Thornton-Campbell-Paille           3-  9-12

Sturm- others                           14- 6

Seidenberg- Chara                   4-12

Boychuk-Ference                     5-2

Stuart- Hunwick                       2-7

Others                                      2

Rask                30-16-8   2.19ga avg

Thomas            15-  9-4   2.76ga avg

This scenario is bad news for Michael Ryder. He will be the one to lose his spot to Marco Sturm.

Overall, the Bruins will have a balanced attack; the power play will be so-so, but there will be some good streaks. The Bruins’ forte will be their even-strength play and their penalty-killing. Their penalty-kill will top the league. This season will be a consistent one with no losing streak of more than 3 games, and 2 unbeaten streaks of at least 10 games. They’ll finish 3rd overall in scoring and 3rd in goals against. All this bodes well for a run into the Conference final. Where we go from there depends on the form of Tyler Seguin. If there is any gas left in his tank we are into the final with a good chance.

“If I’m right – you are wrong; if you are right – something is wrong.” Don Cherry.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: FEARLESS PREDICTION 2010-11

As much as I dislike Ryder no way does he finish with 4 goals not going to happen. No way does Seguin out score Horton if this happens that means to me that there have been injuries to Horton-Savard-Lucic just don't see this happening.

Optimistic outlook on the season otherwise I like it but I'll be more cautious because I expected a huge year last year and got bit.

Give me reasons why you predict Thomas's GAA will go up ? or is it just another attempt to irritate Bruins fans whom want to see TT do well ?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

In Response to Re: FEARLESS PREDICTION 2010-11:
    [QUOTE]Wow,talk about setting yourself up for a fall.4 goals for Ryder? I assume you think he will be sent down?After Sturm returns in November?Sturm 14 goals coming off a major injury?Recchi 21 goals playing with a rookie,and a defensive center?Boychuck more goals then Seidenberg,despite being on the number one power play unit?Thomas only 28 games?Only if he is traded.This post is so full of garbage ,you should rent a dumpster.
    Posted by juniorfalcons19[/QUOTE]

You will notice on my post, if you look again, after the numbers, that I say Ryder will lose his spot to Sturm. I anticipate that Ryder will play approx. 20 games and then he will be gone, sometime into the 3rd week of November.

Oh, yes, the Seguin-Bergeron-Recchi line will be the no. 1 line this year. Patrice and Tyler will be working some magic and Recchi will benefit.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

What I don't get is why people have Seguin penciled in with Bergeron and Recchi. My understanding is that Seguin feels most comfortable at center and right wing. (Bergeron and Recchi's positions).

If Seguin is not gonna play center this season, I think he'll play right wing. I'm also with those who think Seguin will benefit from playing with a tough guy that has some offense, like Lucic (who can play left wing).

Horton doesn't really need Lucic to protect him. I don't think CJ will concentrate two tough wingers on one line while leaving other lines on the soft side. CJ tends to like balance.

Thus I think Seguin will play with Lucic centered by either Savard or Krejci.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernBrewin. Show NorthernBrewin's posts

I like Ryder....and he'll score over 20 goals this year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

[QUOTE]Are you on drugs!?!? This is the worst piece of pig slop I've ever seen in my life!!!! No way on the face of this earth does Tyler get 31 goals this year, he might in a couple of years as a matter of fact I think Tyler will be the best player on the team in 3 years. Savard & Lucic too low, Horton too low and if Recchi gets 21 goals I'll eat my day glow jockey shorts!!!
    Posted by umgawa[/QUOTE]

This is what my crystal balls have shown me for this year.

My crystal balls have also shown me that Tyler will lead the team in goals and points. And they have shown me that this will be a common occurance for many years to come.

Now tell me you wouldn't like that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from KJBruinswin. Show KJBruinswin's posts

230 + 32 = 262

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

[QUOTE]230 + 32 = 262
    Posted by KJBruinswin[/QUOTE]
    Rask and Thomas each score one.  Thomas's won't be an empty-netter.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

[QUOTE]230 + 32 = 262
    Posted by KJBruinswin[/QUOTE]

My bistake. Your are right, but in this case something is not wrong.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Very optimistic, but this is the time of year for that, so I like what you've got here. Also, nothing too ridiculous and, I agree with you, Ryder is going to be the one to go when Sturm gets back.

Some things from your prediction I just can't see happening:

- Seguin won't score 30+ this year
    - Paille won't score 12 (if you say 12 breakaways, 12 empty net opportunities, 12 tap-in chances, I'd agree)
    - Boychuk will score more than 5
    - Timmy's GAA will not be higher than last year's

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

[QUOTE]What I don't get is why people have Seguin penciled in with Bergeron and Recchi. My understanding is that Seguin feels most comfortable at center and right wing. (Bergeron and Recchi's positions). If Seguin is not gonna play center this season, I think he'll play right wing. I'm also with those who think Seguin will benefit from a tough guy with some offense like Lucic (who can play left wing). Horton doesn't really need Lucic to protect him. I don't think CJ will concentrate two tough wingers on one line while leaving other lines on the soft side. CJ tends to like balance. Thus I think Seguin will play with Lucic centered by either Savard or Krejci.
    Posted by NumbaFouwer[/QUOTE]

Ditto!

