Exactly WHO is Making Decisions at NESN These Days??????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Re: Exactly WHO is Making Decisions at NESN These Days??????

It's the economy.  God, it's gotta be or they need to hire a new Human Resources Dept.

The other night he called a hockey puck a "Pog"..  I listen to it when i need a laugh, but they really should have an anchor that can atleast speak correctly.  Maybe give him a writing job or something.  He's a good guy.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gardensupporter. Show Gardensupporter's posts

Timmy, maybe NESN could have saved money and ratings buying Uri a one-way ticket to Prague.

He's kind of a "dumb white guy meets Jay Z"...yo?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jman4. Show jman4's posts

In Response to Re: Exactly WHO is Making Decisions at NESN These Days??????:
    [QUOTE]Why would they send Jim Martin, the PA announcer & not Jack & Brick ?
    Posted by jpsoxfan[/QUOTE]

You guys are correct they should have been there. However I had to watch on TSN (first game) and to be subjected to the brutal play by play of those idiots at Versus was just plain paniful. For the first 10 min  when the puck was dropped they did not even mention who had the puck. They only continue to have a conversation not even connected to the game. And do not even get me started on the what is to come from the other networks "right Edzo, right Stanky". So even if Jack and Brick were not in the building game two was a plesure to have them do the play by play.

Go Bruins   

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gardensupporter. Show Gardensupporter's posts

True enough. I'll put up with a lot of BS to listen to Brick.

he's the real deal.

The guy just deserved a MUCH better deal than he got this weekend.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Exactly WHO is Making Decisions at NESN These Days?????? : I'm sorry duinne but I disagree.  I was pretty P.O.'d by this and actually sent NESN an email voicing my opinion on the matter.  NESN sent Don and Remy out to Japan for Sox games at 5am on weekday mornings.  The suits at NESN should have paid the tab for Jack and Brick to head to Prague for weekend games to open the most highly anticipated and highly publicized (by NESN) Bruins season in years.
    Posted by jalvis[/QUOTE]

I don't disagree with you. I agree, it was disappointing, and they certainly should have gone. Voicing displeasure, writing a letter to NESN, that's fine. What raised my eyebrows was the OP reacting as though he wanted to climb a tower wth a rifle. It's a couple of hockey games, not a conspiracy to fatally wound Bruins fans.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

[QUOTE]"What can we do as Bruins fans to prevent being treated as complete dog crap in the future?? Do you Jacobs is on the Board of Directors of NESN?..."
    Posted by Gardensupporter[/QUOTE]

Jacobs is on the Board of Directors of NESN because the Bruins own either 25% or 33% of NESN.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Exactly WHO is Making Decisions at NESN These Days?????? : Jacobs is on the Board of Directors of NESN because the Bruins own either 25% or 33% of NESN.
    Posted by BruinsCountry[/QUOTE]
    They own 20%, the Sox own the other 80%

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Exactly WHO is Making Decisions at NESN These Days?????? : They own 20%, the Sox own the other 80%
    Posted by screw-cindy-and-ovie[/QUOTE]

Which is exactly proportionate the the coverage.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gardensupporter. Show Gardensupporter's posts

>>They own 20%, the Sox own the other 80% <<<

That parallels the priority of the 2 teams at NESN pretty closely.

Love the earlier post that said if we complain--they'll put Uri and Jade on instead of Jack and Brick.

That would shut me up right away,

I'll take Brick 3,900 miles from the action--over Uri on the 9th floor any day of the week. 

Good point from a previous post about Jack.  Yes, he probably went as far as he could without saying "I apologize that I work for a bunch of jacka--sses".  Good for you Jack, let those tacky Edwards-isms fly. We give you a pass..

Let's lock up NESN management in Gretzky's office until they make a smart move...hopefully management makes a Juicy Rebound --ans starts to care at least a LITTLE bit about Hockey.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Michelle-. Show Michelle-'s posts

"They are the Bruins not the Red Sox"... are you kidding me?

