Exactly WHO is Making Decisions at NESN These Days??????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gardensupporter. Show Gardensupporter's posts

Exactly WHO is Making Decisions at NESN These Days??????

Just when you think the suits at NESN could never possibly do something as brain dead as "NESN Daily" (the most utterly unwatchable piece of garbage in Boston TV Sports History)...VOILA--they topped themselves!!!

The Big OPENING NIGHT (oh, I meant FIRST TWO GAMES) of the NHL Season--highly promoted locally--highly promoted NATIONALLY--big buildup EVEN ON NESN....and

they are BROADCASTING THE GAME FROM THEIR BOSTON STUDIO!!!!!
    They can't even pick up a couple plane tickets for THE MARQUEE OPENING WEEKEND of the SEASON????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And Play by Play Coverage  (3800 miles away from the actual game) was as pathetic as one might suspect:

"why didn't they tell me the Coyotoes pulled their goalie.."  said a clearly irritated Jack Edwards...who sounded even more irrirated than WE do listening to him  most nights.

"some one's dropped the gloves in a fight--could you show us who?"  chimed in Edwards 20 seconds into an on-ice fight.

Then we had no idea how much time was left on a 2-man Bs power play--and later even if they were still ON the PP...

And to top if off they tried forever to get sound for an interview with the only guy who actually showed up to play on the Ice--Nathan Horton--and Kathryn Tappen was forced to ad-lin through several failed attempts at even that. POETC JUSTICE

This is the lowest moment in recent NESN..heck, recent LOCAL PROFESSIONAL SPORTS history.   I never even heard of an AHL team pulling off such a cheapo stunt.

I know Red Sox TV audience collapsed (down 35%+)  and I assume their TV revenues took a hit....and I know the Economy is Punk....but this was totally pathetic--even by NESN'S RECENT low standards!!!!

What an embarassment for Hockey fans.

Could YOU EVER IMAGINE THIS HAPPENING TO THE RED SOX, PATRIOTS, OR CELTICS????????????????????????

this solidifies the Bruins as equal to Boston College Eagles TOPS in the pecking order of TV.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

Re: Exactly WHO is Making Decisions at NESN These Days??????

I'm with you brother.  No seriously, NESN s_cks.  They're a pathetic excuse for a sports network; they've gone "mainstream" to appeal to the "casual viewer".  This has resulted in a shitastic group of shows, most of which revolve around the Red Sox.  NESN Daily, Pocket Money, Sox Appeal, Dirty Water TV: the list of awful shows being produced by NESN is endless.  And yet, they can't afford to send a few broadcasters and a camerateam to Prague?  Yeah, that makes a whole lot of sense.  That money would be put to better use for a new Red Sox dating show/gameshow which will be co-hosted by Charlie Moore and Chrisitian Fauria.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from thatswhatuthink. Show thatswhatuthink's posts

I agree completely gardensupporter....you hit the nail on the head....

How do the NESN execs sleep at night?....

NESN apparently has no shame. What an absolute embarrassment....it was painful to watch Jack Edwards say "we" decided to broadcast the game from the studio....management didn't even have the guts to let Edwards say it was NESN management decided....how pathetic....

Hey NESN, why not do that for all road games....that should save a few bucks.....hell, why not take the broadcasters seats at the garden, sell them as VIP seats, and have Jack and Brick do the home games from the studio basement!! Think of all that extra REVENUE...

I was thinking why didn't the Bruins just pick up the tab and bring the announcers over to prague?....but then I laughed when I remembered who owns the team.....lol.....

And why couldn't Nako Funyama do interviews via a cell phone from the studio...boy the NESN execs missed an opportunity to save some money there!!!

This is just another reason why the NHL will always be second rate.....

