ESPN Insider: Bruins 'Aggresively trying to deal Savard"??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

Re: ESPN Insider: Bruins 'Aggresively trying to deal Savard"??

If they deal Savard which I think is stupid, Its because they are drafting Seguin. Wheeler will be lucky to even be on the team next year let alone playing center.

KEEP SAVARD PC

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

If they move Savard (and I don't think they will, or should) it will have nothing to do with Wheeler.  The Bruins have plenty of depth at center without Wheeler, especially with Seguin coming on in all likelihood.  I think that Wheeler is certain to be dealt for whatever they can get for him, probably to move up in the draft at some point.  Thomas seems more likely to be moved than Savard, IMO.  Also, ESPN's hockey coverage stinks.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

Pierre LeBrun Pierre LeBrun 8 minutes ago

Spoke with Burke. No truth whatsoever to Boston-Toronto trade rumors. Big guy is not happy about it either.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from McKodiak5. Show McKodiak5's posts

check out this discussion...

http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a9528Discussion%3a305a484a-508d-4a2a-a4f9-c409b0e01039

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

Savard is going nowhere folks. Chia said (today) he is shoring up the D using some pics  so look for him to trade more picks, the rights to wheeler and a prospect for a proven puck mover.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

In Response to Re: ESPN Insider: Bruins 'Aggresively trying to deal Savard"??:
    Savard is going nowhere folks. Chia said (today) he is shoring up the D using some pics  so look for him to trade more picks, the rights to wheeler and a prospect for a proven puck mover.
    Posted by bridgemanusa

He also said "no comment" when Haggerty asked about trading Savard. May be nothing, but he did not deny nor shoot down the situation.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from fp4778. Show fp4778's posts

I just don't get the let's trade Savard talk. Apparently the logic is that the Bruins are currently deep at centre and they will draft a centre ie Seguin. One problem, we don't have Seguin yet and even if we do draft him there is this little issue of making the team. And if he doesn't make the team who the hell is going to replace Savard. For the love of god can we hold on to one of the premiere centers in the league just a little longer to see if wonder boy is even on the roster in October? And the idea of trading Savard just to move up in the draft, which falls off considerably after Hall & Seguin....well I can't even go there.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I just don't get the let's trade Savard talk. Apparently the logic is that the Bruins are currently deep at centre and they will draft a centre ie Seguin. One problem, we don't have Seguin yet and even if we do draft him there is this little issue of making the team. And if he doesn't make the team who the hell is going to replace Savard. For the love of god can we hold on to one of the premiere centers in the league just a little longer to see if wonder boy is even on the roster in October? And the idea of trading Savard just to move up in the draft, which falls off considerably after Hall & Seguin....well I can't even go there.
    Posted by FP4877

I completely agree.  If the team had a premiere center, I wouldn't want them to trade him away.

I am 100% behind the idea of trading Savard, however.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from fp4778. Show fp4778's posts

In Response to Re: ESPN Insider: Bruins 'Aggresively trying to deal Savard"?? : I completely agree.  If the team had a premiere center, I wouldn't want them to trade him away. I am 100% behind the idea of trading Savard, however.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

So the Bruins are left with Bergeron and Krecji. Who do you propose they acquire as an equivalent replacement for Savard with a cap hit of 4 mil?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

The only reason the Bruins should trade Savard, is in a deal to acquire another forward, considering it's STILL the Bruins #1 priority.  I really hope the Bruins don't move him for a d-man, they'll already have depth there if they can resign Boychuk and Stuart. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: ESPN Insider: Bruins 'Aggresively trying to deal Savard"?? : So the Bruins are left with Bergeron and Krecji. Who do you propose they acquire as an equivalent replacement for Savard with a cap hit of 4 mil?
    Posted by FP4877

Patrick Sharp would be fine. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: ESPN Insider: Bruins 'Aggresively trying to deal Savard"?? : So the Bruins are left with Bergeron and Krecji. Who do you propose they acquire as an equivalent replacement for Savard with a cap hit of 4 mil?
    Posted by FP4877

Matt Moulson

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Aren't the Hawks trying to dump salary ?  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.thebruinsblog.net/2010/06/23/hortons-arrival-could-mean-show-time-or-dog-show/

"That’s where the second part of this equation comes in: making sure Horton has the right environment to thrive. That starts with the Bruins not messing with their depth up the middle. It means shaking this idea that moving Savard, their best offensive player four years running (who took a cap-friendly deal to stay) for a defenseman or another winger somehow makes the Bruins better. Boston right now has the perfect combination of a great playmaker, a solid two-way performer and one of the best defensive forwards in the league (with a little offensive pizazz) manning its middle."

