EVERYONE NEEDS TO RELAX

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelieveINBoston9. Show BelieveINBoston9's posts

EVERYONE NEEDS TO RELAX

This team was dead in the water for most of the year, they show some spark in the playoffs, they scored a little, everyone was talkin just about makin it to the 2nd round, well they made it farther, and im just as pissed as the next person that they lost but all the hipocracy that comes along these boards is a little rediculous, they did not have the talent to win this year, they made a good run and they hit a wall, this team obviously has some flaws, wether its mental toughness or what obviously scoring is a hard thing to do for this team, but you have to remmeber on top of that scoring problem, they LOST KREJCI AND STURM in this playoffs, thats huge for a team that cant score......but my point is, they gave us alot of excitement these playoffs, and if anything lucic and some other guys started to look like they should be looking all year, and we get that nice #2 pick this summer, so lets just take it easy on the contradicting yourselves and show support for the team you say you love

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

Re: EVERYONE NEEDS TO RELAX

Agree 100%...

Looking forward to the Draft and hopefully a healthy season in 10-11.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

Well said!  The Bruins did what they could with what they had.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gardensupportor. Show Gardensupportor's posts

LOL....  The passive kool aid crowd never ceases to amaze me and give me a good laugh or two.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelieveINBoston9. Show BelieveINBoston9's posts

In Response to Re: EVERYONE NEEDS TO RELAX:
    LOL....  The passive kool aid crowd never ceases to amaze me and give me a good laugh or two.
    Posted by Gardensupportor

Whats kool aid about it, its called not jumping off a bridge like i see most people doing...if youre a real fan, you stick with your team....do i agree with chiarelli....NO, i dont, i dont like him at all....but im not talking about the front office, or the organization, im talking about the team, i think they need a better structure up top, i feel like the mix they have goin on right now is all wrong, but the PLAYERS, they can only play how they know how to play, theres alot of good players on this team, and theres some not so good ones, and there is no legit star.....so just because i dont bash everything about the bruins after they lose doesnt mean im kool aid....they were one of 8 teams left fighting for the cup, DID YOU THINK THEY WERE GONNA GO THAT FAR...I DOUBT IT.....so shut it and just hope they can do it next year, there can only be 1 winner people, its not always gonna be boston...and im from boston, to save an argument

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Posted by Gardensupportor

Kind of an ironic name, no?

I used to be a huge Bruins fan, then the lockout happened...then they got rid of Samsonov and Thornton...then after proclaiming they were in SUCH good position to be ahead of everyone else when coming back...and they were terrible.

Then Savard got ran by Cooke and I suddenly cared again. Then the Bs didn't respond, and I was livid. Instantaneously reminded why I walked away.

Then the playoffs started...and what a run it was. Sure, it's embarrassing to be up 3-0 in the series, then 3-0 in game 7...and lose it all. But what I saw was a team of very young, very talented players with the #2 overall pick in this draft and an as-close-as-you-can-get guarantee with that pick. Krejci, Rask, Lucic, Bergeron, Boychuck...there is a lot of reason to like this team.

It hurt to lose Sturm and Krejci BAD. Sturm could've been overcome, but in losing Krejci, they lost a playmaker, and one of the biggest hearts on this team, and that was too much. In retrospect, it was flatly idiotic for the front office to add NOTHING at the deadline. They could have, they CHOSE not to, and it cost them dearly. They wouldn't have had to come close to giving up the #2 pick. But, oh well.

I'll be looking forward to next season...the first time in 8 years for this fan. I still think ownership stinks...but I saw enough of the players to let myself be setup for an epic fall...I'm ok with that. They'll be back next year, and there is reason to believe they will be much better next time around. A little older. A little wiser. A little more talent. And, hopefully, a little healthier.

Hey, if they could bring me back, a HUGE cynic at times, they must have done something right. Believe in these players, this could be a special group. I'll proudly be bringing my spoked B out of retirement.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelieveINBoston9. Show BelieveINBoston9's posts

In Response to Re: EVERYONE NEEDS TO RELAX : Kind of an ironic name, no? I used to be a huge Bruins fan, then the lockout happened...then they got rid of Samsonov and Thornton...then after proclaiming they were in SUCH good position to be ahead of everyone else when coming back...and they were terrible. Then Savard got ran by Cooke and I suddenly cared again. Then the Bs didn't respond, and I was livid. Instantaneously reminded why I walked away. Then the playoffs started...and what a run it was. Sure, it's embarrassing to be up 3-0 in the series, then 3-0 in game 7...and lose it all. But what I saw was a team of very young, very talented players with the #2 overall pick in this draft and an as-close-as-you-can-get guarantee with that pick. Krejci, Rask, Lucic, Bergeron, Boychuck...there is a lot of reason to like this team. It hurt to lose Sturm and Krejci BAD. Sturm could've been overcome, but in losing Krejci, they lost a playmaker, and one of the biggest hearts on this team, and that was too much. In retrospect, it was flatly idiotic for the front office to add NOTHING at the deadline. They could have, they CHOSE not to, and it cost them dearly. They wouldn't have had to come close to giving up the #2 pick. But, oh well. I'll be looking forward to next season...the first time in 8 years for this fan. I still think ownership stinks...but I saw enough of the players to let myself be setup for an epic fall...I'm ok with that. They'll be back next year, and there is reason to believe they will be much better next time around. A little older. A little wiser. A little more talent. And, hopefully, a little healthier. Hey, if they could bring me back, a HUGE cynic at times, they must have done something right. Believe in these players, this could be a special group. I'll proudly be bringing my spoked B out of retirement.
    Posted by ma6dragon9

