F-ing Disgrace!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from uvguy07. Show uvguy07's posts

Re: F-ing Disgrace!

Correct me if I am wrong, and I know some of you will, but wasn't Savard the first one to jump in last season when there was the big donnybrook with Dallas? 

I agree with you ortiz, I too was waiting for someone to run Crosby into downtown Pittsburg, but the lack of team spirit is pathetic!

I am glad Don Cherry was not commenting on this game, his comments would have made his coat look tame!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

While no members on our club dropped the gloves with Cooke or attempted to hammer any Pens once play resumed, didn't a few Bruins like Lucic and Ryder converge on Cooke in the corner?  Admitedly, "converging" is not like "pounding" but to say the Bruins did nothing isn't quite accurate, is it?  (I'd much rather have seen the "pounding" option, actually.)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dcater. Show dcater's posts

i think the B's were stunned, not spineless. They were in a tough 2-1 game and then Savard gets hit, but apparently no one on the ice felt it was at the time a cheapshot. Everything was discovered after the fact. I would have taken a run at that basthid Penguin myself, but if the B's take a stupid penalty then they probably had no shot at trying to tie it. 5 minutes left, not the best time to take a run at someone. I don't think the guy was on the ice the last few minutes, but I could be wrong, they showed a shot of him on the bench. Who was responsible? The elbower, not Crosby or Malkin. Just putting it in perspective. The B's just seemed stunned that their best player was on the ice and had to be carried off in a stretcher. Un-nerving is the best way to explain it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

I just don't think "a stearn talking to" is the price to pay for headhunting our top forward. So, yes, saying they did "nothing" is entirely accurate, IMHO.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Maybe, just maybe the players didn't see the hit so didn't know how dirty it was. I just saw it on youtube and Cooke elbowed Savard in the temple...Cooke should have his kneck skated over; Crosby should get a similar elbow. That's hockey, a lot like football...intimidation or die.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dcater. Show dcater's posts

the only way to have gotten cooke was directly following the play, but it's obvious no one saw it on the ice. I don't know how 4 officials and 5 other B's don't see it, but that's how it appeared.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

I'll say it again, if you were following the play, you saw the hit, that simple. And we are talking about pros here, not some db in the stands texting their gf. There is no excuse.

Heck, even if they did, did they miss Savvy lying unconsious on the ice for 10 minutes????   

think man!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

If you played hockey you might know that everyone on the ice follows the shot, not the guy who gets cheap shotted after the play...even Julienne said he didn't see the elbow, probably because he was following the puck...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

oh, thanks for letting me know, and I though I had been playing hockey for the past 20 years, it must have been soccer.

Fact of the matter, the player on the ice ARE aware of whats going on and savvy would not be laying on the ice unconsious for a clean check. For your sake we'll say the players were not aware that Savvy had taken a shot, because thats when the cheap shot was, you don't think they saw it on the the big screen? And well even say they did not show it on the big screen, do oyu think NOBODY on the bench saw it also???? They ABSOLUTELY knew it was a cheap hit, and did nothing about it. I hope your know your futbal better than hockey, buddy.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Not the first time I have been ashamed of this team over the years.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

From TSN:

"Several Bruins players said they liked how the team didn't spend the rest of the game trying to retaliate, but focused instead on trying to get the tying goal."

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=312978

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In Response to Re: F-ing Disgrace!:
    From TSN: "Several Bruins players said they liked how the team didn't spend the rest of the game trying to retaliate, but focused instead on trying to get the tying goal." http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=312978
    Posted by Crowls2424

More shame.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

From TSN: "Several Bruins players said they liked how the team didn't spend the rest of the game trying to retaliate, but focused instead on trying to get the tying goal." http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=312978
    Posted by Crowls2424

Thats claude f**k**g Julien's team of robots for you.
    It's sickening

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

Savard is a professional. He would want the team to get the points instead of losing players to suspension during the stretch run for trying to retaliate.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Savard is a professional. He would want the team to get the points instead of losing players to suspension during the stretch run for trying to retaliate.
    Posted by davecarr

Ouch, I just don't know about this. Maybe THIS game. But come the 18th, I think this team better send a message. Savard may be a professional but he is also pretty emotional and he's gonna want some payback when it's 0-0 and a whole 60 minutes to play.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

ALL NHL teams are toothless today, not just the current Bruins.  The rules of "the new NHL" in combination wiht millionaire's salaries and the idiocy of Mr. Bettman have conspired to ruin OUR sport.  As KPD says, and he's 100% correct, they've taken the PASSION out of hockey.  Once you do that, you don't have much.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

In Response to Re: F-ing Disgrace! : Ouch, I just don't know about this. Maybe THIS game. But come the 18th, I think this team better send a message. Savard may be a professional but he is also pretty emotional and he's gonna want some payback when it's 0-0 and a whole 60 minutes to play.
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey

Agreed!

Going to the Dev's-B's game next week?

Sections
Shortcuts