Favorite obscure Bruins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from s2e42o. Show s2e42o's posts

Re: Favorite obscure Bruins

Ken Hodge Jr.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

Alright Badhabitude, though I had never heard of Shoebottom before your post, I will give you this one. The guy defines the word "toiling"--nine minor league teams (including playing in my home town) and almost as many playoff games as regular season games in his short NHL career. Plus, headbutting a lineseman and getting so angry in another fight that the cops were called ... that is remarkable. http://www.hockeydraftcentral.com/1983/83047.html

I just have an interest in goalies, so I am sticking with Blue and Daniel Bethiaume and Rob Tallas and Paxton Schaefer and ... the list goes on.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrVmax. Show MrVmax's posts

Greg Hawgood

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Griswal65. Show Griswal65's posts

some dandies here, but I agree, it's SHOEBOTTOM !!

I think the word "obscure" is key here - some of these pics were pretty well known guys.

Fans would hurl their shoes onto the ice after Shoe's fights, and although he wasn't that great, he just looked like a monster with his big red beard and viking-like aura.

also like ALAN MAY - wish Bs had hung onto him...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from blydon75. Show blydon75's posts

My favorite fighter of all time Jay Miller.  Jim Wiemer had a very hard shot, once saw him break a goo chunk of wood off the back boards after missing the net in warmups.  Al Pederson ruled!!!!  He was kind of made fun of, but watching the old games that they replay on NESN, he was pretty solid along the blue line.  John Carter, Randy Burridge, Mats Thelin, and Craig Nienhuis I remember always liking as well.  For goalies, loved John Blue, even though he wasn't very good.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

I can't wait until the response on these two:

Ken Dryden

Bernie Parent

Can Hall of Famers be "obscure?"

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

Bank on the Tank!

Darren Banks - remember him chasing Rob Ray around the Aud all night.  Ray wanted no parts of him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ed121501. Show ed121501's posts

Louie Slegher (I hope I spelled it correctly). This guy was only here a while when he came up with one of those "pulled abdominal muscle" injuries and was never heard from again.
    Dean Chynoweth, Paul Boutillier, Willi Plett and Morris Lukowich
    The Shoe takes the cake though. good job.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Nevin Markwart

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanJohnthan. Show StanJohnthan's posts

Randy Burridge and Cleon Daskalakis

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TurkS16. Show TurkS16's posts

Pie MacKenzie is also a great favorite of mine....I would add from that era Wayne "Swoop" Carleton. Look for #11 in that famous Bobby Orr Stanley Cup winning photo sequence. I believe he netted 29 that year skating w/Espo and Hodge before "Shaky" Mike Walton took his spot.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThisIsBruinsCountry. Show ThisIsBruinsCountry's posts

Pat Riggin, Luc Dufour, and Jim Nill

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stanleycomehome. Show Stanleycomehome's posts

fred knipscheer  sandy moger ralph barahona and kraig neinhaus

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Murry Oliver & Dean Prentice

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulmend. Show paulmend's posts

Clark Donnetelli....
    This guy played what, 5 games for Boston? Yet he makes the cover of NHL 94 along with Ray Bourque and Andy Moog!

Other notibles...Tim Sweeny, CJ Young, Mike Bales, Daniel Berthium, Carl Corazzini

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

Iyes great player scored big ot goaln Response to Re: Favorite obscure Bruins:
    Bobby Schmautz
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

Barry Pederson

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Griswal65. Show Griswal65's posts

KARL MOKOSAK - great name, crap fighter...

Graham Townshend - played shinny with him once ein off season; treet trunk legs...

Nienhuis was a freak....

Darren Banks - there's a dandy too  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from captainsausage. Show captainsausage's posts

Cam Stewart

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from captainsausage. Show captainsausage's posts

and Ron Flockhart

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from turk58. Show turk58's posts

Bruce Shoebottom.We got stopped trying to take a bag of shoes into the Buffalo Aud in the 1988 playoffs.

Sections
Shortcuts