thats what im talkin about

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelieveINBoston9. Show BelieveINBoston9's posts

OH, and if your having any doubt......If you have NHL network, watch the memorial cup and watch taylor hall.....2 goals in the first period, help is on the way

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from gagne88. Show gagne88's posts

I need three more days so I can think rationally....and I am tired of people saying well at least the Celtics won....IT'S NOt THE SAME!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to EVERYONE NEEDS TO RELAX:
    This team was dead in the water for most of the year, they show some spark in the playoffs, they scored a little, everyone was talkin just about makin it to the 2nd round, well they made it farther, and im just as pissed as the next person that they lost but all the hipocracy that comes along these boards is a little rediculous, they did not have the talent to win this year, they made a good run and they hit a wall, this team obviously has some flaws, wether its mental toughness or what obviously scoring is a hard thing to do for this team, but you have to remmeber on top of that scoring problem, they LOST KREJCI AND STURM in this playoffs, thats huge for a team that cant score......but my point is, they gave us alot of excitement these playoffs, and if anything lucic and some other guys started to look like they should be looking all year, and we get that nice #2 pick this summer, so lets just take it easy on the contradicting yourselves and show support for the team you say you love
    Posted by BelieveINBoston9

Great post BIB9 !

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

OH, and if your having any doubt......If you have NHL network, watch the memorial cup and watch taylor hall.....2 goals in the first period, help is on the way

I just worry about him going 1st. I know the Oilers need help at C...I know Seguin is 1b to Hall's 1a...not that I'd be disappointed with Seguin, but the logjam that would create is troublesome. I dont want Krecji, Savard or Bergeron going anywhere, or playing on the 4th line.

Does it make sense to try to swap with Edmonton? Too rich? Is everyone else that convinced it's going to be Seguin 100%? Could we include a Wideman/Ryder-ish person and also get another part back along with swapping?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

I need three more days so I can think rationally....and I am tired of people saying well at least the Celtics won....IT'S NOt THE SAME!
    Posted by gagne88

Celtics winning. Red Sox winning. Life being found on other planets. Healthcare reform. Curing cancer. All potentially good things. None of which takes the sting away from an epic loss. I tend to think you get that from people who jumped on the bandwagon, and aren't too disappointed the ride is over...as they'll just find another form of transportation. Well, I happen to like this bandwagon. I resisted getting on, but now that I'm here...I'm with you. Besides, the NBA S-U-C-K-S!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

h**l no! im not relaxing...call me the passive kool-aid fan or what ever you want...i live in the moment & the bruins were 1 win away from the east finals with 4 to play...them losing goes up my @@@ sideways....been a fan for 30 yrs (havent drank kool-aid in 40 yrs!) have gone thru alot of goods & bads...this was bad! if julien comes back next year with a uneuthuised bunch of vets that just go thru the regular season motions cause he cant take talented kids & build a team around that talent I swear illlll...iilllllll....illlll still probably be there watching & rooting hard  all im goin to say is the bruins have a great deal of young offensive talent & CJ should learn how to use that to build some depth in the top 6 forward unit,not recalling whitfield,larmen & all the other defensive responsible guys that he desires....theres no way marchand should not have be ready to fill krecji void & bring in alil speed,scoring & euthusism

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattman1477. Show mattman1477's posts

Right on brother, help is on the way!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

Not time to relax when team is FAVORITE to win the Cup in preseason and plays awful.  Then in playoffs, has the biggest collapse ever.

