Edmonton will extort Bs as Bs want Hall!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulyboy. Show paulyboy's posts

Re: Edmonton will extort Bs as Bs want Hall!

I see all points on this and appreciate the feedback.. My only take was/is that if we being the Bs have a honest interest in Hall then making a play for him makes sense.  Considering we are not in this position all that often they should make a move for whoever they want. They will probably never have this many chips at their disposal.  I dont understand the logic of sitting back and just taking what is left.  If you really like one of the two then make an effort to get them.  Like I said it is not often we are in position with this many options.  Lets take our time and make an effort to go for who management wants.. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

In Response to Re: Edmonton will extort Bs as Bs want Hall!:
    I see all points on this and appreciate the feedback.. My only take was/is that if we being the Bs have a honest interest in Hall then making a play for him makes sense.  Considering we are not in this position all that often they should make a move for whoever they want. They will probably never have this many chips at their disposal.  I dont understand the logic of sitting back and just taking what is left.  If you really like one of the two then make an effort to get them.  Like I said it is not often we are in position with this many options.  Lets take our time and make an effort to go for who management wants.. 
    Posted by paulyboy

I think thats just it, we have greater needs at wing, but does anyone "really" like one kid more then the next, were loaded at center with few wings in the system, that leads to believe we draft (ala that pats) the best players available, and less often based on need..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Best case for boston would be if edmonton would stop playing mind games, draft Hall 1st and trade him to us for the 2nd and 32nd pick.

They need and want Seguin and we want Hall. For their peace of mind or added luxury i would be willing to included the 32nd pick

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

It just makes too much sense for Edmonton and Boston NOT to trade. However, I'd be happy with either.

The only thing that would bring down this trade is if Edmonton spazzes out and demands TOR's #1 next season for the swap.

However, Chiarelli said he has a favorite already... I think he might have said that with the intention of saying NOTHING to edmonton. Chia might be playing mind games, trying to get EDM to think we like Seguin and are just waiting till draft day to get him.

Think about it, If Chia says he has a preference, than does nothing to reach out to EDM, maybe that makes Edm try to force the trade rather than the bruins. It totally changes who has the leverage

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

I don't know why they wouldn't be happy to just have either, and hold tight.

If they get Seguin.... Then trade Savard or move Bergeron to wing.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

It just makes too much sense for Edmonton and Boston NOT to trade. However, I'd be happy with either. The only thing that woul bring down this trade is if Edmonton spazzes out and demands TOR's #1 next season for the swap. However, Chiarelli said he has a favorite already... I think he might have said that with the intention of saying NOTHING to edmonton. Chia might be playing mind games, trying to get EDM to think we like Seguin and are just waiting till draft day to get him. Think about it, If Chia says he has a preference, than does nothing to reach out to EDM, maybe that makes Edm try to force the trade rather than the bruins. It totally changes who has the leverage
    Posted by OlsonicCreations

I can agree, but where did you see this, last night no one spoke up saying they had a guy they wanted if they got one, and Chiarelli when specifically asked said no, followed by even if i did i wouldnt tell you..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

Edmonton's not trading to the Bruins.  We want Hall maybe, but if you get Seguin they're not in ANY trouble.  They shift someone to wing and voila, the lineup has depth.  Nothing wrong with that as we have some versatile guys like Bergeron, Colborne coming up, etc. 

" Enjoy having one of the guys we're going to get and don't be an idiot overanalyzing, criticizing and being a hater.  It's why half the good players we get underperform cause theyr'e torn apart on a daily basis by too many backseat goofballs :)"
    Posted by Vilho

great point

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Unless one of you knuckleheads knows PC personally, took him out and got him drunk enough to spill it, you have no way of knowing they prefer Hall over Seguin. They may see greater upside in Seguin even if he doesn't fit the more immediate need of the team. Or maybe they think Hall is the next Cam Neely and Seguin is Pierre Turgeon's illegitimate son. 
    You just don't know. 
    But it sure is fun to guess, eh? :) 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lordorr04. Show lordorr04's posts

yeah, If edmonton is smart, they will trade with the Bruins
    Posted by OlsonicCreations

What do you mean? If they are smart they will just take who they want and let the B's take whoever is left.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

There is a chance for a deal here - Chiarelli acknowledged as much when he said he was sure he'd be speaking to Tambellini.  But it won't be extortion or there won't be a conversation.  Seguin is too good a consolation prize, and there are too many ways to address needs to sacrifice significant assets in a deep draft.