And the biggest joke of all, is that NESN will then turn around and expect people to take the Bruins seriously.....LMAO!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: Exactly WHO is Making Decisions at NESN These Days??????:
    [QUOTE]I agree completely gardensupporter....you hit the nail on the head.... How do the NESN execs sleep at night?.... NESN apparently has no shame. What an absolute embarrassment....it was painful to watch Jack Edwards say "we" decided to broadcast the game from the studio....management didn't even have the guts to let Edwards say it was NESN management decided....how pathetic.... Hey NESN, why not do that for all road games....that should save a few bucks.....hell, why not take the broadcasters seats at the garden, sell them as VIP seats, and have Jack and Brick do the home games from the studio basement!! Think of all that extra REVENUE... I was thinking why didn't the Bruins just pick up the tab and bring the announcers over to prague?....but then I laughed when I remembered who owns the team.....lol..... And why couldn't Nako Funyama do interviews via a cell phone from the studio...boy the NESN execs missed an opportunity to save some money there!!! This is just another reason why the NHL will always be second rate..... And the biggest joke of all, is that NESN will then turn around and expect people to take the Bruins seriously.....LMAO!!!!
    Posted by NuffSed[/QUOTE]

Yea why not it worked for Waynes World! Seriously, I was able to watch the game on TSN. What you missed was just a better detail of a travesty!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

The Horton non-interview just topped it off for me.  That was fancy!

What an embarrasing excuse for a sports news network.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

My jaw practically hit the floor during the intro when Jack stated that they were in the studio.  You could tell that he wasn't happy about.  You could sense the jealousy when he stated that Jim Martin was there doing the PA for the game.

NESN dropped the ball BIG TIME on this.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

It's next to impossible to professionally call a game from a monitor in a studio. Usually, it sounds like garbage (which, apparantly, is what happened today).

I know NESN has to watch its bottom line (like everyone else) but this almost always looks small-time. It's a poor move when you're talking about an NHL franchise and a regular-season game. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

More money was being spent to buy commercial time during Red Sox games. Now that the Sox season is over you would think NESNs attention would go to the Bruins but this tidbit will end those hopes John Henry's wife runs the show at NESN along with Tom "my claim to fame was getting coffee for Roseanne Barr" Werner so they're you have it.

PS. Jacobs the bean counter does own a piece of NESN but he's keeping his mouth shut because he wants the Liverpool FC concessions contract LoL!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I love the way Jack Edwards said this morning " but we're in studio ".
    Boring !!!!  no choice ,  got to live with it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gardensupporter. Show Gardensupporter's posts

What can we do as Bruins fans to prevent being treated as complete dog crap in the future??

Do you Jacobs is on the Board of Directors of NESN?

How could Jacobs stand for the BIG MARQUEE OPENING WEEKEND of the Bruins--being called play by play 3,970 miles away in a studio in Watertown,Ma???

Lemme ask you:

DO YOU THINK EVER IN HISTORY UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE--INCLUDING A MARCH EXHIBITION GAME BETWEEN THE RED SOX AND MARLIN---THAT ANY PRO BROADCAST IN BOSTON TV WOULD BE DONE AWOL FROM A LOCAL STUDIO--instead of at the park/stadium?\\

This is a total slap in the face of every Bruins/hockey fan.

We're dog craaap

How could Edwards and Brickley whorre themselves like this?  Do those guys have any standards??????????????????????????

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]What can we do as Bruins fans to prevent being treated as complete dog crap in the future?? Do you Jacobs is on the Board of Directors of NESN? How could Jacobs stand for the BIG MARQUEE OPENING WEEKEND of the Bruins--being called play by play 3,970 miles away in a studio in Watertown,Ma??? Lemme ask you: DO YOU THINK EVER IN HISTORY UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE--INCLUDING A MARCH EXHIBITION GAME BETWEEN THE RED SOX AND MARLIN---THAT ANY PRO BROADCAST IN BOSTON TV WOULD BE DONE AWOL FROM A LOCAL STUDIO--instead of at the park/stadium?\\ This is a total slap in the face of every Bruins/hockey fan. We're dog craaap How could Edwards and Brickley whorre themselves like this?  Do those guys have any standards??????????????????????????
    Posted by Gardensupporter[/QUOTE]

Good grief, get a grip. It's a couple of hockey games, not the Apocalypse. And Edwards and Brickley work for NESN -- what do you want them to do, quit in protest?

