Expectations of Horton

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Expectations of Horton

In Response to Re: Expectations of Horton:
    [QUOTE]It all depends on how hard the guy works and his attitude. Horton has been an underachiever is whole career. His work ethic has never been good and he wasn't well liked in the locker room last season. He has a ton of talent, but talent won't do it alone. If he decides to put the work in to match his talent, he can score a lot. If he doesn't, he will just be another underachieving winger
    Posted by lordy4[/QUOTE]

This will be fixed this year.  Super-Mentor Mark Recchi will lead him to maturity.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Socrates was an effective lefty starter early in his career but unfortunately blew his elbow out then was used sparingly out of the pen in the minors after that sad very sad.

Savard certainly knew where Kovalchuk and Kessel liked to be on the ice. Interesting when Janney went to St. Louis in the Oates trade Craig was of course sent out with Brett Hull and they did not click so well together but Janney and Shanahan immediately clicked. Oates on the other hand had no problems with anyone he jelled with Neely and Hull amongst others.

Me thinks Julien will give Savard chances with both Seguin and Horton. Nathan most likely the first choice. Savard will have no problems finding the big bodies he'll have out here with him Lucic and Horton. I want that line to click and i think it will...well....really, really hoping I can't takes another year of sluggish offensive play like this past one.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Savard is an elite passer/playmaker...you try having a good year with Bitz, Begin, and Paille instead of Kessel. As far as the Philly series- you've got to give the man a break, he was sitting in a dark room a couple of weeks earlier.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SupportLocal81. Show SupportLocal81's posts

I'll be happy if he shows some intensity and provides a physical presence.. but I am talking night in and night out.. the lackluster performance that last years team exibited was unacceptable..  Horton has size and should be a force to be reckoned with. Irrespective of who is feeding him the puck..Krecji ,Savard or Bergeron .. I hope he 'crashes the net ' and becomes a major nuisance in the crease area... Aside from Mark Recchi. there hasn't been as much net front presence as there should be..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Expectations of Horton:[QUOTE]50-60-110 Anything less is a bust. Bring back Wideman and #15 overall. PC got taken to the cleaners. and It's Jacobs fault. Posted by OlsonicCreations[/QUOTE]

Ha Ha Nice!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Ah, Oates.  That was an elite playmaker.  One thing I don't think Savard can do is change his game to suit his linemates.  If guys play a certain way, and that jibes with the way Savard plays - great.  But he doesn't seem to be able to say "well, Kess wanted the puck early so he could take a step or two and get some good action on his shot, but Ryder, he needs the puck high to get the right angles, and Sturm only really wants it in the last few feet when he's crashing the net."  Oates had that figured out.  He could analyze his linemates, figure out how to play to their strengths, and get the puck to the when necessary.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheShepherd. Show TheShepherd's posts

Adam oates was a machine... he showed up a few years too late tho. Can you imagine if he did his time here with a healthy cam neely. disgusting.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Horton was playing well when Jokinnen was there, when he left, there was nothing left in Flo and he was covered like the Prom Queen at Football practice.

He and Luc will be a perfect fit with Sav, read em and weep.

Krej will be with Ryd and Wheel and that old black and gold magic will be there.

Seg will get the 100 breakaway passes that Pail got from Berg, and if he is only 30% that will be way cooler than last years 5%.  Plus Recchi will complement them as well.

Thorn will think he is Big Joe and get 70 assists to Pail and Camp. Had to throw this in there.LOL

Sturm will be a by product and throw a monkey wrench in things when he comes back after just 10 games. Say it ain't so, Joe.

Spaceman Bill Lee is the true mentalist and has predicted the B's in 4 over the Sharks.

"You have two hemispheres in your brain - a left and a right side. The left side controls the right side of your body and right controls the left half. It's a fact. Therefore, left-handers are the only people in their right minds." Source: Sports Illustrated (April 7, 1980)

I am right handed and that explains it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Expectations of Horton : Have you seen any of the Development Camp at Mile One yet???  I will be taking in a practice tomorrow morning if I can. I expect 30 outta Horton...
    Posted by scottm50[/QUOTE]

Missed everything work and still 2 hours away.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Expectations of Horton:[QUOTE]Adam oates was a machine... he showed up a few years too late tho. Can you imagine if he did his time here with a healthy cam neely. disgusting. Posted by TheShepherd[/QUOTE]

Imagine if Ornest wasn't so cheap and paid Adam Oates (actually glad he didn't because Oates is one of my favorite Bruins) but for numbers sake How many more goals would Hull have scored if Adam had remained with the Blues ? Again very glad Oates became a Bruin but Oates-Hull were a dynamic duo.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

[QUOTE]Horton was playing well when Jokinnen was there, when he left, there was nothing left in Flo and he was covered like the Prom Queen at Football practice. He and Luc will be a perfect fit with Sav, read em and weep. Krej will be with Ryd and Wheel and that old black and gold magic will be there. Seg will get the 100 breakaway passes that Pail got from Berg, and if he is only 30% that will be way cooler than last years 5%.  Plus Recchi will complement them as well. Thorn will think he is Big Joe and get 70 assists to Pail and Camp. Had to throw this in there.LOL Sturm will be a by product and throw a monkey wrench in things when he comes back after just 10 games. Say it ain't so, Joe. Spaceman Bill Lee is the true mentalist and has predicted the B's in 4 over the Sharks. "You have two hemispheres in your brain - a left and a right side. The left side controls the right side of your body and right controls the left half. It's a fact. Therefore, left-handers are the only people in their right minds." Source: Sports Illustrated (April 7, 1980)   I am right handed and that explains it.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT[/QUOTE]

How awful was that, even that 1 that he scored had to like trickle in off the goalie..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsNumber4. Show BruinsNumber4's posts

[QUOTE]Isn't Horton's game really a more consistent Ryder? I mean, their both big strong wingers that are supposed to be strong on the puck and shooters. My only concern with Horton meshing with Savvy is Horton's speed. Ryder really didn't click with him. Kessel did, so if Horton is more of a "power" Kessel, we really may have something here. How Horton's skating? Or am I way off base here? But to answer the post, I'd be happy with a 30-30 guy (for this year).
    Posted by BigD7[/QUOTE]

I wouldnt say your off base too much at all,, but Ryder's lack of consistency is pretty much where the hatred comes from with that Contract he was given. and when i look over stats, Hortons consistency is one of the first things that got me excited about him coming to the B's

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Horton will make Ryder look like AHL talent.  Oh wait, that's actually where he'll be playing this season.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reilly24. Show Reilly24's posts

I for one can't wait to see the line of Lucic Savard Horton. I think they are going to be one of the highest scoring lines in the NHL this year.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Expectations of Horton:[QUOTE]Horton will make Ryder look like AHL talent.  Oh wait, that's actually where he'll be playing this season.
    Posted by bim09[/QUOTE]

Yes Ha Ha nice slam Bim!

Sections
Shortcuts