Everyone is spectating it...so do it CHIA!!!!!! IK to Boston!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

Everyone is spectating it...so do it CHIA!!!!!! IK to Boston!

The bottom line for the Bruin's organization is that they need a bonafied "superstar". No, not a 2nd tier guy like a Frolov, Joikenen, Whitney, Booth, Cogliano, Svatos or a Sykora...

They need a Kovy,B.Ryan, St. Louis, Lecavilier, E. Staal or even a A. Burrows.

Sure, im on board on keeping the future intact but doesn't that mean the team will eventually peak into a plateau of a revolving door of "just good enough"?

I'm tired of that...I want this team to win. Give me something to get excited about.

From a business perspective. If you can add a superstar that can take your team deep in the playoffs and give you a chance to compete for the Stanley Cup for the next 5 years then do the darn deal!!!!

-Sorry guys, i'm not usually this emotional, but seriously...enough IS enough!
    55 points? Embarrassing, that does not even let you sniff 10th place in the Western Conference!

-Anyways check out the link:

http://www.spectorshockey.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=854:nhl-trade-rumors-monday-january-18-2010&catid=5:trade-rumors&Itemid=4

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

Re: Everyone is spectating it...so do it CHIA!!!!!! IK to Boston!

Just get rid of Wideman, he's killing this team!

And as for a young scorer, why not Mason Raymond from Vancouver?  I haven't heard his named mentioned at all, but he seems to be a "Ryan-like" player and he's having a great season thus far (17-17-34; +3).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

His stats may be deceiving, Vancouver plays and up and down offensive rush game. In the bruins defensive structure ( which is borring) that scoring line would be closer to 6-10-16;+6.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

I don't watch much Vancouver hockey (another way of saying I don't watch any), but it was just an idea.  The Bruins seemed to have changed their offensive philosophy this year.  Last year, they were a great puck possesion team; this year, they seem to just dump the puck into the offensive zone, make a line change, and wait for the opposing team to bring the puck up the ice.  They should do more "man by man" line changes to sustain the offensive pressure.   

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

That link is only if Kovalchuk is a rental.  I want Kovy on the Bruins, but not as a rental.  They should give up Toronto's 1st rounder if he signs an extension so he doesn't bolt to the KHL or something.  No rent-a-Russian, that would just be a useless sacrifice of the long term future of the team.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

I would hate to see Wheeler go.  There's so much upside with him.  And he and Krejci are clicking better than anyone on the team this year.

I want Sturm gone, he's not a 1st line guy, he's lost a step and him and Krejci don't gel.  So, if I'm Pete, I'm asking for a list and showing him the waiver form.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

A team struggling to score doesn't ditch their leading scorer!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Oh yeah-Wheeler and Krejci are on fire!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhitch. Show dhitch's posts

Im sure you meant speculating..not spectating...anyways I digress..

Darren Dreger of TSN makes a very strong point on these speculations. It's quite simple really...if Atlanta does not sign Ilya, Atlanta loses its franchise. He is their franchise player and they dont have the backbone of an original six team like Boston does when they traded a franschise guy in Jumbo Joe years ago. Keep in mind Ilya sells seats for Atlanta...and he's about the only one there that does.

Don Waddell is a smart man, and he will get it done. I believe its a moot point. Kovie is not going anywhere. If he did go someplace it would only be to win a cup, and that team would NOT be able to re sign him...and he would NOT choose Boston. Think about it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

If Sturm is your leading scorer, you know your teams got problems.  The guy cant even convert on a penalty shot.  And yes, Wheeler and Krejci are clicking as of late.  Which is alot more than I can say about the rest of the team.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

So you're blaming Sturm for the Bruins offensive woes?  If anyone is to go, it should be Ryder: huge contract, underperforming, and he doesn't have a no-trade clause like Sturm.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lordy4. Show lordy4's posts

There is no way Kovalchuk would be anything more than a rental. He wants a 9 or 10 year deal at $10 million per season. There is now way the Bruins will pay him that. They'd have to trade half the team and then they'd be lacking depth. I would not trade 2 players plus a #1 to rent Kovalchuk. That would be stupid.

Even if the Bruins got Kovalchuk, they wouldn't win the Cup with this defense.

They need to get rid of Turnover Wideman and get a real defenseman in. They need to upgrade the defense.

If they could get Bobby Ryan from Anaheim, that would be a great pickup. I don't know if Anaheim will trade him though. I would also look at trading for Alexander Frolov. He is a free agent at the end of the season as well, but he will be much easier to resign. You put him with Savard (once he gets back) and he'll score a lot. 

Sections
Shortcuts