Eklund, Eklund, Eklund

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

Eklund, Eklund, Eklund

I know its Eklund but he is now reporting the Coyotes could be set to aquire Marc Savard from the Bruins????

I doubt it happens. I know he is wrong 99% of the time but sometimes I enjoy the entertainment he provides.

Thoughts?? Return??

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Re: Eklund, Eklund, Eklund

For who?  If it involves Yandle I wouldn't mind it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeguinMyTime. Show SeguinMyTime's posts

In Response to Eklund, Eklund, Eklund:
    [QUOTE]I know its Eklund but he is now reporting the Coyotes could be set to aquire Marc Savard from the Bruins???? I doubt it happens. I know he is wrong 99% of the time but sometimes I enjoy the entertainment he provides. Thoughts?? Return??
    Posted by lucicfan[/QUOTE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HY-03vYYAjA

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Yes, Savard would waive his NTC to go to the desert, and the Coyotes want to commit to a 7 year, ~$28M deal.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to Eklund, Eklund, Eklund:
    [QUOTE]I know its Eklund but he is now reporting the Coyotes could be set to aquire Marc Savard from the Bruins???? I doubt it happens. I know he is wrong 99% of the time but sometimes I enjoy the entertainment he provides. Thoughts?? Return??

One mistake , he is wrong 100 % of the time .

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

Im not saying it true, I actually highly doubt its true I just saw it and thought I would share it. oh ya he says (e3) what ever that means?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

In Response to Re: Eklund, Eklund, Eklund:
    [QUOTE]Im not saying it true, I actually highly doubt its true I just saw it and thought I would share it. oh ya he says (e3) what ever that means?

Being the loan defender of Eklund around here, possibly, the loan supporter in the world, although he does appear to be making a living out of this crap.  I believe E3 means that he believes it is being discussed but not close enough to say it's likely.  Since you posted it seems that he has upgraded it to a e3-4.  E5 indicates its a virtual certainty.  Clearly Eklund is not implying that this is a done deal or even likely at this point.

For those who say he never gets anything right, he got Horton to Boston 6 Hours before anyone else.  He nailed some other good ones this summer which I just don't remember. 

Now, Eklund reports rumors, this is what he does.  When he reports that there are discussions going on and nothing happens, it doesn't mean he was wrong. GMs talk all the time and rarely does something come of it.  I read his stuff because I think it's the closest I will ever get to being "a fly on the wall".  I only hope he doesn't fabricate stuff, that's realy the only standard I hold him to.  If he reports something a front office guy told him and nothing happens so be it.  If the front office has reason to spread false rumors, and Eklund reports that in good faith, again he gets a pass from me.  Impressively, many times Eklund will report a rumor he heard and will flat out say, "I'm not buying it" or "it's from a reliable source, but I think he got this one wrong".  Well that's good enough for me. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

- For every 1 rumor Eklund gets correct, he gets approximately 30 incorrect (457 wrong, 15 right for 3.1%)

- He finished off 2008 calender year (exactly 1 year of our tracking) with a 2.3% accuracy rating

- He proved www.kuklaskorner.com/index.php/mc/">Mike Chen’s theory was ABSOLUTELY TRUE,  that his success rating is slightly less than picking a team out of a hat

http://hockeybuzzhogwash.com/?p=2022

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teddytheo. Show Teddytheo's posts

Yeah, you definitely have to take Eklund's rumors with a grain of salt. I don't see any team going after Savard, due to his concussion.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

Better chance we'll see Marc Savard for Santa Claus

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

[QUOTE]Better chance we'll see Marc Savard for Santa Claus
    Posted by olsonstephanie[/QUOTE]
    Throw in Rudolph to replace the red light over the 'away' net in Boston, and I'd do it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Fairy tales come true when eklund is involved. marc has not played a game this year, he has a major concussion, plus a 7yr 28 m contract why would phoenix be interested. If marc was healthy that is one thing. but he is not. Point 2 , IF RYDER goes through a 2 week cold spell he or sturm should be sent to providence more of a chance ryder than sturm because sturm could help the team out on special teams when shorthanded. Another thing concerning yandle why would phoenix deal him anyway he is a good puck moving d- man still young, and the best thing he is cheap at 1.2 mil a year. IF PC is not going to demote anybody to providence then he is going to have to throw in torontos pick in any deal and maybe they would take a michael ryders contract or sturms, this other stuff is just FAIRY TALE STUFF. I agree with dunnie a 100 percent. Again lets wait until marc savard gets healthy by mid season by then maybe he could contribute. their is no need to rush him back. It is either ryder or sturm , because wheeler is only making 2.2 mil that is not going to get us under the cap so is off the list as of now unless he goes into a seperate deal that we know nothing about.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

[QUOTE]- For every 1 rumor Eklund gets correct, he gets approximately 30 incorrect (457 wrong, 15 right for 3.1%) - He finished off 2008 calender year (exactly 1 year of our tracking) with a 2.3% accuracy rating - He proved  www.kuklaskorner.com/index.php/mc/ " /> Mike Chen’s theory was ABSOLUTELY TRUE,  that his success rating is slightly less than picking a team out of a hat http://hockeybuzzhogwash.com/?p=2022
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

Can you describe how you came up with 457 wrong.  I assume that these were cases where he said it was absolutely certain that the deal would happen.  I mean I've said it before, if he says two GMs are talking, and it turns out nothing happens, that does not make him wrong.  It does make for some fun numbers with which you can manpulate anyway you want, I guess.

My opinion is that this type of math is unfair at best.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

95 PERCENT OF HIS STUFF IS WRONG. But it is still fun to read, it is like the dailey gossip web site,  he say kovi to kings done deal signs with nj. then reported the insane russian story involving the bruins that never happened, and never followed up on it acting like he never even said it . Look i am not saying that he is not good at what he does but do not take the story and run with it because half of it is not correct but that is my issue with it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Eklund, Eklund, Eklund : Being the loan defender of Eklund around here, possibly, the loan supporter in the world, although he does appear to be making a living out of this crap.  I believe E3 means that he believes it is being discussed but not close enough to say it's likely.  Since you posted it seems that he has upgraded it to a e3-4.  E5 indicates its a virtual certainty.  Clearly Eklund is not implying that this is a done deal or even likely at this point. For those who say he never gets anything right, he got Horton to Boston 6 Hours before anyone else.  He nailed some other good ones this summer which I just don't remember.  Now, Eklund reports rumors, this is what he does.  When he reports that there are discussions going on and nothing happens, it doesn't mean he was wrong. GMs talk all the time and rarely does something come of it.  I read his stuff because I think it's the closest I will ever get to being "a fly on the wall".  I only hope he doesn't fabricate stuff, that's realy the only standard I hold him to.  If he reports something a front office guy told him and nothing happens so be it.  If the front office has reason to spread false rumors, and Eklund reports that in good faith, again he gets a pass from me.  Impressively, many times Eklund will report a rumor he heard and will flat out say, "I'm not buying it" or "it's from a reliable source, but I think he got this one wrong".  Well that's good enough for me. 
    Posted by RickyHussle[/QUOTE]

How are you involved with Eklund's mortgage?

Sections
Shortcuts