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lordy4. Show lordy4's posts

If the Bruins draft Seguin, I can see trading Savard. I like Savard, but what exactly did he do last season? He missed half the season with injuries. After losing Krejci in the Flyers series, the Bruins needed Savard to step up & where was he? Krejci will be a #1 center. So will Seguin. Bergeron is a better two way player and is a lot younger. Savard is an excellent playmaker, but he is expendable if Seguin is our pick. If the Oilers would take Seguin & we get Hall, then keep Savard.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mattyb9977. Show Mattyb9977's posts

Lordy4

how could you expect savy to come back and "step it up" after missing that much time?

We were lucky to have him back, granted he sucked in the playoff minus his OT goal. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

NAS - Matt Moulson is your solution? Moulson? come on man. First off, he is a LW, second off he has one good NHL season under his belt. Honestly it was like half a good NHL season, he lit it up and then disappeared. His 48 points last year will be the highpoint of his career.
    Posted by pbergeron37

Nah, I was just throwing names out there.  You never know who might come back in a trade.  The B's could get a defenseman and give one of the young guys more ice time.  They could send Savard and the #2 pick overall to Anaheim for Bobby Ryan.  Maybe they send Savard and Chara to Anaheim for Bobby Ryan and Wisnewski.  There are a million different ideas, none of which are going to come true.

Doesn't change the fact that I wish Marc Savard did not play for the Boston Bruins.  I can't stand him.  All he does is cry and whine to the refs.  He doesn't make the players around him better, but instead flourishes when he has a true sniper on his wing.  He's not worth the money and more importantly, he is not worth the ice time.

He never has been.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: ESPN Insider: Bruins 'Aggresively trying to deal Savard"?? : Nah, I was just throwing names out there.  You never know who might come back in a trade.  The B's could get a defenseman and give one of the young guys more ice time.  They could send Savard and the #2 pick overall to Anaheim for Bobby Ryan.  Maybe they send Savard and Chara to Anaheim for Bobby Ryan and Wisnewski.  There are a million different ideas, none of which are going to come true. Doesn't change the fact that I wish Marc Savard did not play for the Boston Bruins.  I can't stand him.  All he does is cry and whine to the refs.  He doesn't make the players around him better, but instead flourishes when he has a true sniper on his wing.  He's not worth the money and more importantly, he is not worth the ice time. He never has been.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

NAS! You really are getting worse! You really do love to ruffle feathers eh? I'm not commenting on this garbage you speak!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

Why don't all you idiots STFFU. Savard is going nowhere.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vilho. Show Vilho's posts

anybody bashing Savard can bite me.  The guy had a consussion, came back early from it, scored the game winner in his first game back.  he tailed off after that due more to conditioning than effort.  he's been solid in the postseason and improved his defensive responsibilities since coming here.  Yeah his comment/move in the last game was very irresponsible, I bet he'd take that one back in hindsight, but I give him props for toughing it out this past season.  With a healthy crew starting the year and improved wingers, he'll bounce back very nicely.  We need him.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

Savard and a later pick in the draft to Columbus for the #4 pick.  do you pull the trigger?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from everyname. Show everyname's posts

Trade Savard.  Make Krecji #1, Berg #2, Seguin #3, Sabotka #4 centres.

Also, Edmonton could use Savy if you wanted to trade up in the draft for Hall.

I'm not dumping on Savy, the guys has tons of talent, but he may not be what this team needs moving forward.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Espo72. Show Espo72's posts

Vilho I agree you you completely. Savard needs to stay. Plus if we were to move him after signing a long term deal, what message does that send to players we're trying to bring here?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Savard is not going anywhere with recovery from his concussion.  Any GM in a trade would want assurances ie. draft picks.  Thomas has the same issue.  My concern is Chiarelli wants to sure up defense, so he must be thinking draft picks or some else besides Savard and Thomas.  Intriguing a this point.  Like NAS said there is one stupid GM out there who may think Savard or Thomas is worth an attempt.  Certainly trading any more draft picks is not a good option.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MontrealBrewin. Show MontrealBrewin's posts

This would never happen but I'd trade Savard for Cammalleri in a heartbeat.And throw in Wheeler.

Sections
Shortcuts