How does this even make sense?...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gardensupporter. Show Gardensupporter's posts

What do mean Michelle..that since the Bruins are not the Red Sox---that NESN shouldn't fly the Broadcasters to the away games?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Michelle-. Show Michelle-'s posts

[QUOTE]What do mean Michelle..that since the Bruins are not the Red Sox---that NESN shouldn't fly the Broadcasters to the away games?

No.. I am saying that the red sox are were awful and the Bruins should get the recognition they deserve.

Also as fans who pay a sh!tload to see this team, I think it's only fair that we watch a game as exciting as one in Prague..like a normal game. Edwards seemed so bummed out they werent going when i heard him on SportHub.

But like Duinne said, it was only 2 games. Here's to a great season! :P

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtassinarisoccer. Show jtassinarisoccer's posts

all of a sudden, you are a programmer?? Get over it

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gardensupporter. Show Gardensupporter's posts

Good point...maybe if we make enough noise--this will NEVER happen again.

I suspect the Suits there hear the message.  I've seen some subtle changes on other ssues people have complained about.

"NESN Daily" is looking a little LESS like the "suburban white guys trying to be Hip Hop Funny".   There is nothing more stupid than White Guys trying to be Black--or people who aren't funny trying to be funny. People who aren't cool OD'ing on fake cool....

Maybe "Bruins Hockey--live from Watertown"  like we saw all  "FACEOFF WEEKEND" is a dead idea--at least until Watertown gets an NHL Franchise.

We can only hope.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeguinMyTime. Show SeguinMyTime's posts

Pocket Money is legit.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gardensupporter. Show Gardensupporter's posts

Actually I hear that 4 more people than budgeted --doubled up at $20 and won on Pocket Money.  You'll see much tougher questions next season.

Thats what did in Jack and Brick.

Plus I hear Fitzy's pay got bumped up 25 cents to $10.40/hour.  Budget Buster.

Next year they're gonna pay Fitzy with a Trade Out at the Liquor Store that sponsors the show...That will preserve cash too.  Probably help them recruit Vin Baker and Michael Ryder as in-studio analysts as well.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Pretty terrible job by NESN. They really did drop the ball on this one. The Bruins won't be back in Europe for a while and it would have been a worth-while hit to their bottom line, especially since they've clearly lost a bit of goodwill due to this.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtassinarisoccer. Show jtassinarisoccer's posts

In Response to Exactly WHO is Making Decisions at NESN These Days??????:
    [QUOTE]Jthust when you think the suits at NESN could never possibly do something as brain dead as "NESN Daily" (the most utterly unwatchable piece of garbage in Boston TV Sports History)...VOILA--they topped themselves!!! The Big OPENING NIGHT (oh, I meant FIRST TWO GAMES) of the NHL Season--highly promoted locally--highly promoted NATIONALLY--big buildup EVEN ON NESN....and they are BROADCASTING THE GAME FROM THEIR BOSTON STUDIO!!!!! They can't even pick up a couple plane tickets for THE MARQUEE OPENING WEEKEND of the SEASON????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And Play by Play Coverage  (3800 miles away from the actual game) was as pathetic as one might suspect: "why didn't they tell me the Coyotoes pulled their goalie.."  said a clearly irritated Jack Edwards...who sounded even more irrirated than WE do listening to him  most nights. "some one's dropped the gloves in a fight--could you show us who?"  chimed in Edwards 20 seconds into an on-ice fight. Then we had no idea how much time was left on a 2-man Bs power play--and later even if they were still ON the PP... And to top if off they tried forever to get sound for an interview with the only guy who actually showed up to play on the Ice--Nathan Horton--and Kathryn Tappen was forced to ad-lin through several failed attempts at even that. POETC JUSTICE This is the lowest moment in recent NESN..heck, recent LOCAL PROFESSIONAL SPORTS history.   I never even heard of an AHL team pulling off such a cheapo stunt. I know Red Sox TV audience collapsed (down 35%+)  and I assume their TV revenues took a hit....and I know the Economy is Punk....but this was totally pathetic--even by NESN'S RECENT low standards!!!! What an embarassment for Hockey fans. Could YOU EVER IMAGINE THIS HAPPENING TO THE RED SOX, PATRIOTS, OR CELTICS???????????????????????? this solidifies the Bruins as equal to Boston College Eagles TOPS in the pecking order of TV.

