FANNY MERNANDEZ STARTS SATURDAYS GAME

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

The games over iceman, I'll be waiting for your post game comments. By the way turns out to be a great coaching decision on the starting goalie. tt gets a break, fernandez plays really well. I dare you to try and put a twist on this.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[Quote]CATWHACKER=MORON ON THIS BOARD AND MORON IN LIFE[/Quote] Geno it looks to me that catwacker has forgot more about hockey than you know

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tarpouch. Show tarpouch's posts

I love to see a negitive troll get shut up.Manny did great tonight. Eat those words.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

C'mon, give the guy a break. This has got to be the funniest post of the year. The only thing missing was a screed about Chiarelli's stupidity and Jacobs' cheapness.

Seriously, though, the Bruins need both Thomas and Fernandez to play well if they're going to be competitive. They simply cannot ride Thomas until he drops, and Rask needs to get his work in, not ride the pine in Boston.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KesselKrew. Show KesselKrew's posts

[Quote] Geno it looks to me that catwacker has forgot more about hockey than you know[/Quote]

LOL

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from crlsnjnn. Show crlsnjnn's posts

I admit..........I was a bit surprised when Fernandez came in tonight. I know they have to keep him from getting rusty, but I thought they would put Thomas in because this is a fairly important game. But Fernandez was great. Maybe, just maybe, Julien knows a bit more about coaching a hockey team than we do?????

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from turk58. Show turk58's posts

Nice game by Fernandez tonight. Not so far back in the net and nice control of rebounds. Nice dillema for Julien if both goalies keep playing well, especially with 3 games in 4 nights coming up against tough opponents.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from KesselKrew. Show KesselKrew's posts

Thank god for the TRAP or else fermamdoez did not steal a shot

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinfan01. Show bruinfan01's posts

looks like manny won the game tonight. wonder if fatso timmy chubbins would have done as well. maybe we'll give manny the next start and let timmy chubbins do what he does best. opening and closing the door on the bench.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

If we have two good goalies that is better than one. I do not understand why some people think we are better off with a single Goalie. The more games MF plays the better numbers TT will put up. TT has great numbers now and at the beginning of last year but last year his numbers dropped because we were playing him too often.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[Quote]looks like manny won the game tonight. wonder if fatso timmy chubbins would have done as well. maybe we'll give manny the next start and let timmy chubbins do what he does best. opening and closing the door on the bench.[/Quote]

You do realize you are referring to the goalie with the best save % in the NHL?

My God, if Ken Dryden was backstopping the Bruins right now, some fan, some how, would find fault. Unbelievable.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from juniorfalcon19. Show juniorfalcon19's posts

[Quote]looks like manny won the game tonight. wonder if fatso timmy chubbins would have done as well. maybe we'll give manny the next start and let timmy chubbins do what he does best. opening and closing the door on the bench.[/Quote]

In a way I agree with you. As a junior hockey player I have a pretty good understanding of what a goaltender gives his team. I've never been a fan of Timmy's unathordox stlye, and his tendency to either steal the game, or give it away. Lately we have had the luxury of him stealing a few games, but Bruins fans do not be lulled into a false sense of security, Tim Thomas is not a goalie who will go through a season with a .944 save percentage. Claude Julien gave a lot of the credit to Timmy's two back to back shutout wins to the team defense and he did this with good reason. Thomas, despite stealing some goals has absolutely no rebound control. A perfect example of this is the 1 goal that Pittsburgh scored in regulation in the bought between them and the Bs a couple weeks ago. Low, weak, backhand shot tossed right into the slot. Timmy creates a lot of work for his defenders and centers with his rebound control, and that is what makes him a guy that will never be an elite goalie. Our best bet right now is to hope that he can do a decent job, and that Manny will return to his former "Wild" self and save the starting stop for Tuukka. Thomas will not lead this team to a Cup, do not believe in him, just pray that he and Fernandez can form a decent tandem, but look for Fernandez to be the playoff starter.