure another Toronto Tracker thread will be started.    

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

B's are where they want to be, either pick will be a great one, so sit back relax and watch the playoffs.

A LW scorer or a RH center that can play wing and score goals, why would anyone trade a probable useful pick to trade up or trade down for an f'n D.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Eberle and Hall were magic at the world juniors...Hall will put people in the seats(not that Edmonton Needs that- they have a very loyal fan base).  Edmonton does need centers but can easily trade some of the youth they have and land a top line center...

I would bet my marbles Hall is an Oiler...I am not a big Hall fan but edmonton won't pass on this chance...Seguin may be a better player someday...but the better bet is on Hall...

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

People think the management that's in now is the same group of idiots who traded Thornton. Mike O'Connell is the reason why we don't have Thornton, and his decision is the same reason why he was fired. He was an idiot who made a franchise ruining move and that's why he hasn't been named to a GM position since. Don't compare the Kessel situation to Thornton's either, because we cleared what would've been a big cap hit and got multiple high picks as a result, which is what should've happened when we traded Thornton. 

We'll keep the #2 pick, pick whichever of the Hall/Seguin combo that Edmonton doesn't pick, and he'll be second or third line to start the season (the big reason being that you don't want to rush his development. Whichever one we get will most likely show himself worthy and improve enough to be up to the first line by the end of the season, or on whichever line he has the most chemistry with.

For the record, if Chiarelli compares Seguin to Stamkos and Hall to Iginla that it's a 50-50 chance on either, but I'd be more interested in whichever player is faster. I think Hall would excite the fans more, if the Pavel Bure comparisons are apt then he could be faster than Kessel. Hall also has more guts to go into corners and fight things out, instead of playing the soft game that Kessel is known for. Kessel was benched at the Olympics because he wouldn't play a grittier game, always letting the other team get the puck if it meant he didn't get hit.

I don't see Chiarelli making any moves with that pick, he's confident in who he wants and he's not going to be swindled to move up one spot.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

The bruins don't have to do anything, if we do make the trade its probably a prospect center and the 1 pick.. Hamill, Arniel etc, EDM can not "extort" the bruins where the picks, and the 2 players in question,  are so close.  Keep in mind that "high scoring winger" we need to replace that people keep talking about, was actually a lousy center when we drafted him..

Seguin is a natural center, that makes him a better fit for edmonton and they're needs..

Sections
Shortcuts