the only thing you said that was accurate is "this solidifies the Bruins as equal to Boston College Eagles TOPS in the pecking order of TV".  VERY true

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Exactly WHO is Making Decisions at NESN These Days?????? : Hahaha.  I don't know what's worse, the fact that Uri can't speak or the fact that he will occasionally try to act "street".  On the 1st ever episode of NESN Daily, he interviewed Ortiz after a Red Sox win over the Yankees.  Uri literally opened the interview with "Yo, what up Papi?"  Is that really how a supposed professional journalist should talk?
    Posted by TimThomas-god[/QUOTE]

Or when you clearly hear his MAJOR speech impediment.  He can barely say "S".  I watched it once and he said "Tho it lookth like the Red Thoxth will be down a man for a little while with Duthtin pedroia now on the Dithabled Litht."  I was like "Really?  NESN hired this idiot to anchor a bad version of SportsDesk (which really wasn't good either I must say)?  How cheap are they going to get?"  I can't stand watching it.  And the forced chemistry with Jade MCarthy is just awful.  I bet they don't even talk to each other off the air.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

I avoided this thread for days, then, read all of the posts.  Interesting I thought it would be about the Human Resources department at first.  Afterall it is pretty obvious the fast talking cutesy blonde types are the major focus of hiring at NESN, not that I mind visually but....  Ah Uri? Is it the switching from Spanish to English that causes the speech impediment.  Today I saw the interview with Dana Barios on the Celtics, Uri was on there.  He is not a hockey guy!  Duinne said it best about the NESN Daily female member, number 3, she has a skreeching voice.  

Lastly, it was a shame not to have live broadcast from Prague.  It was supposedly to sell the game, the reporters could have done a number of pieces on the city of Prague and Czech hockey.  They missed the fight on that one.  DrCC, agree it was the best post of the year... no fly zone.  Too funny!

I wonder if the Red Sox ownership buys the football team in Liverpool they will have a live broadcast?  Enough of the random thinking.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gardensupporter. Show Gardensupporter's posts

So Jtass,

I take it you think the Bruins DID bring play by play from Prague--that Watertown was a bad joke--it really didn't happen?

You think we DID hear from Nathan Horton--the crap soundless live shot was my imagination?

I take it YOU DO think Uri is the great example of why English as a 2nd language is admirable? 

I take it you missed when Jack Edwards said he couldn't tell who was fighting?

Or didn't know the Bruins pulled their goalie in game 1?

Or didn't know how much time the Bruins had on a one man or 2 man advantage power play?

I take it you do NOT think Red Sox ratings were down 35% this year? You may be right--the decline may be a little more?

I take it YOU HAVE watched AHL games broadcast from monitors 3,900 miles away from the Ice Surface???

OK, Jerk--fire away!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

I love the ignore button.  Thanks for reminding me of it jtassinarisoccer.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

[QUOTE]Pocket Money is legit.
    Posted by SeguinMyTime[/QUOTE]

Pocket Money would be legit if Fitzy was allowed to be Fitzy.  I miss the 25 F-bombs per minute quota he hits on his web videos.  Obviously, that's not going to happen on NESN.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gardensupporter. Show Gardensupporter's posts

I still think Pocket Money is over budget by at least $80 in winnings.

Whether that put Jack and Brick in the Watertown Penalty Box last weekend...well thats just speculation  :)

Sections
Shortcuts