Other teams, from what I've heard, have done the same in past trips to Europe. It's not just the Bruins.

Man, some Bruins fans need to start hitting the Valium or something.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Exactly WHO is Making Decisions at NESN These Days?????? : Good grief, get a grip. It's a couple of hockey games, not the Apocalypse. And Edwards and Brickley work for NESN -- what do you want them to do, quit in protest? Other teams, from what I've heard, have done the same in past trips to Europe. It's not just the Bruins. Man, some Bruins fans need to start hitting the Valium or something.
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry duinne but I disagree.  I was pretty P.O.'d by this and actually sent NESN an email voicing my opinion on the matter.  NESN sent Don and Remy out to Japan for Sox games at 5am on weekday mornings.  The suits at NESN should have paid the tab for Jack and Brick to head to Prague for weekend games to open the most highly anticipated and highly publicized (by NESN) Bruins season in years.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

I'll agree to disagree too, Duinne. it was bush league to not send Jack and Brick.
    As someone told me Jack stated on some talk show this week. (paraphrasing here)...If the Sox played a game in Antarctica, they would find a way to get Orsillo and Remy there. There were points in both games where I was saying What The Expletive Deleted?

Very simple cure though...Send an email to sports@nesn.com

They won't do anything but you can certainly exercise your right to free speech and can consider yourself as one of the ones who let them know how you felt.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsYear. Show BruinsYear's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Exactly WHO is Making Decisions at NESN These Days?????? : I'm sorry duinne but I disagree.  I was pretty P.O.'d by this and actually sent NESN an email voicing my opinion on the matter.  NESN sent Don and Remy out to Japan for Sox games at 5am on weekday mornings.  The suits at NESN should have paid the tab for Jack and Brick to head to Prague for weekend games to open the most highly anticipated and highly publicized (by NESN) Bruins season in years.
    Posted by jalvis[/QUOTE]

We won a decisive and entertaining game yet all you can do is complain because for 2 out of 82 games they called the game from the studio.

These are the Briuns not the Red Sox get over it.

You people are spoiled.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Exactly WHO is Making Decisions at NESN These Days?????? : We won a decisive and entertaining game yet all you can do is complain because for 2 out of 82 games they called the game from the studio. These are the Briuns not the Red Sox get over it. You people are spoiled.
    Posted by BruinsYear[/QUOTE]

Spoiled?
    I pay for my cable tv bill - that includes NESN.
    I have a right to complain about it when the product that appears on my tv isn't up to snuff.

I started watching law and order late one night and got hooked into it.  For some reason half my channels went 10 minutes before the end.  Now I suppose I'll never know if that lady killed her own kid and made up some story about a girl with red hair and green shorts...

So - am I spoiled because I'm complaining about missing the ending of L & O?

And if you take that attitude to heart, boy have I got some stuff I'd like to sell to you on Craigslist, starting with my 1992 Toyota pickup truck with 229k miles on it. ($25k - cheap!  so don't complain you spoiled brat!)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

oh - and what was really bad was the interview w/ TT after today's game where the video was behind audio by like 10 seconds.  The interview went on for like a minute before they realized and cut to highlights of the game with the interview as a backdrop.  Of course the highlights (I think) were just random shots of the game.

Oh well, the only time in our lives that the Bruins will open in Prague.  Maybe they might start again somewhere else in Europe in another decade or so.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gardensupporter. Show Gardensupporter's posts

Sounds like 99% agreement that this was Bush League Beyond Belief by NESN.

Love when the play by play man asks "are the Bruins short handed?", "was there a penalty--oh I guess there was"...."hey, I didn't know the Bruins pulled their Goalie".

This was THE HIGHLY PROMOTED OPENING WEEKEND of the Season. Not a mid season exhibition!!!

No one has ever done this in the ALLEGED sports capitol of the world--Boston.

