Eklund Update

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ToughestOfAllTime. Show ToughestOfAllTime's posts

Eklund Update

For what it's worth...

On Patrick Sharp...

The Bruins, Leafs, and Sabres are now in the rumor mill...It feels as though Sharp will be moved, while Niemi will stay in Chicago...However, as I have been saying for some time now, the Hawks have interest in Turco...as an insurance policy.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

Re: Eklund Update

Eklund's been shaking up the Magic 8 ball again?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Raskman. Show Raskman's posts

What I'm reading there is that Eklund thinks Sharp is being moved so there is a 90% chance that it isn't going to happen.  Although a blind squirrel does find a nut from time to time.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mebackagin. Show mebackagin's posts

How does Eklund continue to even pretend to be viable media commodity when everthing he says or predicts never comes true? Even Dreger makes fun of the guy. I've checked out his site over the past 2-3 years he's never got it right not once!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to Re: Eklund Update:
    What I'm reading there is that Eklund thinks Sharp is being moved so there is a 90% chance that it isn't going to happen.  Although a blind squirrel does find a nut from time to time.
    Posted by Raskman

Eklund's parroting LeBrun, who reported that a day or two ago. But really, it's just common sense. Chicago's matched the offer sheet to Hjalmarsson, they're trying to re-sign Niemi, nobody wants to take on Campbell's massive contract, and they're over the cap by the size of a small country's GNP. They're not going to trade Toews or Kane or Hossa; what else can they do?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Raskman. Show Raskman's posts

In Response to Re: Eklund Update : Eklund's parroting LeBrun, who reported that a day or two ago. But really, it's just common sense. Chicago's matched the offer sheet to Hjalmarsson, they're trying to re-sign Niemi, nobody wants to take on Campbell's massive contract, and they're over the cap by the size of a small country's GNP. They're not going to trade Toews or Kane or Hossa; what else can they do?
    Posted by duinne

I read a blog that said it's a choice between Sharp and Niemi.  Some say that Chicago will let the goalie with less then a season under his belt walk if his arbitration award is too much.  All speculation at this point though. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Raskman. Show Raskman's posts

I found the blog:

http://bit.ly/a0DH3W

Some of it makes sense.  Although everybody with a site has an opinion. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ToughestOfAllTime. Show ToughestOfAllTime's posts

In Response to Re: Eklund Update : I read a blog that said it's a choice between Sharp and Niemi.  Some say that Chicago will let the goalie with less then a season under his belt walk if his arbitration award is too much.  All speculation at this point though. 
    Posted by Raskman

Opinions on Sharp as a Bruin and what would we have to give up?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canbostondoit. Show Canbostondoit's posts

To get a winger/a great PK who can score like Sharp someone who will have an immediate impact for the Bruins would be a good prospect(ie Suave or Caron) and maybe Hunwick.

Then the Ryder situation would be waivers and Bruins will have to sign McQuaid cause of all minor d men he has the most NHL experience.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

This is Eklund. Why even waste your time

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

We could only go after Sharp if Savard is traded

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Chicago's been pretty firm on not dealing Patrick Sharp.  They still have other options that would hurt their competitiveness less, too - like dumping Huet in the minors or moving Dave Bolland.  Do both and you free up $9M.  Niemi and Toivonen (the Return of Hannu sounds like a '50s sci-fi movie) might add up to $3.5M, and they'd need 4 forwards and 2 D with the remaining $5.5M - less than $1M per, but close to enough that they can play a number of entry-level contracts and maybe get Nick Boynton to play on the cheap!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

We could only go after Sharp if Savard is traded
    Posted by KrayzieJoe

Replace "Sharp" with "Thomas."

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

n Response to Re: Eklund Update:
    Chicago's been pretty firm on not dealing Patrick Sharp.  They still have other options that would hurt their competitiveness less, too - like dumping Huet in the minors or moving Dave Bolland.  Do both and you free up $9M.  Niemi and Toivonen (the Return of Hannu sounds like a '50s sci-fi movie) might add up to $3.5M, and they'd need 4 forwards and 2 D with the remaining $5.5M - less than $1M per, but close to enough that they can play a number of entry-level contracts and maybe get Nick Boynton to play on the cheap!
    Posted by Bookboy007

Dumping Huet is a given, IMHO, though I've heard he might go to Switzerland. But that still means they have to sign something like 10 players. They'll have to do quite a bit more.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Nobody wants Thomas, at least Savard has trade value.  I wouldn't feel so bad about trading Savard if Sharp was coming to Boston.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Raskman. Show Raskman's posts

Nobody wants Thomas, at least Savard has trade value.  I wouldn't feel so bad about trading Savard if Sharp was coming to Boston.
    Posted by KrayzieJoe

If it's Savard for Sharp, that's fine.  We would still need to clear a bunch of cap space to round out the roster.  We have about a million left in space and 3 guys to sign.  That's not good math.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsYear. Show BruinsYear's posts

How does Eklund continue to even pretend to be viable media commodity when everthing he says or predicts never comes true? Even Dreger makes fun of the guy. I've checked out his site over the past 2-3 years he's never got it right not once!
    Posted by mebackagin

Ummm because people like you keep going back to his site for information...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lucic-for-three. Show Lucic-for-three's posts

Eklund is never right. There is no point in reading his blog. He is always wrong. I think he just makes up sources. 

Sections
Shortcuts