Eklund....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Re: Eklund....

Be prepared Conor I believe you have brought the rapture upon us.....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

So despite the fact that every person who doesn't like Eklund will feel the need to click on this link to read what he has to say, only so that they can tell you how awful the guy is and how they would never ever, let their eyes be exposed to any of his written words.  I am going to get involved in a thread that is bound to devolve.

Here's the link
    http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklund/UpdatedStempniak-Close-Leafs-talking-Ducks-FlyersKings-more/1/29814

Here's the pertinent text which leads the article.
    Regarding this morning's rumor. There are not one, but two teams affected by what could go down in Nashville. The Bruins are one of those teams, and if this all plays out as I have heard it may, we will have something to talk about for some time. The Preds news is not completely clear yet, but may not involve any current players on their roster.

Beware people (NAS) everything I write will be speculative, I will not forcce you to read it.  Please don't if you will feel the need to bash the idea of speculation afterwards.  Please do read if you in fact enjoy speculating yourself and might like to add your own speculation.

I think a big time player could (I highlight this because if it doesn't happen people on this board will swear that he said it was guaranteed) going to Nashville.  What makes this so hard to decipher is that Nashville needs everything.

Nashville Roster provided by Capgeek.
    http://www.capgeek.com/charts.php?Team=19

Toronto and Boston are the two teams that most people speculate are still open to making major moves.  I would throw Ottawa in there as a wild card, just because eventhough they claim Spezza is locked in after the bonus was paid doesn't make it so.  It could be possible with Nashville's Cap Space that they grab Spezza from the Senators with prospects.  It also could be possible that Ottawa and the B's have a tentative deal in place for Savard.  I think this is unlikely unless there is a way Ottawa could receive money in the deal.  That part I am unsure of.  I think that part makes it unlikely because you don't want to trade away Player A to get player B in town if you already paid player A a roster bonus meaning the balacnce of the year is cheaper then the balnce of player B's when Player A is the better player.  This is the case when you insert Spezza as player A and Savard as player B.  The only way it is possible is if the prospects/picks are through the roof ala the Kessell deal.

So that's just one possiblity.  What do you think?

Ottawa Roster provided by Capgeek.
    http://www.capgeek.com/charts.php?Team=23

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Times are tough.  Massive drought, my landscaping is suffering and no sign of any rain in sight - and the hockey news is going the same way.  Watch Bear Grylls - or the survivor man - when you're in the desert and dying of thirst like we all are, you may have to drink your own pee.  Or it may even get worse and you start reading Eklund, yes, it knocks your pride down a few notches, but you have to survive somehow.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

Who the heck could we be getting/giving to trashville?  Radulov, colin wilson?  Is that enough for savvy?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Nashville like the Islanders, Avalanche plus a few others are on a shoe string budget there owners won't budge as far as spending. $7Mil commitment till 2015 ouch that is a tough one to move even a 3 way I just don't see either Boston nor Nashville taking that kind of a contract.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Couple this with the B's telling Colborne that a spot might be available, and I start thinking that a winger might also be on the move.

For some reason, I give this a little more credit than the normal BS.  I'm probably a fool for doing so, and will regret it.  I should hit the delete button right now.  I should not click the "add your post" button.

But I will.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

Nashville is short of centers, as they traded Jason Arnott to the Devils this summer, and have not replaced him yet.

Since Boston has an overabundance of centers, and PC was in trade talks with Nashville last summer about Kessel, there is that angle to latch on to for speculation.

Whether something actually happens ....... Oh, and look for Eklund to mention Savard to Nashville soon.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from winexpos. Show winexpos's posts

The other person that the Bruins may be interested in from Nashville is Ryan Ellis.  The Bruins showed interest in him last year and there are talks in Windsor hockey circles that this may still be the case.

On the small size for a defenseman at 5' 10" 170 lbs but is a very good puck moving D with skills on the power play. He was picked 1st round 11th overall in 2009

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Eklund....:
    [QUOTE]The other person that the Bruins may be interested in from Nashville is Ryan Ellis.  The Bruins showed interest in him last year and there are talks in Windsor hockey circles that this may still be the case. On the small size for a defenseman at 5' 10" 170 lbs but is a very good puck moving D with skills on the power play. He was picked 1st round 11th overall in 2009
    Posted by winexpos[/QUOTE]

That would be a nice pickup. I would compare his style of play with a Brian Rafalski or possibly Dan Boyle. Ellis is really good as a PP QB and has a big shot from the blueline. Ellis was a big reason why Windsor was so dangerous on the PP last season .