The Red Sox wouldn't do this for an exhibition game.  They sent a full team to Japan for a meaningless game there.

Please--everyone complain---UNLESS you believe that Bruins fans are second class citizens. This is way way beyond pathetic.

Its is not something I would expect on opening weekend in the AHL. It is not something you would even EVER SEE on opening weekend in the AHL.

Edwards and Brickley should be ashamed if they did not complain LOUDLY. Their performance was an embarassment. Pathetic.... Please I'll even deal with the stupid Edwards-isms and shameless cheerleading--if he can be AT THE GAME.

No more trying to describe what they thought they saw 3,970 miles away from the Play.

And they thought being on the "ninth floor" of the same address was "far away"   :)

Shame on NESN that this detracted from what Horton and Lucic accomplished this weekend.  The PLAYERS should have been the story. NOT the antics of the increasingly joke of a home town cable facility.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Maybe Edwards is on the No-Fly List?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gardensupporter. Show Gardensupporter's posts

LOL   ROLMFAO

Dr CC, can I nominate you for post of the year?

Homeland Security decided that Edwards needs to stay in Gretzky's Office---TFN  :)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Why would they send Jim Martin, the PA announcer & not Jack & Brick ?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gardensupporter. Show Gardensupporter's posts

jp, safe to say the BRUINS paid for the PA guy--thats THEIR reponsibility.

Brick and Edwards usually fly with the team, I believe. But since the team was out there for a long time, NESN would have had to buy 2 plane tickets for Brick and Edwards.  

In fact, NESN only needed to buy 2 "ONE WAY" tix for Brick and Edwards because they could have flown BACK with the team.

Cheap.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]I'll agree to disagree too, Duinne. it was bush league to not send Jack and Brick. As someone told me Jack stated on some talk show this week. (paraphrasing here)...If the Sox played a game in Antarctica, they would find a way to get Orsillo and Remy there. There were points in both games where I was saying What The Expletive Deleted? Very simple cure though...Send an email to sports@nesn.com They won't do anything but you can certainly exercise your right to free speech and can consider yourself as one of the ones who let them know how you felt.
    Posted by seobrien[/QUOTE]

Yup,  yesterday Jack made a couple of comments repeating the part about being studio.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gardensupporter. Show Gardensupporter's posts

NESN Daily---STUPID, but I can live with it (turning to ESPN).

Guy Who Anchors NESN Daily--can't talk, are they trying to help the disabled?

Pocket Money--innane, but thats what God created Remote Controls for.

European Broadcasts from Watertown,MA---

OK, now I'm starting to wonder if the guy calling the shots at NESN is a spy from Comcast Sports Boston.  Kinda like the Governor's Race--you know Baker Republicans infiltrating the Cahill campagn or whatever.

This stuff is just so far beyond dumb that I'm actually wondering if NESN has been infiltrated by its competition. Thats the only way I can explain that station.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from wolfwood. Show wolfwood's posts

even the radio guys where there  but they couldnt send  the tv play by play guys...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

[QUOTE]NESN Daily---STUPID, but I can live with it (turning to ESPN). Guy Who Anchors NESN Daily--can't talk, are they trying to help the disabled?Pocket Money--innane, but thats what God created Remote Controls for. European Broadcasts from Watertown,MA--- OK, now I'm starting to wonder if the guy calling the shots at NESN is a spy from Comcast Sports Boston.  Kinda like the Governor's Race--you know Baker Republicans infiltrating the Cahill campagn or whatever. This stuff is just so far beyond dumb that I'm actually wondering if NESN has been infiltrated by its competition. Thats the only way I can explain that station.
    Posted by Gardensupporter[/QUOTE]

Hahaha.  I don't know what's worse, the fact that Uri can't speak or the fact that he will occasionally try to act "street".  On the 1st ever episode of NESN Daily, he interviewed Ortiz after a Red Sox win over the Yankees.  Uri literally opened the interview with "Yo, what up Papi?"  Is that really how a supposed professional journalist should talk?

Sections
Shortcuts