I think Horton will be with Savard, and perhaps Big Blake Wheeler, and Seguin will be with Krejci and Lucic - I first saw this suggested by BookBoy a few days ago and I think he's right.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: FEARLESS PREDICTION 2010-11 : Ditto! I think Horton will be with Savard, and perhaps Big Blake Wheeler, and Seguin will be with Krejci and Lucic - I first saw this suggested by BookBoy a few days ago and I think he's right.
    Posted by huscroft28[/QUOTE]

I don't mind those line combos. My numbers would not change, though.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canbostondoit. Show Canbostondoit's posts

I have the feeling a major trade will be done before Sturm's return involving Savard and LA. His pt totals will be smaller and ryder will be RW and Wheels on LW if Sturm returns he will start on the 4th line until game shape then move up to 3rd line and PK

Looch Savy Horton
    Wheels Krejci Ryder
    Rex Bergy Seguin
    Paille Camp Thorn

When Sturm returns ( ryder on waivers or Prov.)
    Looch Savy Horton
    Wheels Krejci Seguin
    Paille Bergy Rex
    Sturm Camp Thorn

After Savy is traded

Looch Krejci Horton
    Simmonds Bergy Seguin
    Sturm Colborne Rex
    Paille Camp Thorn

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

[QUOTE]I have the feeling a major trade will be done before Sturm's return involving Savard and LA. His pt totals will be smaller and ryder will be RW and Wheels on LW if Sturm returns he will start on the 4th line until game shape then move up to 3rd line and PK Looch Savy Horton Wheels Krejci Ryder Rex Bergy Seguin Paille Camp Thorn When Sturm returns ( ryder on waivers or Prov.) Looch Savy Horton Wheels Krejci Seguin Paille Bergy Rex Sturm Camp Thorn After Savy is traded Looch Krejci Horton Simmonds Bergy Seguin Sturm Colborne Rex Paille Camp Thorn
    Posted by Canbostondoit[/QUOTE]

I, too, have a feeling Savard my not be around for the whole season. But if he is, that is OK, too.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]I have the feeling a major trade will be done before Sturm's return involving Savard and LA. His pt totals will be smaller and ryder will be RW and Wheels on LW if Sturm returns he will start on the 4th line until game shape then move up to 3rd line and PK Looch Savy Horton Wheels Krejci Ryder Rex Bergy Seguin Paille Camp Thorn When Sturm returns ( ryder on waivers or Prov.) Looch Savy Horton Wheels Krejci Seguin Paille Bergy Rex Sturm Camp Thorn After Savy is traded Looch Krejci Horton Simmonds Bergy Seguin Sturm Colborne Rex Paille Camp Thorn
    Posted by Canbostondoit[/QUOTE]

Savard has a no trade clause because he has three small children who live in the Toronto area. He's not going to OK a trade to Los Angeles. And the Bruins aren't going to trade him if they have any hope of winning a Stanley Cup this year. If they want to get under the cap, there are many other options rather than trading their top playmaker.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbruin4. Show mrbruin4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: FEARLESS PREDICTION 2010-11 : This is what my crystal balls have shown me for this year. My crystal balls have also shown me that Tyler will lead the team in goals and points. And they have shown me that this will be a common occurance for many years to come. Now tell me you wouldn't like that.
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]

Tyler will be ok  on his way to great but no way will he lead the bruins in any catagory besides  top rookie pt leader..............if you truly think otherwise pass the bong

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pbergeron37. Show pbergeron37's posts

In Response to FEARLESS PREDICTION 2010-11:
    [QUOTE]Barring serious injury, my prediction is as follows:   2010-11 record   45-25-12 for 102point 1 st in NE Divison, 3 rd in conference.   Goals for - 264 Goals against - 201   The forwards will score 230 goals, the defense will add 32   Goals for breakdown:   Horton-Savard-Lucic                28-18-19 Seguin-Bergeron-Recchi            31-22-21 Ryder-Krejci-Wheeler                 4-23-20 Thornton-Campbell-Paille            3-   9-12 Sturm- others                            14- 6   Seidenberg- Chara                    4-12 Boychuk-Ference                      5-2 Stuart- Hunwick                        2-7 Others                                       2   Rask                 30-16-8    2.19ga avg Thomas             15-   9-4    2.76ga avg   This scenario is bad news for Michael Ryder. He will be the one to lose his spot to Marco Sturm.   Overall, the Bruins will have a balanced attack; the power play will be so-so, but there will be some good streaks. The Bruins’ forte will be their even-strength play and their penalty-killing. Their penalty-kill will top the league. This season will be a consistent one with no losing streak of more than 3 games, and 2 unbeaten streaks of at least 10 games. They’ll finish 3 rd overall in scoring and 3 rd in goals against. All this bodes well for a run into the Conference final. Where we go from there depends on the form of Tyler Seguin. If there is any gas left in his tank we are into the final with a good chance.   “If I’m right – you are wrong; if you are right – something is wrong.” Don Cherry.

Its not hard, Horton is not a LW, Lucic is, Wheeler has played mostly LW, Ryder exclusively RW, Recchi will be LW, Seguin will not be put on his off wing, so the top 3 lines are totally mixed around

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to FEARLESS PREDICTION 2010-11 : Its not hard, Horton is not a LW, Lucic is, Wheeler has played mostly LW, Ryder exclusively RW, Recchi will be LW, Seguin will not be put on his off wing, so the top 3 lines are totally mixed around
    Posted by pbergeron37[/QUOTE]

pb - My line combos go from right to left. Not left to right.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlackandGold24. Show BlackandGold24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: FEARLESS PREDICTION 2010-11 : Rask and Thomas each score one.  Thomas's won't be an empty-netter.
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

Thomas gets angry that he is standing on his head all game but still losing 1-0 because his teammates aren't scoring that night. He proceeds to stick handle his way all the way up the ice, through all five guys, dangles, and lights the lamp top shelf over the shoulder of Carey Price. Then he feels like Superman, and he gives up a weak goal as regulation ends to leave the B's without a point.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbruin4. Show mrbruin4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: FEARLESS PREDICTION 2010-11 : pb - My line combos go from right to left. Not left to right.

sure they do...................