Chiarelli would be a fool to be so single-minded that he has to have Hall at any cost.  If the Bruins had a 3rd rounder, I'd say it would be a 3rd rounder for the Oil to take Seguin.  Maybe next year's 3rd?  Anything more and I think PC says no, you know, we'll just take the guy you leave and make any other moves we need to make.  Maybe that means, instead of ditching the 32 or the other first rounder just to move up, you look for a winger in one or both of those spots - Etem, Kabanov, Watson, etc.  That's what it comes down to - Seguin and a player like one of those three, or just Hall (if a deal is even necessary).

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

After hearing Hall and Seguin speak last night on TV , I think that Seguin seems to have  a better level of maturity at this point just listening to him.. Calm , cool and collected..they are saying that he will eventually prove to be a better player in the long run.. Good enough for me.. Take Seguin.. although reading some Edmonton journalist comments , they think Oilers will take a centre over a wingman..so they might take Seguin.. all I know is the Bruins cant move this pick and PC won't ..its

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

First: 9/18/2009
    Last: 4/14/2010
    Unless one of you knuckleheads knows PC personally, took him out and got him drunk enough to spill it, you have no way of knowing they prefer Hall over Seguin. They may see greater upside in Seguin even if he doesn't fit the more immediate need of the team. Or maybe they think Hall is the next Cam Neely and Seguin is Pierre Turgeon's illegitimate son. 
    You just don't know. 
    But it sure is fun to guess, eh? :)

EXACTLY!  At least someone else gets it.  I don't know where all of you get your info that the Bruins prefer Hall.  Just keep assuming it!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

i imagine Peter is laughing his head off if he reads any of these comments. Edmonton needs a top center, therefore they will take Seguin. Then Peter takes Hall for Savvy's wing. That is just the start. with the problems like Ryder, Wideman, and other non-value players, chiarelli has a major task ahead

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mlgvt48. Show mlgvt48's posts

We will not be doing any trading. If we get the best player (Seguin) then so be it! We will work a trade or shift someone to wing.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

If already noted...sorry.

If the B's really prefer Hall over Seguin this is what needs to happen and it won't cost the B's a thing.

Orr tells Tambelini that Hall wants no parts of playing or living in Edmonton and will not sign if picked by them.  If Edm calls his bluff then move, let Edm take Hall and deal with that and take Seguin.  But the Oliers are sensative to this issue and might not want this kind of story out there again.  To save face, they pick Seguin based on team need and knowing he won't play the "Edm is freezing cold and I hate it there" card and the B's get Hall.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

..Orr tells Tambelini that Hall wants no parts of playing or living in Edmonton and will not sign if picked by them. .
    Posted by misterpaulo

Spot-on paulo. I was thinking the same thing yesterday. There is a really good chance that Hall ends up in a Bruins uniform. Persoanlly, I would be happy to have either one of them playing for the Bs, who would just have a wonderful problem of having tons of depth down the middle. It's much easier to shift a player from Center to wing than to convert a wing to center.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

I'm OK with shifting centres as well.  You can never have enough capable centres.  When was the last year our 3 top centremen stayed healthy all season?  I can't even remember.  Savvy, this year.  Bergeron last year and the year before alonf with Savvy.  Its a win win! 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Morph..

Hamill is a hardnosed player?? what

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

bring on colburne, garon  sauve  segin and forget about the rest  

Sections
Shortcuts