Not a time to tinker, time to restock.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelieveINBoston9. Show BelieveINBoston9's posts

Not time to relax when team is FAVORITE to win the Cup in preseason and plays awful.  Then in playoffs, has the biggest collapse ever. Not a time to tinker, time to restock.
    Posted by stingerjp

WEll, im sure they ddint ask to be the said "favorite"....just think, theres teams like washington and pitt who had great years and fell on there face to montreal???...how do you think they feel?....we had a team that no one believed in, or at least didnt wanna believe in because they couldnt score, and the next thing you know there taking us on a ride.....then krejci gets hurt, which i htink is a huge blow for the whole team, i think he is one of the 2 or 3 leaders  and true hockey playuers on that team, if krejci ever leaves this team because hes traded ill lose my mind.....theres gonna b 30 some odd losers this year, im disappointed, im shocked, im pissed, but theres always next season, and it will happen eventually, i bet some people thought the redsox would never win, but they did, and it was that much sweeter, when the bruins do it, itll be amazing for the city and all the people that STUCK WITH THEM, HISTORIC COLLAPSE OR NO HISTORIC COLLAPSE

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

In Response to Re: EVERYONE NEEDS TO RELAX : WEll, im sure they ddint ask to be the said "favorite"....just think, theres teams like washington and pitt who had great years and fell on there face to montreal???...how do you think they feel?....we had a team that no one believed in, or at least didnt wanna believe in because they couldnt score, and the next thing you know there taking us on a ride.....then krejci gets hurt, which i htink is a huge blow for the whole team, i think he is one of the 2 or 3 leaders  and true hockey playuers on that team, if krejci ever leaves this team because hes traded ill lose my mind.....theres gonna b 30 some odd losers this year, im disappointed, im shocked, im pissed, but theres always next season, and it will happen eventually, i bet some people thought the redsox would never win, but they did, and it was that much sweeter, when the bruins do it, itll be amazing for the city and all the people that STUCK WITH THEM, HISTORIC COLLAPSE OR NO HISTORIC COLLAPSE

Make no mistake about it-i am not jumping off the bandwagon.  I will still root for 'em next year.  However, there are major flaws with this team that need to be corrected just as there are several quality players to build around. 

Frankly, i don't care about the other teams that have been bounced.  My team was a pre-season favorite, played poorly all year, made people open their eyes in the playoffs, then self-destructed worse than any team ever. 

Time for some big changes.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from IShawnPI. Show IShawnPI's posts

Hey Garden Supporter, take a hike. No one here wants to listen to your crap....Kool aid crowd...pft. 30 teams play for the cup, only one wins. Lose the sense of entitlement. There a lot of teams that have been far better than us for far longer. Building a championship team takes time and were on the right track. Our time is coming. If you cant see that you blind and don't deserve to be a part of it when it actually happens.  Toughen up, some of you guys sound like a bunch of whiny little girls.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelieveINBoston9. Show BelieveINBoston9's posts

Hey Garden Supporter, take a hike. No one here wants to listen to your crap....Kool aid crowd...pft. 30 teams play for the cup, only one wins. Lose the sense of entitlement. There a lot of teams that have been far better than us for far longer. Building a championship team takes time and were on the right track. Our time is coming. If you cant see that you blind and don't deserve to be a part of it when it actually happens.  Toughen up, some of you guys sound like a bunch of whiny little girls.
    Posted by IShawnPI

exactly my thoughts

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

"Frankly, i don't care about the other teams that have been bounced.  My team was a pre-season favorite, played poorly all year, made people open their eyes in the playoffs, then self-destructed worse than any team ever. 

Time for some big changes."

Stingerjp, you are correct.  Nobody should be freaking out, and if you are a true fan you just have to accept what has happened this season and move on towards next season.  The Bruins, in a word, were what their season demonstrated 'inconsistent'  They were inconsistent in every phase, from physicality to effort to technique to coaching, everything. 

This team will look much different next year, and as a fan there is some cause of concern, or at least a certain question mark regard PC's overall capability of building a stanley cup champion team.  THus far, he has failed.  That does not mean, however, he will not make one in the future.

And to everyone who wanted PC to get some scoring help at the trade deadline, forget about it and never talk about it again.  There wasnt anything out there.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

"Frankly, i don't care about the other teams that have been bounced.  My team was a pre-season favorite, played poorly all year, made people open their eyes in the playoffs, then self-destructed worse than any team ever.  Time for some big changes." Stingerjp, you are correct.  Nobody should be freaking out, and if you are a true fan you just have to accept what has happened this season and move on towards next season.  The Bruins, in a word, were what their season demonstrated 'inconsistent'  They were inconsistent in every phase, from physicality to effort to technique to coaching, everything.  This team will look much different next year, and as a fan there is some cause of concern, or at least a certain question mark regard PC's overall capability of building a stanley cup champion team.  THus far, he has failed.  That does not mean, however, he will not make one in the future. And to everyone who wanted PC to get some scoring help at the trade deadline, forget about it and never talk about it again.  There wasnt anything out there.
    Posted by shaunk

Ilya Kovalchuk? Alex Ponikarovsky? Both WERE traded, either COULD have been had. Mnay others were too, but either of theese guys would have made a difference, especially after Krecji's injury.

But, as you said, no need looking back, what's done is done. Going forward, I hope this team is less gunshy of bringing someone in, they've shown to NEVER be gunshy about sending someone out.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattman1477. Show mattman1477's posts

With the nice core of young players on the farm, in addition to this year and next year's draft., I say the B's have a real legit shot at winning the whole thing in 2012.

Sections
Shortcuts