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

The title of this thread proves Boston.com needs to update their foul language filters.

In Response to Eklund....:
    [QUOTE]Does anyone know what eklund is talking about with his Nashville post? He says some how some way it will affect the B's.
    Posted by connor20[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Looking at Nashville's roster it's apparent that they do not have very much talent up front and seem to like one year deals. Since Ryder would be a one year deal, and NAS's favorite Hamill could be a one year deal; add in Mark Stuart, another one year deal, and even Marchand's[ since they like small and fast] There may be possibilities in store over the next few weeks. rumors we live for.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE]Couple this with the B's telling Colborne that a spot might be available, and I start thinking that a winger might also be on the move. For some reason, I give this a little more credit than the normal BS.  I'm probably a fool for doing so, and will regret it.  I should hit the delete button right now.  I should not click the "add your post" button. But I will.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

To borrow a wise line I read somewhere: Oh no, NAS, not you too!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernBrewin. Show NorthernBrewin's posts

Eklund to TMZ for future considerations.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I'll take the title of the thread to mean "carte blanche on throwing fecal matter at the wall" and say that the news out of Nashville will be the return of Radulov.  That trickles down to the Bruins one of two ways: either they need a centre to play with him or they need to cut bait with Radulov and are looking to trade him to the highest bidder.  Nashville's offer for Kessel was rumoured to include Radulov as a focal point, and they were the 'other' possible destination for PK, so the idea's out there anyway.

Let's see if that sticks....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

[QUOTE]The other person that the Bruins may be interested in from Nashville is Ryan Ellis.  The Bruins showed interest in him last year and there are talks in Windsor hockey circles that this may still be the case. On the small size for a defenseman at 5' 10" 170 lbs but is a very good puck moving D with skills on the power play. He was picked 1st round 11th overall in 2009
    Posted by winexpos[/QUOTE]
    This seems reasonable. The Predators have 2 very good young D on their team right now in Shea Weber and Ryan Suter, and are stacked with some very good D prospects in their pipeline (Jon Blum, Ryan Ellis, Cody Franson, CO Roussel). They can afford to trade one of their young D.

Basically, Nashville has lots of what we need (Offensive D), and we have lots of what they need (Centers). I believe Jon Blum was rumored to be in the Kessel trade talks last summer as well.

In sum, Nashville and Boston are logical trade partners.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Ryder and Boston's 1st in 2011 for Ellis?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

[QUOTE]Ryder and Boston's 1st in 2011 for Ellis?
    Posted by KrayzieJoe[/QUOTE]

Make it happen.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Eklund.... : To borrow a wise line I read somewhere: Oh no, NAS, not you too!
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

I know, I know.  Once in a great while, something seems more legit from that fool.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

NAS, not even a comment about Zach Hamill?? Some sources said that he had improved over the last part of last season.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Perhaps Savard to Ottawa for Mike Fisher, Fisher to Nashville for Ryan Ellis, Ellis to Boston?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Wow, I love it.  Glad to see that speculation hasn't killed any of the outspoken Eklund haters.

Smile

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Eklund to TMZ for future considerations."

Ha Ha post of the thread Nice!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Espo72. Show Espo72's posts

Nevermind Ellis. Savard for Fisher straight up.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Fisher has a no trade and we can't afford his salary, and he's another center.  He might waive it to go to Nashville for the wife.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from sclifton-4-freespeech. Show sclifton-4-freespeech's posts

[QUOTE]Times are tough.  Massive drought, my landscaping is suffering and no sign of any rain in sight - and the hockey news is going the same way.  Watch Bear Grylls - or the survivor man - when you're in the desert and dying of thirst like we all are, you may have to drink your own pee.  Or it may even get worse and you start reading Eklund, yes, it knocks your pride down a few notches, but you have to survive somehow.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

now that's fraken funny! think my whole office heard me laugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Sections
Shortcuts